Should the illuminati be expanded? Should Beast be replaced?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

New Avengers along with Uncanny Avengers is currently imo the best books out there. After reading the Infinity event and recalling the Galactic Council and all, it got me wondering.... would it be good for the Illuminati to be expanded? While Im not really sure about this, i think it could be interesting to have Thor there representing the God's and possibly even Gladiator to represent the Shiar empire, which seems to always be involved in earth affairs. I know that may be a bit off base but it was just a thought on expansion.

Personally, I want Beast out of there. He's ok but I really feel like it would be THAT much better if Magneto was in that spot or even Cyclops or Storm. I know Professor X set it up but I sometimes wish they'd do Beast like they did Cap and mind wipe him and replace him.

Thoughts?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HAWK2916

No thoughts?

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well the problem is that the more you expand the group the more possibly visible they become, and the whole point of the Illuminati is to work in the shadows. Thor isn't really a shadow type of guy.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

While I do think Beast being in the Illuminati was a "bad" decision it makes complete sense when you consider his intelligence and what he represents. It makes him a perfect fit for the group. As for the group expanding, absolutely not. It needs to stay as small as possible and should expand to reinclude Captain America, who isn't really needed at this point. The Illuminati covers most of the main corners of the MU Earth. Iron Man represents The Avengers, Reed represents the Fantastic Four/Future Foundation, Dr. Strange represents the magical aspect, Beast for the mutants/X-Men, Black Panther for Wikanda, and Namor for Atlantis. It's perfect the way it is.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

I agree with keeping the roster small. It fits their purpose.

Why all the hate for Beast? He's been an X-Man, an Avenger, and was Xavier's "heir" to the Infinity Gem. Given his intellect, experiences, connections, and the fact that he's one of my all time favorite characters (okay, the last one isn't a solid reason lol) I think he's a great fit.

Magneto or Cyclops would be hard considering their current status as terrorists, but I am intrigued by the thought of Magneto being a member of the Illuminati. I could have bought Charles leaving him the gem too.