Why new 52 lobo is going to fail

Devilhound66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After reading every comment from Why DC changed Lobo, and why it makes sense and article of new 52 lobo and trying to read the comic. I still can't give him a chance.

What they have done to Lobo makes me sick. I can come up with a list of things wrong and how this going to fail.

1. When the image of this new 52 they did not respect the fans. I mean there was a lot of hate mail. Comics is about making money and making fans happy. So far they are losing fans and sales. I have talked to a lot of fan about there thoughts and so far the sales have not been promising.I have also read a lot of mixed reviews from the comics. Basically giving it a poor rating. Also they don't care about what the fans think. They basically want the old fans swallow there a pride and be joked on this while new fans get to be exposed to it.

2. Second of all the name Lobo has baggage. First of all he did show up in omega men as a minor villain. Then he got picked up by Allen Grant. As for his fame was a pure fluke. But main thing is when something has been attached to something for a long period of time you can't just reboot and throw everything away. Lobo's name means "he who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoyed it" That has been in the history of Lobo comics and now changing it to a status or title makes no sense. Think of it this way what if they took away Freddy's Kreguer's sweater or glove from Nightmare on elmstreet? it would not work. Or think of it this way could you use the names in the article below could used? Beside Dracula ones.

http://25mostevil.wordpress.com/

Yes I know it sounds. I tried to make a movie a pitch for my film class. I used a Greek God's named as a villan. Every one who read it got mega pissed at me because I used that name. Yes I tried to argue with them of why it was dumb but of course they refused to listen. Therefore im rewriting it to make it work for school.

3. It has nothing to do with Lobo from the 90's. The look and personality don't match up. Yes I know this is a reboot. But all they did was get a pretty boy made him a softy. Yes he still does not care. But Lobo originally did not care for anybody he did whatever he wanted. I mean killed his planet and did not care. Now we got troubled Lobo haunted by his past and the love of his life is dead. Old school Lobo would have not been hung up on a girl. Lobo was a sexiest, smoking, drinking, and riding his bike. This Lobo is to much of a gentlemen and carries nothing from the older ones.

I mean yes this a reboot. But Lets face it Batman is still upset with his mom and dad dieing and he still has the same costume. Yes different versions but the same. What if DC made Batman happy and his parents never died. Would it still be the same batman? No.

Basically Dc just slapped a Lobo sticker on pretty boy and is just tiring to sell it. They just did it as a sake of having a Lobo comic. Also it just to attract new fans. Where I fail to see how a twilight vamp look could sell. Most likely they are trying to get more girl fans.

4. How they treated the old fans. Basically.killing off old school Lobo or Pre new 52. Basically just did a big FU to all old fans. I mean not even a fight. This comic could have pleased every fan if they made the series where he was hunting Old school and New Lobo fight each other in a big clash. But no.

Also MR. Cullen Bunn said

But Bunn said the "fake" Lobo will be dealt with right away in this new comic — and the "new" Lobo will be established as the comic's main character.

http://www.newsarama.com/22261-cullen-bunn-reaches-out-to-old-school-lobo-fans-i-get-it.html

So yeah most likely old school Lobo won't been seen anymore. Or not till blood moon crises Hopefully.

5. target audience. They are trying to sell this to many target audiences. lobo was met to be mature audiences. Lets face it the 90's Bo was not met for this society. I understand it. But making him more user friendly. Its better to have left Lobo in the vault never to be seen again. Its impossible to reboot. DC should quit not all characters can be like Batman and Super man and Spiderman the money makers.

6. ITS A REBOOT OF EVERYTHING OF LOBO! They changed the origin, the name meaning, the look, and the personality by a lot. Its no longer a devil may care attitude its another wanna be bad a$$ who is troubled by there past.

7. Atni hero to hero. Its now trouble past hero.

8. The Czrain ability and Lobo immortality. Old school Lobo has been banned from after life. Basically having new school lobo kill him off the bat is affecting with the story of Lobo. Meaning DC has lost there minds and threw everything out the window and put a big FU on it and start over. Or this another fake Lobo the pre-52 Lobo. Which the screwed up again.

9. Logic of pre 52 Lobo and the new 52 Lobo. They killed off Pre 52 Lobo in the death stroke comics. Second if "True Lobo" was in love if the ruler daughter. Then explain this:

What happen to Sheba? Sheba is Lobo's lover/princess in the death stroke 52. I know she only appears in three comics. Is she just a fake princess? Will she be forgotten. Im guessing she is dead because she is locked away. But the thing is DC is just going to sweep it up under the rug.

10. Lobo was a one hit wonder. His fame was a fluke. He was never met to last.

“’As mentioned, the character was meant to be an ugly pastiche – a critique of the senseless violence and deplorable chauvinistic attitudes of some of Marvel’s antiheroic characters – but in a somewhat ironic twist he became one of the DC Universe’s most popular characters.”’

"'But if the intention of Giffen and Slifer was to expose how terrible and amoral the violence of Wolverine was – to horrify readers by what comic books were promoting – then does the critical and commercial success of Lobo not then constitute a philosophical failure? Was DC on the wrong side of history? Is there no relevant protagonist but the antihero?'''

http://modernmythologies.com/2013/11/27/the-last-czarnian-how-lobo-killed-the-antihero/

Lobo had his fun in the sun. I mean every Lobo has. Don't matter if its new or old. He can't be used his time has come and gone.

To many questions and no answers. Basically this is a different character the Main Man you grew up with isn't here anymore. Also

""Unfortunately, DC is playing this one straight, hoping he'll become a hit like Batman or Wolverine.""

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comicsandcosplayreviews/12365-Review-Lobo-1-has-good-moments-but-misses-the-fun-of-the-origina.2

I don't wish to be unfair. I really do wish I could love him or like him.

But the new 52 Lobo really messed him up. It just broke my heart and hurt my feelings. know. I know its dumb. its dumb that I got upset by it. It just he got me into comics. I never liked comics till I found him and it opened a door for me to like comics. but new 52 lobo just made me regret going through that door. but im not going to drop Old lobo. im just going to be not happy with dc comics for a long time or till they get rid of new 52 lobo.

I also wish in my heart of hearts I could look past all of this and Love the new Lobo. But its not clicking. He does not have the charm that I fell in love with him. I loved Lobo's don't give a d$$$$ attitude and everything bad about him. But New 52 Lobo just reminds me why I grew to hate comics and heroes. Im more into villains and anti hero.

So you can hate me all you want. Call me bad names and block me for here. But this how I fell about new 52 Lobo.

Here are some articles of what I about New 52 Lobo

http://www.newsarama.com/22261-cullen-bunn-reaches-out-to-old-school-lobo-fans-i-get-it.html

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/02/review-lobo-1---becoming-an-ouroboros/

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53852

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135990-New-52s-Lobo-Gets-Ongoing-Series-Tragic-Backstory

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comicsandcosplayreviews/12365-Review-Lobo-1-has-good-moments-but-misses-the-fun-of-the-origina.2

Old Lobo

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/dc_comics/news/?a=37720

Here are the articles I read about The New 52 Lobo and Old Lobo.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

You seem close minded. Lobo's parody days are over, done, finito. People need to accept that and move the #$@# on. Even if the book was top notch, everyone would still hate on it because that's what fanboys do nowadays. They just hate. It's time for the character to have a little substance now, instead of that boring one-note Sons of Anarchy reject. And judging by what I read, he really didn't change all that much, he's just slimmer. Boo-hoo!!

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the man above. You do sound like a close minded person who is passing judgement before you know the whole story. The funny thing though is I can understand how you feel, I really can. Your like most people and are resilient and rebellious when it comes to change, because you're afraid it could be worse which I can completely understand you. DC is clearly trying something new thought and want to see how it does. One question: Have you read it yet?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By goonage

@johnny_blaze: Lobo is still a parody, just not of 90's style anti-heroes. There was an entire thread about this.

Devilhound66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I read it. Im not close minded. Im just saying they should have made both fans happy. It is a complete total reboot. I bet if they did this to a well know character like batman or superman it would be ok for the fans to uproar. They basically threw everything out the window and made something new. Throwing away 31 years of history. I read the d&&&& thing like multiple times. I read all the d%%%% books of him in it. Im trying not to sound like a rant. Im trying to sound logic.

@johnny_blaze: That boo-woo was called for. I mean come on how old are you? Can't you respect a person's opinion?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

I like New Lobo.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

^^^What he said? ^^^

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lobo redesign is pretty friggin' awful. I'd put money on the fact that DC lost more Lobo fans than they gained.

Devilhound66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not speaking for everybody. Im going based upon a mass majority and sales so far. Im trying to be logic about this.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the nerves to say the true Lobo is some punk imposter "Faux-bo'.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not think you have to worry to much about new Lobo the first issue was horribly average and the four comic shops I go to had mountains of this book stacked around after moving them off the racks. One store ordered 40 copies in a week he told me they have 33 issues left over.

If sales are bad they will hail Mary it wby bring back Old Lobo

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I read it. Im not close minded. Im just saying they should have made both fans happy. It is a complete total reboot. I bet if they did this to a well know character like batman or superman it would be ok for the fans to uproar. They basically threw everything out the window and made something new. Throwing away 31 years of history. I read the d&&&& thing like multiple times. I read all the d%%%% books of him in it. Im trying not to sound like a rant. Im trying to sound logic.

@johnny_blaze: That boo-woo was called for. I mean come on how old are you? Can't you respect a person's opinion?

I understand where you're coming from. I'm NOT going to be like some people on here and completely sh*t on how you feel about pretty boy Lobo I see both sides of the fence, from your prospective and from someone who doesn't mind the new Lobo. You read the book so you get a lot of point for that because most people would NOT read the book and look at the cover and immediately start criticizing it without giving it a chance, so you get a thumbs up for that one. I understand how his appearance and how he overall is can turn someone off. He is gadget and gizmo oriented, he is physically scrawny, and he just doesn't live up to what you expect from "Lobo The Main Man". One thing I completely disagree with is them immediately killing off "Main Man Lobo". Now that was personal to "The Main Man Lobo" fans. I don't like the message that gave off at all.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lobo redesign is pretty friggin' awful. I'd put money on the fact that DC lost more Lobo fans than they gained.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the nerves to say the true Lobo is some punk imposter "Faux-bo'.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By johnny_blaze

I guess I'm different from most comic books fans. I care about character development, not what they look like. Because he's a 'pretty boy' means he still can't be a badass? He still can't be looked at as a threat? Big exaggerated muscles with an outdated biker style automatically means your tough?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Mongul

I understand that they're trying to develop him into a new parody of the fem-boy assassin types of these days, but it just doesn't work.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A. Thanks for reading my article so thoroughly

B. It's Cullen Bunn so the book already has my money.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember taking my sister to the comic shop and she took a quick glance at old Lobo, turned to me and told me she was dying. Her dying wish was that Lobo looked less like a WWF Rob Zombie. Rest in peace, Rebecca!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@johnny_blaze: 'Cept it's not just a new look it's a new character.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By amazing_webhead

This wouldn't have happened if they just went with the concept art:

The perfect middle ground if you ask me

azureblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the badass biker look went well with what he did... He was the ultimate Bastich in the business... Dunno if i can imagine the new Lobo scrunching a city into a ball and gobbling it up.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one way to find out.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@johnny_blaze: a park bench has a more interesting personality than the new Lobo

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Cept it's not just a new look it's a new character.

a park bench has a more interesting personality than the new Lobo

azureblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Cool.... His bottom half looks like it was borrowed from the Darksiders games though.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm different from most comic books fans. I care about character development, not what they look like. Because he's a 'pretty boy' means he still can't be a badass? He still can't be looked at as a threat? Big exaggerated muscles with an outdated biker style automatically means your tough?

I agree with you character development is important and helps make a character likable. People are jumping at him pretty quickly specially when this is only his first issue and he has had 0 time to show his appeal as a character. They need to wait till about 5 to 10 issue then a fair judgement can be passed.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Cool.... His bottom half looks like it was borrowed from the Darksiders games though.

Maybe, but it also makes him look kinda like Young Justice Lobo

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I really dislike the idea of the New Lobo, haven't read anything on the new 52 Lobo yet but quite liked the older one.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You liked this? No offense, but personally, I think it looks 19 different kinds of ugly and not in a cool way. In the way that would make me want to avoid a comic with him on the cover.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss his old loo but he's still cool.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By amazing_webhead
@scouterv said:
@amazingwebhead said:

You liked this? No offense, but personally, I think it looks 19 different kinds of ugly and not in a cool way. In the way that would make me want to avoid a comic with him on the cover.

You're welcome to your opinion, and of corse it's not as good as classic Lobo, but yeah I think it looks kinda cool

M-174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion. They should have made an entirely new character to parody the entire pretty boy thing.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Lobo too.

:'(