Who is the most powerful omega level mutant currently?

Jam25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For me it's either Nate grey or legion

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don’t have confirmation post-Hickman what Nate Grey’s mutant designation is. We can probably deduce that he is most likely still an Omega, but it’s yet to officially be confirmed.

Legion is a really good choice, honestly.

Jam25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumb

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marquis of death and matthew malloy still on the top chain of the omega level

CosDaSchitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

matthew malloy

matthew malloy couldnt resurrect people so i doubt he's all that powerful

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matthew Malloy is far from the top chain of Omegas.

I don’t know if the Marquis of Death is still considered an Omega post-Hickman. If we are gonna start being loose with the definition, then might as well start throwing Cable and Nate Grey into the mix.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justaxviel said:

matthew malloy

matthew malloy couldnt resurrect people so i doubt he's all that powerful

He really isn’t.

He was no more than another plot device for Bendis to breed drama for Cyclops’s downward spiral as a villain. Can't have him be too altruistic, otherwise the heroes will seem unjustified in their ridiculous hatred toward Cyclops.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s been a minute since I’ve read XMEN, I remember Legion, Nate Grey, Jean and Scarlet Witch (tho I can’t remember if she’s even a mutant anymore) being up there. I don’t know if this is still the case currently tho.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PyroFN
@mazahs117 said:

It’s been a minute since I’ve read XMEN, I remember Legion, Nate Grey, Jean and Scarlet Witch (tho I can’t remember if she’s even a mutant anymore) being up there. I don’t know if this is still the case currently tho.

There are new Omega-Level Mutants in Arakko (Mars Mutants sent there by the Krakoan Mutants), but this is the basic Omega-Level Mutant list.

No Caption Provided

A notable de-confirmed Omega is Cable, who was stated an Omega before the retcon.

Wanda is definitely not a mutant still after the dumb corporate mandated (I at least assume it’s corporate mandated) retcon in Uncanny Avengers . I will say she probably would have been an Omega if she were a mutant still, based on a quote from Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men and sheer feats.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I was still right about Jean and Legion then. I thought Franklin Richards WAS a mutant? Why is he listed as “Human”, was he retconned too?

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I was still right about Jean and Legion then. I thought Franklin Richards WAS a mutant? Why is he listed as “Human”, was he retconned too?

Franklin is no longer a mutant either.

Jam25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

I don’t know if the Marquis of Death is still considered an Omega post-Hickman. If we are gonna start being loose with the definition, then might as well start throwing Cable and Nate Grey into the mix.

I think by feats, excluding the statements or amped power, both marquis of death and matthew malloy still on the strongest list.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

I think by feats, excluding the statements or amped power, both marquis of death and matthew malloy still on the strongest list.

By feats, Matthew Malloy is thoroughly unimpressive compared to the other Omega Level reality warpers.

Marquis of Death just has not been in the picture. I am not even certain if he is relevant. If he is, the X-Men comics have not mentioned him.

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

By feats, Matthew Malloy is thoroughly unimpressive compared to the other Omega Level reality warpers.

Marquis of Death just has not been in the picture. I am not even certain if he is relevant. If he is, the X-Men comics have not mentioned him.

Marquis of death by feats beyond almost anything else in those list tbh. he doesn't need or mentioned in x men comics to prove it. Especially he's not from main universe.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PyroFN
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

Marquis of death by feats beyond almost anything else in those list tbh. he doesn't need or mentioned in x men comics to prove it. Especially he's not from main universe.

That’s……not how Omega-Level Mutants are ranked.

The term is coined in the 616, so we go by who is confirmed. Not who we think should be.

By that logic, I can easily call any mutant an Omega-Level. I’m not the writer, so I can’t dictate who is and isn‘t an Omega. Neither are you.

As far as feats go, that’s debatable. I stand by he probably just isn’t relevant. But if we are going by hypotheticals, he might qualify as an Omega. But, it’s still debatable on if he is the most powerful.

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Justaxviel
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

The term is coined in the 616, so we go by who is confirmed. Not who we think should be.

By that logic, I can easily call any mutant an Omega-Level. I’m not the writer, so I can’t dictate who is and isn‘t an Omega. Neither are you.

As far as feats go, that’s debatable. I stand by he probably just isn’t relevant. But if we are going by hypotheticals, he might qualify as an Omega. But, it’s still debatable on if he is the most powerful.

I said in the context of feats and raw power not from a statements or amped power, which is already a thing that marquis of death fit to be at the 2 nd most powerful omega level, the 1 st one would be miranda that basically could manipulate all marvel continuity.

"I stand by he probably just isn’t relevant."

He literally make cosmic entities as his pawn, how can't you count that as irrelevant ? nobody "omega" mutant in your list can make that feats, maybe jean grey but it's just her amped plot device power, no more no less.

FireLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's Proteus? Although I don't really keep up with marvel comics that much so maybe there's some new powerhouse who's stronger.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

I said in the context of feats and raw power not from a statements or amped power, which is already a thing that marquis of death fit to be at the 2 nd most powerful omega level, the 1 st one would be miranda that basically could manipulate all marvel continuity.

He literally make cosmic entities as his pawn, how can't you count that as irrelevant ? nobody "omega" mutant in your list can make that feats, maybe jean grey but it's just her amped plot device power, no more no less.

Legion literally makes universes and puts others in boxes, solo’d a group of elder gods by erasing them before reversing time, and completely brought himself back from being erased from existence after he erased himself to begin with.

Jamie Braddock‘s base powerset is to manipulate the quantum strings that make up reality. He’s endured his synapses being fired at the same time and scattered across the universe and pulled himself back together. Jamie even hijacked the control of an entire dimension away from its owner and has given Psylocke reality warping immunity that not even a cosmic entity could break past. Jamie has created an opening in the White Hot Room and pulled Rachel and Psylocke out of their during House of M.

The Marquis of Death does not do anything that the most powerful of Omega’s already don’t do.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's Proteus? Although I don't really keep up with marvel comics that much so maybe there's some new powerhouse who's stronger.

Not really. Proteus has an issue with his maintaining a host that can handle his power levels and he just operates in localized spaces comparatively to other Omega’s. It’s not terrible, but he is seemingly more limited than an Omega usually is.

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:
@pyrofn said:
@justaxviel said:

Legion literally makes universes and puts others in boxes, solo’d a group of elder gods by erasing them before reversing time, and completely brought himself back from being erased from existence after he erased himself to begin with.

Jamie Braddock‘s base powerset is to manipulate the quantum strings that make up reality. He’s endured his synapses being fired at the same time and scattered across the universe and pulled himself back together. Jamie even hijacked the control of an entire dimension away from its owner and has given Psylocke reality warping immunity that not even a cosmic entity could break past. Jamie has created an opening in the White Hot Room and pulled Rachel and Psylocke out of their during House of M.

The Marquis of Death does not do anything that the most powerful of Omega’s already don’t do.

Oh please, marquis of death literally destroyed countless realities whenever he came in except the main reality, he uses cosmic entities as his pawn even called them an insect to him.

And miranda ?, she literally had the power of retcon and changing all continuity in marvel, she basically had the power of retcon, reboot, revision, without making any damage to all space and time continum in marvel. That is BEYOND any reality warper can do except the creator.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justaxviel: 1)”Oh please, marquis of death literally destroyed countless realities whenever he came in except the main reality, he uses cosmic entities as his pawn even called them an insect to him.”

It was one universe at a time and off-panel. That feat is literally within the capabilities of the Omega’s I mentioned.

Please stop with the wanking. If a character is powerful enough to take the universe and destroy it or put it in a box, they are most likely powerful enough to control the cosmic entities who don’t transcend their universe. The Marquis of Death is not special in this aspect and he is not a confirmed Omega-Level.

You are starting to derail this thread

2) “And miranda ?, she literally had the power of retcon and changing all continuity in marvel

This a thread about the most powerful Confirmed Omega-Level mutants.

Miranda is an “omicron-level mutant” and was in one story. She is not relevant and not on-topic.

Jam25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion

Marquis of death is basically not canon to the Krakow verse so he's out.

Matthew Malloy was a significant threat but wasn't that impressive if we compare power levels.

Jamie comes in second place

Justaxviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@justaxviel: 1)”Oh please, marquis of death literally destroyed countless realities whenever he came in except the main reality, he uses cosmic entities as his pawn even called them an insect to him.”

It was one universe at a time and off-panel. That feat is literally within the capabilities of the Omega’s I mentioned.

Please stop with the wanking. If a character is powerful enough to take the universe and destroy it or put it in a box, they are most likely powerful enough to control the cosmic entities who don’t transcend their universe. The Marquis of Death is not special in this aspect and he is not a confirmed Omega-Level.

You are starting to derail this thread

2) “And miranda ?, she literally had the power of retcon and changing all continuity in marvel

This a thread about the most powerful Confirmed Omega-Level mutants.

Miranda is an “omicron-level mutant” and was in one story. She is not relevant and not on-topic.

Yet he's stated that he already travel countless of universe and destroying it in the process just for ruining fantastic 4, yet legion doesn't have a feats or direct statements for controlling cosmic entities.

"Miranda is an “omicron-level mutant” and was in one story. She is not relevant and not on-topic."

Still can be counted as beyond omega level mutant at very least.

Jam25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion! This will not change unless Franklin Richard becomes a mutant again

Jam25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmesko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Koays

Legion followed by Jamie with an asterisk for Hope depending on who she's facing.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I'd say Jamie, Legion has not been very good in recent years all things considered.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PyroFN
@professorrespect said:

I'd say Jamie, Legion has not been very good in recent years all things considered.

Maybe not in combat, but his feats still outdo most every omega on the list without amps. And since this is a one rating power purely, I would say Legion does the best.

Hope Summers might be one of the few actual contenders aside from Jamie. Not only is her mimicry one aspect that basically makes her every omega, but power manipulation that works on other Omega Level mutants is very busted.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@pyrofn said:
@professorrespect said:

Maybe not in combat, but his feats still outdo most every omega on the list without amps. And since this is a one rating power purely, I would say Legion does the best.

Hope Summers might be one of the few actual contenders aside from Jamie. Not only is her mimicry one aspect that basically makes her every omega, but power manipulation that works on other Omega Level mutants is very busted.

If this was Legion in terms of legacy sure, but given his recent outings....ehh not sure about that. He's been pretty lackluster the past while and that's mostly down to balancing, I suppose; you couldn't have a competent Legion floating around because he'd murk most threats before they even show up.

Hope's tricky because by herself she's just bleh, but of course she has the highest possible potential out of all of them if she can properly copy the individuals here. Like with many power stealers/copy dudes like Amazo or whatever they always have the potential to be ridiculously strong

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Recently she also showed the ability to shut off other mutants powers ,she's basically using cheat codes >:(

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump — I actually agree that Legion hasn’t been impressive lately. I thought Marvel blew an excellent opportunity when he fought Uranos — he should have wrecked him, imo.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BigBaby
@supermanwithatan01 said:

Bump — I actually agree that Legion hasn’t been impressive lately. I thought Marvel blew an excellent opportunity when he fought Uranos — he should have wrecked him, imo.

I don't think his feat with Uranos is that bad, though? He was intended to be insanely powerful that Drew wanted to keep him locked up because his sheer power was that devastating.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope is pretty busted since she can turn off the power of any omega, or copy their power.

Legion is the strongest, raw powerwise.

A Legion and Hope combo killed a weak phoenix force, so these two are my top picks. Jamie braddock also is crazy powerful

1-Legion

2-Jamie

3-Hope

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:
@supermanwithatan01 said:

I don't think his feat with Uranos is that bad, though? He was intended to be insanely powerful that Drew wanted to keep him locked up because his sheer power was that devastating.

Meh I still think David should have probably crushed him based on his power level/feats.

Xogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion was Mother Righteous' initial pick when looking for suitable source of power to become a dominion. In the past, Legion has also shown extreme feats of power (e.g., reality-warping the entire universe). The problem with Legion, however, is that his power fluctuates wildly. Most recent incarnation was stalemated by Uranos, who isn't universal at all. But at his peak he's done some crazy shit.

The Phoenix Force was Mother Righteous' option after Legion escaped. Upon hijacking the White Hot Room, Righteous mentioned that The Phoenix is Jean Grey and Jean Grey is The Phoenix, like some complicated loop, thus going back to the Claremontian idea that the two are truly inseparable despite how Jean and The Phoenix Force have been apart many times. According to upcoming solicits and foreshadowing in recent comic issues, Phoenix Jean will be the one to vanquish the Enigma Dominion. If you're looking for current most powerful Omega, it's probably Jean.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends at the moment it is Jean and Storm

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Storm.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, what about Nate Grey?

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean grey currently

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PyroFN
@xogenesis said:

Legion was Mother Righteous' initial pick when looking for suitable source of power to become a dominion. In the past, Legion has also shown extreme feats of power (e.g., reality-warping the entire universe). The problem with Legion, however, is that his power fluctuates wildly. Most recent incarnation was stalemated by Uranos, who isn't universal at all. But at his peak he's done some crazy shit.

The Phoenix Force was Mother Righteous' option after Legion escaped. Upon hijacking the White Hot Room, Righteous mentioned that The Phoenix is Jean Grey and Jean Grey is The Phoenix, like some complicated loop, thus going back to the Claremontian idea that the two are truly inseparable despite how Jean and The Phoenix Force have been apart many times. According to upcoming solicits and foreshadowing in recent comic issues, Phoenix Jean will be the one to vanquish the Enigma Dominion. If you're looking for current most powerful Omega, it's probably Jean.

Yeah, it’s getting harder and harder to separate the idea of Phoenix and Jean being separate beings.

Like, we stick to that idea as a safer pick because the Phoenix is a primordial entity……but we have many statements muddying the waters. What really is the kicker though was Hope Summers mimicking the Phoenix powers from Jean Grey. That is at the same time Jean Grey makes it clear that Hope’s power is to mimic abilities, which for the longest time before this has only been mutant ones (barring Wanda’s powers).

No Caption Provided

At that point, you ask, “what is going on” when something is that blatantly against what you thought before.