Was God Emperor Doom really omnipotent?

Billy219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I read that God Emperor Doom in Secret Wars 2015 was supposed to be omnipotent but not omniscience but how can he be fully omnipotent when there was so many things he couldn't do? He couldn't heal his own face. He couldn't bring back the raft survivors after Dr Strange scattered them across Battleworld and he couldn't prevent Molecule Man from taking away his powers and giving it to Reed Richards even tho it was not his will to give up the power. How can you be omnipotent and your will not be absolute? Was Doom even nigh omnipotent? Exactly how powerful was he supposed to be?

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was the classical nigh omnipotent that's common during big events, can destroy or remake existence but is still not all powerful. Zero Hour Paralax, Future's End Pandora, Legion, Heart of the Universe Thanos.

Can destroy or remake existence but is still not all powerful. If your omnipotent you could give yourself omniscience.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator
Billy219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Billy219

I mean I really like Secret Wars 2015. The art was awesome. The story was epic and Doom was God and master of all that existed. What else could you ask for? Only shitty thing about it was the way it ended. Doom had the powers of all the Beyonders. 3 Beyonders killed all the abstract entities and the Living Tribunal. The Living Fucking Tribunal! It took only 1 Beyonder to kill all the Celestials in the entire universe. That's crazy power and Doom had all of their powers! How was it that Doom lost it so easily? They should have kept Doom as God Emperor Doom.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Though some of his limitations were due to his personal limitations, not those of his powers.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He have not Lost! He have voluntarly give up his power to Reed Richards in the last battle, understanding his only real limits: his ego. Giving up the power, he "free" itself from the last limits, the same limits that stop him from healing his face. So he is healed, at last, in the end. I think it is a great final. Doom save the Multiverse, but rule it as a ruthless emperor, an emperor with a terrible ego and a disfiguerd face. But Reed Richard, while recognizing his merit in saving the multiverse, show him the truth: Doom continue to be true to itself, and even with all the power of the universe, he can't stop being a selfish man. His disfigured face was the simbol of his origins, and only understanding that he must change itself, he was able to be cured. So he change itself in an act of humilty, give up the power and is healed. I've found this final extremelly cathartic

@billy219 said:

I mean I really like Secret Wars 2015. The art was awesome. The story was epic and Doom was God and master of all that existed. What else could you ask for? Only shitty thing about it was the way it ended. Doom had the powers of all the Beyonders. 3 Beyonders killed all the abstract entities and the Living Tribunal. The Living Fucking Tribunal! It took only 1 Beyonder to kill all the Celestials in the entire universe. That's crazy power and Doom had all of their powers! How was it that Doom lost it so easily? They should have kept Doom as God of Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No his face was so ugly that even omnipotence or nigh omnipotence couldn't fix it.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Close enough

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points