val kilmer most underrated batman?

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darryl

Can someone please explain to me why this guy gets so much hate? I was watching batman forever the other day and while it wasn't the best batmam movie. It wasn't horrible. But val kilmer. I don't know why he is so hated. Hes the closest one who mailed both Bruce and bats. What makes Michael Keaton who I thought was over batted any better than him

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Maybe people just lose sight of him because of other things that they dislike about the film.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

He's definitely underrated. I actually kind of like Forever...I mean it's not that good, but I still kind of like it. I think the biggest problem with Val is that he is by FAR the most forgettable Batman. He didn't make a big enough impression...I mean everyone knows Bale and Keaton..those are the first two names associated with the bat. Clooney is remember-able because of how awful B&R was, and how dumb he made Batman seem. When you think of Forever, Val isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darryl: oh yeah I totally agree he showed that part of Bruce that was still shaken by his parents death and the part of batman that saw being batman as something that he would do the rest of his life. The problem was batman and robin, batman and robin soiled batman forevers reputation. People associate the two movies with each other, which is unfortunate.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JulieDC

I always did like Batman Forever and never understood peoples dislike for Val Kilmer either. I do agree that Forever suffers from being the middle child of the bunch making it hard to stake out its own identity as well as being connected to the worst sequel ever. But it certainly doesn't help that with the Nolan movies, there is a new kind of Bat-fan that is dangerously obsessed over the 3 Gs: grim, gloom, and grittiness.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Most likely because of Batman and Robin.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MUFC

i actually rate Kilmer as the best guy who potrayed both bats and bruce effectively.

Keaten was shit as bruce and just fine as bats but that's just my opinion.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Val Kilmer wasn't bad at all in my opinion. Granted, I liked Carrey and Riddler and Jones as Two-Face as well. I like Batman Forever. Batman and Robin and Batman Returns are both garbage though. Arnold killed it as Mr. Freeze however.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Kilmer was pretty good. I still don't understand why he receives as much hate as he does.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikeyJ122

I'd put Val a head of Christian Bale honestly. I feel that Bale is the most OVERRATED Batman ever. He played Batman in the best series, that's why he gets love imo, not because of his performance. He also has the worst Batman voice probably ever. He was better than Clooney, I'll give him that.

My list:

1. Keaton

2. Kilmer

3. Bale

4. Clooney

5. West (just for kicks)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was the most forgettable. He wasn't the first, most nostalgia-inducing (for some people) batman like Michael Keaton. He had no bat nipples like Clooney. He wasn't hilariously campy like Adam west. I don't really need to explain why Bale is so popular. All in all there's just nothing that great, or bad for that matter, about him.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kilmer also got over shadowed by Carrey and TLJ. Both of their performances were so over the top (in a good way imo), that kilmer got lost in the mix imo.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The guys just got forgotten... Kinda how in TDK, Bale was just there while it was Ledger's movie...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Kilmer was bad necessarily, he just kinda put on a "dry" or "meh" performance imho.

As far as Keaton goes, I thought his Bruce Wayne was the worst out of all the Batman movie actors (well may not worst then Clooney), but I still to this day think Keatons Batman was the best. Keatons Batman was just the right mix of dark and brooding and mysterios imo.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

He was kinda boring to me. Not really charming as Bruce Wayne, nor intimidating as Batman.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: I agree with you that Keaton was the best Batman, and that's because he is the best actor of the bunch. Beetlejuice, Multiplicity and Mr. Mom alone speak for themselves. I honestly don't think that Kilmer, Clooney, or Bale have been half as good in any film than Keaton was in the three I just mentioned. Hell his performance in Beetlejuice alone puts the rest of those actors to shame.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was kinda boring to me. Not really charming as Bruce Wayne, nor intimidating as Batman.

this!

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bale

2. Keaton

3. Kilmer

4. West (lol)

5. Clooney

That is the order I put them in and the order they come to mind in.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@mikeyj122: I wouldn't say Keaton is the best actor in the Bunch...I think he did the best job as Batman, but IMO Bale is a wayyyy better actor. American Psycho, The Machinist, American Hustle, The Fighter.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to watch Forever again, from what I remember I loved it as a kid and I loved Kilmer as Bruce/Batman too.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Val Kilmer has the personality of a baked potato in every film he does. Batman is the least interesting character in all of existence. So yes, he was great.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blame Joel Schuemacher. Apparently Val got really depressed while making the movie and just kinda gave up.