Twitter Question of the Week RESULTS: If you could make one small change to a character what would it be?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Welcome back to another edition Twitter Question of the Week! Every Monday, we ask our followers on Twitter a question about comic books and take their answers and place them neatly into this fine piece of art. This week we asked our followers "If you could make one small change to a character what would it be and why?" Here's a few of your answers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What did the staff have to say?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thank you to EVERYONE that participated this week. If you want to get in on the fun, make sure to follow us on Twitter where we post the question a few times on Mondays, and make sure to use #CVTQ when replying; otherwise, we'll have no clue you answered! If you really want to appear in this weekly article, make sure to answer why. Anyone can just say something, but you have to be able to explain your passion.

Do you have a response but don't have a Twitter account? Let us know whose origin you think is awesome in the comment section below.

Mat Elfring is a sometimes comedian, always a writer, sometimes on Twitter, sometimes on a podcast, and always hitting "print screen" to make this weekly feature.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'd make Quentin Quire British

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda makes me glad that the people who are in charge are in charge.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ganthet2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ganthet2814

Change Tim Drake's Red Robin custom back to the pre 52 style. The character was looked and acted so much cooler back then. I mean come on he took down the League of Assassins without throwing a punch. Not much to be said there.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also THIS

Change Tim Drake's Red Robin custom back to the pre 52 style. The character was looked and acted so much cooler back then. I mean come on he took down the League of Assassins without throwing a punch. Not much to be said there.

SWagner017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see Aric of Dacia have his beard again. Bring back bearded X-O Manowar!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Aquaman needs his TP skillz back.

Lets start with him mind raping MMH, just so I can troll the battle boards.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Aquaman needs his TP skillz back.

Lets start with him mind raping MMH, just so I can troll the battle boards.

This is brilliant.

I also like @g_man's comment. I hated Clone Saga but I did like Ben.

Small change huh? Well, considering it small, I would have had Carol Danvers stay as Ms. Marvel while still adapting her new costume. It's grown on me, but I don't like the "Captain Marvel" moniker for her.

There are others, not sure if they'd be considered small or not though.

guyver 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would have Danny Rand (Iron Fist) not the head of a multi national company but instead but instead run a community centre. Run a martial arts class and other things. It would make his contact with luke cage and daredevil and the punisher and spiderman and jessica jones make more sense. Plus there are two many heads of corporations as superheroes when his powers doesn't really need it.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

@guyver_0 said:

I would have Danny Rand (Iron Fist) not the head of a multi national company but instead but instead run a community centre. Run a martial arts class and other things. It would make his contact with luke cage and daredevil and the punisher and spiderman and jessica jones make more sense. Plus there are two many heads of corporations as superheroes when his powers doesn't really need it.

this makes tons of sense^

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

That first one for Tim Drake is pretty stupid--no offense to that guy. It's essentially the same type of problem people are having with the new Wally West. I'm all up for diversity, but they shouldn't change big things like their race or sexuality just for the sake of diversity. Make new characters who are diverse, don't change the classics.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give Floyd Lawton his moustache back. They have him running around with Rick Flag's head in the New 52.

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleepbutnodream15: Who says they're actually changing it? People come out at all ages. For all we know Tim Drake or even Bruce Wayne has actually been in the closet all this time. Sexuality is personal until that individual decides to tell you what it is, so even fictional characters could have a change like that years after being introduced. It's the same idea as changing a bunch of superheroes to be all dark and edgy, really. Updating source material for a new twist with new information and to pull in new readers.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Make it possible for Raven to see out of that dumb helmet of hers.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda like the Black Canary origin from Arrow. Having the name Sara yet still having someone named Laurel as well as Dinah can still show light to her origins. And Black canary having no powers just seems to fit more than making up a weird story of how she can scream loud. Cause its really not a cool power. The original Black Canary didnt even have powers. Shes one of the best martial artists in the DC universe and there should be an interesting story behind that..not how she gets a dumb ability.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh the fan boy in me is screaming jean grey alive as my one small change but the realist in me is choking the life out of that thought.

My one small change make wonder woman more wonder less super. Tale the flight away at the very least.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a really cool change to a comic book character from awhile ago that i forgot. I think it involved Deadpool? Making us never learn his name or even know him under the mask make him a complete mystery or something. Was that it? Damn this is going to bug me what was my idea from long ago?

Well one i just thought of is i would like alot of characters in the Marvel universe to get secret identities back. I also complain about comics never having serious changes stay being repetitive and showing no guts but the one major unvierse changing thing to happen in comics that stayed is the one i don't like lol. I love secret identities and i love Marvel heroes so obviously i want secret identities back. DC offers secret identities but so much of the New 52 is crap secret identities isn't enough for me to just reguraly follow a series that may be crapd depending on the comic. Plus basically all the secret identities are billionaire,reporter, or military/cop basically. Why can't we ever just have a characters secret identity be a guy working at a drug store or something? Why can't they ever just have completely normal majority of people lives before they're superheroes?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I would make it to where Cyclops doesn't get killed by the Phoenix aka Jean..oh wait he doesnt,frick you Fox

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had a really cool change to a comic book character from awhile ago that i forgot. I think it involved Deadpool? Making us never learn his name or even know him under the mask make him a complete mystery or something. Was that it? Damn this is going to bug me what was my idea from long ago?

Well one i just thought of is i would like alot of characters in the Marvel universe to get secret identities back. I also complain about comics never having serious changes stay being repetitive and showing no guts but the one major unvierse changing thing to happen in comics that stayed is the one i don't like lol. I love secret identities and i love Marvel heroes so obviously i want secret identities back. DC offers secret identities but so much of the New 52 is crap secret identities isn't enough for me to just reguraly follow a series that may be crapd depending on the comic. Plus basically all the secret identities are billionaire,reporter, or military/cop basically. Why can't we ever just have a characters secret identity be a guy working at a drug store or something? Why can't they ever just have completely normal majority of people lives before they're superheroes?

Whiteface worked in a drug store. He was a villain though, so maybe that's not what you're looking for.

Avatar image for doctorthomaselliot
DoctorThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replace Michael Lane with Jean Paul Valley

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The staff picks blew my mind. Agree with all of them.

I'd make Quentin Quire British

I always assumed he was even though I knew he isn't.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Well i ment more on someone with a solo series someone whose secret identity we get to know. There's lots of villians whose alternative is something basic some generic majority of the world job but we never really get to know their secret identity.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd make Cassandra Cain exist again.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

(Best one EVER!) My choice: make Killer Moth a serious threat again!

That first one for Tim Drake is pretty stupid--no offense to that guy. It's essentially the same type of problem people are having with the new Wally West. I'm all up for diversity, but they shouldn't change big things like their race or sexuality just for the sake of diversity. Make new characters who are diverse, don't change the classics.

(claps) Bravo. Excellent speech.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Improve Anakin Skywalker's reasons for becoming Darth Vader (not comics based but I think it counts)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

naylor11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By naylor11

I'd make it to where the old Swamp Thing didn't get fused with the Black Lantern energy and was still the avatar

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#37  Edited By Extremis

"It's unfair New York has all the heroes" Um where you been?

As for what I'd change:

Kyle Rayner's mask. I like that it's unique but that shits got to go. Its got to GO.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Make The Flash have more time-travel stories (Dr Who style.)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

Make The Flash have more time-travel stories (Dr Who style.)

Cool idea.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bigsoto74

I wish the Fantastic Four started a school and each member of the Illuminati had to enroll 4 members of their faction to represent them and to learn to fight as a four person team. I could see new titles X4, Inhuman4, Iron4, etc... With the new Inhumans being created it would be the perfect time. I could see Medusa doing this for public relations. A lot of inhumans popping up she has to look good in the some how.

I think a perfect team would be the following: Inferno, Flynn, Ms. Marvel and The Junkman. These guys are so new it would be awesome to see how they grow as heroes

For the Mutants I think Rockslide, Match, Armor and Mercury would be a good team. They already have work together as a team and it would be ideal for them to work together on this. I could also see the conversations between Rockslide and Thing on dealing with looking different.

Stark would just build 4 suits for Shield Agent or something like that. A team of trained know it all's and they think they do not need to be there.

Dr. Strange would more than likely find 4 Wiccan Elementalist and they will be the ones preaching about nature and stuff.