THOR discussion thread

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kid Crow

Ok, I just read Thor 1 - 12 in two days.  It is an INCREDIBLE series, the best writing i Marvel right now (tied with Brubaker's Captain America).  I wanted to create a Thor discussion thread so us fans can talk about the series and such.  I'm loving the Loki chracter.  How he entered the past and created Odin's fate is so awesome.  Anyone want to start a topic?

caption
caption

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger

Thor is really amazing. In my opinion it's the best Marvel comic currently in production, and I think the main thing it has going for it (other than having one of, if not the, best writers in the business) is that it isn't bogged down by all the events and tie ins. I'm very happy he isn't on any incarnation of Avengers, as he is in a league of his own. I can't wait for the eventual struggle for the throne to happen between him and Balder.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I understand now why Thor is a top seller.I can't quite put my finger on what it is a like about the comic but the more I read the more I want to read.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Scourge

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/29-2268/official-thor-series-thread/92-379417/#18

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kid Crow

Great feedback.  I, too, cant wait for the battle for the throne between Thor and Baldar or, better yet, what happens to Sif.  Wow, Loki is a real devil.  He stole Sif's body, tricked Thor into freeing him and the rest of the baddies (issue 4 I think) and has Sif trapped in an elderly, cancerous body that could die any day now.  He's seriously the baddest character oround.  The art is absolutely amazing and the colorist is the best.  Sure, the writing is stupendous.  On the alternate cover for Thor 600 is shows Thor fighting BOR!  Wow, that would be something.  And what if Odin gets the truth about who Loki really is, how he influenced the past in order to be Odin's son.  Wild stuff.  Yes, it not being tied into all the stuff out there in the Marvel Universe is a benefit.  Less distraction.  I bet Stazynski was really pissed whenThor appeared in Rulk and got his ass whipped.  So out of character for Thor.  Hey, how about when Thor talked to Steve Rogers...wow, is there potential for the real Cap to return?  What if that was Captain America issue 50?  Probably not...but would be interesting.

Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kid Crow

Great feedback.  I, too, cant wait for the battle for the throne between Thor and Baldar or, better yet, what happens to Sif.  Wow, Loki is a real devil.  He stole Sif's body, tricked Thor into freeing him and the rest of the baddies (issue 4 I think) and has Sif trapped in an elderly, cancerous body that could die any day now.  He's seriously the baddest character oround.  The art is absolutely amazing and the colorist is the best.  Sure, the writing is stupendous.  On the alternate cover for Thor 600 is shows Thor fighting BOR!  Wow, that would be something.  And what if Odin gets the truth about who Loki really is, how he influenced the past in order to be Odin's son.  Wild stuff.  Yes, it not being tied into all the stuff out there in the Marvel Universe is a benefit.  Less distraction.  I bet Stazynski was really pissed whenThor appeared in Rulk and got his ass whipped.  So out of character for Thor.  Hey, how about when Thor talked to Steve Rogers...wow, is there potential for the real Cap to return?  What if that was Captain America issue 50?  Probably not...but would be interesting.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr. Wilson

#600 looks awesome!

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Scourge
Kid Crow said:
"Great feedback.  I, too, cant wait for the battle for the throne between Thor and Baldar or, better yet, what happens to Sif.  Wow, Loki is a real devil.  He stole Sif's body, tricked Thor into freeing him and the rest of the baddies (issue 4 I think) and has Sif trapped in an elderly, cancerous body that could die any day now.  He's seriously the baddest character oround.  The art is absolutely amazing and the colorist is the best.  Sure, the writing is stupendous.  On the alternate cover for Thor 600 is shows Thor fighting BOR!  Wow, that would be something.  And what if Odin gets the truth about who Loki really is, how he influenced the past in order to be Odin's son.  Wild stuff.  Yes, it not being tied into all the stuff out there in the Marvel Universe is a benefit.  Less distraction.  I bet Stazynski was really pissed whenThor appeared in Rulk and got his ass whipped.  So out of character for Thor.  Hey, how about when Thor talked to Steve Rogers...wow, is there potential for the real Cap to return?  What if that was Captain America issue 50?  Probably not...but would be interesting."

caption
caption
Rulk knows Thor wouldve whooped his ass if there was good writing :)
Kid Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kid Crow

Fresh Prince...right.  But why did Loeb have to write such a shitty out of character piece...sigh.  There should be a real rematch where Thor beats him into unconsciousness.

Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spider-Pantrelli
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Scourge
Kid Crow said:
"Fresh Prince...right.  But why did Loeb have to write such a shitty out of character piece...sigh.  There should be a real rematch where Thor beats him into unconsciousness."
Yup. But Thor wouldve beat him there if he wasnt stopped