The Mandarin in Ant-Man? (MCU topic)

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

Awhile back I had wrote a blog about Jason Todd being played by an unknown actor in the upcoming Batman v Superman movie. My source was from IMDb. Amazingly enough, after the posting of my blog, that speculation was taken off the IMDb page for Batman v Superman. Yet again, a stirring casting call has caught my eye for the soon to be released Ant-Man.

If anyone remembers Iron Man 2 or the Marvel short "All Hail the King", the Ten Rings has a worldwide network with several agents across the globe. As it turns out, actor Rod Hallett will be playing a Ten Rings member in Ant-Man. Is it possible that Peyton Reed has plans to make the Mandarin, an arch-nemesis for Ant-Man. I think that would actually be pretty cool.

No Caption Provided

At the end of the Ant-Man movie, they could imply that Rod Hallett approaches Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) and tells him that his employer (Mandarin) is a jeweler who recently had some valuable merchandise stolen from him and he needs a thief to steal it back. Can u imagine an Ant-Man sequel where Scott Lang must take on criminals who have been given super powers by the Mandarin rings? If that is the case, I would definitely want the Ant-Man movie to be a success just so I can see the sequel. I'm still hopeful that Ant-Man will take on Ultron at some point in time.

What do u think?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Claymore1998

Interesting.

As long as we get to see Mandarin in any movie I am excited.

^_^

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: the best actor to play the real mandarin would be Cary Hiroyuki tagawa. Shang tsung from mortal kombat

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: Sounds cool. I am personally not as fussed with which actor plays him, I am more concerned with that the character will be like in terms of his motivations, end goal and how he goes about doing his things.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well I can't think of any cool Ant Man villains so your would be interesting to see.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: The only cool Ant-Man villains are Ultron, Egghead, Whirlwind and Living Laser. I wuz thinking if James Spader doesn't want to come back as Ultron, maybe Michael Douglas could play the voice for Ultron since the latest comics "Rage of Ultron" depicts Ultron fusing with Hank Pym.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@ravenvice01: They should give him his own villians rather than recycling other ones.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: I agree but like ccraft said: Ant-man doesn't really hav an impressive rogue gallery

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Interesting.

As long as we get to see Mandarin in any movie I am excited.

^_^

No Caption Provided

I AM THE MANDARIN!

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: that doesn't count >_<

I am still pretending that never happened hehe

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: that doesn't count >_<

I am still pretending that never happened hehe

Yeah. That's terrible. Let's burnt that part.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: absolutely. I loved the movie as it was, apart from the Mandarin part. Hopefully he will show up eventually somewhere in a story that he deserves.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: absolutely. I loved the movie as it was, apart from the Mandarin part. Hopefully he will show up eventually somewhere in a story that he deserves.

Me too. Great movie, awful twist.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: personally, I think the mandarin should be the lead villain in the next season of agents of SHIELD. that would make the TV show a bit more interesting.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: personally, I think the mandarin should be the lead villain in the next season of agents of SHIELD. that would make the TV show a bit more interesting.

How who would be the Mandarin? We already had a Mandarin that was a joke, then Aldrich claiming he was the Mandarin... and then a third one!?

Tem Borjigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Tem Borjigin

Even if the rumor of Hallett playing a Ten Rings member is true, it's most likely just as a blink-and-you-missed-it easter-egg.

We already know the government wants the Ant-Man tech. So I could easily see some quick scene of the government using prototype Ant-Man tech to attack some generic terrorists with the Ten Rings flag in the background. Blink-and-you-missed-it stuff.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#18  Edited By black_wreath

Maybe The Mandarin should remain the man behind the curtain. Various people could claim to be The Mandarin only to swerve at the last minute and reveal they were just acting under orders from the true Mandarin. Maybe no actor should play him because we never see him, he's always one step ahead.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RavenVice01

@black_wreath: I kinda like the idea...very shadowy. Technically, the Mandarin has no name like Bane but they both have an origin which is why I didn't like the alterations they did for either character in their respective movies.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its disappointing...I just read a tidbit about Hallett's involvement in Ant-Man. It turns out Hallett's character poses as a prospective investor during Cross' presentation of the Ant-Man technology. His distinguishing feature is a Ten Rings tattoo on his neck. I sure hope the Ant-Man sequel does involve the collecting of the Mandarin rings with the real Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe The Mandarin should remain the man behind the curtain. Various people could claim to be The Mandarin only to swerve at the last minute and reveal they were just acting under orders from the true Mandarin. Maybe no actor should play him because we never see him, he's always one step ahead.

Some characters work better that way.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

mandarin?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@ravenvice01: living laser is an Iron man villain isn't he? And since when is Egghead cool?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By vinomonster

Pass.

No Caption Provided

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must be the only person who enjoyed that twist, for me the saved the movie for turning into another generic superhero movie at that time.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadgod: most of us haven't seen the movie yet (although I've definitely been keeping my ears open) so we don't know what you're reffering to.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I was referring to Iron Man 3. I was fine with Guy Pearce being Mandarin .

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: The robot version of Egghead is cool because it can be implied that Elihas Starr and Ultron become one big bad cyborg. Living Laser and Whirlwind both had the hots for Wasp during Hank Pym's tenor as the Ant-Man. If they did an Ant-Man prequel, Whirlwind and Living Laser would be perfect or if they do an Ant-Man vs Mandarin movie then it can be implied that these two rogues get their powers from the Mandarin Rings

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: Oh...youre talking about the robot. I thought you were talking about the original....the only he was cool was when he was voiced by Wayne Knight. I remembered Whirlwind stalking Wasp and all that. I think he was even beating up hookers dressed like her at one point. living Laser is fine too.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How who would be the Mandarin? We already had a Mandarin that was a joke, then Aldrich claiming he was the Mandarin... and then a third one!?

It was confirmed in a Marvel One-Shot that there is a real Mandarin and that Killian was just using his name.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: I'm glad I hav someone else to confirm this as well. I'm hoping the real mandarin becomes the next villain for agents of shield or a foe for an ant-man sequel. I wonder if crossfire who is an ant-man villain will appear in AoS because he was never casted in the movie :(

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, if they did it would be different from the comic version. marvel doesn't want to do anything that would upset china since they carry some of their films there and they only carry 10 non Chinese films a year I think. the mandarin is a Chinese stereotype and that would be bad. In addition they don't have an Ironman movie planed at this point and I think that's were he would show if if he did.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: The Mandarin can be played off as a Triad/ Snakehead crime boss with powerful jewelry. Nothing too stereotypical about that. I know what u mean though...the whole Fu Manchu stereotype. I wouldn't be too concerned. My bet is it will be another 10 or 15 years before we see another Iron Man reboot but I would like the reboot to center around the Mandarin Rings just like the MCU surrounds itself around the Infinity Stones.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@ravenvice01: Crossfire is more of a Hawkeye villain. His fight with Ant-Man wasn't really personal or frequent.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I wouldn't say their conflict wasn't personal because Scott Lang was indirectly responsible for his cousin Darren's death plus his nephew got Crossfire involved recently with a plot against Lang.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: crossfire didn't really seem to care though. I wouldn't be suprised if he was being payed. Just because they were cousins doesn't mean they actually care about each other.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@ravenvice01: Yeah, the Crosses are hardly the usual family.Darren doesn't even give a crap about his own son.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RavenVice01

@avenging_x_bolt: Looks like the casting for Hallett has changed. It turns out he is a HYDRA buyer but he still may have a Ten Rings tattoo which doesn't make sense to me. I'm a little bummed out that the Mandarin may not be a possibility for an Ant-Man sequel. I would think by now HYDRA would be decimated because Baron von Strucker is dead. The only way I see HYDRA coming back is if the Red Skull makes a comeback.