So now what?

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gal Gadot is currently getting ripped an new a-hole on social media for defending Israel's actions (once again). How does this reflect on Warner Bros? I personally smell a recasting coming and I honestly feel like she should've never been Wonder Woman in the first place. This is a space for Wonder Woman fans to express their thoughts.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Israel has every right to defend its borders. She was a physical trainer in the Israeli army iirc. Note I'm not a fan of carrying Israel's water but every independent nation has a right to defend their sovereign borders.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Key word, on social media.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 killbilly  Moderator

They might take it as an opportunity to just restart the whole thing at this point.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Exactly, the next Wonder Woman is potentially going to flop terribly and I don't think they will take that risk.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb: Don't underestimate the power of social media. Wonder Woman 1984 already didn't do very well and was met with mixed reviews. The last thing WB needs is ties to Zionist propaganda.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Left continue to eat itself up as usual

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb said:

People forgetting Ezra Miller had that little scandal and just let it all blow over and now nobody even remembers it

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should have no affect on her capacity to act. Literally the point of acting is being someone different than yourself. I don’t hire my plumber based off his beliefs or who he supports I hire him based off his ability to do the job. This trend of firing someone based off of them having different opinions is ridiculous

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the DCEU even still considering of moving forward?

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@rhubarb said:

People forgetting Ezra Miller had that little scandal and just let it all blow over and now nobody even remembers it

Was that the time were he strangled a fan?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should have no affect on her capacity to act. Literally the point of acting is being someone different than yourself. I don’t hire my plumber based off his beliefs or who he supports I hire him based off his ability to do the job. This trend of firing someone based off of them having different opinions is ridiculous

What a really odd take. It's the entertainment industry if people aren't buying because of something you did then yea thats a good reason to let them go.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sar_annihilator: Yes. People questioned if it was a skit or if it was real but neither him nor wb cleared the air about what happened

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

What a really odd take. It's the entertainment industry if people aren't buying because of something you did then yea thats a good reason to let them go.

It doesn’t usually play out that way. People still buy, and in Gals case and in the case of other cancelled actors their actions outside of the job aren’t what make or break the product. I dont want to buy Wonder Woman 2 simply because the writing was terrible not because of her personal opinions and I think the majority of viewers share that sentiment. People today are too quick to anger and not quick enough to let things go

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@sar_annihilator: Yes. People questioned if it was a skit or if it was real but neither him nor wb cleared the air about what happened

Right, I see. Well from the looks of it and the way people reacted to it, it seemed as if it was real. Either way im pretty sure WB were saying it was most definitely a skit since that isnt Ezra's typical behavior according to many people.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

It doesn’t usually play out that way. People still buy, and in Gals case and in the case of other cancelled actors their actions outside of the job aren’t what make or break the product. I dont want to buy Wonder Woman 2 simply because the writing was terrible not because of her personal opinions and I think the majority of viewers share that sentiment. People today are too quick to anger and not quick enough to let things go

Based on what ?

That's your sentiment not the majority of people. These people aren't exactly getting canceled over nothing.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:
@kgb725 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

Based on what ?

That's your sentiment not the majority of people. These people aren't exactly getting canceled over nothing.

Wdym based on what? People aren’t refusing to watch stuff over something an actor has done and if they are it’s not enough to make a dent in sales. Please provide an example of where this is the case. And yes people are getting cancelled over stupid things. People are getting cancelled over stuff they said a decade ago, cancel culture is stupid, actors were never meant to be a paragon of morality, why we expect perfection out of actors of all people is beyond me

EvyHL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me tell you that here in Israel, ppl are mad Gal made a somewhat vague comment so not to be too one sided , they say that she should have been more on our side.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@kgb725 said:
@rhubarb said:

Was that the time were he strangled a fan?

Was a joke video, obviously. People got all up in arms about it because Twitter or something.

@evyhl said:

Let me tell you that here in Israel, ppl are mad Gal made a somewhat vague comment so not to be too one sided , they say that she should have been more on our side.

This is probably a reason why being a Centrist is cringe

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cocacolaman  Moderator

As per usual cancel culture is retarded

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:
@kgb725 said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

Based on what ?

Wdym based on what? People aren’t refusing to watch stuff over something an actor has done and if they are it’s not enough to make a dent in sales. Please provide an example of where this is the case. And yes people are getting cancelled over stupid things. People are getting cancelled over stuff they said a decade ago, cancel culture is stupid, actors were never meant to be a paragon of morality, why we expect perfection out of actors of all people is beyond me

Something that you didn't make up. Got any examples yourself because I don't feel like looking right now for actors specifically. I know directors have had their films tank

I as a white man think racism s. Assault and bigotry is fine and people just need to get over it. Just come on out and say that next time. Theres a difference between a paragon and someone just not being scum

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 death4bunnies  Moderator

Israel and Palestine is very complex.

I don’t like the idea of ‘settling’ someone else’s land.. the UN has told Israel to stop repeatedly, also attacking a mosque on Ramadan was gross.

I don’t like Palestinian war tactics, indiscriminate shelling and bombing is as a rule a trash way to wage war, I understand they lack tech and resources, but targeting civilians is trash.

Gal is allowed to have a opinion, and I’m allowed to think her opinion was good or bad.. it was mostly good, she called for peace, wish she could of said the word Palestine instead of our neighbors, but it was a good message in general.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gal's hardly an amazing actress. Replacing her would not be too difficult. I couldn't care either way. She's neither a political analyst nor an unbiased commentator, but her comments do perpetuate - on an account with significant influence - a continued stereotype of Israel as the victims under assault from a nasty bunch of terrorists rather than the truth of an illegal occupation and angry citizens resorting to terrorism when no one will help them. However, she has the right to her opinion, and punishing her for something that wasn't even particularly anti-Palestine is nonsensical.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU should just give up :D

easy solution

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll be fine. And she was always a good pick for Wonder Woman. Doubt they'll change her.

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just keeps getting worse.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll be fine. Despite popular belief, studios only butt in on social media controversy because they want to take advantage of it to either virtue signal and thus promote good PR or get rid off actors they've always wanted to drop example Gina Carano.

Firing Gadot wouldn't check these boxes

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh, god damn it... and she's hot too, why do they have to be the best ones too. Yeah I don't see her career lasting, maybe 2 or 3 more films.