Respect Maguire Beck, The Mad Jack O' Lantern (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Respect Maguire Beck, The Mad Jack O' Lantern (Complete Respect Thread)

No Caption Provided

Maguire Beck is, as the last name suggest, family to Quentin Beck. You might know Quentin as the supervillain named Mysterio. Maguire was Mysterio's biggest fan. Maguire was even asked to join him and she created her own villain costume. Eventually, Mysterio committed suicide. Maguire set out to torture everyone who has ever wronged him in some way. She became the second incarnation of Mad Jack.

Like all Jack O' Lanterns, I like this character. Maguire isn't as fleshed out as most Jack's but he's pretty cool due to being a hybrid between Jack O' Lantern and Mysterio which is should dangerous combination, except she doesn't use a lot of typical Jack O' Lantern gear which basically makes her a Mysterio with a pumpkin hat. It's still a really cool concept and I dig it.

This is my second Jack O' Lantern RT and while this one is relatively small there are still a lot of cool feats to draw from him. Especially illusions are used a lot by Jack.

Table Of Contents

I. Databook entries

II. Illusions

III. Gear

IV. Conclusion

I. Databook Entries

For a character with literally 3 appearances, Mad Jack appeared in a lot of databooks

No Caption Provided

Information on the backstory and personal statistics of both Mad Jacks (Marvel Encyclopedia: Spider-Man)

No Caption Provided

Another databook entry with information on orgins, but it also features a power grid (All-New Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe A-Z #6)

II. Illusions

Having technology from her cousin, Mad Jack can create illusions to fool his opponents.

Mad Jack fools Daredevil into thinking Spider-Man is fighting him, although it is later revealed that Daredevil knew that it wasn't Spider-Man. He did think he was fighting someone (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #1)

Mad Jack trips JJJ like he's never been tripped before (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #1)

Mad Jack makes it seem like toys come to life and fools two people (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #1)

Mad Jack uses an illusion to make it seem like JJJ is Mysterio (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #2)

Mad Jack makes Spider-Man and Daredevil see that they are surounded by their entire rogues gallery (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #2)

This illusion went on for a while, and Mad Jack was capable of making the illusions capable of actually hurting Daredevil and Spider-Man (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #3)

III. Gear

Mad Jack also has an amount of technological gadgets and other gear she can use to attack or help with illusions

Mad Jack has an army of birds she can turn into bats, and she can also set them to explode and release nytroglicerin and likely hallucinogen (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #1)

Mad Jack has Spider-Man in some device to make him think he's living his own fantasy (Spider-Man: Mysterio Manifesto #1 & #2)

Likewise with Spider-Man, Mad Jack also makes Daredevil think he's living his personal fantasy (The Mysterio Manifesto #2)

No Caption Provided

This technology also removed the powers of both Daredevil and Spider-Man (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #2)

No Caption Provided

Mad Jack possesses enough poison gas to fill a room with (Spider-Man: The Mysterio Manifesto #3)

IV. Conclusion

There's not a lot to draw from, but Mad Jack actually has some potent illusions and has some good gear to utilize. While more of a Mysterio than a Jack O' Lantern, there's definetly some similarities in the technology department. Not much to say since physicals weren't shown during the comic Mad Jack appeared in and those are usually a big part. Anyway, Mad Jack should be a high street tier via Mysterio scaling and straight up feats.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points