Pre-Continuity

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Marvel Knight

Ok for those who don't know, I'm Nobody with a new character. But anyways, I've noticed recently that a lot of people are adding information to pages, before anything is official. Like if you look at the Dark Avengers they have a full roster of people and half of them have not been confirmed. Look at Iron Patriot, he already has a page and hasn't made one appearance yet. Now I understand the want to get the points and the pages added. But that could very well be a character that already has a page, or those members may be inaccurate and will only add confusion. I think there should be some rule or something that info can't be add to a page until after it has hit the stands. Maybe thats just me. Thoughts?

Glamour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Glamour

I'm on the fence... Mutant zero had about.. 13 issues with no identity or something like that... same as the "baby Mutant." I think certain characters need pages as a place to store that information... only to have it transferred somewhere else later... idk though... depends i guess

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself
Glamour said:
"I'm on the fence... Mutant zero had about.. 13 issues with no identity or something like that... same as the "baby Mutant." I think certain characters need pages as a place to store that information... only to have it transferred somewhere else later... idk though... depends i guess"

agreed but the dark avengers haven't even been in a book yet and people are getting points for speculating things about them? that's not right
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized
danhimself said:
"Glamour said:
"I'm on the fence... Mutant zero had about.. 13 issues with no identity or something like that... same as the "baby Mutant." I think certain characters need pages as a place to store that information... only to have it transferred somewhere else later... idk though... depends i guess"

agreed but the dark avengers haven't even been in a book yet and people are getting points for speculating things about them? that's not right"
Yeah, i agree the DA thing jumped the gun a bit.
Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marvel Knight
Glamour said:
Mutant Zero and Red Hulk I was always iffy on. I mean yeah they are getting appearances and their info should go somewhere so I guess its ok. But Iron Patriot hasn't even appeared and his identity could be revealed in the first issue. As for Baby Mutant, the name of the page can be changed when she gets a name, but as for now she is a new character so its ok for her to have a page.
Avatar image for princess_melody
Princess Melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Princess Melody

Well, the DA page doesn't contain speculations or rumors (which, then, would be point-whoring IMO), only a tiny bit of information. I mean, if the information's been confirmed and it's fact, I don't see a problem with making a page.

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marvel Knight
Princess Melody said:
"Well, the DA page doesn't contain speculations or rumors (which, then, would be point-whoring IMO), only a tiny bit of information. I mean, if the information's been confirmed and it's fact, I don't see a problem with making a page."
Dark Avengers's page has several members listed that have not been confirmed. On Noh-Varr's page someone gave him the alias "Captain Mar-Vell" when first off the speculation is that its "Captain Marvel" and it hasn't been confirmed yet.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pixelized
Marvel Knight said:
"Glamour said:
Mutant Zero and Red Hulk I was always iffy on. I mean yeah they are getting appearances and their info should go somewhere so I guess its ok. But Iron Patriot hasn't even appeared and his identity could be revealed in the first issue. As for Baby Mutant, the name of the page can be changed when she gets a name, but as for now she is a new character so its ok for her to have a page."
I don't disagree that the iron patriot page was rushed, but i think in instances were a characters identity isn't instantly revealed, a page should be created for them.
Avatar image for princess_melody
Princess Melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Princess Melody
Marvel Knight said:
"Dark Avengers's page has several members listed that have not been confirmed. On Noh-Varr's page someone gave him the alias "Captain Mar-Vell" when first off the speculation is that its "Captain Marvel" and it hasn't been confirmed yet."
Well, of course if it hasn't been confirmed then it shouldn't be added to a page. All I meant is that if it has, then I see no harm in a page being made/edited before the comics in question hit the stands. After all, people who are looking up information about an upcoming series should be able to find some on ComicVine, if we want the encyclopedia to stand out as a great source to come check out for nearly any comicbook information.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

the x-baby has name now her name is hope
also the dark avengers page says that venom, bullseye and moonstone are members that hasn't been confirmed yet so why put up what for now is false information

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pixelized

I don't think Hope will stick it was sooo predictable. hopefully he changes that next issue

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

hopefully?

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marvel Knight
pixelized said:
"I don't think Hope will stick it was sooo predictable. hopefully he changes that next issue"
It is, but what else would the child be called. Shouldn't Cable have named it the name it had in his future?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pixelized
danhimself said:
"hopefully?"
LOL.

Marvel Knight said:
"pixelized said:
"I don't think Hope will stick it was sooo predictable. hopefully he changes that next issue"
It is, but what else would the child be called. Shouldn't Cable have named it the name it had in his future?"
Maybe that name was "Hope"
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself

or maybe he's never even met hope before and never knew her name

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Marvel Knight

He knew of her though, so you would think he would at least know a name if he didn't meet her before.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself

she was most likely long dead in cable's timeline and who knows what records were kept maybe all he knew was that she was the one who supposedly saved mutantkind....if she was only a legend or a story in his time then chances are he probably didn't know her name

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelized
danhimself said:
"she was most likely long dead in cable's timeline and who knows what records were kept maybe all he knew was that she was the one who supposedly saved mutantkind....if she was only a legend or a story in his time then chances are he probably didn't know her name"
Like Jesus?
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Slinger

Waaaaaay off topic, but did anyone else see a little phoenix shadow when they did a close up on her eye?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized
Slinger said:
"Waaaaaay off topic, but did anyone else see a little phoenix shadow when they did a close up on her eye?"
I remember seeing one in a picture Time posted a while ago.. not in number 9 though
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Slinger

I meant in #10

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pixelized

Sorry, i meant #10 as well, didn't know the issue number ]=

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marvel Knight

Anyways, we are all off topic here. Basically I think people need to stop submitting stuff until its official.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Slinger

I agree. Hold off on pages until there is at least some information.