Moderator Pet Peeves

excalibur5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By excalibur5150

I promise, I am not trying to rock the boat or stir the pot, but what are some complaints moderators or comic viners have about the other moderators or other comic viners? 

Examples could be excessive profanity, over reactions about certain topics, does moderator #1 wish moderator #2 would keep his smelly shoes on? 

Keep it clean!  

Ok maybe not!

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By sexy_merc

Viners who take up server space with useless threads...

No Caption Provided
i.aint.wit.it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By i.aint.wit.it
@Sexy Merc:
Hmm.....and to what threads do you refer per chance? Please sir, tickle my fancy! 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sexy_merc
@i.aint.wit.it: Tickle yourself...

:)
ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By ThunderShade

That is not keeping it clean fellas ;)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't really have any complaints about mods.It's the users who don't know how to act.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Jotham

I don't have any serious complaints, but it's kind of annoying when you're talking in a thread and it's suddenly locked. I get that there are reasons for locking threads, but it's still frustrating.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

Fanboys?

and @Jotham said:

" I don't have any serious complaints, but it's kind of annoying when you're talking in a thread and it's suddenly locked. I get that there are reasons for locking threads, but it's still frustrating. "
that
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@Jotham said:
"I don't have any serious complaints, but it's kind of annoying when you're talking in a thread and it's suddenly locked. I get that there are reasons for locking threads, but it's still frustrating. "

All the threads that I post on that are not threads that I started get locked.  :D

A few threads that I started get locked also, but I think only two or three.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Jotham said:
"I don't have any serious complaints, but it's kind of annoying when you're talking in a thread and it's suddenly locked. I get that there are reasons for locking threads, but it's still frustrating. "

If it's a duplicate thread, then you can carry on talking in the original (non-dupe) thread ;)
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I read something about a tickling fetish

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" I read something about a tickling fetish "
shhhhh <.<
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jotham
@xerox-kitty said:
" If it's a duplicate thread, then you can carry on talking in the original (non-dupe) thread ;) "
Right, I get that. But often it's a thread from months or years ago. At that point, it's much less ridiculous to just start a new one.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Final Arrow
@Jotham:  Or to carry the debate over to the old thread, the point behind locking dupe threads is to help keep the server space down. In turn which helps comicvine run better. If we allowed every dupe thread that was ever made to keep going, then lets just say comicvine would implode... seriously XD. I for one am more then happy to unlock a thread I have locked if a good enough reason is given, have you ever tired PMing a mod and talking to them about a locked thread? you will find most of us are happy to reply as long as you don't start the pm with. 

"WTH do you think you're doing." 

that tends to go down the wrong way XD.
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jotham
@Final Arrow: It's usually just mildly annoying, not annoying enough to try to get it unlocked. And is it really significantly different space-wise to just start a new thread as opposed to adding onto an old one?
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Magian
@Final Arrow:
So threads can be unlocked. Didn't know that.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Final Arrow
@Jotham said:
" @Final Arrow: It's usually just mildly annoying, not annoying enough to try to get it unlocked. And is it really significantly different space-wise to just start a new thread as opposed to adding onto an old one? "
Sometimes it can be, if you think about the amount of dupe threads that get made weekly, then think about it in a month and then a year. Now add posts within the threads and maybe pictures too it can all add up easily. See the things with Dupe threads is we try to be fair, we don't want to lock everything and we also don't want people to think we are just locking their thread. So we have to be fair to everyone and lock them all (with some that get allowed) or let every dupe thread to be allowed. I don't mind going back to old threads as it allows us to see how things have changed over the months. Most of us tend to let threads that have been dead for three to four years stay dead and allow the new thread to spark interest. but that in fairness does not happen a lot!!
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Final Arrow
@ComicMan24:  Yep threads can be unlocked and locked again. If I every lock something then I am always happy for users to speak to me about why and how it could be changed to be reopened. A lot of the Mods who are in the forums will be more then happy to talk about stuff. Xerox and MR are always happy for a chat about users questions, just don't be rude is all we ask, if I could post some of the names I have been called just last week alone it would make a sailor blush.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magian
@Final Arrow:
From what you are saying I assume that mods receive a lot of hate mail.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Final Arrow
@ComicMan24:  Only from people we warn or Ban and don't like it, I think that would be my peeve. If you do something wrong and have seen the rules there is no need to abuse the mods for doing what we have to do.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Magian
@Final Arrow:
True. Well, thanks for answering my question.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Final Arrow
@ComicMan24: no worries, just send me a pm if I can help.
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GreenLantern555

Moderators: To protect and serve!

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

My pet peeve list is MASSIVE

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@Final Arrow: 

I can't talk french to Edamame anymore. Boo-hoo. 

I read the rules when I first came here, but forgot the thing about foreign languages. I guess once you get on a roll speaking a language other than English, you start thinking in that language again and don't see anything foreign about it. 

There are probably a lot of folks who come to this site who don't speak, let's see, Phillipino? (for instance) But I'd bet that there are lots of folks here who can read french.
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roxanne Starr: why would you think there are a ton of people who can read French? random!  

On that though, as much as I am sure the creators did not want to single people out, frankly the site is American and it is English speaking so we all have to share in the forums by writing in English :)
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Final Arrow
@Roxanne Starr:  Yet again it is to be fair. If one user is speaking to another users it is fair to say that they know the same language. The problem happens when it is in a debate or an open forum, it prevents people from being able to reply to a point brought up by the other users, there fore taking away the need to debate! we have the PM system if people wan't to talk back and forth, but you will find that rule is not heavily used as it only happens now and again and if to users are having a harmless chat in a thread then the rule will not be enforced. As I have said the mods are pretty laid back when it comes to this type of thing. As long as people (and some do) don't go round insulting everyone in another language and it is not being used all the time then it is fine. But I would stress if you do wan't to have a private chat with someone use the PM system rather then just sparking up a convo in French.  

Also we do get a lot of Philopino users and from almost every country in the world and most find it easy to type in English. So far it has not overly been a problem and as I said this rule is not overly enforced unless people start taking the mick with it. there is actually an Italian thread floating around right now, which has not been locked nor have the people been told to speak English!!
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@Final Arrow: 

Does that mean that I can start a french thread?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
" @Gambler said:
" Babel Fish "
HA HA HA HA HA  "

That Babel Fish thingie is great!!!  

Can I start talking french again now?
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I hate it when I spend ages scanning and getting images from a comic book
add them to a characters Gallery and then a mod only approves a couple of the several I sent. :/

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roxanne Starr said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:
" @Gambler said:
" Babel Fish "
HA HA HA HA HA  "
That Babel Fish thingie is great!!!   Can I start talking french again now? "
As we have all said, this site uses English only, the odd comment here and there is fine of course! but it becomes difficult for users to share info when one person is speaking a different language ): sorry! 

@Cherry Bomb said:
" I hate it when I spend ages scanning and getting images from a comic book add them to a characters Gallery and then a mod only approves a couple of the several I sent. :/ "
Did you make sure that they follow all the rules of Image adding? 

Image upload best practices

Only submit ACTUAL comic covers when doing submissions for new comic issues. NO PREVIEW IMAGES.

• If you can't find an image online, scan it yourself. If you can't find the image or don't have a scanner, don't submit it.
  • When adding images for characters, teams, creators, etc. please check the galleries for the image you're going to upload to make sure it is not already in the gallery. Please don't submit full cover scans for anything other than the actual issue. Either crop the image to focus on the character, team, etc. or find another image. Full comic page scans are not allowed anywhere.
  • If a character has multiple galleries with specific categories or themes, please upload your image in the appropriate gallery. For example, submit pictures of zombie Spider-Man in the zombie Spider-Man gallery, not the regular Spider-Man gallery.
  • Also think about what pictures you upload. Don't google for images of Gambit and upload all 10.000 results here, upload quality pictures.
  • Avoid adding images tagged or watermarked with other sites' URLs.
  • No nudity/hentai in the galleries. No photoshopped repaints of nude or nearly nude models as your favorite characters. No dollz/minis/micro-heroes in the galleries.
  • When removing images or entire galleries please provide a note to the moderator explaining why you're removing it, is it a duplicate image, is it too small, does it not display correctly, etc.
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@.Mistress Redhead.: 

I was just pulling your leg, Mistress. ;)
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cherry Bomb
@.Mistress Redhead.: 

Yes, I'm positive my images fit those guidlines. I hate seeing doubled pictures so I always check that they aren't duplicates.  I have one that's a little racy ... 

No Caption Provided
but there's a similar image in the Black Widow gallery ... so I thought it would be acceptable.But oh well,  like yesterday, I uploaded some images of Rictor, only 3 of them were approved, the rest should've been , anyway, I've tried adding them again.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37  Edited By N7_Normandy

the mods all seem pretty fair.  They do a good job of maintaining order on the site without being overbearing

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By danhimself

I can honestly say that I like all the mods and I've never had a problem with anyone....my biggest pet peeve is people on the site who just refuse to follow the rules....I'm not sure why it bothers me...maybe it's my C.D.O. kicking in

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roxanne Starr said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.:  I was just pulling your leg, Mistress. ;) "
curse you ;p *shakes fist at her*  

@Cherry Bomb: hmmm I can only suggest asking the mod for a reason if they have not given one! All the mods are supportive like that, if you ask why we will try to tell you!
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cherry Bomb
@.Mistress Redhead.:   I never know which mod it is that accepts/denies  my images  >_<
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cherry Bomb said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.:   I never know which mod it is that accepts/denies  my images  >_< "
You dont get a pm? odd
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cherry Bomb
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.:   I never know which mod it is that accepts/denies  my images  >_< "
You dont get a pm? odd "
I get PM's when a mod accepts my submissions on character pages, but not when my images are accepted :/
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cherry Bomb
@aztek the lost:  oh okay, fair enough   xD   I'll just keep adding the images until they are accepted lol
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Roxanne Starr
curse you ;p *shakes fist at her*  
THIS MEANS WAR!!! 

That's me poking my opponent's arm
That's me poking my opponent's arm