Jesse Eisenberg as the Riddler

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

I have received a lot of comments about my blog regarding Eisenberg playing Lex Luthor. As always, I appreciate your thoughts. From what I gather, a lot of you agree that Eisenberg can play an arrogant but calculative individual so wouldn't he best be served for the casting of the Riddler. If Zack Snyder or "sorry to say" Christopher Nolan had said Eisenberg is going to play the Riddler then I wouldn't really have a problem or be so skeptical.

Plus at the same time, Michael Rossenbaum pulled off the Lex Luthor persona in more ways than one. I think if movie goers were to see Eisenberg bald and contending with Superman in a LexCorp kryptonite suit, they would be laughing until their sides got sore. At this point, I can only hope that Joaquim Phoenix is going to play the Joker. That's only way I can see this movie surviving with Lex Luthor reluctantly partnering up with Joker to take down Superman and Batman.

One other point, I would like to make is Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent and Lex Luthor should relatively be the same age. The whole age difference thing that Snyder is trying to capture with Batman sounds just as ridiculous as Batman taking an 8 year hiatus from crime fighting in Nolan's Dark Knight Rises. I have said it once and I will say it again. The true Batman may feel remorse for his faults but he always gets back on the horse and rides again. Batman doesn't take time off like Superman who goes on these year long missions in order "to find himself." Gotham will always need a Batman.

As always I look forward to your thoughts.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ccraft

I for one highly doubt Eisenberg's Luthor will be fighting Superman in his power suit, Superman could kill him in one punch, and Luthor knows that. If you read some of Snyder's and Goyer's comments about this new Luthor you'll see that there doing something different and modern this time.

Since Joaquin Phoenix walked a way from being Luthor, it would be awesome to see him as the Joker.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ccraft: @ravenvice01: I honestly don't think they will even have joker. Too many people would complain that they are trying to live up to heath ledger. Im excited to see how this all turns out though. The trailer will have so much hype once it comes out.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ARMIV2

@ccraft said:

"-something different and modern this time."

Those particular set of words make me feel weird in the stomach.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ccraft

@those_eyes: people complain anyways, they had the same complaints about Christian Bale when Affleck was announced as the new Batman. I would prefer new villains like Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, etc and then have Joker make an appearance later in the series.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@those_eyes: people complain anyways, they had the same complaints about Christian Bale when Affleck was announced as the new Batman. I would prefer new villains like Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, etc and then have Joker make an appearance later in the series.

It all will depend on the reception of the batman and superman movie. If it flops then we may not even get another solo batman film.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By LyraFay

@ccraft said:

It all will depend on the reception of the batman and superman movie. If it flops then we may not even get another solo batman film.

I don't think it'll flop, Forbes magazine said after the original announcement of the movie, basically adding Batman in the movie guarantees the extra money or maybe a billion (since he's one of the few Superheroes to have two billion dollar movies), Man of Steel didn't make. And I'm pretty sure WB would go back to just making Batman movies. Batman's a winner.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

@those_eyes said:

@ccraft said:

I don't think it'll flop, Forbes magazine said after the original announcement of the movie, basically adding Batman in the movie guarantees the extra money or maybe a billion (since he's one of the few Superheroes to have two billion dollar movies), Man of Steel didn't make. And I'm pretty sure WB would go back to just making Batman movies. Batman's a winner.

Hmmmm true! Batman is the cash cow. I just hope ben Affleck doesn't disappoint. Also Jesse as lex is just hard to grasp. I just don't see it being a successful performance.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: MoS2 is almost guaranteed a billion with Batman included, so is a new batman solo. Maybe just maybe if Gal does a good job in MoS2 we might see a WW solo film. And if we do maybe we'll see some Marvel fanboys criticize Marvel studios for not making a woman lead movie ;)

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@those_eyes: MoS2 is almost guaranteed a billion with Batman included, so is a new batman solo. Maybe just maybe if Gal does a good job in MoS2 we might see a WW solo film. And if we do maybe we'll see some Marvel fanboys criticize Marvel studios for not making a woman lead movie ;)

I just don't see how Jesse will go over well as Lex so I highly doubt he will be In any anymore superman movies after this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I don't think there were people outraged at bale being announced. Not to the degree of affleck.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I meant people were mad because Affleck will be the new Batman instead of Bale, if we get a new Joker the argument will be different but similar at the same time.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ccraft

@those_eyes: It might not go over well with most comic readers, but I still think there going in the right direction.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Oh OK well then yeah I agree.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@those_eyes: It might not go over well with most comic readers, but I still think there going in the right direction.

A young nerdy lex is the right direction?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

I for one highly doubt Eisenberg's Luthor will be fighting Superman in his power suit, Superman could kill him in one punch, and Luthor knows that. If you read some of Snyder's and Goyer's comments about this new Luthor you'll see that there doing something different and modern this time.

Since Joaquin Phoenix walked a way from being Luthor, it would be awesome to see him as the Joker.

That would be incredible, though I doubt Phoenix would ever do it I'd love to see that.

@ccraft said:

Well they did take some inspiration from Superman Birthright for MOS. Lex in that was a young nerd who felt like he didn't belong (initially) and it worked really well. Maybe Lex and Supes aren't necessarily against each other at the start?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd certainly play a good Riddler, better than he would Luthor which still depresses me when reminded.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ccraft

@silverpool: I would also love to see Phoenix take a crack at Joker, he definitely would be my ideal choice for the next Joker.

@ccraft said:

A young genius billionaire of a tech business, more like a young Bill Gates that has it in for Superman.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

That would be incredible, though I doubt Phoenix would ever do it I'd love to see that.

@those_eyes said:

@ccraft said:

Well they did take some inspiration from Superman Birthright for MOS. Lex in that was a young nerd who felt like he didn't belong (initially) and it worked really well. Maybe Lex and Supes aren't necessarily against each other at the start?

I would be cool with lex and supes being cool first and then batman gains suspicion for lex that supes doesn't realize and batman confronts lex but supes doesn't take kind to that and he confronts batman and they go at it. Then lex betrays supes somehow and batman and supes team up.I think that's the direction they will take it.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RavenVice01

@those_eyes: @those_eyes: u raise a compelling point because certaib users and Nolan supporters will down talk any other batman film adaption. This movie means a lot to dc fans because it will determine the fate of the justice League film and future batman films

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By those_eyes

@those_eyes: @those_eyes: u raise a compelling point because certaib users and Nolan supporters will down talk any other batman film adaption. This movie means a lot to dc fans because it will determine the fate of the justice League film and future batman films

Exactly. This film will be the savior or downfall for the future of most dc movies.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#22  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

Jesse would be an amazing Riddler!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

Right now I'm skeptically optimistic with Eisenberg as Lex, it could be great, it could be garbage, I see both sides of the issue.

As for the Riddler..I always thought David Tennant would be perfect for the role.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RavenVice01

@the_stegman: dr. Who could be better served playing another villain like black tom cassidy, banshee ' s evil brother or maybe Jason woodrue, poison It's creator

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: dr. Who could be better served playing another villain like black tom cassidy, banshee ' s evil brother or maybe Jason woodrue, poison It's creator

Nah, Tennant needs to be an A list villain, not some C stringers.