How competent is Mother Talzin with a Lightsaber?

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DirtyLuna
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As the title suggests. I would like to know how competent Mother Talzin is with a saber-like weapon.

So, we see Mother Talzin fight only once with a Lightsaber or a melee weapon, which can meet a Lightsaber blade to blade. This one fight takes place in The Clone Wars, in which she takes on Mace Windu. In the beginning, she does manage to drive Mace back somewhat but after that they do seem to match eachother pretty well. Their fights ends after about a minute, when they both get blasted away by the Bardottan Sphere, which explodes next to them. After that, Talzin disappears into Nightsister-mist as she does ever so often.

So, what does this mean about her combative abilities as a swordswoman? Matching Mace Windu even for a short while is very impressive but does that single fight indicate her true abilities? Maybe some of you can bring up another Saberwielder to which Talzin somewhat compares to or seems to be in the same league as. Perhaps some of you are interested.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We know for a fact she is below Dooku, but she is still probably master level.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wolfrazer  Online

Depends, what does Mace have going for him in the dueling department as around this time during the CW? Because I recall this being his only duel and I don't recall any duels he's been in prior to AOTC.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bardotta is a dark side nexus, so there's always that factor. But she still went head-to-head with Mace when armed with a sword of her choosing.

When armed with a lightsaber -- a curved one, at that -- she was vastly beneath the likes of Dooku.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

@wolfrazer said:

Depends, what does Mace have going for him in the dueling department as around this time during the CW? Because I recall this being his only duel and I don't recall any duels he's been in prior to AOTC.

The more recent EU is rarely kind to Mace. Most writers don't hold him in the same light that Lucas did during the prequels. His feats before ROTS consist of being beaten up by some alien warlord, being beaten up and competitively engaged by a droid mercenary, *maybe* struggling with Prosset Dibs(we don't know to what extent Mace was holding back)?, sparring fresh-out-of-a-coma Depa Billaba off-panel, and of course, being outfought by darksaber Maul despite having a Master like Aayla for backup .

Much like canon Vader, (recent) EU Mace is only truly impressive in the accolade department.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wolfrazer  Online

@lord_tenebrous: Well that's kinda lame. By the by since I can't message you wanted to ask, have you seen all my SW respect threads? Dunno if this is your main account or another, but I just noticed I haven't been tagging you for them apart from Kento.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: Well that's kinda lame. By the by since I can't message you wanted to ask, have you seen all my SW respect threads? Dunno if this is your main account or another, but I just noticed I haven't been tagging you for them apart from Kento.

This is my only account, but the one on Kento is the only respect thread of yours I've been tagged to in years.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wolfrazer  Online

@lord_tenebrous: Well...damn sorry about that, but I have an entire list that I think you may find interesting. Though it says I can't message unless you're following me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She drove Mace back with a combination of ferocity and magic, albeit only briefly and he'd never fought a Nightsister or an esoteric entity before. She was also attacking recklessly so he probably retreated to gain space in which to manoeuvre. She was later stomped by Sheev, albeit whilst in an unfamiliar body with different physicals and an unusual and difficult to use weapon. Swords are different to lightsabers and have different physics.

She's clearly skilled, but she's not up there with the likes of Maul, certainly not close to 19 BBY Mace/Dooku, and far below Yoda/prime Mace/ROTS Sidious/Outlander/Krayt/KFV.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its her magic and witchcraft that enabled her to hold her own against Mace etc.

I’d say she would lose to most Jedi Master.

She’s probably a high 6 or a low 7.

Nerise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can found out if she tries my light saber

Avatar image for deactivated-606f3a23660a8
deactivated-606f3a23660a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a lightsaber, she is probably below Dooku. With a weapon of her choosing (her sword) She is probably either a high 7 or low 8.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

She's literally featless lol. Probably tier 3.