Heading down to the Comic Shop soon. Any Suggestions?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

As anyone picked up the new comics that came in today? Which ones you think are worthy to pick up? Already have Deadpool #3, Hawkeye #5 and some other back issues including Aquaman #14, lol I know...It's hard to get to a comic shop nowadays! take it easy on me!! But what other comics should I look for? Avengers? Iron Man? Thunderbolts?!

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@ckuakini: Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Dial H, Guarding the Globe. :)

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By coolguyr99

The Legend of Luther Strode.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Icarusflies said:

Agreed, although it really depends on your taste of characters.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Raw_Material

@Icarusflies: Wish I would've picked up on Jeff Lemire's Animal Man sooner, then I wouldn't have to back-track on the character and story line. They're already 14-15 issues into the series, so i've decided jus to stay true to the titles I've been following since I got into comics, so far it's working out quite well! Aquaman and Green Lantern have some badass story arcs being told right now, especially when Death of a Family, He'l On Earth, it's so hard to get a chance to dig into the Rotworld Crossover. However, I've only been hearing good things about this story arc and might want to take that chance of digging into the two characters, even further. I mean, I've known Swamp Thing for a couple years now, but with Animal Man, being a new character in my eyes, it'll be more difficult to follow along.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By tomlikesfries

@ckuakini: The new 'Avengers' series by Hickman and Opeña is definitely worth checking out. There are also the All-New X-men, Detective Comics (#13 - #15), Thor: God of Thunder and Indestructible Hulk. Note: All of the series mentioned are fairly new.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SmashBrawler

Earth 2. This month's issue was good and we finally got to see what happened to Mr. Terrific.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raw_Material

@tomlikesfries: Are they making some sort of crossover for Detective Comics issues 13-15 , or is it just a badass story arc? Yeah, i've already got my eyes on Indestructible Hulk, but the second issue doesn't get released till the 19th. Avengers is one of the titles I'm definitely gonna be picking up, for sure. Is Thor really worth picking up? I've been only hearing good things about him, but his tone of voice, not sure but I'm not a huge fan. (Besides his role as an Avenger)

@SmashBrawler: Really want to look more into the Earth 2 title, but got caught up in other things. SO MUCH GOING ON IN THE WORLD OF COMICS! EMPTYING MY WALLET BEFORE THIS WEEK ENDS FOR SURE!!

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By tomlikesfries

@ckuakini: Detective Comics has gotten extremely better with the change of writers. I don't think there are any crossovers, but Death of the Family, which you can easily understand without reading any other books.

And as for Thor, I think his tone of voice only makes it better, but that's just my opinion. The plot is awesome and the art is flawless. Every issue we get a look at young, present and old Thor, who are fighting the God Butcher... who... uh... kills Gods. The villain is pretty badass :P

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmashBrawler

@ckuakini: I know what you mean. There's a lot of series out there that look very tempting (like All-New X-Men), but I'm buying too much damn stuff already.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By tupiaz

The first six or so issues of animal man are collected in a trade if you want to try it out.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raw_Material

Here's what I got from the Comic Shop, today. Spent a good hour searching for the issues I really needed to catch up on some of the titles of The New 52 series. But here it is, after an hour or so in the store I came out with these new comics.

No Caption Provided
  • Aquaman: The Trench Vol. 1
  • Justice League: Origins Vol. 1
  • Aquaman #0, #11-14
  • Green Lantern #0, #12-14
  • Green Lantern: War of the Green Lanterns Vol. 8
  • Green Lantern #67 - Conclusion of War of the Green Lanterns
  • Green Lanterns: New Guardians #0, #9-14
  • Avengers #1
  • Deadpool #3
jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jobbernos

@Icarusflies said: