http://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/433545

This is great. I can't remember being so hyped for a comic event

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm still interested in Doomsday Clock as its political commentary should be handled way better than how Marvel do it and seeing Rorschach alive in the preview pages was a major twist even if you could see it coming. But Johns was focused a lot in the panel in saying this was now a Watchmen sequel whereas before he had emphasised that Doomsday Clock was a major Superman story. That caused some gnawing doubt and scepticism to return in my feelings towards Doomsday.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:

I'm still interested in Doomsday Clock as its political commentary should be handled way better than how Marvel do it and seeing Rorschach alive in the preview pages was a major twist even if you could see it coming. But Johns was focused a lot in the panel in saying this was now a Watchmen sequel whereas before he had emphasised that Doomsday Clock was a major Superman story. That caused some gnawing doubt and scepticism to return in my feelings towards Doomsday.

Makes me wonder though if that's the original Rorschach or someone taking up his mantle, which would certainly fit with DC.

As for whether it's a Superman story or a Watchmen sequel (and technically speaking, it can easily be considered both), I'd wait until it comes out before judging it too much. Sometimes marketing is just marketing and is just there to say whatever might get the most people to check it out.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Very interesting. Granted I always felt like the ending in the movie made more sense than the comic book.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@aros001 said:
@lvenger said:

Makes me wonder though if that's the original Rorschach or someone taking up his mantle, which would certainly fit with DC.

As for whether it's a Superman story or a Watchmen sequel (and technically speaking, it can easily be considered both), I'd wait until it comes out before judging it too much. Sometimes marketing is just marketing and is just there to say whatever might get the most people to check it out.

That's a definite possibility I could see happening here, would be a callback to Rorschach's face reveal in the original Watchmen that he was the "The End is Nigh" guy under the reader's nose. Who the new Rorschach could be would be a difficult deduction to predict though.

Eh maybe you're right but it's a little worrying to see more of the focus on Watchmen here when people do want to see the DC characters interact with them too.

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Thesenate

OT: Whenever I think about the Watchmen related events in the current DCU, I always envision Alan Moore feeling a great disturbance in the force in reaction to them.