Did Batfleck Deserve His Own Standalone Batman Movie?

JohnnyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Did Batfleck Deserve His Own Standalone Batman Movie? (62 votes)

yes 73%
no 27%

I wish he got his own solo movie

I actually really liked his interpretation of Batman. Visually speaking, he was the most comic-accurate Batman and I liked little things about Batman, like the fact he used a voice changer to differentiate his Batman voice from his Bruce Wayne voice. Like in comparison to Bale's Bat voice was very cringey in comparison. Batman using a voice changer just made sense.

• 
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

Not really. Pattinson's Batman was far more accurate, better acted, more interesting and had more substance. We don't need two separate solo Batman movies taking place in different continuinities. From what I recall of his supposed script, it involved killing Alfred and Gordon, which sounds terrible.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#2  Edited By AssertingValor

The Afleck Batman was stated to be a tribute to the bulky version of the character from comics, a stand alone would have worked but Ben is getting older and Robert is younger and a better fit for a new Film showing Batman's character growth. Still need to see the film..

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

He was pretty messed up by the BvS plot as well as Whedon's direction in JL, so yes I wish he had a standalone movie. Might be more fair to judge him against other Batmen in a way.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would’ve been down for him getting his on standalone, and as highly unlikely it is, I still am in the off chance it’d were to ever happen. It sounded like Affleck had some cool stuff with Deathstroke planned. They would’ve had my ticket just off of seeing Batman vs Deathstroke alone, and if the content was anything the level of The Town or Gone Baby Gone we could’ve been in for something pretty special. Unfortunately seems like we’ll never know. But if you asked me 25yrs ago if we’d ever see Keaton return as The Dark Knight, I would’ve probably laughed in your face, so stranger things have and do happen.

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he's the best Batman imo,

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By g2_

Yeah, but it's too late for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-629d3023b5b49
deactivated-629d3023b5b49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't look forward to that. But if Harley Quinn got her own movie, then sure why not?

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He was my least favorite Batman, didn't feel right at all. I'd rather spend less time on him and more time on a better Batman like Pattinson

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Batflefk did really well meshing the Bruce Wayne and Batman character together. Being quick on his feet even without suit. Basically a billionaire playboy that also has a thing for fights. Seeing him judge a fight between two street brawlers and giving the eventual winner advice to win. I would enjoy more of this and his encounters with BVS/JL version of Gotham City. They also could’ve tapped into Jason Todd roots and how Jared Leto Joker killed him. Eventually reviving the character with Red Hood. Which would mesh well with a older Bruce / Batman like Batfleck, who had multiple regrets and control issues thinking he can take care of things himself till he meets / befriends Superman. I would’ve liked to see this arrogant batman before Superman introduction to verse. A man of steel prequel involving Batfleck would be great.

Avatar image for deactivated-646cd28ea8a23
deactivated-646cd28ea8a23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he definitely deserved one but having now reeves' vision i wouldn't change it for his, both is the best of both worlds

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfleck is the coolest

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly yes, as much as I like the new Batman movie, I'm still curious how Batfleck's movie would turn out.

PaleBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why not?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis

This very question reinforces the Snyder cult victim hood narrative. Ben Affleck walked away from the project of his own volition. He didn't want to do it period. So the answer is a resounding NO!

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: that's not true. He didn't walk away from making a movie, he walked away from a production hell.

There is a huge difference.

Its like dumping an abusive boyfriend, sure, you are the ine whi broke it off, but it's his fault.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Affleck dont want to do Batman. Leave him alone

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: I don't care what his excuse was. He walked away from the movie.

Your analogy falls flat. Matt Reeves is doing fine with the "abusive" boy friend. Affleck's problem was that he bit off more than he could chew.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: no, this is a whole new production. WB was causing Affleck a ton of issues because he was connected to the DCEU. Matt doesn't have that problem so he could make his own movie.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: A bad workman quarrels with his tools.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn’t be against it, Ben Affleck was visually the best Batman IMO.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about deserve since the characterization for Batman wasn't very good in BvS, but I really wanted to see the Ben Affleck directed solo movie.

If it was announced, it would be my most anticipated movie.

TAME_WZRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think he did yeah but Warner Bros and Ben are done with each other. It would've been great if they made a standalone Batfleck movie instead of Wonder Woman 1984 or Birds of Prey which were both very mediocre.

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: that's not true. He didn't walk away from making a movie, he walked away from a production hell.

There is a huge difference.

Its like dumping an abusive boyfriend, sure, you are the ine whi broke it off, but it's his fault.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly yes, as much as I like the new Batman movie, I'm still curious how Batfleck's movie would turn out.

Avatar image for deactivated-643c2f997f774
deactivated-643c2f997f774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Todd character needed to be elaborated on more I would’ve loved to see a red hood against Batfleck. Or a flashback movie to get the viewer to understand why the Batman in Synder verse is the way he is now.