Dealing With Comic Reviews and the Week to Week

jonny126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jonny126

Hey guys. So I have an issue that has been bugging me ever since I got back into the world of comics. Basically, I love comics (obviously), and I buy a lot of comics. Here's my problem though, I don't know how to really utilize reviews--like the ones here at Comic Vine--for week to week purchasing stuff.

For instance, let's say I'm reading Action Comics or Superior Spider-Man. I've been buying them weekly because they've been consistently good. There comes a point though where there's a "bad" issue, one that scores low/mediocrely and is generally not as well received. Do you skip these issues? That seems like the right thing to do, but how do you catch up, unless it's a standalone you end up missing development and story. Is a plot summary sufficient enough? I've spent way too much money over the past few years because I try to keep up with some series every week, even though there are issues that are passable.

So I guess, TL;DR, do you guys skip issues of comics that aren't as good? And if so, how do you deal with missing a chunk of story stuff? Thanks!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

I pay no mind to the reviews. You like what you like. It's just one person's opinion.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

No, I will always get all the issues regardless of whether one is worse than usual. Partly because of story and partly because of my collection.