Could any MCU character defeat General Doomsday?

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wakanda4eva
"I was born to be a warrior, Thanos. Trained my entire life to master my senses? Where did you train, on a farm?!"

If Zod's consciousness were to take control over Doomsday like Professor Hulk, would any character be able to stop him? Regular Doomsday is already an overwhelming force of destruction who could destroy a majority of the MCU, but takeaway his mindless brute ways and replace them with intelligence of a great tactical general, he just seems unstoppable to me? For instance Doomsday can obviously fly but he sure as hell just could not figure it out and would take massive "moon jumps", Zod on the other hand is an ace. He also never exploited his speed something Zod would do, Doomsday only accelerated when he bullrushed. Bottom line is who do you think could actually stop him? Prime Thor? Captain Marvel? Power Stone Thanos? Wandaaa?

No Hax Characters:

• Infinity Gauntlet Thanos with all stones, more than 1 stone but absolutely NO REALITY STONE
  • Dormammu
Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graviton by throwing him into space.

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graviton by throwing him into space.

I don't even know who that is but that is obviously not going to work even if BFR was a defeat.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Hajduk  Online

Professor Hulk would defeat him if he achieved his true potential.

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wakanda4eva

@the_hajduk said:

Professor Hulk would defeat him if he achieved his true potential.

I'm sorry but no, like a hell no you didn't even say Hulk you said green Bruce. Hulk isn't even a high tier in MCU. He's just a very problematic mid tier to engage in H2H because of his damage soak, Ragnarok made that very clear and so did AoU and Avengers and his very first movie... The one thing he's good at is completely overshadowed by Doomsday's physicals alone.

He tries to fight General Doomsday and it's a repeat of what Thanos did to Hulk only much worse. What makes you even think Bruce Banner of all people can fight? Like atleast Hulk was a skilled windmiller and picked up more skill on Sakaar that fit his style, learning how to suplex people now but Professor Hulk is wimpy pacifist Bruce's consciousness, he'd probably die in a pillow fight with a 12 year old.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joker567892
The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Hajduk  Online

@wakanda4eva: I don’t understand the myth that Bruce is bad. The directors stated that his arc in IW was solving his problem without the Hulk, and he was ultimately successful when he defeated Cull Obsidian. Cull Obsidian was a physically equal and far more skilled warrior. Bruce outsmarted and defeated him.

The Incredible Hulk showed massive skill and intuitive fight thinking on Hulk’s part. He gained the upper hand on Abomination by using a police cruisers as boxing gloves. He used the move where he breaks the ground underneath his enemy’s feet, and then capitalized on that moment by putting Abomination in a rear naked choke and sleeping him with the chain. He used the thunder clap.

People put characters in these one dimensional boxes that are either “skilled” or “brute” and Hulk falls under the latter. But that is disingenuous to the Hulk’s intention as a character. He is the biggest gun The Avengers have in CQC because he is a savage beast who is relentless and filled with rage. Rage is one of the biggest edges you can have in a fight. The Hulk’s rage is superhuman and beyond anyone else.

Just compare the way Hulk fights to the way someone like Kurse fights. That is a brute if I ever saw one. Lumbering, mindless, definitely fast but still predictable. The Hulk is none of those things.

Professor Hulk at his full potential would be perfect harmony with Hulk’s rage and Bruce’s brain.

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wakanda4eva: He can still crush him...

Based on what? I doubt this obvious low budget tv character is doing anything that could even tickle Doomsday.

@wakanda4eva: I don’t understand the myth that Bruce is bad. The directors stated that his arc in IW was solving his problem without the Hulk, and he was ultimately successful when he defeated Cull Obsidian. Cull Obsidian was a physically equal and far more skilled warrior. Bruce outsmarted and defeated him.

The Incredible Hulk showed massive skill and intuitive fight thinking on Hulk’s part. He gained the upper hand on Abomination by using a police cruisers as boxing gloves. He used the move where he breaks the ground underneath his enemy’s feet, and then capitalized on that moment by putting Abomination in a rear naked choke and sleeping him with the chain. He used the thunder clap.

People put characters in these one dimensional boxes that are either “skilled” or “brute” and Hulk falls under the latter. But that is disingenuous to the Hulk’s intention as a character. He is the biggest gun The Avengers have in CQC because he is a savage beast who is relentless and filled with rage. Rage is one of the biggest edges you can have in a fight. The Hulk’s rage is superhuman and beyond anyone else.

Just compare the way Hulk fights to the way someone like Kurse fights. That is a brute if I ever saw one. Lumbering, mindless, definitely fast but still predictable. The Hulk is none of those things.

Professor Hulk at his full potential would be perfect harmony with Hulk’s rage and Bruce’s brain.

What? It's mere truth. Him getting lucky inside an Iron Man suit is not smarts, it's him exploiting tech by making Cull strike into the glove then sending him flying, none of that took 7 of his useless PHD's. Don't know why you even bothered to bring this up because what does this prove about Bruce's ability to fight H2H? Nothing. He will be in Hulk's body and will not be able to wield it properly, it's a wonder why all the Hulk fanboys were even mad about him not getting fight scenes, he obviously can't to begin with. Cap with Mjolnir would lol curbstomp him, me with Mjolnir would curbstomp him.

Aaaand all of that was retconned and never seen again but let me just entertain your argument with the simple fact of this being a fight between Zod and Bruce Banner. You literally said Professor Hulk could beat General Doomsday, the Hulk incarnation from that film even if it wasn't retconned is NOT Professor Hulk, who is Bruce Banner controlling Hulk's body. Also in what dimension do you think car boxing gloves would harm Doomsday? Or that broken ground can stagger someone who shakes entire city blocks and can fly anyway? That pathetic thunder clap he's done once and can't anymore? Kryptonians merely punching cause massive shockwaves >>> a thunderclap that barely put out a fire.

Hulk is a brute why are you arguing about it? Rage is no beneficial factor in a fight unless it makes you stronger, Hulk can't even capitalize on that since he barely, barely gets an amp from his anger if any at all and he has no skill to apply it, a troop of Chitauri firing at him left him injured, enraged Hulk couldn't even K.O Thor at his weakest after 10 direct hits. Hulk was never a big gun, just a big dog the Avengers let play with fodder while the real heavy hitters did the job.

Kurse is a brute yep. But atleast he's a competent brute that poses a definite threat unlike Hulk who let mere super soldiers dance around him according to your Incredible Hulk version that you praise so much. Hulk got turned into a chew toy by Fenris lol.

Bruce's brain adds nothing to a fight, what's he gonna do, work out the best possible geometric formula to strike his opponent in the angle that hurts most when he can't even throw a proper punch to begin with? Talk them to death about nuclear physics? Banner can get mad amd throw all the benches into a lake that he'd like, still won't change anything for him, that rage over Black Widow's death couldn't even let him endure a nano second of putting on the gauntlet before he started crying from something that's "mostly gamma".

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joker567892

@wakanda4eva: being low budget means little, CW Flash is capable of beating DCEU Superman but the budget for the CW shows is minuscule in comparison to the DCEU films.

Graviton is capable of lifting multi thousand ton ships with ease using his powers, he got hit by a blast that sent him to space in a few seconds(He was also breaking the sound barrier at the same time) yet his body showed no damage what so ever, he has a gravity shield capable of stopping bullets and speedsters, and Future Graviton(With the powers of absorbing man and Daisy) destroyed Earth.

Graviton>DCEU Doomsday.

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wakanda4eva

@joker567892: Kryptonian Heatray that's hypersonic+>>>>>>bullet

Graviton dies and he has no counter to it. Assuming everything you said is true the guy still gets obliterated before he can move a muscle. Doomsday stomps him, he's planet level as well.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the Ancient One. She just has to hope she does not get heat visioned.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doctor Strange puts him in the Mirror Dimension.

Anyone else dies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wakanda4eva said:

Cyborg and Diana are hypersonic, then? Lmao.

Graviton dies and he has no counter to it. Assuming everything you said is true the guy still gets obliterated before he can move a muscle. Doomsday stomps him

Gravity manip?

,he's planet level as well.

No Caption Provided

Also for debating in your own thread. Zod doesn't even have training with this body. The last DD Krypton had was gone long before Zod was born.

OT:

Pre-IW Thanos and any stone besides Soul

IW Thor with SB and Mjolnir

Eson

Ego

Prime Surtur

Prime Odin

Graviton

Strange

Ancient One

Zod doesn't abuse speed, IIRC. This is just a DD that can fly.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Hulk is a mid tier physically in the MCU what is Thor?

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joker567892

@wakanda4eva: He can likely tank it, I'm pretty sure getting sent from earth to space at Mach speed would generate some sort of heat.

Also when was Doomsday Planet level and when was Heat Vision Hypersonic?

He has no feats putting him anywhere close to that.

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wakanda4eva

@rajjar said:
@wakanda4eva said:

Cyborg and Diana are hypersonic, then? Lmao.

Graviton dies and he has no counter to it. Assuming everything you said is true the guy still gets obliterated before he can move a muscle. Doomsday stomps him

Gravity manip?

,he's planet level as well.

No Caption Provided

Also for debating in your own thread. Zod doesn't even have training with this body. The last DD Krypton had was gone long before Zod was born.

OT:

Pre-IW Thanos and any stone besides Soul

IW Thor with SB and Mjolnir

Eson

Ego

Prime Surtur

Prime Odin

Graviton

Strange

Ancient One

Zod doesn't abuse speed, IIRC. This is just a DD that can fly.

Apparently so though I'm pretty sure it would be aim dodging.

Nope unless he's black hole level he isn't stopping something that's probably light speed and made of energy anyway lmao

Who cares It's not even a battle thread nor is there any violation in asking other peoples opinion not an answer, before today I didn't even know who Graviton was so yeah I'm disputing this. Please make sense before you post. Zod needs training in how to walk again or something? You make it seem like he will be piloting a mecha suit when Doomsday has a standard humanoid body, ZOD'S BODY. Try again.

Whatever at the list and lol at using featless people, I should just argue that too for example Surtur would get demolished he's too slow to react to any Kryptonian that knows how to fly.

Zod abuses speed. He accelerated bullrushed frequently, flew constantly in superspeed, punched l, everything... Zack Snyder confirmed parts of the Metropolis battle happened in superspeed but wasn't conventionally portrayed. He's obviously moving faster than Doomsday who only charged like a rampant bull at a target not even going full speed.

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wakanda4eva

@joker567892 said:

@wakanda4eva: He can likely tank it, I'm pretty sure getting sent from earth to space at Mach speed would generate some sort of heat.

Also when was Doomsday Planet level and when was Heat Vision Hypersonic?

He has no feats putting him anywhere close to that.

Nope.

It's common sense that it would be considering Krypyonians themselves can move at hypersonic speeds, why would a beam of energy they fire as projectiles move slower than they can? Be thankful I'm not proclaiming it's as fast as in the comic books, which is approaching lightspeed by the way(could be there now going off older comic, wait it is depending on how amped or nerf Superman gets), enough for Superman to tag Flash even when he is lagging a few feet behind him.

He has scaling off of Superman who moves tectonic plates, was said to be planet level, and pulled apart a mother box to prove it.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By alextheboss

Thanos with the power stone should be able to win. Maybe with the space stone, and should definitely be able to do it with both of them.

Prime Suture should be able to win. Ego as well if General Doomsday doesn't know where his brain is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos with the power stone should be able to win. Maybe with the space stone, and should definitely be able to do it with both of them.

Prime Suture should be able to win. Ego as well if General Doomsday doesn't know where his brain is.

The real question is, how do Ego's chances change when he is away from the planet? Because he loses his weakness, but he also loses the battleground manipulation.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wakanda4eva: Umm, what?

Just because they move at hypersonic speeds does not mean the beams they use move at that speed, that's just illogical, in fact it looks slow in multiple instances(Not just the Batman instance, but the instance with Cyborg as well).

The Tectonic Plate thing was off screen and makes no sense(he moved it to stop a earthquake, if he did this in real life, it would actually make things worse), the whole "Stronger then a planet" thing is just a statement.

Also Quantifiy seperating the mother boxes?

Wakanda4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892: There's no point in arguing with the lost but you are actually the first fool I've meet to believe that. Kryptonians moving hypersonic is fact, it applies to all aspects of them, laser vision, thinking, grow some more brain cells. Adding on to your point, characters slower than Kryptonians have also dodged their physical attacks, so are they all of a sudden not hypersonic anymore? Even Batman dodged Doomsday's energy and physical attacks? It's for the sake of plot. Tension. PIS. Whatever you want to call it. Still doesn't change the fact that their max speed is hypersonic regardless of inconsistencies/low showings and you'd have to quite frankly be slow to believe their heat vision is slower than them. Even Wonder Woman is super sonic level yet Steppenwolf clowned her when he has no superspeed at all, I'd say her energy attacks are super sonic too but you would go "NUH UH"

Still doesn't at change the fact that it's true unless you can prove otherwise instead of pointless head canon about what you chose to accept. Also L for trying to apply realism in a fictional world of superheroes, people like you are aggravating. Dude's literally an alien who can fly but somehow him stopping an earthquake bothers you the most. Superman also carries buildings whole without the foundation and structure falling apart, so what will you say about that?

Quantify it? It was said to require planet level strength did you forget what I wrote?

Graviton gets crushed. Nam-Ek can solo him by throwing a brick, he won't even perceive it coming before it decapitates him.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur

Hela

Strange maybe

Thanos with a stone

Carol and Thor would just amp him. I can't think of anyone else that would beat him.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wakanda4eva: First off, again we have seen it go incredibly slow before, it's like me claiming since Thor can control lighting he can move at Hypersonic Speeds.

Second, I said it would make zero sense if he moved the tectonic plate to stop a earthquake because it would cause more damage than it would fix things.

Thirdly, again Quantifiy it, is it planet level because it can reshape planets?

Fourth and finally, if Nam-Ek threw a brick at hypersonic speed, not only would the brick disintegrate but it likely wouldn't do jackshit to Graviton who once again had no battle damage when he got sent from Earth to space in seconds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao no way

BT006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By Shinne

No one is beating him without hax.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

No one is beating him without hax.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol MCU Hulk is not a mid tier bloody hell, people do one extreme to the next who cares about context of fights right?

Regarding the OT - with that kind of power and Zods awareness we’re still talking a top level hero team / hax or magic users / team with weaponry that can kill / power stones etc etc.

He would be rather OP.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Doomsday with Zods intelligence kills everyone. Doc strange might be able to hold him back with the mirror dimension or some doohickey. But all in all it’s a pretty embarrassing stomp.

And before anyone tries to target me about bias or being a “new member” or a noob, this is my 6th year on comic vine, I was around when all the masters and OGs debated. And now I’m back, merely just making a return

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela

Captain Marvel

Thor

Scarlet witch

GeraltsOpinion