Contradictions in Comics.......

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By velle37

I find it interesting that the member of the Bat-Family who is the most "devout" and openly christian, is also the most vengeful, violent, and ready to kill........ 

Huntress...... 

I find it interesting that the member of the GL corps with the least personality is being inducted into almost every part of the emotional spectrum via power rings... 

Hal.......  

(no offense to either, both are cool characters)

Name some things you find to be contradictory in comics...................

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

I find it contradictory that, for most of his existence, the Black Panther has been the Monarch of Wakanda ("one of the most advanced countries" in the world) and it's chief diplomat, chief intelligence official, chief military strategist and leader of the same, chief scientist of Wakanda, national champion, guardian and superhero, Avenger and international superhero and more recently husband to Storm and street-level superhero based in NYC.   

We, as readers, are to believe he sucessfully wears all of these hats at once:  king, diplomat, spy, general, scientist, national icon and guardian, superhero, Avenger and husband.  C'mon.  It's too much for any character, but he almost always pulls it off.  

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By PumpkinBomb

Black Panther is the Marty Stu of Marty Stus.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By velle37
@PowerHerc said:
"I find it contradictory that, for most of his existence, the Black Panther has been the Monarch of Wakanda ("one of the most advanced countries" in the world) and it's chief diplomat, chief intelligence official, chief military strategist and leader of the same, chief scientist of Wakanda, national champion, guardian and superhero, Avenger and international superhero and more recently husband to Storm and street-level superhero based in NYC.    We, as readers, are to believe he sucessfully wears all of these hats at once:  king, diplomat, spy, general, scientist, national icon and guardian, superhero, Avenger and husband.  C'mon.  It's too much for any character, but he almost always pulls it off.   "

Lol, i don't see that as contradictory....... 

That's just amazing........
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By velle37

*bumps into thread*
Avatar image for theworldbreaker
Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Theworldbreaker

(going back to 1984 here) Eternity usaly takes action when someone is going to destroy his Universe but when Unicron was going to destroy the universe eternity dident show up. 
Or when unicron was just about to destroy the TF Multiverse (which at the time was the same multiverse as the marvel multiverse) and LT dident do shit when he's sopose to act when ever a cosmic crime is being commited or just seconds away from being commited.

Dr_Columbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dr_Columbo

My favorite contradiction is the fact a in a solo comic a hero like Batman can defeat Solomom Grundy alone. But in a team comic such as JLA it takes the whole team to take him down.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By velle37
@Dr_Columbo said:
"My favorite contradiction is the fact a in a solo comic a hero like Batman can defeat Solomom Grundy alone. But in a team comic such as JLA it takes the whole team to take him down. "

Lol, Bats has beaten Grundy into unconciousness multiple times. 

GA even did it at least once.
Dr_Columbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dr_Columbo
@velle37 said:
" @Dr_Columbo said:
"My favorite contradiction is the fact a in a solo comic a hero like Batman can defeat Solomom Grundy alone. But in a team comic such as JLA it takes the whole team to take him down. "
Lol, Bats has beaten Grundy into unconciousness multiple times.  GA even did it at least once. "
Your kidding me DC let Green Arrow (Even though i love him) Knock Grundy out. When?
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@Dr_Columbo: He choked him out with his bow
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By velle37
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @Dr_Columbo: He choked him out with his bow "

@Dr_Columbo  

Yea, GA was explaining the ridiculous amount of tensile strength in his bow, and choked Grundy out. it was in Archer's Quest i think.
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@Dr_Columbo said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Dr_Columbo said:
Lol, Bats has beaten Grundy into unconciousness multiple times.  GA even did it at least once. "
Your kidding me DC let Green Arrow (Even though i love him) Knock Grundy out. When? "
That's not much of a contradiction, as it's part of Grundy's nature to have his physical strength change each time he returns to life.  Grundy is the perfect foil for all manner of characters, simply because they can say that he died prior to meeting the hero or heroes, hence the strength increase/decrease for the story. 
darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By darkcloakx

batman is the mary stu of comicbook heroes not black panther. batman 127 fighting styles  has a duel idenitity and a split personality  and never lose a fight can take out everyone in th jlu and all the women loved him but he never married but has a kid  by sperm fertliziation.  
batman sucks he should have stayed dead. way too overposed anyway he's the top dog.  

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By velle37
@darkcloakx said:
"batman is the mary stu of comicbook heroes not black panther. batman 127 fighting styles  has a duel idenitity and a split personality  and never lose a fight can take out everyone in th jlu and all the women loved him but he never married but has a kid  by sperm fertliziation.  batman sucks he should have stayed dead. way too overposed anyway he's the top dog.   "

I do agree that Batman is more of a Marty Stu than BP...............
girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By girth

Wolverine is a big contradiction. He is on so many teams and in so many places.

• Avengers
  • X-men
  • X-force  
  • New Avengers
  • Solo
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Theworldbreaker

Oh and, Steve rogers punching the green scar hulk across the face and made him spit blood when it takes other 100tonners to do that to the Green scar persona