CCC: Espers

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

So in order to make up for lack of involvement in the project (as of late, anyways), I took the liberty of designing the format for which Esper powers are based off of.

Origin of Powers:

Aether is the mystical, cosmic force through which all phenomena (whether they are physical, psychic, or spiritual in nature) exist and function. It is made of three distinct aspects, or “wavelengths”:

1. The Red Stream – The Red Stream is the aspect of aether that functions as the fundamental nature behind the physical universe. It is the purest form of energy, from which all matter, energy, and space-time is derived and sustained. The Red Stream is also the universal force of life and evolution, on a macroscopic and microscopic scale: on a cosmic scale, it allows for matter and energy to interact and structures itself so things like galaxies can form, and on a much smaller level, it allows for life forms to exist and evolve on various worlds.

2. The Green Stream – The Green Stream is the aspect of aether which shapes, and was also born from, the collective consciousness of all life in every possible universe. The Green Stream is pure, infinite psychic power; the force of imagination, thoughts/dreams, and that which does not exist. It is subversive to reality and is ultimately the medium through which the impossible can be realized.

3. The Blue Stream – The Blue Stream is the aspect of aether that is the underlying principle behind the spiritual power within souls. The Blue Stream exists on a plane of being beyond the mind or body, and the way it acts is inexplicable and ever-changing; however, it seems to be tied to the concept of "fate".

Espers are beings who are able to tap into aether, and shape its power to virtually any effect they desire, a phenomenon historically called magic. Espers are able to channel and manipulate aether from the environment through their auras, metaphysical energy fields which extend from the Esper.

Each Esper has an affinity for one of the three aspects of aether, meaning their auras are specialized for absorbing one particular wavelength of aether. Espers whose auras channel the Red Flow are called Red Espers; those who have an affinity for the Green Flow are called Green Espers, and those who have and those who have an affinity for the Blue Flow are called Blue Espers.

Some Espers are able to tap into two or all three wavelengths of aether, create hybrid wavelengths, and some may be able to tap into a fourth wavelength.

Classification of Powers

Esper powers vary depending on the individual and what type they are. Generally speaking, however, they all fall under two categories:

1. Passive Abilities: These are powers that all Espers of the same type have the potential to use. For example, all Green Espers have the potential to use an array of psychic powers like telekinesis, telepathy and mind control, astral projection/avatar creation, psychometry, precognition, intangibility, teleportation, ect. Similarly, all Red Espers have access to the same set of "passive" abilities - superhuman physicals (strength, speed, durability, ect.), flight, matter and energy manipulation, life creation, transmutation, space-time manipulation (can be used for teleportation and other things), adaptation, ect.
  2. Talents: An Esper's "talent" is their defining feature, the unique power/set of powers that sets them apart from other Espers. While all Espers have a talent, only a few are able to unlock it and master it. An Esper's talent is usually related to their aether affinity in someway; this means that a Red Esper's talent will be physical in nature, a Green Esper's talent will be psychic-based, ect.

Again, this is a basic overview of how powers work in the CCC universe. Upon reading this, make your Esper characters to this format and edit already made ones so they fit this format.

Tags:

@hulkage@dbvse7@primez0ne@citizensentry@theblondegod@jacthripper@mandarinestro@primebonnick@vivide@vinomonster@gizmorino@killerwasp@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk@stormshadow_x@metaljimmor@dygoboy@masterofevil@speedster101@boschepg@lordmulla@hopeonfire@princearagorn1

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@etheral_dreams: It is a good thing I have like one Esper character.

Are you going to do the same for nether?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I haven't really thought of a system for Old Ones yet.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be a drag XDD.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DBVSE7

Nether shouldn't have an "order" to it since it's the opposite of Aether. js.

I do love the Nen simularities going on here @Etheral_Dreams:

Also, should we put the edited versions here? I just think that would be better since this thread is about the Espers.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne said:

No. I haven't really thought of a system for Old Ones yet.

@dbvse7 said:

OK then I'll continue doing what I want with it.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I should do more to help. Any thoughts from anyone?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

I do love the Nen simularities going on here @Etheral_Dreams:

Also, should we put the edited versions here? I just think that would be better since this thread is about the Espers.

Yeah, go ahead.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should do more to help. Any thoughts from anyone?

You could help with world building.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Interesting........... Not bad *claps* Not bad.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DBVSE7
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• Name: Alexis Van Cain.

• Race: Russian-American.

• Physical appearance: Alexis is Tall (5'11) Caucasian female. She is toned with a small curvy figure. Blond hair light brown eyes, and full lips.

Talent: Ley-Line Orchestra: Ley Lines are the conduits of mystical (Cosmic to Spiritual) energy that surround a planet. Alexis is able to enter an "Avatar state" state which gives her the ability to bend these forces of the world to her whim. Ley-lines can be associated with locations as well.

Similar to Alexis threads, only those who posses this ability can see and use Ley-lines. They are pure white threads that are attached to every single living being on or that enters the planet and can instantly attack when attached. Being in absolute control of these threads gives her 2 main traits with their separate abilities that follow to add on to her current. The only abilities she can use with this form are her Psionic's and Aether.With this power at her disposal she becomes the embodiment of -

• Life.

• Force:

Becoming immune to them as well. With these links she can locate anyone on the planet. She is also able to fuse her abilities, expand the conduit and increase the number of Ley lines.

• Protagonist.

• Morals: She does what needs to be done in any situation.

• Powers: Alexis uses a High-Tech Exoskeleton Aether&Mind powered suit. Built from Aether Tech and the great mind of Alexis this suit was made for combat and security.

• Classification: Green.

- Power Set.

• Adoptive Muscle Memory.

• Atmospheric Adaptation.

• Data Manipulation.

• Computer interfacing.

• Digital Vision.

• Electronic Communication/• Technopathic Perception.

• Enhanced Agility-Combat-Durability-Strength-Speed.

• Auto-Shields (accessed through thought)

• Projection Display.

• Unlimited Energy Source (Alexis Willpower.

• Phone Signal Transmission.

• Thermal Adaptation (Sun Surface

• Cybernetic Corruption.

• Techno-Organic Corrosion.

• Technological Combat.

• Tactical Analysis.

• Intuitive Aptitude.

• Observational Replication.

• Aether Manipulation Class 7.

• Psionic Manipulation Class 5.

- Alexis is capable of using mental links and creating a vast variety of constructs from what it is to its size using her Aether cosmic energy. She is also capable of hiding her Aura.

- Alexis can create a Aether field on the atomic level and only visible to her as a detection system or something like a spider web. If someone enters that field she will know immediately (sentient or not). This helps Alexis read movements while in the field.

- She can use her Aether energy through the suit as threads to attach hers to others who use Aether or Nether to control them like puppets or access thoughts by transferring her conscious through her energy thanks to her helmet.

• Background: Alexis was born with heightened with Photographic reflexes, Procedural and Muscle Memory which makes her deadly in combat situations.

Alexis was part of the Van-Cain family. A wealthy family known or their studies of cosmic energy. They bought a facility for the one sole purpose to experiment with weapons and body armors that use cosmic energy as their power source.

Eventually they became targets of many organizations because their experiments were seen as WMDs. They knew they would die no matter what they chose to do, so they hid Alexis in a container that would put her in a state of suspended animation for years.

As years passed the container finally opened and Alexis came rolling out dizzy and confused. She recognized the place she was in, but it was destroyed.. filled with broken glass, rusted bullets, and damaged lab equipment everywhere.

As she was walking towards the exit, she felt lite headed.. over and over she would she would see stars, galaxies of different shapes, sizes and color. Then all of a sudden she heard a voice "Come young child" and all of a sudden she passed out completely then woke up in a place that resembled the cosmos.

She looked around in a amazement and was soon stopped by a strange being who called himself "Valtore."

She had asked him what she was doing their, and all he said was "to be my first child who awakens her true potential." He touched her forehead, and all she saw was a bright flash like she was in the middle of a Big Bang.. time and space looked as if they were intimate lovers the way each one held the other with such order, balance and perfection.

In that moment Alexis saw the beginning of everything in seconds as she was enlightened. After that she woke up, something was different about her.. but couldn't put her finger on it.

She felt taller, smarter, and more Woman like. She ignored it and tried to figure out what was really going on.

• Info/Others: Since her parents were professors she has easy access to information. Later on she grew in intelligence and bravery and soon created a suit to harness her powers. She is a tactician, and scientist, and a future professor at the AVD New Age Institute. Where those who wish to study and learn to use Aether can join. She's pretty much the mother and sister figure for all Espers.

@thevivas@primez0ne@gizmorino@etheral_dreams

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@primez0ne:

I'm staying away from tournaments for the time being.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

• Name: Marduk, but is simply known as the Shaman

• Race: Esper

• Physical appearance: Unnaturally tall (over 8 feet), muscular man with dark skin, long black and white hair (like Jio Freed's hair except in braids), and crimson eyes.

• Anti-hero

• Morals: Normally governed solely by a code of morality genetically engraved into his mind; however his personality changes with his powers (see below)

• Classification: Green Esper

Talent: Hosting archetypes.

Archetypes are entities that exist within humanity's collective unconscious. They are born from mankind's interpretations and ideas about various concepts, as well as the inherent desire for guidance/a higher power. Archetypes are what many mythological gods are based on, and they shape human perception of reality and life. There are archetypes of time, archetypes of death, archetypes of warriors, and countless other things.

Marduk is able to use green-wavelength aether to not only sense and perceive Archetypes, he can draw out these entities from the minds of individuals and manifest them into reality through his own body, acting as a medium, hence his nickname "the Shaman".

For example, if he summons an archetype of warriors and becomes its medium, he instantly gains all the qualities and abilities associated with the ideal warrior, such as: unstoppable strength, incredible speed, and total invulnerability. If he became the medium for an archetype of death, he gains powers associated with (a god of) death, like: inducing rot, causing disease, able to cause massive destruction, extreme violence, ect.

Passive Abilities:

Being a Green Esper, Marduk has certain psychic abilities besides his talent, including: telekinesis (at a subatomic level), telepathy, empathy, astral projection, avatar creation, teleportation, thought materialization, precognition, psychometry, clairvoyance, flight, and dozens more.

• Background: Marduk's past is a complete mystery, but it is known that at an early age he was "chosen" by the Zodiac, and raised to be a weapon against other Espers due to his extraordinary power. Before he developed mind control resistance, his natural mindset was erased and replaced by a code of "morals" that tell him what to do. At some unknown point, a malfunction in his moral code caused him to slaughter an entire legion of demons and escape. Now, he is trapped in a cycle of self-conflict between his natural state of being and his artificial morals, which he views as two different mindsets. The internal conflict is so great that not even his massive psychic powers can help him find peace; this causes him to be unstable, to say the least. Marduk spends most of his time isolated.

I'll add a pic later.

@thevivas@primez0ne@gizmorino@dbvse7

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@primez0ne: Haha. It might be a problem.

Here's how my character will kinda look like:

Similar to the 3rd Elder from Noblesse.
Similar to the 3rd Elder from Noblesse.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Interesting. So was the pigtails on purpose or is that a coincidence? Who created him?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Well, the braided hair is just because I like the style. If you're referring to the picture, the character is the 3rd Elder from a really cool supernatural/sci-fi/mystery/thriller web comic called Noblesse, which I highly reccomend.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Primez0ne
Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: I meant in multiverse who created Shaman?

I plan on having Marduk pre-date the Apocalypse, back during the 30th century. Humanity was trying to research the "ancient powers", what is traditionally known as magic, but is in reality Esper powers. Marduk was one of many orphaned children forced to undergo various experiments and trials in order to stimulate the emergence of supernatural powers, which the scientists could study. Eventually, the trials forced a reaction within him which activated Esper powers, a latent gene from an ancestor who was a shaman thousands of years ago. Without control of his new Esper powers, he escaped into the wilderness, and lived there until his early 20s. Upon his return to civilization, he learned that the universe itself was deteriorating, and humanity had been at war over dark matter, which many believed a substance that could preserve humanity. He tried to stop the wars, but he, along with any other reawakened Espers, became a target of mankind's new dark matter weapons. Eventually, he and other Espers were imprisoned within the Ragnarok Drive to act as a catalyst; their aether energies would cause an adverse reaction to the "type 2 dark matter" (what mankind called the nether they unknowingly used to create the weapon) causing it to detonate.

Following the explosion and the transformation of the Earth, Marduk was left in an over 700-year-long coma in which he aged backwards several years (a result of the nether he was exposed to) and lost his memory. During this time, small amounts nether had fused to him, causing him to develop extraordinarily powerful Esper powers. He wandered the new Earth, confused and hostile. The Zodiac learned of his existence and captured him, forcing him to yet again be a test subject, ultimately shaping him into a weapon.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Sounds good. When your not busy can you also sometime explain to me and others your thoughts on the first Esper war against the Zodiac that took place before the Watchers are formed and Freya the Esper Queen's involvement?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Sounds good. When your not busy can you also sometime explain to me and others your thoughts on the first Esper war against the Zodiac that took place before the Watchers are formed and Freya the Esper Queen's involvement?

Ok.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crap I got the talent thing messed up -.-.

*sigh* ~.~

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Crap I got the talent thing messed up -.-.

*sigh* ~.~

Just noticed. Not a big problem though, easily fixed.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not tagged again...that's cool... :(

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: that's kinda bad, @etheral_dreams: so do you leave the caelians to me? I should write them? And don't worry i already have a big plan for them that wil follow the story line.

And please PM the esper classification to me, my fone cannot open spoilers.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: see what? This stuff being produced?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DBVSE7
Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: well the only thing i can say for now is that they would be cool.

The interesting thing is i have a race similar to them in my personal work so working on them would be easy and somewhat difficult since i would differentiate them.

For now we all know they are the master of all techs, anything technological, digital and cybernetic, though not all.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: PM me and we can work on them together, I have a specific way their arc goes.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: PM me and we can work on them together, I have a specific way their arc goes.

Can I join in on this? I mostly just want to see what is discussed.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams said:

Can I join in on this? I mostly just want to see what is discussed.

Ok.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@etheral_dreams: Cool.. that a great idea. I'm looking forward on reading it.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just making sure you don't forget about this

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@primez0ne said:

Just making sure you don't forget about this

Got it.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Where did you want us putting the updated/edited versions of the Espers? I'm gonna try to bust a mission soon and go through and edit mine haha

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.