Better character: Luke Skywalker or Rocky Balboa?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ghostodoofus2  Online

Poll Better character: Luke Skywalker or Rocky Balboa? (38 votes)

Luke 21%
Rocky 79%

Two iconic characters of cinema, there was a time when I loved them both but after the horrific stain left on Luke's character by that bum Kathleen Kennedy, I'm voting Rocky all the way, at least he did not fall victim to a misandrist's ideals.

• 
Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

spite thread but rocky is better and always was

star wars is overrated as shit

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

UUTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UUTH

Rocky. Not close.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@xebec: It's so overrated because of the nostalgia factor, a lot of people cannot let go of their childhood.

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky be a wide margin.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 nassergrant19  Online

Luke

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky Balboa over Luke Skywalker. Rocky's character was enhanced beyond his own films with the Creed 1 and Creed 2 movies. Luke Skywalker was downgraded with the New Trilogy Star Wars movies honestly. This would be more interesting though if it's Luke Skywalker from Episodes 4 - 6 vs Rocky Balboa from Rocky 1 - Rocky 4.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nassergrant19  Online
@king_saturn said:

Rocky Balboa over Luke Skywalker. Rocky's character was enhanced beyond his own films with the Creed 1 and Creed 2 movies. Luke Skywalker was downgraded with the New Trilogy Star Wars movies honestly. This would be more interesting though if it's Luke Skywalker from Episodes 4 - 6 vs Rocky Balboa from Rocky 1 - Rocky 4.

I feel like this is just assumed. No one really considers Sequel “Jake Skywalker” the real Luke. Luke Skywalker from episode 4-BOBF>Rocky.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

I feel like this is just assumed. No one really considers Sequel “Jake Skywalker” the real Luke. Luke Skywalker from episode 4-BOBF>Rocky.

We technically that is supposedly Luke Skywalker in those New Sequels. I wish they did not Count but I can not unsee what I saw with them.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nassergrant19  Online

@nassergrant19 said:
@king_saturn said:

We technically that is supposedly Luke Skywalker in those New Sequels. I wish they did not Count but I can not unsee what I saw with them.

Yeah but no one really counts those for a legitimate look at his character. 99% of the time people look at Luke from episode 4 to BOBF. Any analysis of Sequel “Jake Skywalker” is just criticism of poor out of character writing. You probably wonder why I’m saying “Jake” and the reason I’m saying that is because the actor of Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill legit refers to his Sequel character as “Jake Skywalker” due to not being the Luke he originally plays.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Yeah but no one really counts those for a legitimate look at his character. 99% of the time people look at Luke from episode 4 to BOBF. Any analysis of Sequel “Jake Skywalker” is just criticism of poor out of character writing. You probably wonder why I’m saying “Jake” and the reason I’m saying that is because the actor of Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill legit refers to his Sequel character as “Jake Skywalker” due to not being the Luke he originally plays.

But it's still apart of Luke Skywalker's character arc even if it does not resemble what he was in Episodes 4-6. I would not discredit the Creed 1 and Creed 2 films if they made poor character decisions for Rocky Balboa so why discredit these other Movies for Luke Skywalker ? It's apart of his character arc until they make it either Non Canon and even then "I can not unsee what I have seen".

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nassergrant19  Online

@nassergrant19 said:
@king_saturn said:

But it's still apart of Luke Skywalker's character arc even if it does not resemble what he was in Episodes 4-6. I would not discredit the Creed 1 and Creed 2 films if they made poor character decisions for Rocky Balboa so why discredit these other Movies for Luke Skywalker ? It's apart of his character arc until they make it either Non Canon and even then "I can not unsee what I have seen".

Because the actor of Luke Skywalker legit makes it clear the character he plays in the sequels shouldn’t be thought of as the Luke we all know, but rather “Jake Skywalker”.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the actor of Luke Skywalker legit makes it clear the character he plays in the sequels shouldn’t be thought of as the Luke we all know, but rather “Jake Skywalker”.

The Last Jedi and The Rise Of Skywalker has him credited as Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamill himself did choose to play this version of Luke Skywalker so it's still just a bad version of the character. The OP makes no distinction about which versions of Luke Skywalker is used I did that myself and since these later Movies are supposedly Canon to Star Wars movies and we have seen them they must Count towards the question. The OP would have to be more specific for anything else to be considered but seeing the OP admits that Luke Skywalker's character was stained by Kathleen Kennedy even there my point stands.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skywalker

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky

I've voting because of the first movie, but this is a great scene from Rocky Balboa:

Loading Video...

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@infinitehope: This scene changed a lot of lives I'm sure, it encouraged many to keep fighting when they're feeling demoralized or unmotivated in life.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: Thanks for making this thread! Were you going for an underdog comparison? I didn't see Episode VII, but Luke still wouldn't be a top pick in that regard.

MrLibido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky

Hamidibib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'll lean towards Rocky

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Considering I live near Philly I have to go with Rocky.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nobody beats rocky man

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@infinitehope: All good man, I was kind of making an underdog comparison yes. Luke is a lot more popular amongst kids and I assume he's a more prominent figure in a lot of our nostalgic, childhood memories compared to Rocky who a lot of us likely did not appreciate as much until we were in our teens or older. I'm here to see how much nostalgia can influence our preference in character, I honestly do think Rocky is a greater character but I can also see many people's hearts saying Luke's better.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky easily

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are GOATs

zummi_gummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are goats, but i'm voting for the loan shark from philly

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Rocky is definitely the better acted and more complex character. The first Rocky film is also a masterpiece.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@xebec: It's so overrated because of the nostalgia factor, a lot of people cannot let go of their childhood.

Rocky 1 > any SW film.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@frozen: Yeah, Rocky is such an inspiration. I live by his "it ain't about how hard you can hit" quote.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky definetly.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Yeah, Rocky is such an inspiration. I live by his "it ain't about how hard you can hit" quote.

All of the Rocky films (except 5) are good, but the first one in particular is just such a great film. Very experimental and grounded filmmaking, heartfelt acting and poignant message.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@frozen: Yeah, 5 felt too forced. The first one had the most substance and was the most passionately made I feel, after II it got progressively more commercial.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: I think the first Rocky is better than any Star Wars movie, including Empire Strikes Back.

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@frozen said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

Rocky 1 > any SW film.

rocky 1 is a damn near masterpiece, amazing movie

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocky stomps the generic monomyth protagonist because that’s all luke is

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nassergrant19  Online

rocky stomps the generic monomyth protagonist because that’s all luke is

C’mon be foreal. Luke is probably one of the best written characters in fiction…