Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

I usually have a lot to say on the battles forum, probably too much. Not that it's a problem, for me, but I'm starting to feel some fatigue from it all. Not sure if anyone else feels that way lately, but whether its personal issues, scheduling, or general disinterest, seems like a lot of debaters are either jumping forums or taking breaks from the battles forum. It's never been a consistently healthy place and I'm sure everyone has their reasons for debating less there, taking a break always helps but I think its something worth talking about.

For me, its a lot of things ranging from personal problems to a lack of interest. It hasn't stopped me from going back, but it has impeded the drive to debate I used to have. Fighting losing battles, waiting for my phone to charge, researching comic issues, finding complete page scans from cut panels, constant headaches, having other things to do and not having enough to do has left me with a feeling of dissonance and mental drain. It does a number on the motivation to continue, that said, I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes through it. It comes with being a debater, these things happen. So, lets talk about it.

What about this site makes you feel like this...

No Caption Provided
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you don't have to get super personal about it, if it has do to with another user, try to keep it clean.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cocacolaman  Moderator

Mainly that as I get older, the less time, effort and appreciation I have to give for a lot of the ridiculous nonsense that comes from talking to people that haven't mentally matured. And it becomes more obvious how silly a lot of it is the further along you go, and when people take it too seriously in all the wrong ways, it doesn't offer a safe outlet to discuss like that.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Personally I feel like the comic side of the battle forums isn’t as interesting as it used to be. It’s nowhere near as often that I read/participate in an engaging debate where two people are really explaining their view points. It’s allot more “X wins” or “Y sucks” and I feel like people are less willing to really engage with each other in detail. Can’t speak for other mediums though.

I also took a bit of a break a while back and since I’ve been back it’s allot more common for people to just accept high ends/the most liberal interpretation of any possible feat, which can be pretty tiring to deal with.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eisenfauste

The main issue on the battle forum is always people ignoring context or source material. I haven't gotten tired of it yet but the comic debating scene is pretty poor. Manga and anime have taken over so debates devolve into "my character is MFTL uber hax and defeats your MFTL and uber hax character because scaling."

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cergic

I personally just commit to a few things:

Arguing against the most absurd claims and scaling in verses i genuinely like, read battles between less known high tier/cosmic characters and read/vote in CaVs.

I'm too lazy, uninterested and uncommited to do much more and frankly it doesn't give me any joy to spend time and effort besides that.

The time spent here should never bother but rather enrich or at least provide some casual fun .. but the casual fun abruptly ends the moment the bias and rudeness inevitably starts and you have to read it ..

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the same debates over and over again. Or people wanking either to troll or just because they're nuts. I'm in the Star Wars community mainly and it's gotten a little boring. All the high tiers now are like 2 tiers above everyone because of some comic scans. It's all "Post-hole Obi-Wan vs ____" or the same debates on Dooku, Maul, and Ahsoka over and over. Whether Vader was toying with someone or not. Never much new discussion tbh, and a severe lack of debate regarding mid or even low tier characters. High Republic is also throwing everything out of wack, with like 3-4 Jedi that are apparently Yoda tier.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of stopped engaging in the Battle part of this website a while ago. Mostly because I had no idea who most of the anime characters were, as well as people getting very personally offended