Are the Challenge A Viner and Tournament votes unfair?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By those_eyes

Some say its just more of a popularity contest and even if one does debate better the other that the more popular a poster is the more likely votes will go to his favor. Is it all politics or are the votes fair?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should have made this into a poll. Anyways, I do think they can be unfair at times.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should have made this into a poll. Anyways, I do think they can be unfair at times.

Ive never made a poll before. You are right i should have made it into one. Yae i feel that they are unfair majority of the time to be honest. Lukehero is one of the main cav and tournament makers that do make it fair though. He monitors them well and doesnt just let anyone vote all of the time.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Passerby fanboys do that oftenly but the Viners who particapate in these kind a stuff doesn't do that much(And there are those geniuses who votes before the debate starts)

Its Challange a Viner btw

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, they can be unfair, but it depends on the circumstances.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By those_eyes

Yes, they can be unfair, but it depends on the circumstances.

Eh! Looking at some viners who have a reputation for being very good in cav/tournaments and for being popular and well liked on the forum gets more votes on usual for those merits alone. I dont think circumstances come into play that much to be honest. Now ofcourse the actual debate cant be so one sided where one obviously debated better but when the debates are kinda close but still capable of deciding a winner the more popular poster gets more votes usually. What circumstances were you specifically talking about though?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Some people are biased, but most people generally vote for who they think did the better job.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Another thing: are you voting for who you think made a better argument or which character you think would win? Let's say that 2 people did a CaV of Batman vs Deathstroke in a random encounter. If you strongly favour Deathstroke before the match but afterwards think Batman has more of a chance (but still don't think he'd win) would you vote for the guy representing Batman or Deathstroke?

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

The circumstances I were referring to were the characters in a CaV/Tournament. People either vote for who they like, who they think would win, or who had a better argument.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

The circumstances I were referring to were the characters in a CaV/Tournament. People either vote for who they like, who they think would win, or who had a better argument.

oh ok. yae your right about that. Favoritism for the specific character comes into play.