Accept it 616 is long dead baby it's all Marvel Prime now!!!

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EarthsMightiest

“The Marvel Universe as you know it is done,” says Brevoort. “The Ultimate Universe is done.”

http://ew.com/article/2015/01/20/secret-wars-marvel-universe/

No Caption Provided

This doesn't seem to be an issue when it comes to the constant DC reboots, but I guess I'm confused why the Vine (doesn't seem an issue anywhere else) can't accept the fact that Secret Wars (2015) killed Marvel 616 and the rest of the Multiverse. It maybe that current Marvel Prime really is just 616 rebooted with some elements of the Ultimate and New Universe thrown in, but years later in the battle threads and other forums people still refer to current Marvel incorrectly as 616 not Prime? When Franklin and Reed Richards recreated their home Universe it was the first not the 616th.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but we see Franklin and Valeria traveling to other universes in Legacy

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_kingoflatveria: True, but that wasn't my point, which is that the current Marvel Universe we read in the comics was the first re-created by Franklin and Reed and is the Prime Marvel Universe not 616 which is gone destroyed in the Final Incursion.

Thanks for commenting!

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They're finally doing a 100% reboot?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the characters are exactly the same except ones that were explicitly changed like Doom and the Abstracts. The current multiverse is just a carbon copy of the old one for all intents and purposes.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where my #616 crew at?

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are going to do this, link to an article newer than 3 years ago....

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EarthsMightiest

@theonewhopullsthestrings said:

If you are going to do this, link to an article newer than 3 years ago....

I wrote it this morning because I saw three new threads referring to 616 characters. Three years ago wouldn't have made sense.

Thanks for commenting!

Edit: Sorry, on my phone and just re-read your comment, SW was three years ago, there are no newer articles because everyone but the Vine community has accepted the change from 616 to Prime.

Sorry for my confusing comment.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest:

It was only soft rebooted, and this article changes nothing, especially since this was so long ago, and where they went since. Even the marvel wikia I tend to use doesn't make much of a distinction here...

If you were trying to go for that they are planning for a hard reboot, my point was that it would be impossible to do so with a 3+ year old article.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhopullsthestrings:

That was not point of this thread, I never implied they were going for "another hard reboot" in my initial comments I clearly stated that there was little difference from 616 to Prime but that the Vine community was still incorrectly labeling current Marvel as 616 as Prime, a quirk that never seemed to trip folks up in creating DC battle threads.

Thanks

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 and Prime are the same thing. It was explained in Ultimates.

"the omniverse died, but everything in it continued to live on in a new omniverse. Same broom, different handle."

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The history is mostly the same, so there’s no need to call it Prime Earth.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

It's better this way. This unrecognizable abomination of now is preferable as a separate entity. Hickman granted 616 a coup de grace. And I indeed accept it.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

616 and Prime are the same thing. It was explained in Ultimates.

"the omniverse died, but everything in it continued to live on in a new omniverse. Same broom, different handle."

This

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Brevoort and Alonso can say what they want, the main Marvel Universe is still the 616 universe.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea said:

Agreed, nor should it be referenced as 616 since that is factual incorrect.

Thanks for chiming in fellows!

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Spider Gwen staying in an alternate universe? I don't read it, but that's what it seems like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You are a couple of years too late with this. And no, the 616 Universe and all the characters with their histories are completely intact. Especially since Reed restored it after Secret Wars.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

If my experience with Marvel taught me anything, it's to believe in the exact opposite to what Brevoort says. I mean really, the guy contradicts what was shown on panel all the time, yet he says that other writers make mistakes sometimes and that it is normal because they are human beings. And that the only thing that counts is what we see in the comic. The same guy who contradicts what we have seen on panel. This thing the OP posted actually gives me more reason to believe that Prime Marvel Universe is the same thing as Earth-616, just with way worse stories, bad interpretations of characters, more black teenage and female heroes and messes Power Hierarchy. Hell, every single character from All New All Different Marvel Universes referenced events in their life Pre-Secret Wars. Captain America was actually an old man at the start of All New All Different Marvel Universe, the same old man he was Pre-Secret Wars. Same old man he became few issues prior to Sam Wilson becoming Captain America, who is also Captain America during ANAD MU. Norman Osborn is depowered during Amazing Spider-man title, something that was established at the end of Superior Spiderman run. Again, Pre-Secret Wars, so Earth-616. The main villain of the new Ultimates title is the Maker, evil version of Reed Richards that existed in the original Ultimate Universe timeline. Same goes for Miles Morales. Again, Pre-Secret Wars.

I can go on and on, explaining how Brevoort's statement is false (so what else is new) and that the continuity is intact, but I'm preaching to the choir at this point, and this looks more like a internet fanboy post than a comment from reasonable user. Prime Marvel Universe = 616.

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8008 said:

All the characters are exactly the same except ones that were explicitly changed like Doom and the Abstracts. The current multiverse is just a carbon copy of the old one for all intents and purposes.

Actually that is not true. For example Thor turned worthy in New Avengers #32 when he fought against the Beyonders, yet in Aaron's post-Secret Wars Thor run this is entirely ignored, in fact all Thor's adventures during his time of unworthiness are said to not have happened by Jason Aaron as he claims Thor sat depressed on the moon for months after becoming unworthy and didnt leave.

Im fine with the idea that the 616 Universe ended in Secret Wars.

Well we know T'challa changed events with the time gem starting at the point where black swan showed up. So there are probably some subtle differences but for the most part 90% of marvels continuity is still in tact.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are a couple of years too late with this. And no, the 616 Universe and all the characters with their histories are completely intact. Especially since Reed restored it after Secret Wars.

Not really since people still refer to 616 as the current standing Marvel Universe (factual incorrect), sorry you missed the real point of my op. The 616 universe has been dead since Secret Wars #1 (2015), Yes, the 616 characters and their history were re-created into the current Marvel (Prime) universe with some elements of 1610 and the new Universe thrown (essentially the same as dead 616) with the exception of crew of the life boats (thanks for pointing that out btw).

My whole point of my OP was to point out that people no longer need to reference 616 in their battles or other threads and found it odd that three years later only the Vine community is still stuck on 616.

But I do appreciate your input, thanks!

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Oh, no it will be 616 soon enough or the potential new readers that read 616 is the main universe online could feel confused when they read their first comics. Yeah, its funny but the main reason to bring back the status quo back is for people that don't read marvel yet.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause it's way easier and doesn't make any noticeable difference