A Concise Opinion Regarding Amazing Spidey 2

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not going to broadcast, point for point, what I liked or disliked about the film. I'm giving you a fresh, honest look at the film and how I felt about it after leaving the theater. This isn't an all encompassing critique, just what comes to the forefront of my mind.

I'll start off by saying, this won't be the best CBM you've ever seen, nor the best Spidey film....but it teeters on being great ( although I can see why a younger audience may overlook certain shortcomings ). What really held it back weren't the subplots ( well..Peter and Gwen's exchanges are actually especially bad this time around, Garfield being the saving grace since he conveys his emotion so well ), they really pertain to the quality of the actors here, period. Absent Garfield himself, who I'll note looks WAY TOO DAMN OLD to be playing a teenager ( especially during well lit scenes ) this go around, and his Aunt, EVERYONE else fails to deliver convincing performances. Rare are the instances where I'm completely taken out of a films immersion due to lackluster, or seemingly forced performances, bad chemistry and trite dialogue and the film has this in abundance. Jamie Fox, unsurprisingly, makes for an interesting physical representation of Electro ( not at all to his credit, ofcourse, since it's all effects driven ) but tirelessly falls flat trying to establish the earnestness of his position ( being obsessive, insecure ). Fortunately his character is oft, almost exclusively post power inheritance, accompanied by an amazing score of music that's closely related to the nature of his being ( think, ELECTRIC and yea some wub wubs ). A redeeming feature indeed, but such paltry acting extends to other important characters such as Peter's father and mother who give cliched performances as caring parents torn from their son. You won't buy it and it detracts completely from the emotional merit of the film. This crap factor extends to Harry Osborn as well, but I'll rest here since it's getting long.

Crap acting aside, alot of the film was actually quite good. The pacing is staggered and a little misplaced, ping ponging between highs and lows, but when it delivers HOLY CRAP does it deliver ( but as much is to be said for the more confused sections of the film ). I'm especially appreciative of how well Spiderman's movements, and broader sense of awareness, are portrayed. Seeing him surf the skies abroad webbing, navigating and circumventing the rooftops of New York is pretty breathtaking. Furthermore there are no shortage of impressive savior feats in this film, suffice it to say he isn't just rescuing cats from tree's ( as Harry D*****it would have you believe ) and his concerns for public well being are flat out in character, and admirable. I'm going to rush to conclude now ( i may edit to include other sentiments tommorow, but I'm sure no one actually gives a **** so I'll retire here), because I'm tired and didn't really want to give a play by play (sorry). To sum up the other aspects of the film, let's just say it's equal parts amazing and unexceptional. The attitudes about there being too many villains are misplaced, and the film really sets up well for further releases, and overall I'd recommend you view it pretty much NOW...so go.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I've already seen it...and it is the best Spidey flick I've seen to date.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What comic movie actually has stellar acting? lol

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XxEdward_KenwayXx

I really liked this film, the highlight of the film is Gwen's death hands down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Dark Knight...Iron Man 1.. Watchmen..

Spider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spider-Man

The only good casting choice from any Spider-Man movie was the trilogies J Jonah Jameson. There are some nice visual effects in the movies fight scenes but none of the films are great.

I'd rank the films from best to worst Spider-Man 2, 1, Amazing 2, Spider-Man 3, Amazing 1.

oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: That's no counter argument, and I'd urge you to consider the many solid performances given in most every recent DC film as well as Xmen ( some ), Norton's Hulk, Iron Man etc.. It's only worth mentioning because characters so central to the story we're just represented so poorly. It's really the only unforgiving aspect, and as such alot of designations in the film are so paltry that they'r'e worth mentioning. I generally loved the film though. @the_stegman: I'm happy you feel that way, I'll say it had the potential to be ( for me ).

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

Dark Knight...Iron Man 1.. Watchmen..

Loading Video...

oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarthAznable

@oosupermanthathoeoo: It wasn't meant to be a counter argument bub. I haven't even seen the movie yet to have an opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@darthaznable: Of course it's my opinion, you asked and I gave it.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the only rotten spider man movie on rotten tomatoes. Some critics even call it the "Batman and Robin" of Spider-Man films.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachumonster: Dude critics can only be so credible. Especially when there are those who praise the movie. Movies are subjective. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. Judge for yourself.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: just putting it out there. It takes a lot of negativity to bring a movie down to rotten. A fun movie, with a charming cast in my opinion. Definitely more fun to watch than Spider-Man 3 of the last trilogy.

oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachumonster: Consider my simple interpretation. It's as good as it is bad, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't see it in theaters. Trust me, with a more structured script, and some recasting, the next film could best all other Spidey movies. Again though, hats off to Garfield who, on more than one occasion, earns my sympathies ( some pretty sad, yet entirely foreseen, events take place near the end...but you've probably already heard those spoilers XP )