Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

FROM COSMICBOOKNEWS.COM (no offense ComicVine)
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
From Cosmicbooknews.com
#1 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Really liking the art. And the fact that they have given Hal more interesting constructs. 
Before I would have expected to see a giant fist hit him.  
 
Thank you sir

#2 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
Really liking the art. And the fact that they have given Hal more interesting constructs. Before I would have expected to see a giant fist hit him. 

Yeah. I cant put my finger on it, but the constructs look really nice. I think its either the colors or the detail.
#3 Posted by daken_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool thanks for posting these ive never seen them the art is real good too 
#4 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Cosmic Book News, Ill write from Cosmicbooknews.com.
#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#6 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio

Who was the villain(?) Was it Crock? 

BB

#7 Posted by Jake Fury (18643 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

Who was the villain(?) Was it Crock? 

BB


sure looked like him didn't it?
#8 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
@Billy Batson said:

Who was the villain(?) Was it Crock? 

BB

sure looked like him didn't it?

I really doubt it. It doesnt look THAT much like him. Only in the one shot.  My guess is a Parademon. 
I dont like his look though.
#9 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

This just looks like crazy fun. Lee's art is as strong as ever. Thanks for posting this.
#10 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good. ^_^

#11 Edited by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Illustration looks like the perfect compliment to John's writing and I dig the direction. Should be a blast.

#12 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a fun read.

#13 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Batman as an urban legend, it been a while.

#14 Posted by Tuvokx (6 posts) - - Show Bio

registered just to say thanks! this new jla book is gonna be awesomnessss. thanks bro

#15 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tuvokx said:
registered just to say thanks! this new jla book is gonna be awesomnessss. thanks bro

Sure brah
#16 Posted by Legendary_Hellfire_Club (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing.

#18 Posted by keith71_98 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Freaking awesome!
#19 Posted by JediXMan (30630 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. Considering what GL is saying in that last panel, seems like it's a definite reboot.
 
Well that sucks.

Moderator
#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13175 posts) - - Show Bio

   Its All So Magical.............
#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks very good. Thanks for posting that.

#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
Hm. Considering what GL is saying in that last panel, seems like it's a definite reboot.  Well that sucks.
True. I was just hoping for a relaunch.
#23 Posted by VaizD (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
@JediXMan said:
Hm. Considering what GL is saying in that last panel, seems like it's a definite reboot.  Well that sucks.
True. I was just hoping for a relaunch.
The Five Years Ago caption should be noted. That said, I have to wonder how they plan to fit certain things into a five year span.
#24 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@VaizD: Good point. Didn't notice that.
#25 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
@JediXMan said:
Hm. Considering what GL is saying in that last panel, seems like it's a definite reboot.  Well that sucks.
True. I was just hoping for a relaunch.

It IS a relaunch. Or you could call it a "soft" reboot. There are concepts being rebooted and the DC is making the universe newer. Meaning that it was only five years ago that the age of the super hero started. Theyre retelling the Justice League origin. Notice the Sinestro isnt a Green Lantern here. Its because this and Action Comics are set five years prior to the present. DC is just tweaking things and fixing things to make for better stories.
#26 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: Hadn't notice the caption. I guess you have a point.
#27 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
The art looks awesome.
#28 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Legendary_Hellfire_Club said:

Gotta luv Jim Lee art
#29 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

Hm. Considering what GL is saying in that last panel, seems like it's a definite reboot.  Well that sucks.

And the whole thing just screams All-Star Batman #09.
 
Geoff Johns, you do not disappoint. Lame.
#30 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: Dang it, now I want to know how it turns out!  
(I will still miss the martian though!)
#31 Posted by Jake Fury (18643 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@JediXMan said:
Hm. Considering what GL is saying in that last panel, seems like it's a definite reboot.  Well that sucks.
And the whole thing just screams All-Star Batman #10.  Geoff Johns, you do not disappoint. Lame.

Fill me in. What happened in ASB #10?
#32 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:
Hm. Considering what GL is saying in that last panel, seems like it's a definite reboot.  Well that sucks.
And the whole thing just screams All-Star Batman #10.  Geoff Johns, you do not disappoint. Lame.
Fill me in. What happened in ASB #10?
Batman and Green Lantern meet. The conversation, positions and mannerisms are practically identical. If Batman calls Hal a moron in his head; it'll be the same damn script. It was ASB #09, sorry.
#33 Posted by Jake Fury (18643 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt
Yikes. Of all the things to emulate....Hopefully Hal won't resort to calling himself the god forsaken Green Lantern too.... 
 
Now that you mention it....maybe the reboot is bringing everything into the world of All-Star Batman...
#34 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

"5 years ago"? 
 
5 years? Wow. So how are they going to cram so much history--for the books that are keeping their history--into a 5-year span? I assume this means Dick's, Jason's, and Tim's careers as Robin and Babs' career as Batgirl all happened before the Justice League ever formed, when "nobody even knew what a superhero was"?

#35 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm....

Moderator
#36 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
"5 years ago"?  5 years? Wow. So how are they going to cram so much history--for the books that are keeping their history--into a 5-year span. I assume this means Dick's, Jason's, and Tim's careers as Robin and Babs' career as Batgirl all happened before the Justice League ever formed, when "nobody even knew what a superhero was"?

Yeah. They all happened before. And kept their super hero life secret. Well Tim could have been Robin during the Justice League and Damian a little after. Its pretty confusing. They were "Urban Legends" but not superheroes because they operated in the shadows.  
Do you know that 90% of crimes happen in the middle of the day? Im thinking Batman should switch to day mode.
#37 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
@Jake Fury said:
@Billy Batson said:

Who was the villain(?) Was it Crock? 

BB

sure looked like him didn't it?
I really doubt it. It doesnt look THAT much like him. Only in the one shot.  My guess is a Parademon. I dont like his look though.

hmmm ok. 

BB

#38 Posted by The Stegman (24428 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE A JLA MOVIE LIKE THIS?? IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!