Nightwing Reprints!

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For anyone not aware, because I wasn't until today, it looks like Nightwing's original series (He's had two) is going to be entirely reprinted, giving us all the chance to find and collect comics that currently go for quite a bit. In fact, they're reprinting them in larger collected volumes, making them even easier to obtain.

The first contains the issues that were previously collected in the Ties that Bind and A Knight in Bludhaven trades, the second continues right afterwards, and the third is slated to come out in January of 2016. Personally, i'm excited beyond words for this and I already picked up the second volume at a local comic shop a few hours ago. It's during what I, and many others, consider to be the best time in Dick Grayson's series, featuring the writing of Chuck Dixon and this honestly brings back a ton of good memories. I've been meaning to hunt down Dick's trades for years now, so these reprinted editions couldn't have come at a better time.

With the whole reboot and New 52 angle I know that not all of these can be counted as canon anymore, but I still think there an essential part to any Dick Grayson, and even Batman, comic book collection.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Love this thread

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yup. I'm aware of that. It's about time they did so. Wonder what took them so long. XD It's like this year, they wanted to say sorry to us fans. :P Other characters are now worse off but at least effort into other characters then Batman is being made at least.

oompers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they collect all of Dixon's run, and then skip ahead and reprint Tomasi's run in one big edition. Unlikely, but still. It's good to see the other Batfamily books from that era are following suit.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomasi's stuff was sooo good^^^

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oompers said:

I hope they collect all of Dixon's run, and then skip ahead and reprint Tomasi's run in one big edition. Unlikely, but still. It's good to see the other Batfamily books from that era are following suit.

But if they do that, you'll miss the wonderful work of Devin Grayson lmfao