Tourney of Soldiers R2: ghostravage vs darkseid1006 (VOTING)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

The Tournament of Soldiers - Round 2

No Caption Provided

In honor of veterans and those still currently serving their countries around the world, this tournament has a soldier theme. I can't thank you enough for your service, and can not begin to describe how much respect I have for those who put their life on the line to fight for what they believe in.

Enough preaching from me, let's get to the tournament!

ghostravage

No Caption Provided
Team RED
Team RED

VS

darkseid1006

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Team BLUE
Team BLUE
  • Black Panther
  • Walter C. Dornez
  • Father Anderson

Rules

• Only characters who are or have been soldiers can be used in this tournament. They need to have fought for a country, nation, planet, ideal, etc. for a significant amount of time, and have that be a major part of their character.
  • This tournament welcomes any and all viners. If you're new to tournaments, we can help you along the way. This will be done at a casual pace. If you like strict rules and enforcement, with die hard debaters who will do anything to win, look elsewhere. This tournament will be taken seriously, but the primary purpose is to have fun and learn a bit more about these characters.
  • Teams consist of 2-3 characters. I'll explain later how you know if you get 2 or 3.
  • Morals on, in character.
  • Standard Equipment.
  • Existing relationships play a role, but your characters primary goal is to eliminate the other team and will work with the other characters, but characters with established teamwork, will do a better job of this.
  • There will be limited prep, but it is completely limited to strategy meetings. Nothing to make your team any better then standard.
  • Absolutely no low-balling, wanking, or being disrespectful. This is a tournament for fun, but also to help remember that there are real life soldiers that put their lives on the line day in and day out. Let's remember priorities here, and keep things respectful. This is fiction. If things get heated, I'll help moderate, and maybe call in a few people on here I consider to be experts to help sort things out. Don't lose your cool brah!
  • Game on.

Team RED starts at 1 (Lake Base). Team BLUE starts at 2 (Waterfall Base)
Team RED starts at 1 (Lake Base). Team BLUE starts at 2 (Waterfall Base)

You're team has access to the exact map you see above and three hours of prep from within your bases. Please note in the rules that prep is limited strictly to strategy meetings. Nothing will be done but looking at this map, talking, and getting to know the characters on your team.

Here's a link for a video for map reference if you'd like: Valhalla map (ignore any weapon or vehicle pickups)

Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation.

Extra Perk for Soldiers and Veterans

No Caption Provided

If you are currently a soldier or a veteran from any military, you can pick one perk. Please be honest.

1. Full knowledge of other team
  2. Perfect Teamwork
  3. Unlimited Ammo
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

@veitha Who's gonna start? Or are we going to post Intros once again?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: All right, im going to copy and paste what i had from the first round to speed things up.

No Caption Provided

Tony Masters aka. "Taskmaster"

Tony Masters is one of Marvel's top street levelers. Taskmaster possesses photographic reflexes, peak human stats an almost unlimited amount of fighting skills which he can combine at will, loose morals and it's considered a swiss army knife within the Street Leveler tier because of his gear. That said, he's developed a strange talent of being quite the tactician along the years and his powerset and gear works in perfect coordination to give hell to his adversaries, whether they are in or out of his league. I'll get into detailed information later on as feats come by.

Taskmaster's Updated Handbook Entry from All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #11.

Nathan Christopher Charles Summers aka. "Cable"

Cable is an omega level mutant with vast telekinetic and telepathic abilities (although dampened to fit in the tourney) as well as possessing a wide range of weaponry, gear, strategical knowledge, warfare expertise and loose morals. All this together makes of Nathan a lethal adversary for anyone. Since im using Cable with telekinetic and telepathic powers, that also means im using him with his Techno-Organic Virus which coincidentally, grants him strength around 5 tons or at the very least, the limits of the tourney in his left arm and his bionic eyes can see the infra-red spectrum of light. More detailed info coming soon to deliver his feats.

Cable's Handbook entry from Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: X-Men from 2005.

Looking forward to this mate. Best of Lucks.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry man, I didn't have time. Since tomorrow it's going to be my last day in Italy and I won't have a computer for two weeks, I think that you should go on with the tourney. Sorry again @tparks

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

@ghostravage said:

@veitha Bump.

sorry man, I didn't have time. Since tomorrow it's going to be my last day in Italy and I won't have a computer for two weeks, I think that you should go on with the tourney. Sorry again @tparks

No worries man, enjoy your trip. @darkseid1006 - Want to fill in for Veitha's spot in round 2? You guys have until Friday to debate if you feel like getting in on round 2. There's no post limits in this round also.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tparks: I don't know anything about his picks...

Unless you mean trading his guys out for mine?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tparks

@darkseid1006: ya, trading his picks for yours. All there has been is a copied intro so far, so you'd be good to jump in.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darkseid1006

@ghostravage: @tparks: Ok better get started then...

Ill start with some simple intro's (no scans as i am saving them for the debate). Id like to have a intro before i get into the battle so i know what I'm dealing with.

Intro's

Heres the order

1. T'challa
  2. Walter
  3. Anderson

Black Panther (T'challa)

The Black Panther... Fear him!
The Black Panther... Fear him!

So heres a quick few words on Black Panthers military history...

Black Panther was born in Wakanda, arguably the most tech advanced nation on Marvel 616 earth, and from a young age trained as a warrior of Wakanda. T'challa grew to be the greatest off the Wakandan military and eventually took the position of king of Wakanda and was granted the Heart Shaped Herb to enhance all his physicals. Since then BP has fought alongside the Avengers and other teams and is one of Marvel's Illuminati members.

Now we'll move on to abilities.

Abilities

• Superhuman strength: Strength above any human , sufficient enough to stop a charging Rhino
  • Superhuman speed: Fast enough to dodge bullets, has also proved to exceed Wolverine in reactions and speed
  • Superhuman endurance: He can fight a lot longer than any normal human
  • Superhuman durability: Mainly comes from armour but T'challa himself has still proven to take more damage than any human could and still survived
  • Healing Factor: He has stated that he can heal bruises and cuts in hours whereas it would take a human days maybe weeks to do so
  • Skills: BP has studied every fighting style on 616 earth and has proved to be one of the most skilled beings on earth
  • Genius intellect: Black Panther is regarded as the 8th smartest person in Marvel and has out-prepped the likes off Tony Stark

Equipment/Weapons

This is where Black Panther really shines... (due to time reasons i will only list the gear that T'challa will be most likely to use in this battle)

• Vibrainuium armour: Wakanda has the largest reserve of Vibrainium on earth and it is what their civilisation is based on. Naturally BP uses this and has a suit made out off vibrainium which is near indestructible by brute force. Now before you claim that this was over the limits i would like to point out that it is not especially durable... in reality it seams durable because it has the unique property of absorbing momentum, meaning that it simply absorbs the force rather than takes it.
  • Vibrainium soles: Same material as armour but as soles on his shoes/boots.
  • Energy daggers: Daggers capable of going intangible to phase through force fields, piercing flesh, and deadening nerves in a body.
  • Kimyo card: A piece of tech that T'challa has capable of hacking into any interface
  • Force field: T'challa has 2-3 force fields in his standard gear
  • Invisibility cloak: I believe BP has 2 again. One can also cloak him and make him look like someone else.
  • Teleporter: He has a teleporter built into his suit
  • Anti-metal claws: These are built in claws on T'challa's fingers that have the ability to brake apart the molecules of any metal including durable ones such as adamantium

Walter C. Dornez

This guy is near 85 and he still slaughters vampires by the 100's for kicks...
This guy is near 85 and he still slaughters vampires by the 100's for kicks...

Now for Walter C. Dornez military biography.

Walter serves the helloing family leaders of a special organisation certified by the queen of England called hellsing, they are tasked with the hunting and killing of vampires, and since a boy has carried out missions for them including but not limited too his service in WW2 when fighting the group of Nazi's dedicated too the creation of artificial vampires called Millennium.

Now comes the good part...

Abilities

He's essentially the same as T'challa when it comes to physicals (maybe a bit above in speed) so just look at BP's and you'll have a idea.

Unarmed combat: Walter has proven to be very sufficient when it comes to unarmed combat and has rivalled werewolves

Weapons/Equipment

So Walt's only real gear is his Nano-threads that he uses very effectively but for now ill just leave you with this...

Effortlessly slicing steel
Effortlessly slicing steel

Alexander Anderson (Father Anderson)

Father Anderson... the coolest christian ever.
Father Anderson... the coolest christian ever.

Anderson is last then... well heres a bio on him.

Well Anderson has served as the Catholic's top vampire hunter for at least 15 years and has fought many battles on the side of the catholic army, including the famous battle against Millennium when London was decimated and hellsing was overthrown by Nazi vampires, until his final defeat at the hands of Alucard.

Now we move on...

Abilities

Anderson's strength not too easy to get a hold off or more he doesn't explicitly show them clearly so ill be using them in the debate rather than now but their all above the other 2.

Durability: Takes punches from Alucard and still fights on. He is also bullet proof and has taken auto gunfire point balk before.

Speed: Reacts to blitzing vampires. Can throw his bayonets at speeds beyond that off bullets.

Endurance: Even when having his healing factor cancelled, his arm hanging by a thread of bone and after taking bullets consistently to his body he was still able to blitz through countless army's of souls that Alucard had unleashed.

Healing factor: Has half his face blown off and heals instantly. Is riddled with bullets all through his body and gets up instantly and heals.

Weapons

So he has bayonets durable enough to pierce vampires skin, fast enough to slice up vampires without them being able to react, and has a special exploding feature that he can use when needed. He also has unlimited amounts of these... go figure?

Preparation

Firstly id like to discuss the strategy meetings. I would like to point out that T'challa is a tactical and strategic genius, as well as a genius in other ways, so you must understand how well he would plan out his attack and that it would be a lot better than what i have to say... just take it into account.

Now what the first thing that they do is call up Wakanda and arrange for a few items too be transported over too his location and seeing as the standard tech that Wakanda possesses is space ships and stiff it shouldn't take long too get it too them, if it is not allowed to be bought over before the battle starts it will be dropped first thing when the fight commences.

Heres a idea of the type of tech Wakanda is packing, pay attention too the high tech air vehicles.
Heres a idea of the type of tech Wakanda is packing, pay attention too the high tech air vehicles.

Now heres what he orders...

1. about 2 extra shields alike to his own.

This is showing off his cloaking devices and shields... Shield casually deflects 2 bullets
This is showing off his cloaking devices and shields... Shield casually deflects 2 bullets

2. 4 extra cloaking devices. 2 given too Walt and the other 2 to Anderson

These ones make things appear invisible but the rules state that there is no complete invisibility so in this if you concentrate really hard you will be able to see a blurred smear where their hands would be. T'challa will set them on a rotating system so that they interchange every 10 seconds, allowing the other recharge time until it is ready to be used again.

3. A floating thrown and wooden spear like you see on the picture.

The Battle!

Now heres what happens when they meet up and the fight truly begins...
Walter takes the gravity pump taking him to round about P11 (Centre Ridge).

No Caption Provided

Also heres some proof that Walt will not die or injure himself from the fall...

Walt uses his wires too harmlessly free fall from a airplane.

So Walt will have the cloak on but is not trying to be stealthy just a helpful battle advantage. He will engage the first person he sees.
So due too Cable's infa-red vision i imagine that he would notice Walt very quickly (add that with the fact he can read his mind and discover his location it shouldn't be difficult to attack him) but any attack that you make will give away your position, assuming your trying to hide and not going for a full assault. Lets just get it straight you can fire as many bullets as you want but its not going to have any hope of hitting Walter.

In a narrow restricted space Walt gets fired upon by about 15 auto-machine guns, at point blank range, and dodges every bullet.
In a narrow restricted space Walt gets fired upon by about 15 auto-machine guns, at point blank range, and dodges every bullet.

Now as soon as you have attempted a attack on Walt, provided you have, he will know exactly where you are and using his wires will instantly be slicing you apart.

Showing the range and scale of Walt's wires: Walter tears apart a entire Zeppelin while on the ground.
Showing the range and scale of Walt's wires: Walter tears apart a entire Zeppelin while on the ground.

So it would not be easy to avoid all of Walt's wires but I'm sure if it was Taskmaster he could manage, not too sure about Cable though any feats for both of there reaction times? Point being that to dodge all of Walt's attacks you would need to either take cover or get out in the open to dodge easier and either one of those will make it instantly clear where you are all hiding to my team.
So while all this has been going on Anderson will have been running up the left, not begin too stealthy but staying out of plane sight even though he's invisible, while T'challa will have been going down the right staying too the shadows and being as stealthy as he can. Take into account both of them are invisible from a distance and it takes concentration from close range to be able too see them.
So back to Walt... as soon as your position was made clear he would keep attacking with his wires while gaining ground until he was in close proximity of your guys (assuming they are both together).

Top 2 sections- Walter blocking multiple bullets at point blank range with his wires. Bottom 2 sections- Walt's wires are actually invisible to a human eye so your guys will be relying entirely on senses if they want to stay alive.
Top 2 sections- Walter blocking multiple bullets at point blank range with his wires. Bottom 2 sections- Walt's wires are actually invisible to a human eye so your guys will be relying entirely on senses if they want to stay alive.

Now lets face it in close combat your guys don't have a chance of beating Walter the best they can do is survive his attack and even that is unlikely.
Heres why...
Walt's damage soak and durability will allow him to take anything you'll be able to get him with (NOTE: i said anything you'll be able to get him with not anything you can dish out)

Takes multiple blows from The Captain, a super werewolf, and not only stays standing but laughs and smiles at them.
Heres a idea of what the Captain can do...

Scans 1-2: With kicks he destroys Alucard's head and body
Scans 3-5: His punches liquifies Seras Victoria, a abnormally powerful vampire. On average vampires are bullet proof and Seras is a especially powerful one.
Heres too quick to be tagged by any of your ranged weapons and trying to get close enough to take him out with a blade or fists is suicide.

Here at close range Walt slaughters at least a dozen vampires in mere seconds. Vampires are all casual bullet timers and are all also durable yet non of them could dodge or survive any of Walt's attacks.
Now heres a general idea of what generic vampires are capable off...
Watch from 22:14-26:47
Then from 32:05-33:21

Loading Video...

In these scans you see the vampires cover about 50 of miles in under 1 min that means...
50 miles in 1 min= 50mpm (metres per min)
50mpm= 60 x 50= 3000mph
I think i did the math right.
Dodging about 3 bullets shot by Seras before finally getting tagged (remember that this only happened because Seras is faster than them and she doesn't use a standard gun she has a 13mm cannon). We also see them blitz men before they can react and slice them clean in half with 1 swing.

In these scans we see a mercenary shoot a rapid fire gun at Zorrin and before the bullets could hit her 2 vampires blacked the bullets with their arms with no noticeable damage done to themselves.
Bottom line is you can't tag Walt, at long range you can survive his attack but once he closes down the gap it becomes more difficult, you can't see his weapons and have to rely purely on senses, you can't see him (well cable can but he's too concentrated on surviving that he won't be able to find him), even if you do get a good shot at him that he doesn't block or dodge if its not a instantly lethal shot like heart or brain he'll fight on no problem, and if you do get a lethal shot it will bounce straight off the force field that he has been given.
So basically you can't take out Walt but he will have no problem either taking you out or making it so that its impossible for you to get the time too fight back. But theres something else... Anderson and T'challa!
When Anderson shows up he is certain to obliterate any member of your team.
This is why...
1. Hes fast enough to either react too or blitz any member of your team

Scan 1: Blocks bullet. Scans 2-3: Moves so fast he smacks Seras like a fly before she can even react (remember she's faster than normal vampires). Scan 4: A blitzing vampire (remember how fast they move) is split in 2 by Anderson

So heres some stuff on how fast Seras is...

These 2 sets of scans are of Seras stomping Nazi vampires (the same ones who are bullet proof and bullet timers) by the dozens as well as speed blitzing them

2. He has the offensive capabilities to drop either of your team members in seconds

Anderson throws his bayonets at such speed they shred through Seras without her being able to react and so fast that not even Alucard could see what had happened

Now heres some stuff on how fast Alucard can be...

Alucard can catch and black bullets easily
Alucard catches a bullet that goes at hypersonic speeds

Heres some proof of the bullets speed

Scans 1-4One magic bullet destroys 2 high speed missiles and 3 military jetsScans 5-7Again 1 magic bullet, it manages to blitz a full speed SR-71 Blackbird (a plane that fly's at mach 3+ speeds) hitting it about 5-7 times in a couple of seconds and starts tearing it apart.

3. His durability will be very difficult for your team to get through

Auto-gunfire just hits him and does nothing.
Auto-gunfire just hits him and does nothing.

4. Any damage that you do to him he will instantly heal

Anderson gets shot by multiple .435 casull bullets to the face and body and gets up like nothing happened and heals.

And then even if Anderson ad Walt can't put down your 2 (which is very unlikely and you need to prove that they don't get stomped by these 2) then T'challa will use their attack as a distraction so he can lay them both out with his energy daggers...

Energy daggers can numb nerves. BP could stay invisible and drop both your guys while they are distracted by their fights
Energy daggers can numb nerves. BP could stay invisible and drop both your guys while they are distracted by their fights

So that conclude heres a quick re-cap...

• Walt is too much for your team to handle.
  • Anderson outclasses either of your guys.
  • T'challa can remain invisible and drop all of your guys easily.

Your move...

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GhostRavage

@darkseid1006: Nice intro mate, very detailed, however im going to restrain myself from quoting since there isn't much text to address rather than a small respect thread :). Anyway, let's start this...

Preparation Time

All right, in the preparation time both Cable and Taskmaster will talk about their abilities, gear, attributes and tactical approach about the incoming match. Coincidentally, the name of "Deadpool" comes out and they talk about their "hate/love best friend" relationship they have with him, which somehow creates some empathy between them, strengthening their team work and making it more efficient. That said, the strategical meeting will conclude in both of them agreeing in performing a "1-Man Recon" tactic as their first move then later tackle with full force.

No Caption Provided

Given Cable's knowledge in war, tactics, chess and other useful information, let alone knowledge about the map, he came up with the following plan:

First of all, the moment the match begins, Cable is going to mind-link with Taskmaster to have 100% continuous communication with impeccable efficiency. He proved to have this ability countless times when he was performing such tactic with his all time lover Domino like in Cable #25 or more suited to this scenario, like he did with Bishop in Cable #41...

No Caption Provided

Proceeding with the tactic, Cable is going to sit nicely inside the Lake Base and will perform a battleground scan to find and target the 3 of your characters rather easily instantly briefing Taskmaster about their location as he proved when he had no proficiency over his telepathic abilities in Cable #22...

No Caption Provided

This will dampen your team's chances of finding my team whereas my team will know from the start where your team members lie in the battleground and move accordingly. Moreover, im pretty sure your team won't go blindly and running around the battleground as savages since both Anderson and Walter are quite smart, let alone Black Panther himself and they will most likely move with caution, which only leaves even more time for my team to position themselves. It doesn't take Cable more than few seconds to perform everything they've planned, which leaves them quite a long time to move into the battleground and gain field.

Before approaching to counter your character's abilities i would like to address your preparation argument... You can't do most of the things you stated. The rules are quite clear about it:

• There will be limited prep, but it is completely limited to strategy meetings. Nothing to make your team any better then standard.

Calling Wakanda to bring tech from there and add it to Walter and Anderson's power set is against the rules. The best you can do with your team is share their abilities and come up with a plan with what they got, even then, im not sure how a image inducer would prove any effective against my team which is mind-linked from the start... *Shrugs*... Moving on...

The Battle

Cable's Role

Although Walter and Anderson are very fast, the fact Cable and Taskmaster already know what they are going to do the moment the match begins highly reduces any chances of them to exploit any physical advantage, even then, Cable stomps them in every category sans movement speed. With this said, Cable will try to "divide and conquer" move in the battleground precisely to engage Walter and Anderson, preferably at the same time given his powerset let's him hang around them without much effort while at the same time being incredibly attuned to drop them astonishingly easy while Taskmaster stops T'Challa from interfering in Cable's 2v1 battle. Let me elaborate...

Cable possess a telekinetic shield that surrounds his whole body and it surely surpasses anything your team is able to dish given the fact it can take hits from Hulk as proven in Cable #34...

He takes a hit from Hulk that makes him fly miles away and land on the ground creating a crater, it worths to note that Cable had his telekinetic abilities seriously weakened during this encounter, but even then, he has more feats to suffice the notion like taking a full blow from Colossus in Cable & X-Force #2...

He takes a full punch from an angry Colossus that was aiming to kill him and he barely affected his telekinetic shield, once again, his telekinetic abilities weren't at his best either in the instance. Both Hulk and Colossus can tear anything short of secondary adamantium apart effortlessly, so with these 2 feats Walter and Anderson's chances of harming him are reduced to none. Durability being approached, on the offensive part, Cable stomps both of them nigh-effortlessly since all they got is pure physicals and no versatility to counter Cable's, this is where the fun starts... Cable is fast enough to react to both of them since he can outgun an army of "ants" by pulling the triggers faster than they could blink as proven in Cable #45...

No Caption Provided

As the first tactic he would use realistically is simple incapacitation by turning their brains off. There isn't anything stopping Cable from restraining both of them with TK to keep them from performing any movement as he proved in Cable Annual from 1999...

No Caption Provided

After performing this immobilizing technique, Cable only needs to turn their brains off by using TK and his EMP Plasma Rifle to create a wide-screen bioelectric dispersal effect wide enough to surround them and incapacitate them rather easy as he proved in Cable: Blood and Metal #2, leaving Taskmaster and Cable vs T'Challa, which is obviously a stomp on my favor...

No Caption Provided

That said, there isn't anything stopping Cable from throwing 2 telekinetic bolts through their heads given how blood lusted and ruthless both Walter and Anderson are anyways, it's even easier when the blatant fact TK bolts are invisible to everybody is noted... Anyway, he proved to have this ability in Cable & Deadpool #2...

No Caption Provided

Im aware Anderson might be a little tricky to deal with with his regenerative abilities but i've seen nothing about him to suggest he could heal his brain as a whole, i mean, it was a mere bullet and most of his brain was intact in your instance whereas Cable easily blows most part of your brain off... Furthermore, it's in-character for him to use his telekinetic abilities this way since he showcased this method the first time years before this issue in Cable #18 when he was still exploring his abilities...

No Caption Provided

So with this 2 tactics, they're pretty much screwed and it's almost inevitable for them to engage Cable since he will move in the battleground precisely to taunt them into engaging him.

Taskmaster's Role

Tony's role is rather simple, keep T'Challa away from engaging Cable while he finishes both Walter and Anderson quickly, and this my friend isn't such a hard task to accomplish, pun intended. Given the fact Taskmaster possess the highest degree of skill knowledge in the entire Street roster of the Marvel Universe already seals the deal about T'Challa "overpowering" him within a short period. Let me elaborate...

Taskmaster already knows T'Challa will get inside the battleground while planning on using invisibility technology and whatnot, but the rules state invisibility is limited to 10 seconds and has a 10 seconds recharge, let alone not being complete invisibility, which wouldn't prove much of an issue either way given the fact Taskmaster can still fight while blinded as he proved in Elektra #7, so in all honesty, he doesn't need to see his target to fight it...

No Caption Provided

Moving on, T'Challa would be hard pressed into taking down Taskmaster by his own if fighting him, not only Taskmaster is around his combat speed, but the fact Taskmaster has an incredible edge in fighting skill application as well, he can exploit literally all his fighting styles at once creating 1 master fighting style that could be fairly easy considered the most unpredictable and deadliest fighting style ever shown on comics, he proved to have this ability in Taskmaster #4...

No Caption Provided

Im just mentioning these abilities if the moment of T'Challa engaging in close combat with Taskmaster comes, Tony could fairly easy keep his distance while exploiting the ranged attacks T'Challa lacks and given the fact Tony knows his location whereas T'Challa is still looking for both Cable and Tony increases the chances of Tony exploiting his range... Let's elaborate once more.

Tony has a plethora of trick arrows, nothing is really stopping him from using them to keep T'Challa under pressure and away from Cable the same way he tried once against Luke Cage ultimately proving ineffective for very obvious reasons in House of M: Avengers #3...

It worths to note, that Taskmaster's mere goal here is stopping T'Challa on his tracks long enough for Cable to come into aid which is very likely to happen here given the capabilities of both of my characters. I know T'Challa's technology and superior stats would prove a little too much for Tony, but he doesn't really have enough time to engage Tony properly, let alone flat out beat him before Cable comes to aid him and both of them stomps him.

I think it is enough to suffice my case, i don't think none of your team has anything on mine and my team graciously beats yours. Anyway, to address my points within the rules, take every TK feat as the highest possible level of this Tourney, which is still above anything you've shown as Warhammer Marines are around 5-7 tons of strength which is enough force of TK to manhandle your team.

You turn mate.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darkseid1006

@tparks: @ghostravage: Wow that was a really nice counter... Few points that are incorrect or need to be addressed though so ill start.

Counter/Rebuttal

Preparation Time

All right, in the preparation time both Cable and Taskmaster will talk about their abilities, gear, attributes and tactical approach about the incoming match. Coincidentally, the name of "Deadpool" comes out and they talk about their "hate/love best friend" relationship they have with him, which somehow creates some empathy between them, strengthening their team work and making it more efficient. That said, the strategical meeting will conclude in both of them agreeing in performing a "1-Man Recon" tactic as their first move then later tackle with full force.

No Caption Provided

Given Cable's knowledge in war, tactics, chess and other useful information, let alone knowledge about the map, he came up with the following plan:

First of all, the moment the match begins, Cable is going to mind-link with Taskmaster to have 100% continuous communication with impeccable efficiency. He proved to have this ability countless times when he was performing such tactic with his all time lover Domino like in Cable #25 or more suited to this scenario, like he did with Bishop in Cable #41...

No Caption Provided

Proceeding with the tactic, Cable is going to sit nicely inside the Lake Base and will perform a battleground scan to find and target the 3 of your characters rather easily instantly briefing Taskmaster about their location as he proved when he had no proficiency over his telepathic abilities in Cable #22...

No Caption Provided

This will dampen your team's chances of finding my team whereas my team will know from the start where your team members lie in the battleground and move accordingly. Moreover, im pretty sure your team won't go blindly and running around the battleground as savages since both Anderson and Walter are quite smart, let alone Black Panther himself and they will most likely move with caution, which only leaves even more time for my team to position themselves. It doesn't take Cable more than few seconds to perform everything they've planned, which leaves them quite a long time to move into the battleground and gain field.

Before approaching to counter your character's abilities i would like to address your preparation argument... You can't do most of the things you stated. The rules are quite clear about it:

Calling Wakanda to bring tech from there and add it to Walter and Anderson's power set is against the rules. The best you can do with your team is share their abilities and come up with a plan with what they got, even then, im not sure how a image inducer would prove any effective against my team which is mind-linked from the start... *Shrugs*... Moving on...

Ok yeah sure Anderson and Walt will just go without cloaks.
1. Nice strategy
2. Unfortunately it will not be entirely helpful here... Reasons.....

• Any TP is limited to mind reading only and only one character from your opponents team at a time. TP between teammates is allowed, and does not count towards the one character being mind read.

This means that you will only be able to read their thoughts 1 at a time which will go on to assist in the efficiency of my next part...

Black Panther has actually trained himself to mask his thoughts and mind. Cable did pick him up but it was only when T'challa was nearby and even then it took him a long time to even pick up the thoughts then it took him a bit longer to figure out it was BP.
Black Panther has actually trained himself to mask his thoughts and mind. Cable did pick him up but it was only when T'challa was nearby and even then it took him a long time to even pick up the thoughts then it took him a bit longer to figure out it was BP.

So in reality all Cable will get is Anderson and Walt and will completely overlook T'challa, due to him not being nearby, giving BP the complete element of surprise.

3. Now i'll address this...

This will dampen your team's chances of finding my team whereas my team will know from the start where your team members lie in the battleground and move accordingly.

Now this is where my team start to gain a huge tactical advantage...
Your team believes that you have all off my opponents located, meaning that Taskmaster will not be their to attempt to stop T'challa, and now will in fact go for a more 2v2 battle against Anderson and Walt.
As for my team not being able to locate yours...

Black Panther actually sees in the Infra-red spectrum. Meaning he can see your teams heat signature.
Black Panther actually sees in the Infra-red spectrum. Meaning he can see your teams heat signature.

No one hides from the Black Panther!

4. This bit is next...

Moreover, im pretty sure your team won't go blindly and running around the battleground as savages since both Anderson and Walter are quite smart, let alone Black Panther himself and they will most likely move with caution, which only leaves even more time for my team to position themselves. It doesn't take Cable more than few seconds to perform everything they've planned, which leaves them quite a long time to move into the battleground and gain field.

So in fact no... your wrong. This is not a stupid move in fact it is a very logical tactical plan. The reasons for this are simple. 1. They are sending Walter out in the open so that he can take on your team while the rest of the plan goes on, bearing in mind that they know Walter is fast and skilled enough to remain in a good condition if something is thrown at them. 2. In fact it allows the rest off the plan to go down smoothly as Walt is being used as a weaponised distraction off sorts.

Now onto the part that you say is where it gets fun...

Cable's Role

Although Walter and Anderson are very fast, the fact Cable and Taskmaster already know what they are going to do the moment the match begins highly reduces any chances of them to exploit any physical advantage, even then, Cable stomps them in every category sans movement speed. With this said, Cable will try to "divide and conquer" move in the battleground precisely to engage Walter and Anderson, preferably at the same time given his powerset let's him hang around them without much effort while at the same time being incredibly attuned to drop them astonishingly easy while Taskmaster stops T'Challa from interfering in Cable's 2v1 battle. Let me elaborate...

Cable possess a telekinetic shield that surrounds his whole body and it surely surpasses anything your team is able to dish given the fact it can take hits from Hulk as proven in Cable #34...

He takes a hit from Hulk that makes him fly miles away and land on the ground creating a crater, it worths to note that Cable had his telekinetic abilities seriously weakened during this encounter, but even then, he has more feats to suffice the notion like taking a full blow from Colossus in Cable & X-Force #2...

He takes a full punch from an angry Colossus that was aiming to kill him and he barely affected his telekinetic shield, once again, his telekinetic abilities weren't at his best either in the instance. Both Hulk and Colossus can tear anything short of secondary adamantium apart effortlessly, so with these 2 feats Walter and Anderson's chances of harming him are reduced to none. Durability being approached, on the offensive part, Cable stomps both of them nigh-effortlessly since all they got is pure physicals and no versatility to counter Cable's, this is where the fun starts... Cable is fast enough to react to both of them since he can outgun an army of "ants" by pulling the triggers faster than they could blink as proven in Cable #45...

As the first tactic he would use realistically is simple incapacitation by turning their brains off. There isn't anything stopping Cable from restraining both of them with TK to keep them from performing any movement as he proved in Cable Annual from 1999...

After performing this immobilizing technique, Cable only needs to turn their brains off by using TK and his EMP Plasma Rifle to create a wide-screen bioelectric dispersal effect wide enough to surround them and incapacitate them rather easy as he proved in Cable: Blood and Metal #2, leaving Taskmaster and Cable vs T'Challa, which is obviously a stomp on my favor...

That said, there isn't anything stopping Cable from throwing 2 telekinetic bolts through their heads given how blood lusted and ruthless both Walter and Anderson are anyways, it's even easier when the blatant fact TK bolts are invisible to everybody is noted... Anyway, he proved to have this ability in Cable & Deadpool #2...

Im aware Anderson might be a little tricky to deal with with his regenerative abilities but i've seen nothing about him to suggest he could heal his brain as a whole, i mean, it was a mere bullet and most of his brain was intact in your instance whereas Cable easily blows most part of your brain off... Furthermore, it's in-character for him to use his telekinetic abilities this way since he showcased this method the first time years before this issue in Cable #18 when he was still exploring his abilities...

So with this 2 tactics, they're pretty much screwed and it's almost inevitable for them to engage Cable since he will move in the battleground precisely to taunt them into engaging him.

Ok so lets begin on what is wrong with this...
Your plan off letting Cable rush out into the middle off the battle field is exactly what Walt wants, also bear in mind he will most likely be joined by Taskmaster now because to them T'challa doesn't exist here but if not Taskmaster will most likely wait somewhere not be looking for BP, as once your in the clear he doesn't have to get anywhere near you to destroy you as proved when he took down the Zeppelin from the ground.
Now your main way point for how Cable can take on Walt and Anderson, remember Anderson is not actually in the battle at the moment as he took a more stealthy rout, is the fact that he has his shield preventing anything from harming him...
I ADMIT CABLE COULD SOLO MY ENTRIE TEAM EFFORTLESSLY AS HE IS FAR FAR ABOVE STREET LEVEL!!!
This is a street level tourney and as such Cable was nerfed. Problem is with your post you seem to have ignored all the nerfs that where put on Cable that allowed him into this tourney.
Heres one of the rules...

• TK is limited to physical strength limitation above

So that could mean 2 things...
1. It is a strength limit only
2. It could also mean that TK can only be used as a strength advantage meaning no TK blast, TK shields, Brain EMP's etc
Im not sure which so we'll get @tparks rule on this? I do believe however that this is purely a strength cap so we'll just continue with that (I'm just getting stuff clear).

But heres what i really wanted to point out...

• Shields are limited to Master Chief and below, and must be capable of being depleted with a reasonable amount of small arms fire.

So this means that Cable's essentially indestructible shield is now only resistant to small amounts off small arms fire. So your plan just fell flat as now Walt can literally bust Cable's shield in about 3 hits and once thats happened Cable's getting sliced apart. After all Walt slices bullet proof creatures in half by the dozens in 1 flick of his wires.

A vampire who was trying to blitz away from Walt was not only tagged but torn apart by his wires and remember these guys are casual bullet tankers.
A vampire who was trying to blitz away from Walt was not only tagged but torn apart by his wires and remember these guys are casual bullet tankers.

So Walt can literally tear Cable apart in seconds from the other side of the map he doesn't even have to get close.
As for proof that Cable could dodge Walt's wires what you showed my was a scan off Cable moving his finger at a fast speed. Walter's wires slice apart beings who can move their entire limbs and some even bodies faster than bullets.
Also as for the rest of Cable's part event hough it would be irrelevant as Cable would have been taken out long before that but it would also not work. Reason being that Cable would still have to pinpoint Walt's location and react to him before Walt is moving again and remember Walt is fast enough to dodge near enough 500 bullets all shot at him simultaneously while in a enclosed corridor, here he has a entire battle field to move around. Yet lets sat Cable does in fact manage to some how restrain Walt and Anderson. Anderson is only going to move in if Walt is starting to lose or if another opponent appears, seeing as Cable is too busy trying to get Walt he will not know that Anderson is waiting to do this all he knows is that Anderson is around, so it will only be if by some miracle Walt is caught and then Anderson will come out with a attack using his bayonets which move far too fast for Cable to react too.

Anderson throws his bayonets so fast that he sticks Alucard himself with 14 of them without Alucard being able to react.

The only hope Cable would have had of dodging this would have been too know it was coming, but seeing as he didn't get time to sense Anderson's thoughts before he wouldn't know, and once he dodges them Anderson will throw more and proceed to close the gap near instantly using his speed. Once in close quarters Anderson is going to win or if for some reason he can't he's going to throw Cable's attention off keeping Walt and then Walt's going to be released now the 2 off them instantly stomp Cable.

Anderson fought evenly in a friendly fist fight between himself and Alucard. (although it was friendly with his mere fists Anderson split the skin of Alucard which has casually tanked bullets)

So now lets say by a even greater miracle that some how Cable was expecting Anderson too attack if he managed to start beating Walt and it does go your way. Anderson and Walt end up immobilised by Cable T'challa will simply just shoot a couple of energy dagger straight through Cable and drop him simply and effectively.

Scan 1: Energy daggers phase through Adamantium and harm Ultron. Scan 2: Energy daggers phase through Ironman's force field. Scan 3: Daggers destroy force field. Scan 4: Daggers KO multiple humans. Scan5: Daggers deaden nerves.

So i gave you a lot of chances there by that i mean i assumed it would go your way when in fact i have proved that it certainly wouldn't and event then my guys came out on top so bottom line is cable doesn't stand a chance. Now its my 3 vs Taskmaster and we both know Task has lost that badly.

Counter/Rebuttal

So heres a quick conclusion...
Your plan is flawed as it leans in my favour due to the fact that it makes your team believe i only have 2 members allowing for a sneak attack if for some reason my team begin to lose.
Wether or not Taskmaster decides to follow Cable into the centre or hides somewhere it doesn't matter as in the centre Taskmaster will die near instantly because of Walt's wires and if he hides he will just get stomped later.
Cable's only defence against Walt or Anderson not stomping him was his force field but you forgot that it was nerfed so that my team can shatter it effortlessly
Cable can't even defeat Walt
If somehow Cable does restrain Walt Anderson will come in a blitz 20 bayonets through his head.
If by a even smaller chance Cable was able to sense this then he engages Anderson and has to release Walt he gets stomped by Walt and Anderson
If he manages to overpower both he simply gets dropped by a guy he didn't know existed
Then Taskmaster gets stomped.
And lastly id like to point out knowing what my team are going to do isn't a advantage here...

Every vampire in hellsing have the ability to read minds and know exactly what their opponent is going to do but did it help against Walter C. Dornez or Father Anderson? No they can counter that by being too fast, its not help knowing what their going to do if you don't have the speed to prevent it.
Every vampire in hellsing have the ability to read minds and know exactly what their opponent is going to do but did it help against Walter C. Dornez or Father Anderson? No they can counter that by being too fast, its not help knowing what their going to do if you don't have the speed to prevent it.

Ok your move... If you want to go to votes then thats fine but can you warn me so that once you've got your rebuttal up we can both do a closing post?

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darkseid1006

@ghostravage@tparks: Your turn
And tparks can you please clear up what i said mid way through my post?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

2. It could also mean that TK can only be used as a strength advantage meaning no TK blast, TK shields, Brain EMP's etc

Im not sure which so we'll get @tparks rule on this? I do believe however that this is purely a strength cap so we'll just continue with that (I'm just getting stuff clear).

The TK limitations equal the strength limitations. This means, that if a character wants to use TK to lift, throw, repel, etc... it can only be done to the limitations what would be equal to the physical strength limitations. Also, TK inside another characters body (like brain popping or stopping internal organs) is not allowed. It's basically used like a Jedi would use TK, but limited to the physical strength limits.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GhostRavage

@darkseid1006: All right, let's continue this...

It doesn't matter if Cable can only read 1 enemy mind at a time, he's not reading minds the entire time, just at the beginning to know who's been put against, the moment he proceeds to move into the battleground he would only need to follow the mind wavelengths to get to Walter and Anderson totally ignoring the one that he can barely feel, which would consequentially make Taskmaster look out for it with caution. That said, for the Cable #54 scan with Black Panther, did you ignore he wasn't focused at all in finding Black Panther? He was busy thinking too much in his problems to find anyone and he actually picked Black Panther thoughts without intention... Proximity has nothing to do with Cable getting his signals or not but concentration.. In this match where he would be constantly looking for them telepathically, that's not going to happen.

T'Challa won't have element of surprise because there will be Taskmaster expecting his arrival. It doesn't matter if Cable can't give him a full detail on Black Panther, he's merely locating him which is enough for Taskmaster to position himself strategically.

Now this is where my team start to gain a huge tactical advantage...

Your team believes that you have all off my opponents located, meaning that Taskmaster will not be their to attempt to stop T'challa, and now will in fact go for a more 2v2 battle against Anderson and Walt.

As for my team not being able to locate yours...

My team doesn't "believe", Cable would locate all of you team's characters without much effort as 2 of them don't have telepathic shielding at all and Black Panther can still give out his thoughts even if they are "weak or vague". You got something wrong, Taskmaster won't be following Cable, he's going to stop T'Challa on his tracks whether is ambushing or by a flat out face to face confrontation, either way, T'Challa can't beat nor get a decent upperhand on Taskmaster before Cable manhandles your team rather easily. It worth's to note there aren't much stealthy positions in this battleground as it is an open field, good luck Black Panther.

Black Panther having Infra-Red vision doesn't mean much, he would be hard pressed locating them from afar let alone communicating with 2 of his team mates that are going to blindly run around the battleground like they are invincible against 2 characters that are so deadly precisely because they take advantage of stupidity. Moreover, you didn't even address communication between teammates at all, how are they going to communicate if they are going separate way with Walter and Anderson running faster than Black Panther who would be in "stealth" mode, moreover, even if Black Panther miraculously locates my team before they move accordingly to their position, how is he going to tell his other teammates? That strategy has no base whatsoever and the ability seems rather useless in my eyes.

So in fact no... your wrong. This is not a stupid move in fact it is a very logical tactical plan. The reasons for this are simple. 1. They are sending Walter out in the open so that he can take on your team while the rest of the plan goes on, bearing in mind that they know Walter is fast and skilled enough to remain in a good condition if something is thrown at them. 2. In fact it allows the rest off the plan to go down smoothly as Walt is being used as a weaponised distraction off sorts.

Now onto the part that you say is where it gets fun...

It is a stupid move since you're "sacrificing" one of your teammates. You're death sentencing Walter the moment he's willingly going to engage Cable.

1. So you're sending Walter running around in the open field without knowing squat about the people he's been put against? Moreover against Cable who has an horrendous versatility edge it's not even fun? The plan seems a little too... illogical to me, but hey, it's your team after all.
  2. Walter won't be a distraction given how fast he would go down, you're just giving away the character with the most offensive capability in your team. You don't really use your best weapon as distraction which is why i consider your plan incredibly easy to overcome as well as the reason your team goes down so freaking bad.

Ok so lets begin on what is wrong with this...

Your plan off letting Cable rush out into the middle off the battle field is exactly what Walt wants, also bear in mind he will most likely be joined by Taskmaster now because to them T'challa doesn't exist here but if not Taskmaster will most likely wait somewhere not be looking for BP, as once your in the clear he doesn't have to get anywhere near you to destroy you as proved when he took down the Zeppelin from the ground.

Now your main way point for how Cable can take on Walt and Anderson, remember Anderson is not actually in the battle at the moment as he took a more stealthy rout, is the fact that he has his shield preventing anything from harming him...

I ADMIT CABLE COULD SOLO MY ENTRIE TEAM EFFORTLESSLY AS HE IS FAR FAR ABOVE STREET LEVEL!!!

This is a street level tourney and as such Cable was nerfed. Problem is with your post you seem to have ignored all the nerfs that where put on Cable that allowed him into this tourney.

Heres one of the rules...

Cable is not rushing, i never stated such thing, he would move strategically to encounter Walter and Anderson, that's hardly a rushing tactic. A face to face encounter with both Walter and Anderson is precisely what Nathan wants, moreover, the difference between what Walter wants and Cable wants is Cable actually has a plan to take them down whereas Walter doesn't have a clue about how's he's taking down Cable.

Yes, Taskmaster would be camping and moving at the same time positioning for the upcoming "dot in the radar" since Cable can "barely" get his thoughts.

I don't have quarrels with Walter having some range in his attacks, but given Tparks answered my question about the shields being Master Chief level instead of being like space Marines durability-wise it obviously affect Cable's mindset in this scenario.

The tactic would stay almost the same with the only difference that Cable is looking to ambush them and get near them for him to exploit his fighting style on them, which im positive they have no counter to it. He will position himself totally out of sight from Walter and let him get near enough for him to perform an ambush by using his Psimitar by channeling his TK through it the way he used it on a young Apocalypse in Cable #66...

It has immense destructive power so take it as a VERY fast RPG you can't really block... The best thing about this is he doesn't need to recharge and he could just spam this thing continuously while approaching Walter to then perform the already mentioned tactic of restraining and turning his brain off. The fact that he could restrain him from quite a good range like proven in Cable & Deadpool #41 means he's more than capable of doing so without effort.

No Caption Provided

Rinse and Repeat on Anderson.

So this means that Cable's essentially indestructible shield is now only resistant to small amounts off small arms fire. So your plan just fell flat as now Walt can literally bust Cable's shield in about 3 hits and once thats happened Cable's getting sliced apart. After all Walt slices bullet proof creatures in half by the dozens in 1 flick of his wires.

I think you're putting too much on the bullet "tanking" analogy, Cable's shields have been shrugging off bullets since day one effortlessly, moreover, this is how strong Master Chief's shields truly are...

He literally tanks several plasma cannons that are the same cannons that take out tanks and battleships in the Halo-verse which im pretty sure are tougher than anything Walter has shown to damage with those wires. If your first assault fails into dealing with Cable he'll just restrain him and turn his brain off, or if the situation applies, blow his brains out with a TK bolt.

That said, all the videos you've shown show those vampires actually being harmed by bullets, they can "tank" them because of their regenerative and damage tolerance but they aren't that "bullet proof" as you're implying, at least not as bullet proof as Cable's shield at their base level.

So Walt can literally tear Cable apart in seconds from the other side of the map he doesn't even have to get close.

As for proof that Cable could dodge Walt's wires what you showed my was a scan off Cable moving his finger at a fast speed. Walter's wires slice apart beings who can move their entire limbs and some even bodies faster than bullets.

Also as for the rest of Cable's part event hough it would be irrelevant as Cable would have been taken out long before that but it would also not work. Reason being that Cable would still have to pinpoint Walt's location and react to him before Walt is moving again and remember Walt is fast enough to dodge near enough 500 bullets all shot at him simultaneously while in a enclosed corridor, here he has a entire battle field to move around. Yet lets sat Cable does in fact manage to some how restrain Walt and Anderson. Anderson is only going to move in if Walt is starting to lose or if another opponent appears, seeing as Cable is too busy trying to get Walt he will not know that Anderson is waiting to do this all he knows is that Anderson is around, so it will only be if by some miracle Walt is caught and then Anderson will come out with a attack using his bayonets which move far too fast for Cable to react too.

Nonsense. Have you seen how big is the map, you haven't shown anything to suffice such notion.

I didn't showed that scan to imply Cable could move that fast, but that he could react that fast... Even then, Cable has performed the infamous laser dodging without that much trouble in the past in Cable #41, bullets and whatnot are jobbers in the comic universe so i don't see why dodging bullets should be that impressive...

No Caption Provided

By feats, Cable is faster than Walter but it doesn't matter, i still see Cable's tactic being too much for the wires to exploited. Even then Cable would still be reading his mind when he engages him so he will know what he's going to do, let alone knowing what weapon he's going to use and given the fact you're stating >now< that Anderson is going to stay behind eases things for Cable.

Bullet dodging is something almost all street levelers have done, moreover, we don't really know how accurate were that fodder whereas Cable has a plethora of feats suggesting he has nigh-flawless accuracy but for the sake of simplicity, take this feat from Cable & Deadpool #20...

No Caption Provided

Takes out high speed shooting disks with a handgun without even trying and these disks were supposed to be taken out with assault rifles using the scope. I hardly doubt Walter will dodge his attacks, let alone surpass his reaction time which is a LOT greater than anything you've shown.

What possible proof do you have the Bayonet's attacks are faster than someone could blink? I disagree completely. Even then, you're suggesting Anderson coming out of nowhere and attacking Cable is faster than a wave of Cable's hand and restrain him as well, that's literally what it takes Cable to restrain them... A wave of his hand. Moreover, Alucard is not the type of character that dodges, but totally the contrary, he likes to taunt his opponents that way all the time, taking bullets, letting himself get massacred into pieces for him to regenerate and humiliate him. In fact, that feat is useless to suffice your point.

So now lets say by a even greater miracle that some how Cable was expecting Anderson too attack if he managed to start beating Walt and it does go your way. Anderson and Walt end up immobilised by Cable T'challa will simply just shoot a couple of energy dagger straight through Cable and drop him simply and effectively.

Miracle? That word is way too big to describe something Cable has all the potential on doing. Im starting to see a pattern here, there's no "start" on Cable's beat down over Walter, it would literally take him seconds do deal with Walter, the same applies to Anderson. T'Challa would be located by Taskmaster and won't let him get involved in Cable's fight, i mean, how could you ignore Taskmaster?

So i gave you a lot of chances there by that i mean i assumed it would go your way when in fact i have proved that it certainly wouldn't and event then my guys came out on top so bottom line is cable doesn't stand a chance. Now its my 3 vs Taskmaster and we both know Task has lost that badly.

Not really mate, i can tell you're seriously underestimating Cable here by claiming he stands no chances when it's totally the opposite and given the strategy you've decided to take, im positive it's going down.

So heres a quick conclusion...

Your plan is flawed as it leans in my favour due to the fact that it makes your team believe i only have 2 members allowing for a sneak attack if for some reason my team begin to lose.

Wether or not Taskmaster decides to follow Cable into the centre or hides somewhere it doesn't matter as in the centre Taskmaster will die near instantly because of Walt's wires and if he hides he will just get stomped later.

Cable's only defence against Walt or Anderson not stomping him was his force field but you forgot that it was nerfed so that my team can shatter it effortlessly

Cable can't even defeat Walt

If somehow Cable does restrain Walt Anderson will come in a blitz 20 bayonets through his head.

If by a even smaller chance Cable was able to sense this then he engages Anderson and has to release Walt he gets stomped by Walt and Anderson

If he manages to overpower both he simply gets dropped by a guy he didn't know existed

Then Taskmaster gets stomped.

And lastly id like to point out knowing what my team are going to do isn't a advantage here...

1. My plan is still on the table, Cable doesn't need a full signal over Black Panther to avoid it when he already has 2 of your members located let alone graciously knowing 1 of them is rushing blindly into the battleground.
  2. Taskmaster won't follow Cable, he's going the opposite way and guard the flank. Walter would be too busy hard pressed with huge firepower let alone restrained then having his brain turn off.
  3. I didn't forget the nerf, TK was addressed separately from the shields so i assumed the physical stipulations applied on the TK in general, that said, Cable doesn't need to rely on his shields when he could exploit his fire power and versatility. Even then, i think your wires are not that strong to suggest the shields would be broken that easily.
  4. Cable doesn't beat Walt, he stomps him.
  5. Yeah, the bayonets don't move faster than bullets, and they aren't tougher than bullets either since they got broken by Integra's weapon rather easily.
  6. Black Panther would be too busy dodging the bunch of trick arrows of Taskmaster let alone engaging with him in close combat afterwards...
  7. Knowing what your opponent is going to do is ALWAYS an advantage...

Knowing your opponents movements doesn't transmit into them acting efficiently towards him, Cable on the other hand IS very efficient in countering his opponents movements.

To summarize

• I admit i didn't know i would have to recur to dodging and avoiding contact, let alone ambush tactics to deal with your team but given the stipulations, why not? Cable has all the abilities to dodge, avoid and tank your overrated wires.
  • Taskmaster is getting seriously ignored when Black Panther isn't even in your equation when addressing your team's potential. Both of them will have their encounter separately from Cable, Walter and Anderson.
  • You don't really have a counter for the restraining since all it's required to do it is a simple thought and the distance gap in which they will encounter at first is enough for Cable to exploit it rather instantly.
  • There are some arguments that doesn't have a base whatsoever on your behalf, like Anderson's bayonets and Black Panther locating my team and miraculously telling Walter and Anderson my Team's position with no communication whatsoever.
  • My team annihilates, although with more difficulty than i expected.

@tparks I don't want to sound like im complaining nor anything, but having different levels of toughness over shielding and durability in general seems a bit unpractical, there's a bunch of street levelers here that NEED those shields, more so when most of their feats are composed by shielding. I understand the physical limits, but Master Chief's shielding compared to Space Marine's durability is incredibly petty, even more so when you explicitly state small arms fire could take them down.

This match is an example of how rules not only dampen a characters abilities but pretty much cancel most of his feats as well let alone a match where a character can dismember other characters from afar with a weapon that moves incredibly fast, is astonishingly hard to avoid and seems to have high end offensive capabilities.

Anyway, im ready for votes, my strategy would pretty much stay the same. @darkseid1006 You're on.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks I don't want to sound like im complaining nor anything, but having different levels of toughness over shielding and durability in general seems a bit unpractical, there's a bunch of street levelers here that NEED those shields, more so when most of their feats are composed by shielding. I understand the physical limits, but Master Chief's shielding compared to Space Marine's durability is incredibly petty, even more so when you explicitly state small arms fire could take them down.

I'm not really sure what the issue is. I wanted armor durability higher then shield durability for this tourney, because I don't like when people claim that their shields will stop any and all damage from another team. I haven't changed the durability rules, they've been the same since the very beginning when everyone picked teams. Everyone should have understood this when picking teams. The shield limits are very low (only Master Chief level who has considerably weak shields when compared to any other character I can think of who uses shields), so there shouldn't be too much of an issue. It only blocks a few shots from small arms fire. If someone is saying that they are higher then this, call them out on it and it will be taken away or nerfed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

I'm not really sure what the issue is. I wanted armor durability higher then shield durability for this tourney, because I don't like when people claim that their shields will stop any and all damage from another team. I haven't changed the durability rules, they've been the same since the very beginning when everyone picked teams. Everyone should have understood this when picking teams. The shield limits are very low (only Master Chief level who has considerably weak shields when compared to any other character I can think of who uses shields), so there shouldn't be too much of an issue. It only blocks a few shots from small arms fire. If someone is saying that they are higher then this, call them out on it and it will be taken away or nerfed.

I understood the rules from the start, but the fact you addressed TK stipulations from the shield's stipulation confused me. That's all. That said, even if you tried to avoid "my shields surpass anything you will throw" type of arguments by greatly dampening them, you still will have such arguments but towards physical durability. Why not put them both at the same level but being able to worn them off. All, street levelers in this tourney can worn the shields off under these stipulations but not all of them can handle the physical stipulations, it is a double edged sword mate. Some street levelers NEED those shields to contend with other street levelers with high regeneration factor, versatility or flat out bordering in the limits of physical attributes. Mere suggestions, not complaining though, is done already.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tparks

@ghostravage: I get what you're saying. I just don't like seeing people saying their characters can tank a ton of damage with their shield, and then have their shield recharge while they take cover, and do it again, rinse and repeat, with no great counter to it. I just wanted to reduce the use of this strategy as much as possible. I had a character on my team (Zeratul), who could have done this over and over again with his shield, and I just think it's kind of cheap, so I wanted to limit it.

I do understand your reasoning, I was just explaining why I made shields a lesser durability level then the physical durability level. :)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tparks
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: Good job man, way to put BP in a great spot to take advantage for your team, and impressive scans for all your people that mixed well with your argument, however i pointed out to ghost a few things he seemed to do better, on overall i felt you provided a just a by a hair better argument, however if i could i'd make this a draw if tparks is allowing it.

@ghostravage:

already on it, and honestly you both provided very good detail, but i felt darkseid was just a little better overall, however with that said it was a slim victory for him not a clear one XD i did like some of the points u did make though ghost such as

1. "So you're sending Walter running around in the open field without knowing squat about the people he's been put against? Moreover against Cable who has an horrendous versatility edge it's not even fun? The plan seems a little too... illogical to me, but hey, it's your team after all.
  2. Walter won't be a distraction given how fast he would go down, you're just giving away the character with the most offensive capability in your team. You don't really use your best weapon as distraction which is why i consider your plan incredibly easy to overcome as well as the reason your team goes down so freaking bad."

^ good points to really focus on, and stuff, but as i said i felt dark did a better job explaining his team even if this is the case on how he could win this. I'd honestly count this is as a draw if i could though if that's possible.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Darkseid has definitely come a long way to be able to give a debater like GR some grief in his posts. The main strengths of Darkseid1006's arguments IMO came from a liberal use of scans and some nice attempts of positioning. Having said this, @ghostravage did a top notch job on almost every facet of his argument. From countering his opponent's points to detailing how his characters would react, GR accounted for the numbers' advantage quite well and demonstrated how his team would deal with their opponents accordingly. He gets my vote.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Darkseid, congrats mate. You seriously held your own here. You both had great counters and went into lots of detail. I feel that darkseid had the weaker strategy with essentially sending Walter to his death, wasting one of his team members. Although ghostravage was using a nerfed cable he still showed why he could be a pain to your team.

Honestly you both did great but I feel ghostravage just edged it. Well done as always and darkseid, you did well here. You were up against one of the best debaters on the site (IMO anyway) and you not only held your own but at times you had the upper hand. Great debate, Ghostravage gets my vote.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

I'd honestly count this is as a draw if i could though if that's possible.

If that's how you honestly feel, that's fine with me. You're vote will only count if it comes to a draw then. Thanks for taking the time to read and leaving some nice feedback. :)

@lvenger@thedailybagel - Thanks for reading, the vote, and the comment. Nice to see some well thought out votes. :)

@darkseid1006 - 0 (with a tie breaking edge from killerwasp)

@ghostravage -2

Also, great debate fellas. Feel free to tag more people if you'd like for more votes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: np anything for these types of hard core debates. ^^

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Darkseid has definitely come a long way to be able to give a debater like GR some grief in his posts. The main strengths of Darkseid1006's arguments IMO came from a liberal use of scans and some nice attempts of positioning. Having said this, @ghostravage did a top notch job on almost every facet of his argument. From countering his opponent's points to detailing how his characters would react, GR accounted for the numbers' advantage quite well and demonstrated how his team would deal with their opponents accordingly. He gets my vote.

I'd like to piggyback on this and say DS1006 has continued to show refinement and growth in each debate I've seen him in.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great debate but I'll side with GR because I believe he had a better strategy, again great debate.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: fun debate man
its clear you where the winner here... well done

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: Same mate, it was very close in my opinion, your team is very stacked :P

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I should have been quicker and put my closer up but you debated better. well done good look in RND 3

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers