Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

The Tournament of Soldiers - Round 1

No Caption Provided

In honor of veterans and those still currently serving their countries around the world, this tournament has a soldier theme. I can't thank you enough for your service, and can not begin to describe how much respect I have for those who put their life on the line to fight for what they believe in.

Enough preaching, let's get to the tournament!

ssj_god

No Caption Provided
Team RED
Team RED

• White Dino Power Ranger
  • Composite Robocop

stardustcrusader

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Team BLUE
Team BLUE

• Edward Elric
  • Guts
  • Mamoru

Rules

• Only characters who are or have been soldiers can be used in this tournament. They need to have fought for a country, nation, planet, ideal, etc. for a significant amount of time, and have that be a major part of their character.
  • This tournament welcomes any and all viners. If you're new to tournaments, we can help you along the way. This will be done at a casual pace. If you like strict rules and enforcement, with die hard debaters who will do anything to win, look elsewhere. This tournament will be taken seriously, but the primary purpose is to have fun and learn a bit more about these characters.
  • Teams consist of 2-3 characters. I'll explain later how you know if you get 2 or 3.
  • Morals on, in character.
  • Standard Equipment.
  • Existing relationships play a role, but your characters primary goal is to eliminate the other team and will work with the other characters, but characters with established teamwork, will do a better job of this.
  • There will be limited prep, but it is completely limited to strategy meetings. Nothing to make your team any better then standard.
  • The first round is going to limit your post count to three posts for you and three for your opponent. The first round is going to be 16 separate matches, and asking voters to read that much is probably not going to happen, so we will keep it short for them. I may limit post counts on the second round too.
  • You will be given no more then 3 days to get a post up after your opponent replies to you. If you're the first to post, then you have 3 days from creation of the match to get your post up. This is PLENTY of time, and you should be able to get it done much faster then that. Since this tourney is designed for everyone, including quite a few viners who are new to tourneys, I'm giving a bit extra time then I normally would. If this is going to be a problem for you (life happens), PM me and your opponent, and we can work something out.
  • Absolutely no low-balling, wanking, or being disrespectful. This is a tournament for fun, but also to help remember that there are real life soldiers that put their lives on the line day in and day out. Let's remember priorities here, and keep things respectful. This is fiction. If things get heated, I'll help moderate, and maybe call in a few people on here I consider to be experts to help sort things out. Don't lose your cool brah!

Team RED starts in RED BASE (WEST), Team BLUE starts in PURPLE BASE (EAST)
Team RED starts in RED BASE (WEST), Team BLUE starts in PURPLE BASE (EAST)

You're team has access to the exact map you see above and three hours of prep from within your bases. Please note in the rules that prep is limited strictly to strategy meetings. Nothing will be done but looking at this map, talking, and getting to know the characters on your team.

Here's a link for a video for map reference if you'd like: Battle Creek Map (ignore any weapon or vehicle pickups)

Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation.

Extra Perk for Soldiers and Veterans

No Caption Provided

If you are currently a soldier or a veteran from any military, you can pick one perk. Please be honest.

1. Full knowledge of other team
  2. Perfect Teamwork
  3. Unlimited Ammo
ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ssj_god

@stardustcrusader

sorry for the delay.. my internet connection acting funny for few days..

ok.. here's an intro of my team

white dino ranger

No Caption Provided

bio:

trent mercer accidentally found the white dino gem... and the power selected him as it's wielder. but the power was so great, that he got consumed in it.. and the white dino gem started controlling him. he started challenging other rangers, but the white ranger proved to be a team buster to the other rangers.. he quite effortlessly defeated all the rangers together. seeing how powerful he is, messegog (the main antagonist of the series) tried to recruit him.. after some failures, he finally succeeded in recruiting him.. and white ranger quickly became the top on messegog's side by defeating all other generals of messegog in one on one duels... afterwards he defeated the rangers quite a few times, but never finished them off despite messegog's orders, because it was against his warrior spirit... soon other generals started to envy and hating him.. and soon after that, trent regained his control over the white dino power and he finally joined the ranger's side.

but white ranger's power was too good for messegog to let him go.... they somehow succeeded in copying his powers and making a clone of him... after that, there were two white rangers, one good (the original one) and one evil (the clone).. soon the clone became fed up from being in the shadows of the white ranger and challenged him to a one on one duel so that only one white ranger could exist... trent defeated his clone and destroyed it.. soon after that the rangers destroyed messegog and his army, and every ranger lost their powers in the process

powers and abilities:

non ranger mode power:

dino gem grants it's wielder one power which could be used when they are not in ranger mode... for trent, it was the power of camouflaging himself.. this ability does not work in the ranger mode

No Caption Provided

ranger mode abilities:

physical abilities

strength and durability:

rangers becomes unbelievably strong in the ranger mode.. they can withstand heavy blows, ranger suit works like armors (though it looks like fancy dress costume).. but the body never get cut from blades.. and their strength exponentially increases

No Caption Provided

speed:

white dino ranger is the fastest person in the series... he have got super speed.. and he's not shy to use it (one of the reasons of him being so powerful).. others becomes quite helpless when he uses his super speed.

No Caption Provided

jump:

he's able to jump incredibly high using his speed

No Caption Provided

reaction:

well, nothing surprising.. he's got speed.. so he's easily able to deflect bullets or laser type of projectiles with his sword.. he can even deflect them back to the opponent

No Caption Provided

skill:

he is a skilled warrior... even without using his speed or other abilities, he have defeated the rangers and the generals quite a few times with his sheer skills as a warrior

No Caption Provided

powers

drago sword:

his sword is special..it works in many different ways other than direct hit.

he is able to create and fire laser arrows with it

No Caption Provided

he can shoot lightning kind of laser from it

No Caption Provided

his strongest attack with the sword is the Z strike.. it is so powerful that it has one shotted even the toughest enemies of him.... however.. it probably takes power from the dino gem .. and he have only used it once in any fight (don't know if he can use it more than once or not.. but as he hasn't in the series.. so i can't use it here either)

No Caption Provided

dino gem energy drain..... he can drain opponent's energy if he's able to touch them or their weapon with the dino morpher

No Caption Provided

super dino mode:

this is a power up for the dino rangers.. spikes and blades comes out from them .. and their states rises

super dino mode
super dino mode

in this mode, their strength and durability increases

here red ranger gets blasted out with lasers

No Caption Provided

after he gets to super dino mode, he shrugs off the same laser strikes

well .. trent's super dino mode's special abilities are,

he can fly close to the ground and pierce through his opponent in this mode

No Caption Provided

and he can turn two blades of his hands into power whips and attack enemy from long range

No Caption Provided

robocop

No Caption Provided

bio:

officer alex j. murphy died during his duty.. then he was selected for the experimental cyborg super soldier project.. his body was heavily damaged.. only his brain, and lungs and right palm were the things which could be saved

robocop without the armor
robocop without the armor

then in the robocop project, he was infused with the 'suit'... it is made of titanium laminated kevler and the rest of the body being made of titanium... he has all sorts of machinery in his body.. his visual is like telescopic vision with super scanning... and he's armed with lots and lots of weapons.. he has his independent link with the satellite gps system and police files to access.

physical abilities:

strength:

he's a titanium armored walking tank... he can push weights in tons.... he can easily crush any humal being with his strength

here he uplifts a car easily

No Caption Provided

durability:

able to withstand high caliber machine fires, grenade blasts etc. quite easily

No Caption Provided

speed:

this has been the issue for robocop since his creation.. until the recent 2014 movie.. it gave him quite a bit of boost in the department of speed

now he can dodge bullet speed easily

No Caption Provided

accuracy:

he's deadly accurate.. never misses a target, and always gives a head shot no matter how many are there

No Caption Provided

weapons:

he have got many weapons.. i'll get into details in my later posts.. but here are the summery

Robocop carries guns designed for him and is equipped with enhanced reflexes, speed and strength, visual and auditory capabilities.

RoboCop holstering weapon

• Auto-9 - RoboCop's primary weapon; it is a 9mmhandgun with a large barrel extension that fires in three-round bursts.[9] The sidearm is stored in a mechanical holster which opens out of RoboCop's right thigh.[4] The prop for the weapon is a modifiedBeretta 93R.[9] Though unnamed in the films, The Series referenced the Auto-9 by name and added that the main version of the weapon was modified so that no one but RoboCop could actually fire it.[10] In Prime Directives, it could fire various types of ammunition which RoboCop could select at any given time.
  • Cobra Assault Cannon - The Cobra Assault Cannon used in RoboCop could fire explosive rounds equivalent to that of a grenade launcher and is based on the Barrett M82A1 anti-materiel rifle.[4]
  • Machine gun/rocket launcher - This weapon made its appearance in RoboCop 3 and was never referenced by name other than being called a "weapon arm" in promotional action figures, and a "gun arm" by the production team. To use it, RoboCop removes his left hand and replaces it with the weapon assembly. It contains a 9mm Calico M960, a flamethrower and a small missile launcher with a projectile potent enough to destroy an armored vehicle.
  • Flightpack/recharging station - A large jetpack that allows RoboCop to fly. It also doubles as a replenishing system for when RoboCop's battery system is low on power. As seen in RoboCop 3, the jetpack allows Murphy to overcome his relatively limited mobility for tactical advantage in combat. Referred to in the film as a "flightpack" and by production as a "jetpack," some Japanese schematics also mention "Gyropack" as a name.
  • Mini-gun/cannon - This weapon appears in Frank Miller's RoboCop comic book and was originally meant to be RoboCop's arm cannon prior to the final product inRoboCop 3.
  • Data spike - RoboCop's data spike is a sharp, spike-like device that protrudes from Robocop's right fist. This device can be used by Robocop to interface with a corresponding data port in order to download information from the police database and compare information he's gathered from his missions with the police database. Not actually a weapon, this device was also used to take out Clarence Boddicker; having pinned RoboCop under a pile of scrap metal, the cyborg waited for Boddicker to approach and then stabbed Boddicker in the throat, killing the crime lord. The spike does not make an appearance in the second, but it is used by RoboCop in the third film to access the OCP mainframe where he finds that a young girl's parents have been eliminated. It also appears regularly throughout the RoboCop: The Series.
  • Explosives - In RoboCop: The Series, unidentified explosive devices were equipped in Robocop's left thigh holster, and adhere to metallic surfaces. When armed, they can be detonated by weapons-fire, and are used primarily to remove barricades and other obstacles.
  • Ramset/Rambolt - In RoboCop: The Series, RoboCop came with a Ramset/Rambolt function, wherein he can anchor himself to the spot by deploying a pair of retractable bolts out of the bottom of each foot. When anchored in place, RoboCop is able to stop a colliding car in its tracts. Whilst this function is called 'Ramset' in its first two appearances, in ep. #03 "Officer Missing", & #04 "What Money Can't Buy", in all its following appearances its called 'Rambolt'.

perception:

RoboCop's vision has an internal zoom capability for better aim as well as tracking (shown at the beginning of the following video). RoboCop also has different vision modes but the only one that has been used in the movies was thermal vision in RoboCop and RoboCop 3. His systems use a grid which is crucial to RoboCop's targeting as well as bullet trajectory (allowing him to make ricochet shots), though apparently the targeting reticle of RoboCop is internal to him, as seen in the first movie. As seen in RoboCop 2, RoboCop's programming prevents him from targeting children, which allowed Hob to shoot RoboCop and escape the Nuke drug lab. He also has a recorder which can detect voice fluctuations and stress as well as play back audio/visual. This recording capability enables RoboCop to document any situation he encounters with perfect recall and unbiased neutrality, with his memory being deemed through legal agreement as admissible evidence in a court of law. As seen in RoboCop 2, RoboCop possesses a directional microphone with which he can track conversations from a distance. It would seem to be very sensitive, as he can hear vehicles approaching from afar despite being indoors (as he did when he was hiding out in RoboCop 3). In the television series, he is capable of lie detection by means of a polygraph.

now.. this is a short clip of robocop... see how his movement speed has improved

Loading Video...

this is the sum up of my team... over to you

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ssj_god: Good intro.

Mamoru

swaggie
swaggie

Mamoru Hijikata, the blind swordsmen who isn't always blind, Mamoru is a remarkable swordsmen with somewhat relaxed morals. He is known for his demonic nature, skill and overall stamina. While he doesn't posses superhuman strength or durability he more then makes up for it with his speed, reactions, and enhanced senses.

In short: He's a badass.

Skill

As I've already mentioned, Mamoru is known for his skills. From the underground of Tokyo to battlefields of Ghana, Blade's(this his nickname that I'll be using from now on) is both admired and feared throughout, even earning him a 100 million dollar bounty.

The honing of said skills was a grueling process as shown in his training regiments and his overall natural talents with the sword.

1-4: The scans display his training from age 10-18

He has a plethora of feat that proves martial skill with the blade obviously I could go on and on about it, but I'm quite confident I don't have to prove much, since I'm quite confident your character doesn't have an once of martial skill and skills is always a difficult thing to debate.

I will show these scans that will be you a good Idea of how good his is.

From the scans you can gather:

• His swift movements
  • His speed that was able cross a decent distanced in a instant
  • And slight of hand and timing for his blade to drop.

(like I said a hard thing to prove)

He is also immensely precise being able to sever a man's throat, not an effort to kill him, but to actually just omit his ability to speak.

Speed

When dealing with his his it's more of a case of Quality over quantity. Meaning that Mamoru doesn't really possess many speed feats, due to the fact that half the manga he was just fighting nameless lackeys(he has only recently started to go against formidable foes.

Though from the only speed feat he has you can gauge that Blade moves blatantly faster then the human eye

1-3: Blade and his opponent instantly disappear from their battle spectators sights. There are a few others but this is the best.

Reflexes/Enhanced Senses

Blade's sense and reflexes are honestly the only superhuman quality he posses. He is blatantly able to cut pistol fire right after it has been shoot. As shown in the scans, below.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And while he admits machine gun fire is out of his league, he has shown to be able to deflect single shots from them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His senses are also impressive. As the old cliche goes, "when you lose your sight, your other sense compensates" it's especially true for Blade. Like literally, seconds after losing his sight his sense of touch increased enough for him to still battle opponents that gave him problems when he had vision.

Gear

Finally what is the swordsman without the sword. Blade welds a sword that is able to several molecular bonds allowing to him to cut though d*** near anything.

No Caption Provided

Now I can show literally, hundreds of scans of him cutting though brick, iron,and steel all day,but instead I'll show this:

No Caption Provided

In his fight *reference back to my speed scans* Blade was able to severally damage an arm coated with titanium, and ceramic armor that was made to specifically stop bullets.

He also posses 10 throwing knives, and ultra sonic shades that allow him to see.

Guts

No Caption Provided

Guts possesses amazing strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with a band of mercenaries. Guts is seen by many as the personification of endurance and human willpower. He has engaged and successfully triumphed against many human opponents such as Bazuso, Zondark and Boscogn. However his greatest battles are against the horrific beings known as Apostles, who can transform into giant demons easily surpassing groups hundreds of men.

Loading Video...

Lets Start with the the 96 fight that show more speed and strength feats

• 1:00-1:07 Right as the spears had all touch each other Guts had already jumped and killed one of the spearsmen
  • 2:07-2:10 Samson's giant mace had easily destroyed a Tree and small boulder Skip to 2:27 and not only does Guts easily reflect it but he doing so while protecting Caska and while already injured.
  • 3:51 One Swing and he completely destroyed the steel mace
  • 4:04 Not only does Guts cut though the think metal shield,at also cut though the mans helmet
  • 4:57-5:29 Guts easily cutting though several well armed/armored men with one slash each
  • 5:40-5:46 Guts doges a barrage of arrows(not bullet I know but still)
  • 6:15-8:12 While Critically Injured he continues to easily dodge and One shop the fully armored men Killing 100 of them

*note* This is Guts at his absolute weakest, the Guts i'm using could actually one shot him self from the time.

Edward Elric

No Caption Provided

Due to him trying to revive his mother, Edward Elric, and his brother Alphonse, saw the truth. The truth is a doorway that allowed Edward to perform alchemy without any preparation. What is alchemy? It's, in the FMA universe, the ability to recreate and destroy most solid or liquid matter. He is also trained in Hand 2 Hand combat.

Intro's are done let start.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ssj_god: I'm going through reminding everyone to get their post up so we can get this tourney back on track. Please post again soon.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@ssj_god: I'm going through reminding everyone to get their post up so we can get this tourney back on track. Please post again soon.

i am writing it right now

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssj_god

@stardustcrusader@thatguywithheadphones

ok.. lets start with the strategy.. but first up, i want to clarify something

He has a plethora of feat that proves martial skill with the blade obviously I could go on and on about it, but I'm quite confident I don't have to prove much, since I'm quite confident your character doesn't have an once of martial skill and skills is always a difficult thing to debate.

well .. robocop is a shot at sight kinda guy, so yeah i will agree on him not having martial skills, but you're wrong about trent... you see, the thing is, every rangers are certified martial artists.. it is true that it is difficult thing to debate and compare skills, specially when u're using manga/anime character, and i'm using live action series character, but you can get the idea of the skills he's meant to bear in the series.

you see, as i mentioned before, white dino ranger is a proud warrior.... he outclasses all the other rangers and generals by a considerable margin in skills.. and have constantly beaten them throughout the series .. he's the bad@$$ of the series... and on top of his superior martial skills, as a ranger, his strength and durability is higher than any peak human, not to mention his far superior speed and reflex. he deflects and even reflects back laser shots against him.. it is very hard to challenge him in a martial arts fight even without his powers.

i'll get even deeper with his skills later,.. but here's a little video for the trailer of it (ignore the other dude whose clips were edited with trent)

Loading Video...

now lets move on to the strategy

strategy

it's quite simple... during prep time, robocop will download the map into his memory, and trent will memorize it well... and as both of my characters stays always connected to their team through microphone in their helmet, so they'll be connected to one another here too..

as soon as battle starts, trent will hide himself and keep watch for the enemy.. he can do it quite well, as he have done it quite few times in the past. he'll use camouflage time to time too whenever your members gets close to his hiding place

and robocop will scan the entire area with his advanced stimulation scanning system as soon as the battle begins

No Caption Provided

so he'll know your members exact location and what they're carrying with them right away.. from seeing what your members carrying, it's not hard at all to figure out your team specialized in close combat... so robocop will focus on maintaining the distance

he'll jump up to the top of our facility (where my team is starting)... jumping up there is not a big deal for robocop

No Caption Provided

from the roof top, he'll keep scanning and watching your members position and will keep feeding trent with the information..

as soon as your members come into sight in the field, robocop will open fire.. he'll keep his distance. if your members tries to close up on him, he'll use his jet pack and fly up the air to maintain a distance

No Caption Provided

he can tank anything you throw from long range... he eats light machine gun fires all day long without a scratch

No Caption Provided

and he have enough ammo to keep firing at your guys with machine guns all day long with spot on accuracy

Loading Video...

if they dodges few rounds or deflects... he can just keep firing at them until they gets full of bullet holes..

if any of your members manages to tank machine gun bullet hits, then he can always use his grenade launcher, or better yet, his firearm to launch rockets

No Caption Provided

your members are toast in front of a full on artillery attack like that...

and as soon as your members gets badly injured and reduced in number, white ranger will sudden attack on them with full speed fury.... i can see your members are crumbling down in this one pretty badly....

No Caption Provided

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By godzilla44

@thatguywithheadphones Hey do you mind posting soon it's been 3 three days since your opponents last post and we need to get the first round moving more quickly.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssj_god
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Wow, umm. SSJ God stomps due to lack of posting by his opponent.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@ssj_god: Wow, umm. SSJ God stomps due to lack of posting by his opponent.

lol .. thanks for the vote though