Space Wolves v Dark Angels WH40k

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chaos Prime

Battle takes place on Fenris (image below) homeworld to the Space Wolves Marine Chapter.

In the Space Wolves corner are-

Logan Grimnar

Njal Stormcaller

& 20 Space Wolves Space Marines.

& for the Dark Angels we have-

Azrael

Ezekiel

& 30 Dark Angels Space Marines.

All characters have their usual Gear/Weapons for this encounter.

Teams start 5 miles apart but have full info on each other & are already to die for their Chapter.

No outside help for either side..

Who wins?

EDIT - Dark Angels now have 30 Space Marines to even things out.

No Caption Provided

V

No Caption Provided
Place of Battle
Place of Battle
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Funny thing is this actually happens regularly in cannon. There's a tournament thing every year between the Dark Angels and Space Wolves due to Lion El Jonson fighting and KOing Leman Russ.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ferro Vida

If the Dark Angels set up a solid perimeter and keep the space wolves at a distance then they can win. Space Wolves as masters at melee combat, and they have the home-field advantage right now. I will back them for the majority.

Primarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Primarch

I'd side with Wolves due to Logan, he's one of, if not the most dangerous, Chapter Masters.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Strider92 said:

Funny thing is this actually happens regularly in cannon. There's a tournament thing every year between the Dark Angels and Space Wolves due to Lion El Jonson fighting and KOing Leman Russ.

the bad blood between these two chapters goes way back as u mentioned.

The DA do have a 2 man adavantage here that imo they are going to need for the reasons u mentioned.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Primarch said:

I'd side with Wolves due to Logan, he's one of, if not the most dangerous, Chapter Masters.

he is & some say he even could take out the Great Calgar..

Thats one battle i would love to see :)

Back to the battle, imo a 2 man adavantage may not seem alot but when its 2 Space Marines imo it does even itself out..

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ferro Vida

I would have slightly more to contribute if the people involved were Chaos Space Marines. As they at not all I can really say is that they are all colossally tough to kill. A rundown of the gear they have would be useful. @Chaos: Leman Russ > Lion El Jonson ;)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chaos Prime

will start adding links to the names if my PC doesnt crash on me!!!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@Chaos Prime: Well here's how I see it. Azrael theoretically should be a match for Logan. He has absurd standard gear (some of it even used by Lion himself) but he has no real combat feats. So while we can speculate that as a chapter master he must be pretty damn good at fighting Logan has numerous confirmed combat feats. So going by that I have to give Grimnar the win as I can only speculate what Azrael is capable of.

With regards to Njal Vs Ezekiel this is quite hard to predict. Njal has more raw warp power (which is evident by how devastating it is even when not controlled) but Ezekiel has more skill when using it. I'm going to give the win to Njal simply because he has terminator armor and Ezekiel doesn't. That extra durability should give him the win as in a combat situation they are neck and neck. Terminator armor adds that little extra durability.

So Space Wolves should win this.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida

Can space marines with psyker powers use said powers unfettered? @Chaos: much obliged.

Primarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Primarch

@Chaos Prime said:

@Primarch said:

he is & some say he even could take out the Great Calgar..

Thats one battle i would love to see :)

Back to the battle, imo a 2 man adavantage may not seem alot but when its 2 Space Marines imo it does even itself out..

I completely believe Logan is superior to Calgar. Personally I was never impressed by Calgar, I've always thought Tigurius would make a more impressive leader for the Ultramarines.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Ferro Vida said:

I would have slightly more to contribute if the people involved were Chaos Space Marines. As they at not all I can really say is that they are all colossally tough to kill. A rundown of the gear they have would be useful. @Chaos: Leman Russ > Lion El Jonson ;)

Links up now with full details :)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@Ferro Vida said:

Can space marines with psyker powers use said powers unfettered?

Not normally but both Ezekiel and Njal have psychic hoods as their standard gear. These are arcane pieces of technology that prevent daemons entering their minds when they tap into their warp/psychic abilities. Without one of these most psykers run a risk but these two both have the hoods.

So to answer your question yes. They can both use their abilities without any sort of handicap.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chaos Prime

Nice breakdown of the battle there :)

Imo the DA will play it smart & try to keep the battle at range for aslong as possible, thats when Ezekiel should be at his most dangerous.

Yea? gotta say been a fan of Calgar for years lol

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida

@chaos: you are a gentleman and a scholar. @strider: thanks! Following that train of thought I agree on the outcome. If they can use their powers without restraint then the one capable of greater output and greater damage reduction is more likely to win. Unless someone were to summon a bloodthirster, which would make this a little more interesting.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@Ferro Vida said:

@strider: thanks! Following that train of thought I agree on the outcome. If they can use their powers without restraint then the one capable of greater output and greater damage reduction is more likely to win. Unless someone were to summon a bloodthirster, which would make this a little more interesting.

That would be hilarious to see. I can just imagine one of the two Librarian's doing that and then both teams of Space Marine's turning on that one guy for being a heretic.

@Ferro Vida said:

Leman Russ > Lion El Jonson ;)

I will pretend I did not see that!!!

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chaos Prime

For sure the Dark Angels will be at their best due to Ezekiel being in the battle with his Holy Book.

no problem :)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida

Oh Hell, Space Wolves hate Psyker enough as it is. But a Psyker AND a heretic in their own ranks? That would not go over well. Also, pretend all you want, but that just happened :p

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@Ferro Vida said:

Also, pretend all you want, but that just happened :p

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the awesomeness that is El'Jonson!:

Come at meuh brah!?
Come at meuh brah!?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ferro Vida

This isn't over! I will come atchu once I'm at a computer.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strider92: @Chaos Prime:

@Ferro Vida said:

I would have slightly more to contribute if the people involved were Chaos Space Marines. As they at not all I can really say is that they are all colossally tough to kill. A rundown of the gear they have would be useful.

@Chaos: Leman Russ > Lion El Jonson ;)

Im going to break this down as I see it.

Logan vs Azrael. Logan has better gear and overall impressive feats of Leader ship holding out against Angron and the Khorn Army of Armegeddon's First War.

Stormcaller has more Raw power and can solo the Squad of DAs by himself. He also has better Gear tho Ezekial has a ace in Mind Worm to one shot anyone in a single one on one.

Finaly the only advantgae of DAs cant be used here. No RW or DW. So we have avaerage Space Marines vs Space Wolves superior Grey Hunters and more Numerous Blood Claws.

Its undefine if were using Blood Claws (Be more fair) or Grey Hunters (More Experiance and better in CC than Average Space Marines) that truly added to the superior Leader and Librariun make Space Wolves the Duuuh choice.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chaos Prime

as per norm great input there :)

back to the battle..Wouldnt the DA all of them regardless of rank be at their peak because Ezekiel has his book of salvation? & in this encounter they do have the extra numbers.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

@Chaos Prime: Then they barely match Grey Hunters. Njal and Logan are also still superior to the other 2 Characters.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chaos Prime

@CadenceV2 said:

@Chaos Prime: Then they barely match Grey Hunters. Njal and Logan are also still superior to the other 2 Characters.

Dam it!!!!!!!!!

Doing an edit Lol

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strider1992

@CadenceV2 said:

Well to be fair Azrael should be a match for Logan due to his standard gear and the fact that he's chapter master but he doesn't have the feats to back it up and Njal only takes a slim majority over Ezekiel.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Well to be fair Azrael should be a match for Logan due to his standard gear and the fact that he's chapter master but he doesn't have the feats to back it up and Njal only takes a slim majority over Ezekiel.

Its not the battle with Eziekiel that makes Njal superior. Its the fact Njal can wipe out 2-3 squads of Marines with his Psy Attacks.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@Chaos Prime: I think changing the 2 Dark Angel Hero's for Belial (DA Grand Master) and Zahariel El'Zurias (DA Librarian) would even the odds. They both have good combat feats. Belial is praised as being a tactical genius when it comes to combat so he might be able to even the odds and Zahariel is one really really scary S.O.B when it comes to warp powers.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist

Add in some Raven Guard (10 bikes) and Deathwing (5 Termies) vs 10 Grey Hunters and 15 Blood Claws would be interesting :)

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Strider92 said:

@Chaos Prime: Zahariel El'Zurias (DA Librarian) would even the odds.

Someones read The Descent of Angels I see :p. I think Zahariel might be in a league above Njal both in combat and in warp ability.