Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Limitless82
No Caption Provided

The 300 Spartan warriors (Zack Snyder's 300) took up their defence position by the Hot Gate bottleneck location (as seen in the film), as waves of Lord of Rings armies (movie version) charges at them and tries to get pass. Can they hold or will they perish?

Perfect Spartan teamwork. Standard knowledge. Gears quality equalised. Standard gears but no riders or bows/cross-bows of any kind.

ROUND 1:

Casualty accepted, so long as even if just ONE spartan survives after TOTAL ELIMINATION of each wave, it count as a win and the whole group re-spawn.

FULLY HEALED between the waves.

THE WAVES: (edited on 25/10: since overwhelming consensus from the viners felt that Dwarves should be above Uruk Hai, I am switching their wave positions accordingly)

1. 300 Rohan soldiers.

2. 300 Orcs.

3. 300 Uruk Hai.

4. 300 Dwarves.

5. 300 Elves (no cloaking).

6. 100 trolls.

ROUND 2:

ONLY 100 soldiers PER WAVE and 30 trolls for last wave.

BUT Injuries and casualty sustains, NO HEALING, NO RE-SPAWNING between waves.

How long can they endure and survive, before the very last Spartan is overwhelmed?

In case anyone forget the battle prowess and teamwork of the Spartans, here is a quick reminder clip.

If you enjoy army gauntlets :-)

LOTR invade DCEU -- army gauntlet

LOTR invades MCU -- army gauntlet

Fox Sentinels invade DCEU -- army gauntlet

Fox Sentinels invade MCU -- army gauntlet

DCEU Amazonians run a LOTR army gauntlet

Snyder's 300 defend against MCU/DCEU/monster gauntlet

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking 3, Dwarves were damn hearty evidenced in Hobbit, yes I know we are using LOTR.

Red_Leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 max, Uruk Hai are really skilled.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Limitless82

@green_skaar said:

I'm thinking 3, Dwarves were damn hearty evidenced in Hobbit, yes I know we are using LOTR.

Yes using Hobbit trilogy feats are fine :-) And yeah standard dwarves are fair bit stronger than peak humans which the Spartans are, but the Spartans can put up a pretty tough shield wall, quite agile in combat and with range weapon in the form of long spears (which can be toss them as javalins), plus teamwork discipline, all of which could argubly act as counter to the brutality of hearty dwarves?

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think dwarves should be above the Uruk Hai, specially if they are rallying to their king... Anyway, they don't get past 3, but if they somehow do, they do win over the Uruk Hai and get shitstomped by the elves.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_leader: mmm I remember uruk hai are pretty huge, strong and durable, what skill feats did they have though?

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could possibly stop at the Dwarves though I am not sure and are definitively massacred by the elves.

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clear

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can stop at 2 , depends on wich type of orc , there are diferwnces . Stop at dwarfes , dwarfes shous be above uruk hais.

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By G_Race

Stop at 3 Dwarves are like mortal versions of Honey Badger-Wolverines. Those Kids are way to hearty/stubborn/& mean. Also, I agree the dwarves should be above the Uruk Hai due to extreme team work unification advantage. Also I would put the Rohan soldiers above the orcs (better gear/bigger/loyalty to the cause & Horses (if it is part of their standard gear)

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

stop at the dwarves who just have the right armor and equipment for the job and the Dwarves should probably be above the Uruk-Hai if the Iron Hill Dwarves are any indication but i could see arguments for either way

they most certainly do not clear 100 Trolls will absolutely slaughter them

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By miekskywalker

Since there aren't that many wouldnt the Spartans kill a lot with their spear throws by the time they even reach melle distance

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masma94: @lucano: I remember elf soldiers are quite fast and agile, but how strong and skilled are they? and how will they get pass the Spartan combo of spear-shield-wall?

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrviking said:

can stop at 2 , depends on wich type of orc , there are diferwnces . Stop at dwarfes , dwarfes shous be above uruk hais.

oh are there? what are the stats of the stronger Orcs?

I have revised the wave order, and now have the dwarves above Uruk Hais, do you think the Spartans can clear the Uruk Hais?

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since there aren't that many wouldnt the Spartans kill a lot with their spear throws by the time they even reach melle distance

Yes that is a very good point. And the Spartans still have their swords for melee after the hail of spears.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies how far do you think the spartans can get in this gauntlet?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies how far do you think the spartans can get in this gauntlet?

I think they stop at Dwarves.

Their armor, shields, low stature, and war experience should keep them safe from range.

The main reason I think the Dwarves can win is because their weapons are usually heavy af; they carry the type of weapons that are ment for breaking shield lines, along with the skill to use them.

Also with full armor its going to take a lot to put a Dwarf down.

------

It will be a tough battle as the Spartans are incredibly skilled; but Dwarves have near equal skill, and are a bit stronger.

Plus their short size, running around the legs of the Spartans would be funny and a tactical advantage; methinks.

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrviking said:

oh are there? what are the stats of the stronger Orcs?

I have revised the wave order, and now have the dwarves above Uruk Hais, do you think the Spartans can clear the Uruk Hais?

Yep , eg:. Orcs of gundabad

Nope , they have no chance against uruk hais.

Dwarfes are really strong if they make shield wall for example .

Avatar image for crawlerwing_night
CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwarves can make a shield wall of their own and approach. They aren’t mindless idiots who’ll just charge in. They also displayed much higher skill, coordination, teamwork, and dexterity than any Spartan. Not to mention being stronger physically all-around.

Avatar image for crawlerwing_night
CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwarves can make a shield wall of their own and approach. They aren’t mindless idiots who’ll just charge in. They also displayed much higher skill, coordination, teamwork, and dexterity than any Spartan. Not to mention being stronger physically all-around.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Stop at the dwarves. Propably less skilled but way better equiped and equally disciplined.

Round 2: Propably dwarves as well.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Limitless82

@death4bunnies: I have just rewatched the extended cut of 5 Armies clash scenes on youtube and yeah, you are right, the dwerves are very well equipped and pretty tough. If the Spartans got good body armors like them then maybe they can scrap a win with their reach advantage, but in their current state more likely to lose.

How far do you think they can get in round 2?

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3 or 4

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lucano

@limitless82: Are we debating cinematic Tolkien Elfs' skill? Please go rewatch TLOTR and The Hobbit's trilogies. Sure, Legolas is an outlier, but in general they were pretty skilled and strong, they only lost and died when they were hopelessly outnumbered.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Spartans also displayed excellent skill, coordination, teamwork and dexterity.

Loading Video...

But yes, I do agree that Dwerves should be more superior due to their stats, gears and experiences (of fighting monsterous foes).

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Limitless82
@lucano said:

@limitless82: Are we debating cinematic Tolkien Elfs' skill? Please go rewatch TLOTR and The Hobbit's trilogies. Sure, Legolas is an outlier, but in general they were pretty skilled and strong, they only lost and died when they were hopelessly outnumbered.

I am not debating against it, just curious that is all since it has been a while since I last seen the movies. :-) Anyway how far do you think the Spartans can get in round two?

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: They stop at the trolls, tho, with the casualties from the previous fights, they might go down to the elves... For sure, the trolls, due to size and sheer strength.

ZackAttack14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome thread! I think the Elves would crush them. The Dwarves are a really good match up IMO. It think the Dwarves could take them as they are used to defensive combat such as defending against seiges themselves that maybe they could find a weakness in the Spartans defenses?

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zackattack14: yeah the dwerves have much better armors compares to the naked torso of spartans lol.

How long do you think they will survive in round 2 before get overwhelmed?

WillValentine2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WillValentine2

Only the Dwarves could win, and maybe at that

"Spartans what is your profession!?"