She-Hulk vs Daredevil (legal battle)

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By spider2dfly

not in terms of fighting abilities, but more of their skills in the legal system, who would you call to represent you in a court of law should you get yourself in trouble, say violating the Super-Human Registration Act?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Matt Murdock Attorney at Law. He can tell when people are lying making him the ultimate tool of the system

Avatar image for ben_doverand_taykit
Ben Doverand Taykit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Matt Murdock Attorney at Law. He can tell when people are lying making him the ultimate tool of the system "
But wouldn't him using that ability to detect lies be against the law thus resulting in his imprisonment as well as yours?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Jen Walters convinced the Living Tribunal not to replace the 616 universe with the ultimate universe. Jen absolutely wrecks Matt.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:

" Jen Walters convinced the Living Tribunal not to replace the 616 universe with the ultimate universe. Jen absolutely wrecks Matt. "

I don't see how that makes her a better Lawyer.You're basically giving her the win for being able to do something Matt hasn't had the opportunity to do. 

@Ben Doverand Taykit said:

" @Son_of_Magnus said:

" Matt Murdock Attorney at Law. He can tell when people are lying making him the ultimate tool of the system "
But wouldn't him using that ability to detect lies be against the law thus resulting in his imprisonment as well as yours? "
Why would Matt get arrested for knowing when people lie?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro: 

What I'm trying to say if that Matt had been good enough, he would have been given the opportunity.
Avatar image for ben_doverand_taykit
Ben Doverand Taykit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

" Jen Walters convinced the Living Tribunal not to replace the 616 universe with the ultimate universe. Jen absolutely wrecks Matt. "

I don't see how that makes her a better Lawyer.You're basically giving her the win for being able to do something Matt hasn't had the opportunity to do. 

" @Son_of_Magnus said:

But wouldn't him using that ability to detect lies be against the law thus resulting in his imprisonment as well as yours? "
Why would Matt get arrested for knowing when people lie? "
For him to reveal that he knows that the person is lying would mean revealing that he had powers which is illegal to use unless registered which I don't think he is(cant remember). And even if he did reveal it and  for whatever reason isn't arrested him saying the person(s) are lying wouldn't be counted as evidence because there is o actual evidence or proof that he is telling the truth.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro:   What I'm trying to say if that Matt had been good enough, he would have been given the opportunity. "
That's like saying Hank Pym is a better scientist than Reed because he was chosen as the Scientist Supreme when you know full well Reed's feats as far as the ability to create useful things for the situation is beyond what Pym has done.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro:   What I'm trying to say if that Matt had been good enough, he would have been given the opportunity. "
That's like saying Hank Pym is a better scientist than Reed because he was chosen as the Scientist Supreme when you know full well Reed's feats as far as the ability to create useful things for the situation is beyond what Pym has done. "
It's nothing like that whatsoever.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
That's like saying Hank Pym is a better scientist than Reed because he was chosen as the Scientist Supreme when you know full well Reed's feats as far as the ability to create useful things for the situation is beyond what Pym has done. "
It's nothing like that whatsoever. "
It's exactly like that.Matt as far as the court room has gotten half the super community out of jail.Jen is way behind.The Living Tribunal choosing her doesn't prove anything.The fact Living Tribunal was even planning to do that is a product of the ridiculousness of her book.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
It's exactly like that.Matt as far as the court room has gotten half the super community out of jail.Jen is way behind.The Living Tribunal choosing her doesn't prove anything.The fact Living Tribunal was even planning to do that is a product of the ridiculousness of her book. "
No, Reed Richards has superior intellect and feats to Pym. Whereas She-Hulk is busy defending the 616 universe, as opposed to half of the earth based superhuman community.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Matt's feat in the courtroom trump Jen's like Vance said the LT thing was just ridiculous on a Deadpool level

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
No, Reed Richards has superior intellect and feats to Pym. Whereas She-Hulk is busy defending the 616 universe, as opposed to half of the earth based superhuman community. "
Matt Murdock has superior intellect and feats to She-Hulk.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
No, Reed Richards has superior intellect and feats to Pym. Whereas She-Hulk is busy defending the 616 universe, as opposed to half of the earth based superhuman community. "
Matt Murdock has superior intellect and feats to She-Hulk. "
He certainly hasn't shown it.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Matezoide2

they both lose to Phoenix Wright :p

but betwen Jen and Matt? i go with Matt Murdock

@Vance Astro said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
It's exactly like that.Matt as far as the court room has gotten half the super community out of jail.Jen is way behind.The Living Tribunal choosing her doesn't prove anything.The fact Living Tribunal was even planning to do that is a product of the ridiculousness of her book. "

wich heroes Matt defended in court? i only know of Spider-Man
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
He certainly hasn't shown it. "
Of course he has.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
He certainly hasn't shown it. "
Of course he has. "
Not really
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
Not really "
No really..he has.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Anyone got courtroom scans?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Anyone got courtroom scans? "
I do.Hold on.
goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By goldenkey
" @Son_of_Magnus said:

not if he admit it., and they can't tell when he's lying.  Come to Chicago, we lie here all the time and get away with it.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: Good finds Vance I have a scan of him using his super powers in court which gives him a good edge
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Son_of_Magnus said:
Matt Murdock Attorney at Law. He can tell when people are lying making him the ultimate tool of the system
a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By a88378438

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Those scans are from an upgraded She-Hulk and have nothing to do with her ability to win cases in the legal system.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spidey 15
@a88378438: How are these scans relevant to the thread? :)
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Matt
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CaptainRodgers

LOL at those ridiculous scans, there good she hulk scans fair enough but not applicable in any way,shape or form to thecourt room.

I would say Matt , not a huge fan of either but i've read a couple comics where they are doing legal stuf and to me t would appear Matt is  better , although this isnt a fully informed opinion

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By katanalauncher
@Son_of_Magnus said:
@Vance Astro: Good finds Vance I have a scan of him using his super powers in court which gives him a good edge
No Caption Provided
LMAO, that's where his own powered was used against him! 
That guy is actually lying, but he have a pacemaker to regulate his heartbeat. 
Matt solely trusting his powered and it end up backfired on him.  
(Sorry I'm quoting this a year later)
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't see how those scans were relevant??

Anyways Matt

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@katanalauncher: Don't apologize, I was gonna do the same thing :? / 
was just gonna take longer cause I was gonna go look for the issue and post the pic.....
chaosamoeba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chaosamoeba

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was just thinking about this question recently myself. I think Matt holds a slight edge, but I believe it depends largely on the nature of what they're arguing and the nature of the jury.

-------------------

On the one hand, I think some of Matt's "advantages are a bit over-stated. Daredevil can tell when someone is lying. However, there are many cases in which there is no one lying. For example, imagine a case where a hero is on trial for reckless endangerment. In this case, the hero may truly believe that s/he took sufficient precautions to protect the injured party. The injured party may truly believe that the hero did not. Such a case comes down to how the jury interprets the actions, not on what people are saying.

Also, while Daredevil can read the heartbeat of the jury, this is (over-)compensation for She-Hulk's ability to see the jury. Using either sight or sound to assess the jury's mood is prone to error. For example, a juror's heart rate might increase because they feel angry at the defendant or angry that the defendant is being accused. Daredevil is probably better at reading the jury; however, knowing the mood of the jury only gets you so far. You still need to convince the jury of your perspective.

-------------------

On the other hand, She-Hulk's role on the Magistrati also doesn't imply that she's a good lawyer. The Magistrati act as judges. This suggests that she has a good sense of right and wrong (and credibly a better sense of right and wrong than Matt does). However, knowing what is right and wrong doesn't mean you're good at convincing people of what is right and wrong. It helps, but it's not sufficient.

-------------------

Both of their respective talents (powered or implied) are similar to "necessary but insufficient" tools for a great lawyer. I think Daredevil's advantages hold a slight edge over She-Hulks. However, there are three other points I would note.

First, Daredevil in general comes across as a more professional lawyer than She-Hulk does. I'll use this to assume that Daredevil treats the practice of law more seriously -- although I may be over-interpreting it. In this case, when a courtroom issue comes down to the letter of the law, I think Daredevil holds a strong advantage.

Second, Daredevil acknowledges that the law is morally gray, however the She-Hulk was given a position of "judge" on the Magistrati. Having a strong sense of right and wrong can actually be counterproductive as a lawyer as it can prevent you from acting in your client's best interest. For example, Matt was willing to defend someone who he admitted and believed was guilty of the crime for which the defendant was accused of. Proper procedure should have required Daredevil to recuse himself of the case.

Third, She-Hulk probably has the advantage in terms of swaying the jury emotionally. Despite Daredevil's better read on the jury's emotions, I think She-Hulk has demonstrated a better finesse in terms of manipulating other people's emotions. She does this deliberately when she goes to trial as She-Hulk instead of Jennifer Lawrence, and she demonstrates this side of her in her interactions with Hercules in the scan that was seemingly irrelevant. If a trial comes down to how the jury feels about the case (which, truth be told, is probably truer than we would like it to be). I think She-Hulk can be more convincing.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Matt nerve strikes her paperwork, they become ineffective. Murdock wins.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lady_liberty

None of those scans of Matt were impressive at all. He just seems like a normal lawyer who is blind and aware of the heart rates of the jury.

Being aware of their heart rate is only a compensation for not being able to see them and read their body language. Being able to see them would probably be better then being aware of heart rates.

Unless She Hulk is an poor lawyer, or a above average one I would say this contest would come down to the merits of the case. Whoever has the majority of the evidence, and sympathy on their side should win.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jeanroygrant

She-Hulk.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#37  Edited By TheCannon

I say She-Hulk. Could be wrong though.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Matt Murdock ALLDAY!!!!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Matt.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends am I human a mutant a villain or a hero or a god?

As a human, Matt, his managed to keep his job and fight crime, she hulks a but flakey.

Mutant, I'd go for Jen she has a good track record,

Villain, I'd go to Mallory lol, otherwise daredevil

Hero or god I'd go to she hulk, her knowledge of superhuman law is specialist.

So it would all depend, but I'd love to see it in a film, I'd like to see Matt defend against Jen and win, before she goes on to become the she-hulk... Especially if its defending the leader like in Dan Slotts comics, I'd really enjoy that, stick the hulk in their and have an courtroom comedy drama / superhero movie, take the best bits of sensational she hulk and daredevil comics and make a fun film, keep it relatively low budget and make it a Christmas film.

waldoman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She hulk of course, because even the slimmest chance of bedding that goddess is worth going to jail for

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She hulk looks fiineeee

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers