Sentry VS Hunter Zolomon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok this may have been done before but i was wondering.

Sentry Standard form no Deathseed
Sentry Standard form no Deathseed

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules

• No opponent has knowledge on the other
  • Random ecounter
  • In character
  • starting 50 meters apart
  • No bfr
  • Fight takes place on our earth
  • Earth is indestructible
  • No leaving earth
NortonEk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zolomon easily.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm here just to watch where this will go.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

zoom

JeanGuedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom easy

Wally West>Barry Allen>Zoom>ReverseFlash>Jay or Bart?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By CitizenSentry

Post Deleted.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Zoom win this so easily? I don't think i know enough about him to say, but Sentry can be pretty beastly.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry becomes a better hero

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm just here for the Sentry brigade.

No Caption Provided

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

Zoom stomps

Zoom easy

Zoom should be above them all.

NortonEk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Zoom win this so easily? I don't think i know enough about him to say, but Sentry can be pretty beastly.

Because even flash not could touch it. Sentry is too slow to Zoom.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom wins.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nortonek said:
@silverrings said:

Because even flash not could touch it. Sentry is too slow to Zoom.

no ... btw this is a bait thread and has been done already to death... also zoom has been touched by many people including wally so this notion that he wouldn't be touched is just not true...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@newecho: Zoom only gets tagged when he's holding back against heroes, and even against Wally he made it very clear that he didn't really stand a chance if Hunter wanted him dead. Zoom doesn't know that Sentry is a hero, so he has no reason to hold back as he usually does.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Zoom only gets tagged when he's holding back against heroes, and even against Wally he made it very clear that he didn't really stand a chance if Hunter wanted him dead. Zoom doesn't know that Sentry is a hero, so he has no reason to hold back as he usually does.

just because a character says hey i can do this doesn't mean its consistent with his character. Wonder woman has tagged zoom many times with no reason for hunter to hold back. I mean if we want to play the if game then bob would just use he molecular control and destroy hunter but again not really what would happen.. Either way you and i both know this is a bait thread and you and I could probably make a thousand cases that have already been made in another thread. They are both plot devices...

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry won't even see him.

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Costy21

Zoom easy

Zoom is above Wally and thus making him above Barry

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 juiceboks  Moderator

@newecho said:
@juiceboks said:

just because a character says hey i can do this doesn't mean its consistent with his character. Wonder woman has tagged zoom many times with no reason for hunter to hold back. I mean if we want to play the if game then bob would just use he molecular control and destroy hunter but again not really what would happen.. Either way you and i both know this is a bait thread and you and I could probably make a thousand cases that have already been made in another thread. They are both plot devices...

I think you're missing the point of Zoom's character. He purposefully doesn't go all out against heroes because he wants to make them better, he can't do that if he speeds past them at every possible avenue. Wally himself has said that Zoom could and did outspeed him even while he was amped off of a few other speedsters, do you honestly believe Wonder Woman could tag someone like that if he was actually trying to avoid her? She's been blitzed by way slower characters, why would Zoom have any trouble fighting her? Sentry would be punched a thousand times before he even knew he was in a fight, and that's no exaggeration given his speed feats.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zoom roflstomps poor sentry

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:
@juiceboks said:

I think you're missing the point of Zoom's character. He purposefully doesn't go all out against heroes because he wants to make them better, he can't do that if he speeds past them at every possible avenue. Wally himself has said that Zoom could and did outspeed him even while he was amped off of a few other speedsters, do you honestly believe Wonder Woman could tag someone like that if he was actually trying to avoid her? She's been blitzed by way slower characters, why would Zoom have any trouble fighting her? Sentry would be punched a thousand times before he even knew he was in a fight, and that's no exaggeration given his speed feats.

No he wouldn't as he has fought wonder woman and she had no problems hitting him and defeating him. I do understand his character... You are also proving my point is that he is a plot machine just like bob is. To be fair bob is the bigger of the two plot movers..

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@newecho: ..because he held back and let her beat him. He had no troubles blitzing her in that fight and their other encounter along with Superman, and proved that if he wanted to he could have easily killed her. But that's not his intention, it has never has been. He's not a plot machine because his performance is actually explained by his character, and is consistent within that. Sentry's capabilities fluctuate for no reason other than his emotions..which isn't a good explanation at all. Sometimes he'll have some powers other times he won't, Zoom on the otherhand always has his time manipulation powers and knows that no hero he's come across can beat him in a fair fight so he handicaps himself to help them improve.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: dude with that statement, you just basically said you like hunter better.. They are both most definately plot devices and wonder woman has fought zoom multiple times. You can't say well if a character is serious then he would win and that be a good argument or not be considered a plot device. That is the basic definition of a plot... He loses against characters under sentry. Now my argument is that both of these characters are plot devices and it just depends on which plot device you prefer as to the winner.. Sentry does have more ways to win in general but doesn't necessarily mean he would...

NortonEk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho Wally was only able to keep up with Zoom, when he absorbed the power of flash Family!

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nortonek said:

@newecho Wally was only able to keep up with Zoom, when he absorbed the power of flash Family!

I understand the wally zoom arc.. it doesn't mean he doesn't get tagged regularly except when plot calls for him not to which is my point.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 juiceboks  Moderator

@newecho:

dude with that statement, you just basically said you like hunter better..

What? I mean I do but this doesn't have any relevance here.

They are both most definately plot devices and wonder woman has fought zoom multiple times.

And he blitzed her in every single one of them.

You can't say well if a character is serious then he would win and that be a good argument or not be considered a plot device.

Yes, I can. Especially when that character's performance is directly tied to how he feels about his opponent. It's not a plot device, it's a fairly straightforward manner of how he conducts himself against heroes that has been explained multiple times. You're just choosing to ignore that because it doesn't make sense to you.

That is the basic definition of a plot...

A better example would be Juggernaut losing to Spider-Man, or Hulk losing to Spider-Man or Batman hurting Wonder Woman. Things that happen but have absolutely no good reason to other than to move the comic forward. These instances rarely have an explanation, but a character losing to another one due to them holding back isn't unique to Zoom. Hell you could argue any Flash is a plot device with your line of thought.

He loses against characters under sentry.

Because he lets them, he's also stomped characters that would stomp Sentry showing what he could do if he felt like it.

Now my argument is that both of these characters are plot devices and it just depends on which plot device you prefer as to the winner..

Which doesn't hold up because Zoom's performance isn't contingent on the plot, it relies entirely on whether he's fighting a hero or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom wins

zoom .

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter Zolomon should win

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so, when is this gonna be locked exactly?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers