Quicksilver (MCU) vs Flash (CW)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thor_parker82:

It doesn't matter how often he used it the point is he used it. If you're saying PIS counts for Barry and you continue to nerf him because he's only done a feat once, that's a bit unfair then. How about Quicksiver gets as many *punches* as he's used in AoU and Barry gets: his already faster than quicksilver speed, one time to travel in time, one supersonic punch that he used on Girder, one time to phase and one time to create a vacuum that extinguishes oxygen?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: But there's still the matter of the physics...I know, I know, super speed is impossible but the point of it being super speed is that the person who is the speedster is still in motion. If he stopped moving (which he does several times) then everything else should start moving at a normal rate once again relative to him. It's inconsistent with his power set because that literally is time manipulation. That's like saying Wolverine's claws can cut through any solid object but also space and time.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82:

It doesn't matter how often he used it the point is he used it. If you're saying PIS counts for Barry and you continue to nerf him because he's only done a feat once, that's a bit unfair then. How about Quicksiver gets as many *punches* as he's used in AoU and Barry gets: his already faster than quicksilver speed, one time to travel in time, one supersonic punch that he used on Girder, one time to phase and one time to create a vacuum that extinguishes oxygen?

I don´t understand half of your post.

- Barry gets tagged by regular humans and breaks his hand punching Girder.

- Quicksilver tears multiple Ultron bots in a single run and didn´t get tagged by superhumans.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry speedblitzs.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Quicksilver wins, feats of using powers in battle > feats of power out of battle.

I think people need to understand yes flash has some impressive feats of speed however most of them are out of combat and when he does fight someone they land alot of hits furthermore quicksilver has better striking feats and he didnt break his hand while punching the metal robots out of ultrons army whereas flash broke his hand punching girder. The only thing flash has an advantage on is raw speed and experiecne fighting a another speedster which is in doubt very important but due to his lack of skills in h2h and his constant low showings quicksilver should win but it won't be a stomp

Agreed. I think Flash has more raw speed, but Pietro is far superior h2h and has better combat feats.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver

Hawkman180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: lol dude stopping isn't time manip. He stopped for a period of time relative to his perception, to us it wouldn't look like he stopped at all. Time travel has absolutely nothing to do with that, and the only question it brings up is "how excruciatingly boring must it be to slow down for the world around him when his mind can actually move so fast"

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Flash

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Barry gets tagged by regular humans

He doesn't. Whenever he's tagged by a human, there's some explanation for it. Either he's not looking at them or is blinded or some other plot device.

and breaks his hand punching Girder.

In same episode, he did manage to KO Girder. And Girder was bulletproof.

Quicksilver tears multiple Ultron bots in a single run and didn´t get tagged by superhumans.

Not getting tagged by superhumans who have no speed feats is not impressive.

Yes, Barry does lack striking feats. But he still has sent people flying casually. He managed to KO Girder, who was bulletproof. Pietro is not bulletproof. Lol. Barry has enough striking power to KO Pietro.

Pietro, while having superior striking feats, seriously lack speed feats. Barry is in a complete other league when it comes to speed. I doubt he'll be able to touch Barry without plot being involved.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Flash gets killed horribly in-character.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@captain_batman_ftw said:

@thor_parker82: Why do you think Quicksilver wins? He literally have no comparable speed feats. Flash recently caught two bullets in the latest episode - he tried to catch three, but only managed to catch two, but it's still better than anything Quicksilver has done.

Flash constantly gets tagged by REGULAR humans, his travel speed is amazing, but combat wise he is one of the worst characters I have seen, having that level of speed should translate to Barry stomping most of his enemies on the show, yet not only he always needs to go back to STAR labs to get an adive on how to beat them, he gets tagged by goddamn REGULAR humans.

Quicksilver took down 10 Ultron bots in a single run and he was taking multiple of them in the scene where they were keeping safe the vibranium or that thing.

That's called jobbing. In one of the most recent episodes, Flash used his speed effectively to speed blitz someone as fast as himself, because he knew how to use his speed. You're not allowed to use jobbing.

who? there is no one else with speed other than zoom and if you mean "everyman" they made it clear he couldnt copy flash's speed sooo....what are you talking about? lol

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men quicksilver annihilates.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Kokemabb200

@rbt said:
@thor_parker82 said:

He doesn't. Whenever he's tagged by a human, there's some explanation for it. Either he's not looking at them or is blinded or some other plot device.

Quicksilver tears multiple Ultron bots in a single run and didn´t get tagged by superhumans.

Yes, Barry does lack striking feats. But he still has sent people flying casually. He managed to KO Girder, who was bulletproof. Pietro is not bulletproof. Lol. Barry has enough striking power to KO Pietro.

Pietro, while having superior striking feats, seriously lack speed feats. Barry is in a complete other league when it comes to speed. I doubt he'll be able to touch Barry without plot being involved.

1. Barry has been tagged by Captain Cold just swinging a gun back and forth, and by a bullet, and couldn't outrun a swarm of bees.

2. He had to use the infinite mass punch to knock Girder down and he was completely exhausted after landing just one hit AND his hand was broken. Barry has no striking feats against any meta-human that has increased durability,

3. Barry has more speed feats, but lacks horribly in combat feats. In the most recent episode of the Flash he couldn't catch 3 bullets, Pietro seems much stronger. Barry can punch regular people a few meters but Quicksilver can have Ultron drones flying. That's far more impressive.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200:

1. Barry has been tagged by Captain Cold just swinging a gun back and forth,

When did Snart tag Barry? All I remember is him freezing the sidewalk and Barry tripped.

and by a bullet, and couldn't outrun a swarm of bees.

He has also caught bullets and casually outran them. The bee attack was an omnidirectional attack. Its impossible to dodge an attack that's coming from every direction.

He had to use the infinite mass punch to knock Girder down and he was completely exhausted after landing just one hit. Barry has no striking feats against any meta-human that has increased durability,

It wasn't IMP, but I agree. Barry does need more striking feats. As for this battle, one sonic punch would be enough to put down Pietro.

In the most recent episode of the Flash he couldn't catch 3 bullets,

First, Joe shot out of nowhere. Even Barry was surprised. Second, he caught two bullets and would have caught the third one had it not been for the shield.

Barry can punch regular people a few meters but Quicksilver can have Ultron drones flying. That's far more impressive.

I do agree that Pietro hits harder. But I doubt he'll be able to tag Barry.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Kokemabb200

@rbt said:

@kokemabb200:

1. Barry has been tagged by Captain Cold just swinging a gun back and forth,

When did Snart tag Barry? All I remember is him freezing the sidewalk and Barry tripped.

and by a bullet, and couldn't outrun a swarm of bees.

He has also caught bullets and casually outran them. The bee attack was an omnidirectional attack. Its impossible to dodge an attack that's coming from every direction.

He had to use the infinite mass punch to knock Girder down and he was completely exhausted after landing just one hit. Barry has no striking feats against any meta-human that has increased durability,

It wasn't IMP, but I agree. Barry does need more striking feats. As for this battle, one sonic punch would be enough to put down Pietro.

In the most recent episode of the Flash he couldn't catch 3 bullets,

First, Joe shot out of nowhere. Even Barry was surprised. Second, he caught two bullets and would have caught the third one had it not been for the shield.

Barry can punch regular people a few meters but Quicksilver can have Ultron drones flying. That's far more impressive.

I do agree that Pietro hits harder. But I doubt he'll be able to tag Barry.

1. He hit Barry's leg/thigh and froze it

2. If he used the sonic punch then he'd knock himself out too. Also he won't be able to land the sonic punch at all.. If you remember he had to run miles away to pick up speed and he had to hit him just the right way. The sonic punch worked against Girder because he was preoccupied and stationary. If he's going to land it on Quicksilver then you'd have to presume that:

• Pietro would let Barry run away to build up speed without even putting any effort to chase after him
    • That Pietro decides to stay in the same spot without moving so Barry can hit him

The likelihood of both of those things occurring is highly unlikely

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: if that were the case and it was his perception because his mind moves so fast then the scene did not express it in a logical way. He literally stopped while interacting with objects and moving objects, even objects in motion like the bullets. That's not how physics work. Like I said this would be akin to wolverine slicing through space and time Lol.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: but barry can out run quicksilver. All he has to do is turn around and wham sonic punch. he broke the time barrier running back and forth on the beach trying to stop the tsunami.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I agree Barry's faster but that the gap between them isn't so significant that Quicksilver wouldn't be able to move out the way or won't be able to follow him. It's like the Usain Bolt vs a regular fit guy. One is definitely faster but not so fast that they can't be reacted against.

He also didn't have the innate speed to break the time barrier. He had to accelerate to that over a significant amount of time. He won't be able to break the time barrier in a fight.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: ok hear me out. Barry is a smart guy so what if he decides to just run and quick silver follows. Quicksilver could push barry to break the time barrier again, that's possible. So what happens if barry goes back a few days in time before the fight...the same thing that happened to weather wizard. Just because quicksilver has better striking feats does not guarantee an auto win.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rbt said:
@thor_parker82 said:

1- There was no plot involved when the shapeshifter tagged him several times, and there was no plot involved when Eddie punched him in the face.

2- Flash broke his hand knocking out Girder, besides, he need to be 5 miles away to do that kind of attacks, Pietro isn´t just going to let him take some ditance to do an attack.

3- Hawkeye and Captain America speed feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shapeshifter on Flash.

4- Barry has never shown good combat speed.

5- Barry, while having superior travel speed feats, seriously lack combat speed feats. Pietro is in a complete other league when it comes to combat.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Kokemabb200

@heatforce: even if he goes back in time he still can't land the sonic punch since Quicksilver can still react.

If he goes back in time and gets prep help from the Star Labs team, then he could win. But without it Barry doesn't have the combat feats to be put on Quicksilver's level

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: not true on #4. Remember when he fought arrow? That's combat speed.

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry should win. I think it won't be debatable anymore after his season finale fight with Thawne.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: his body stopped for an instant so brief the bullets could barely move, and rearranged them by moving his arms, just as you can stand still and rearrange, say, bubbles with your own hand (as an example of proportionate speed). It's pretty simple lol he doesn't need to be running in order to operate fast

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: There you go recounting events wrong again. Barry didn't knock out Girder, Iris did, although his blow did soften Girder up to the point where all he needed was a punch from her to finish him.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By thelocust619

SPEED: MCU QS is basically on par with DOFP QS, being after a handgun was fired he caught the bullet...and the handgun, removed the magazine, removed the bullets, then individually lined them all up on the table, all before anyone knew what had happened. However, the Flash utterly curbstomps those with his own high feats, like dodging lightning twice (once outright blitzing it by noticing it only a meter or 2 away, unbuckling his and a passenger's seat belt then removing them him from the car and traveling farther than the lightning had moved in the first place all before it could actually connect with the car), painting the wall of a house by hand (5 hrs of work in 2 seconds), evacuating a crashing train before anone events splattered agains the ceiling from the initial jolt, or or right running back in time like Reeves Superman.

COMBAT: MCU had the highest combat ability as he was thrashing countless metal robots with his bare hands. DOFP is next, his blows made more sense on a realistic scale than the others, given his speed. The Flash has only just gained the ability to competently react to speedsters in his own league, yet his power is pathetic. However, he does take the edge in versatility, and coupled with his higher intellect he should be able to respond with an aoe attack to create an opening if he isn't jobbing, after of course first realizing he cant fight for s*it. I don't see either QS being prepared for gusts of wind that can one-shot a fire on an entire level of an apartment building, or a full blown tornado...at the very least it could stunt them enough to deliver a decisive blow.

I see one of these possible scenarios:

1: The Flash is in full jobbing mode and completely forgot what his powers were, he gets his teeth knocked in mid-sentence without even realizing he's in a fight. MCU then punches DOFP with multi-robot shredding force, unfortunately killing him (I liked DOFP QS :( ).

2:The Flash is in partial jobbing mode, and runs with them for a sec before getting KO'd the second someone throws a fist, then MCU kills DOFP via his superior fighting skills (pokes wont cut it here).

3: The Flash uses his intellect to utilizes all his shown abilities in the ways he's shown he can and simply makes a tornado that the QSs can't stop because they're simply not fast enough. If that doesn't take them out, they'll be occupied enough for Flash to break away for a sec and drop a full speed fist to the face. The QSs shouldnt be able to keep up at all, but everyone should at least live in this scenario.

4: Ends in sex. Ha! Got eem!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Instead of whining about how Flash's speed changes to suit the plot (which is really no different than what happens in comics for any character's power) I'm just going to say that Barry has not only displayed many faster speed feats but also has a far more flexible array of powers than QS.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash

blackcat_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver wins, feats of using powers in battle > feats of power out of battle.

I think people need to understand yes flash has some impressive feats of speed however most of them are out of combat and when he does fight someone they land alot of hits furthermore quicksilver has better striking feats and he didnt break his hand while punching the metal robots out of ultrons army whereas flash broke his hand punching girder. The only thing flash has an advantage on is raw speed and experiecne fighting a another speedster which is in doubt very important but due to his lack of skills in h2h and his constant low showings quicksilver should win but it won't be a stomp

This

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Heatforce

@thelocust619: I know I'm giving quicksilver dofp a hard time but you need to understand my point of view. Einstein's theory of relativity essentially states that as velocity increases time slows down but when quick silver stops, time should return to normal for him. It may be a mistake and a minor plot hole with the music track but to me it seems he's slowing down time for everyone else but him hence why the track plays through but it's less than a second for everyone else. Like I said to me his powers seem very zoom-ish Mixed with superspeed.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AoU was able to catch Thor's hammer...

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Quicksilver

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I see what you're getting at, but you're missing one little detail: this is fiction lol. In fiction, speedsters can perceive things faster them a normal person, otherwise theyd be unable to react from a standstill and could thusly just be shot and anytime they stopped moving. Time itself wasn't slowing in DOFP, we were just shown the events from QS's perspective (because if we were in anyone else's perspective it'd just look like everyone fell over). The inconsistency you're speaking of is like saying the Flash can't stop short because physics would explode (in my own words lol there's a more eloquent way to put that). He can, because it's fiction. A speedster's perception isn't usually based on their momentum (there are exceptions, like how the Flash gains amps from the SF the faster he moves) but their thinking and reaction speed, which has nothing to do with their spacial relativity or any of that.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver. Barry jobs too often.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Flash... but he still randomly is able to get hit by people with regular speed because of PIS and it makes it tough to determine.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Barry'll most likely job or find someway to lose tbh..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Flash stomps

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry will find a way to lose, even though he shouldn't.

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Draw! Both are good.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Siding with Pietro here. Even though he's pretty much the slowest live adaptation of a speedster I've seen, He still has way better striking power.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Tie

~MiB

TheDevilofCle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If flash isn't jobbing

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

QS stomp Flash in character

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

1- There was no plot involved when the shapeshifter tagged him several times, and there was no plot involved when Eddie punched him in the face.

You mean Peek a boo? Because she showed legit superhuman reflexes. She reacted to Barry many times in the episode. As for Eddie punching Barry, come on, Barry is not going to go Flash in front of everyone.

2- Flash broke his hand knocking out Girder, besides, he need to be 5 miles away to do that kind of attacks, Pietro isn´t just going to let him take some ditance to do an attack.

Pietro's durability is not same as Girder. Girder was bulletproof. As for if Barry would be able to do a sonic punch on Pietro, read my reply to kokemabb in this post.

3- Hawkeye and Captain America speed feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shapeshifter on Flash.

Are you forgetting the part where Barry was blinded while fighting Everyman? That's why he got tagged so much.

4- Barry has never shown good combat speed. 5- Barry, while having superior travel speed feats, seriously lack combat speed feats. Pietro is in a complete other league when it comes to combat.

Only he has. He knocked out a room full of Multiplex clones in split second. He has KOed a bulletproof man. He has taken on group of villains and came on top. Just because he doesn't end every fight in 2 seconds doesn't mean he's not fast. He shows speed when he needs to. A 42 minute episode with 4 second of fighting won't really be much of a superhero show.

@kokemabb200:

1. He hit Barry's leg/thigh and froze it

You mean when he froze Barry at the train station? Because Barry was completely exhausted from saving those people and wasn't even looking at Snart when that happened.

• Pietro would let Barry run away to build up speed without even putting any effort to chase after him
  • That Pietro decides to stay in the same spot without moving so Barry can hit him
  • The likelihood of both of those things occurring is highly unlikely

I don't see how Pietro would be able to do anything to stop Barry. Their speed difference is enormous. Pietro barely hit Mach speeds. He never ran as fast as bullets. Barry, however, has outran lightnings. By a huge margin. To Barry, Pietro would seem to be standing still. If he can see lightnings, which travels at Mach 300, like this, Pietro would be completely frozen to him-

No Caption Provided

@rbt: There you go recounting events wrong again. Barry didn't knock out Girder, Iris did, although his blow did soften Girder up to the point where all he needed was a punch from her to finish him.

I am not recounting anything wrong. Everybody here knows that it was Iris who ultimately KOed Girder, but its an insignificant detail and isn't worth mentioning. For debate purpose, Barry KOed Girder.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to stop posting spoilers of what happened to Quicksilver in AOU.

Either way, QS is better in combat.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Namor_Curry

Quicksilver. He unloaded Ulysses Klaw's gun faster than he could think, and there's Flash over there struggling to catch bullets.