sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sandiego008

Nick fury has 1 day prep

Nick fury can only use gear he has used in past and also starts with typical gear set

Mockingbird has typical gear

No morals for either

Start on opposite side of board

Win by k.o. or death

Fight takes place here life size version of board with pieces being 8' tall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who wins?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

I'm going for Nick.  Mockingbird's old-school West Coast Avenger self, which I'm more familiar with, never impressed me much.  (I did just read a comic where she broke one of Hawkeye's arrows in mid-flight from close range, however!)  And while I don't know TOO much about her newer, super-soldier self, what I've seen of it hasn't changed my opinion much.  I'd still give her general credit for being a good fighter, but being a fighter who was trained by SHIELD isn't much when you're up against the guy who is SHIELD! 

My lack of confidence in Barbara aside, Nick is pretty solid and is a top-notch guy at getting out of tough spots.  He's a good shooter and dodger, and with a day of prep, not to mention any equipment he's ever used, he's got this nailed.

Love the fight environment.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Owie said:

I'm going for Nick. Mockingbird's old-school West Coast Avenger self, which I'm more familiar with, never impressed me much. (I did just read a comic where she broke one of Hawkeye's arrows in mid-flight from close range, however!) And while I don't know TOO much about her newer, super-soldier self, what I've seen of it hasn't changed my opinion much. I'd still give her general credit for being a good fighter, but being a fighter who was trained by SHIELD isn't much when you're up against the guy who is SHIELD! My lack of confidence in Barbara aside, Nick is pretty solid and is a top-notch guy at getting out of tough spots. He's a good shooter and dodger, and with a day of prep, not to mention any equipment he's ever used, he's got this nailed. Love the fight environment.

Dude I have that comic. It was West Coast Avengers double pages/special issue or something like that.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: Yea i'm not EXTREMELY familiar with her post serum though I have seen some scans but she does in fact have the super serum and the infinity serum??? Not sure of name but the one fury has that slows down aging. Aside from that she is a pretty good combatant. Not as good of an combantat as fury IMO but I was/am unsure if the serums could maybe push the jury to her favor.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BringnIt

Wait, so can Fury use any gear he's used or does he have standard gear? I don't quite follow.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Owie said:

I'm going for Nick. Mockingbird's old-school West Coast Avenger self, which I'm more familiar with, never impressed me much. (I did just read a comic where she broke one of Hawkeye's arrows in mid-flight from close range, however!) And while I don't know TOO much about her newer, super-soldier self, what I've seen of it hasn't changed my opinion much. I'd still give her general credit for being a good fighter, but being a fighter who was trained by SHIELD isn't much when you're up against the guy who is SHIELD! My lack of confidence in Barbara aside, Nick is pretty solid and is a top-notch guy at getting out of tough spots. He's a good shooter and dodger, and with a day of prep, not to mention any equipment he's ever used, he's got this nailed. Love the fight environment.

Dude I have that comic. It was West Coast Avengers double pages/special issue or something like that.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
Yeah, Avengers 250, double-size issue with Maelstrom, just after the West Coats team had been established.  I'd been looking for that for a long time (because of Maelstrom) and just got it last week.

@sandiego008 said:

@Owie: Yea i'm not EXTREMELY familiar with her post serum though I have seen some scans but she does in fact have the super serum and the infinity serum??? Not sure of name but the one fury has that slows down aging. Aside from that she is a pretty good combatant. Not as good of an combantat as fury IMO but I was/am unsure if the serums could maybe push the jury to her favor.

Yes, I think she has both serums.  I think the prep and better gear really gives Fury the edge.  Cutting that would even out the battle in my mind.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sandiego008

@BringnIt: he can use gear he has used in the past .... but no matter what starts with standard gear ... kind of odd way to say it ... should've just said can use gear from the past i reckon.

Just didnt want ... fury w/ prep has shield nuke her responses.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Owie: Yeah yeah. The one with the cover of Maelstorm's fist curshing the West Coast Avengers, and the hilarious fight where Hercules got his hand stuck on Gronk's fat belly.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Owie: Yeah yeah. The one with the cover of Maelstorm's fist curshing the West Coast Avengers, and the hilarious fight where Hercules got his hand stuck on Gronk's fat belly.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
Exactly.  Those minions of his actually did pretty well for D-listers.  Even Helio almost toasted a bunch of them with his "air quakes."
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BringnIt

Can he use LMD's? I don't know, she is about on Hawkeye's level in H2H from what I've seen so Fury should beat her. Haven't really seen anything post-upgrade that suggests she's that much better.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: this is only scan i have of her w/ serum ... but it made me think fury may need prep.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sandiego008

@BringnIt: no LMD is not allowed ... should've put that in original post.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator
@sandiego008 said:

@Owie: this is only scan i have of her w/ serum ... but it made me think fury may need prep.

I dunno, I read a fair amount of the New Avengers and never felt like I saw her do anything out of the ordinary.  That seems just like agility, which I would expect from the SSS.  But I never read anything that was more of a mini or solo story that focused on her.  In New Avengers she just always seemed to be in the background.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BringnIt

Those robots were getting manhandled by Daredevil with ease, if that is the story I'm thinking of.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sandiego008

I'm pointing more to her ability to leap that high showing her strength with the serum ... I know the robots were fodder, but that leap impresses me. Enough so for me to add a day prep to fury ... or ... am I wrong and should I give no prep?

Edit: After thinking about this ... Fury should win this pretty easily. I feel fury beats captain america .. (and has done so before) so why would mockingbird be any different? I guess I was thinking with 2 serums she should be badass .. but she obviously hasn't proved that ... thus the flaws of making threads 8 beers deep.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By charlieboy

i think straight up h2h mockingbird would probably win with her enhancements. but with his skill with a gun and his years more experience that he would probably win with equipment.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By owie  Moderator
@sandiego008 said:

I'm pointing more to her ability to leap that high showing her strength with the serum ... I know the robots were fodder, but that leap impresses me. Enough so for me to add a day prep to fury ... or ... am I wrong and should I give no prep?

Edit: After thinking about this ... Fury should win this pretty easily. I feel fury beats captain america .. (and has done so before) so why would mockingbird be any different? I guess I was thinking with 2 serums she should be badass .. but she obviously hasn't proved that ... thus the flaws of making threads 8 beers deep.

Oh man 8 beers deep I can't even type.  I tried posting only a couple beers in a while ago and practically every word was misspelled.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By PowerHerc

Nick Fury wins.

He's been around for a long time and he didn't do that by losing to relative neophytes like Mockingbird.

He'd be more than ready for anything she's got.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BringnIt

I wouldn't give Nick prep, no. I think he could beat her with standard gear. She's more physically impressive but he has better combat feats, better gear and is a good shot. At least from what I've seen.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By charlieboy

@PowerHerc: i wouldn't call mockingbird a neophyte. she has been an avenger for years.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sandiego008

@charlieboy: h2h is where fury excels ... he has beaten wolverine and captain America h2h so mocking bird shouldn't worry him much.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By charlieboy

@sandiego008: that's cool. can you post scans of fury beating cap and wolvie. i must have missed those issues.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: od as it may seem this post got more response than the last 8 sober post i made ... go figure.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By charlieboy

@sandiego008: lol. i am just a mockingbird fan so it drew my attention.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

@charlieboy: I would considering her showings as an Avenger and in comparison to Fury.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By charlieboy

@PowerHerc: Fury has more experience but he has more experience than most marvel characters. still doesn't make mockingbird a neophyte.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BringnIt

If I recall correctly, him beating Wolverine is House of M and I don't ever remember him truly beating Cap although he did do well against him once.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PowerHerc

@charlieboy: Opinions vary.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sandiego008

@charlieboy: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/nick-fury-vs-punisher/11682/?page=2

link to scans ... he has some other impressive feats as well that I can find if necessary.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Owie said:

@sandiego008 said:

Oh man 8 beers deep I can't even type. I tried posting only a couple beers in a while ago and practically every word was misspelled.

LMAO!! Me on Facebook after four!

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By charlieboy

@sandiego008: cool. i would say he is better in combat that mockingbird then.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By charlieboy

@sandiego008: i was only saying that before because of her physical stats. but if he can go toe to toe with cap like that then he is pretty good.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sandiego008

@charlieboy: Hey preaching to the choir ... i made the thread thinking mocking bird might edge out .. then in drunken state remembered crap ... and found out i made a mismatch. I do think mockingbird is under rated though. OMG just thought of next battle mocking bird vs croc dude ... f what is batmans croc dudes name???

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By charlieboy

@sandiego008: killer croc. but i think it may have been done. but in all fairness mock was trained by nick fury and captain america was impressed by her when they fought. so i don't think it is a horrible mismatch. i mean i remember fury running away from spider-woman in her first appearance.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Strafe Prower

Fury should win this in a decent fight.

Mockingbird is quite an adept fighter though, so it won't be easy.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sandiego008

@charlieboy: it seems you would be right as a lot of vets actually responded to this thread ... maybe i'll only make battle threads when drunk ... as my sober ones get no love.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By charlieboy

@sandiego008: i do some of my best thinking drunk. lol

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jeanroygrant

Mocking Bird maybe.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By nefarious

Nick Fury wins.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Nick Fury for the win.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By robertloucksjr

That leap leap looks like a 30 footer from a standing start. That is way above peak human. If her agility and speed correspond, as she is already a very skilled in h2h, Fury is in trouble.