Namor.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mattersuit

Could go either way, but I'm leaning towards Imperius Rex.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Qpzmg

Namor

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Namor

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spawn_123

Namor

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Ends in imperius sex.

No Caption Provided

Morals on, I'd typically back the Thing. Morals off, I'd give it to Namor. He is faster and morals off I'd expect him to use it more.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By tomlikesfries

Namor wins this.

By the way, it would be better if you said the location as we are talking about the Sub-Mariner.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slimj87d

This is not my opinion but we all know what happen recently.

@god_spawn: LMFAO, I remember that. I wish writers would write more hilarious moments like that.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spawn_123

Speed

No Caption Provided

If he can dodge this than he can easily dodge Things attacks

Strength

No Caption Provided

And he is very strong

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bo88gdan

@SlimJ87D said:

@god_spawn: LMFAO, I remember that. I wish writers would write more hilarious moments like that.

This ,but i think that Namor > Thing :S stupid writers ...

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

@tomlikesfries said:

Namor wins this.

By the way, it would be better if you said the location as we are talking about the Sub-Mariner.

quatro_briefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By quatro_briefs

@Bo88gdan said:

@SlimJ87D said:

This ,but i think that Namor > Thing :S stupid writers ...

This was insulting and idiotic of the writers to think we can buy that Namor loses to Thing, much less in the ocean.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@SlimJ87D said:

AvX was full of stupid writing. Besides, the Thing never beat Namor, he just incapacitated him. And for one, Namor should have been able to easily handle Luke Cage and the Thing underwater compared to his past showings against major powerhouses like Hercules, Hulk and Thor. Namor should easily win.

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By bornstar

@chiq said:

Namor.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle

Thing has preformed impressively against Namor underwater before even dragging him out at some point...and that was back in the day when he wasn't as strong.

If you are comparing feats against opponents, Namor was slammed across Florida by a gray Hulk. Thing could actually defeat that version. 

Thing wins

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By dernman

Namor wins. 

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing since he bested Namor underwater and I like him better.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lvenger

@cattlebattle said:

Thing has preformed impressively against Namor underwater before even dragging him out at some point...and that was back in the day when he wasn't as strong. If you are comparing feats against opponents, Namor was slammed across Florida by a gray Hulk. Thing could actually defeat that version. Thing wins

That's ABC logic if I'm honest. Considering Namor's showings against the heavy hitters like Thor and Hercules, which Thing doesn't have, I'd say Namor should win far more easily than he should. It's due to Ben's fanbase that he managed to incapacitate Namor. And they were underwater anyway, Namor should have wiped the floor with them considering he managed to overpower the Savage Hulk underwater.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think Namor can beat the Thing. He's a mediocre combatant and The Thing may not have been trained by anybody but if it's one thing I do know he's a fairly good street fighter and he's worked on his boxing and his wrestling skills. I don't think Namor is stronger than the Thing either and he doesn't have any real long range capability so I don't really see what advantage he would have over the Thing.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lvenger said:

@cattlebattle said:

Thing has preformed impressively against Namor underwater before even dragging him out at some point...and that was back in the day when he wasn't as strong. If you are comparing feats against opponents, Namor was slammed across Florida by a gray Hulk. Thing could actually defeat that version. Thing wins

That's ABC logic if I'm honest. Considering Namor's showings against the heavy hitters like Thor and Hercules, which Thing doesn't have, I'd say Namor should win far more easily than he should. It's due to Ben's fanbase that he managed to incapacitate Namor. And they were underwater anyway, Namor should have wiped the floor with them considering he managed to overpower the Savage Hulk underwater.

I don't think Namor's showings are better than The Thing as far as combat. The Thing never beat the Hulk but by the time the Thing was class 100, The Hulk was the Worldbreaker.
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@Vance Astro said:

@Lvenger said:

@cattlebattle said:

I don't think Namor's showings are better than The Thing as far as combat. The Thing never beat the Hulk but by the time the Thing was class 100, The Hulk was the Worldbreaker.

True but that's besides the point. Hercules can take the Thing pretty quickly

but compare the Thing's showing against Namor

and you can see who comes out the better. Namor hasn't beaten Hercules either but he's gone toe to toe with him which is more than can be said about the Thing.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lvenger said:

and you can see who comes out the better. Namor hasn't beaten Hercules either but he's gone toe to toe with him which is more than can be said about the Thing.

Isn't that Hulk vs. Hercules book where that first set of scans happens non-canon? Also that would have been an older version of the Thing that Hercules was fighting, correct..and therefore he wouldn't have been class 100, giving Namor an unfair advantage in scan comparison.  

There's also the fact that the Thing has beaten class 75 She-Hulk (which isn't the current version) and even with being class 100 nearly his whole career, Namor failed to defeat her on two occasions and even once with the help of an entire team.
80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 80sBaby

Thing has a very good record against Namor, actually. I'd favor him in this fight.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fondofpacman

Close one, but I think probably Thing wins, his durability might put him alittle ahead despite his speed disadvantage

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@Vance Astro said:

@Lvenger said:

Isn't that Hulk vs. Hercules book where that first set of scans happens non-canon? Also that would have been an older version of the Thing that Hercules was fighting, correct..and therefore he wouldn't have been class 100, giving Namor an unfair advantage in scan comparison. There's also the fact that the Thing has beaten class 75 She-Hulk (which isn't the current version) and even with being class 100 nearly his whole career, Namor failed to defeat her on two occasions and even once with the help of an entire team.

I didn't know the scans I posted were non canon. Apologies. I should have posted an older, classic fight to illustrate my point. And I wasn't aware that Thing had beaten She Hulk whereas Namor had failed to. That puts a damper on my point.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lvenger said:

I didn't know the scans I posted were non canon. Apologies

I don't know if they are or not. I was asking so that maybe someone would confirm, but however I think the story is a flashback to an early meeting between Hulk and Hercules which would mean the Thing would have been like class 60.

@Lvenger said:

And I wasn't aware that Thing had beaten She Hulk whereas Namor had failed to. That puts a damper on my point.

I don't recall the full circumstances of the Thing and She-Hulk's fight so I may be missing something but I do know that she pretty much walked all over Namor in their early encounters.
Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saying Namor 7/10

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@TheAcidSkull said:

hulk vs hercules was canon, the story Athena told was true

The issue is still a flashback however which would have made the version of the the Thing that Hercules fought far weaker than his current and also Hercules and Namor as well.
SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By SoA

thing fan and gets my vote (but namor wins...)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SoA said:

thing fan and gets my vote (but namor wins...)

-_-
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By termiteone4ever

NOw Thing is one of my FAV heavy hitters in Marvel but i dont see him beating the fish man .

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Namor is stronger, faster and has a highly efficient healing factor( healed from six stab wounds to the head in about 10 seconds) and can fly, the Thing only really has durability over Namor. as for fighting, not sure, Ben is a pretty brutal fighter despite lack of training he is seriously skilled, but Namor is a king, well trained in fighting(obviously not Black Panther or Cap level but still good). not sure who's the better fighter. I'd say underwater, Namor stomps, out of water, Namor wins it after a fairly one sided fight, but not an out and out battering.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thestarguy

Actually, these two are probably one of the closest ties in comics. Namor does not have a strength advantage on land over the Thing. They have a long history of fights, and it is pretty much Namor in water, and the Thing on land. The scan showing Namor getting a hit on Hercules is definitely misleading, as Hercules choose not to retaliate (and drop Namor in the process). But Hercules has actually out-powered Namor once even underwater in an issue of the Avengers, so Namor is not totally unbeatable even in the water. One of Marvel's oldest tricks in these dust-ups is to let the weaker fighter get the last hit in, making it appear that they are more powerful than they are simply because they are still standing at the end of the fight.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By madrid_san

he broke out of the crimson bands of cytokrak. lets see thing do that. thing should die. namor beat hulk too.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Is there anything Namor has done that Thing couldn't replicate? Physically I mean

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The punk wins.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Namor should, but Thing would since he's more popular.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing is stronger and more durable namor is faster and can fly

i am going with ben because i could see this going either way but i like ben more so i give the edge to him plus his heart

he will outlast namor

right before this black bolt oneshotted namor into a dam  where he needed to heal ben takes black bolt down in 3 punches  while holding back and before anyone says it black bolt was play possum about  being unconscious  but he really was hurt infact the inhumans had to give him medical attention after this.
right before this black bolt oneshotted namor into a dam where he needed to heal ben takes black bolt down in 3 punches while holding back and before anyone says it black bolt was play possum about being unconscious but he really was hurt infact the inhumans had to give him medical attention after this.

ben keeps getting stronger  by a large margin his 90's counterpart was stronger than the version that impressed namor  the the 2007 ben who fought a future version of himself and got owned  was stronger than 90's ben and  avx ben was stronger than  the 2007 ben and current ben is stronger than avx ben if writter remembers this   part of continuity ben should be well above namor by now and has ben for quite some time.
ben keeps getting stronger by a large margin his 90's counterpart was stronger than the version that impressed namor the the 2007 ben who fought a future version of himself and got owned was stronger than 90's ben and avx ben was stronger than the 2007 ben and current ben is stronger than avx ben if writter remembers this part of continuity ben should be well above namor by now and has ben for quite some time.

namor admits that the thing is his equal even under water and that was  a long time ago ben keeps getting stronger.
namor admits that the thing is his equal even under water and that was a long time ago ben keeps getting stronger.