Marvel Universe vs The Reapers (Mass Effect)

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vandinejd_1991

If the Reapers decided to invade the Earth of the Marvel Universe could they be taken down? This fight involves almost every hero, villain, and alien race in this universe. To make it interesting though I'm going to say that Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet and Ultron join forces with the Reapers.

nU_Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nU_Kovak

Thanos w/Infinity Gauntlet?

Then the heroes would need either Living Tribunal or Classic Strange.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

Infinity Gauntlet Thanos is just too much. Now just regular Thanos and Ultron would be dangerous enough.

Avatar image for death_harbinger
Death_Harbinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Death_Harbinger

A 50 megaton nuclear bomb would already have in the neighborhood of 120 times more energy than a reaper's Thanix cannon. So theoretically, modern Earth could give the reapers hell if we threw some Tsar Bombas into space at them. Not to mention that Mass Effect shielding is completely ineffective against energy based attacks. The reapers number 20,000 Capital ships at maximum assuming they're 10 billion years old, with an unknown number of destroyers. This means that the Annihilation Wave alone would heavily outnumber their fleet.

People really should stop putting Mass Effect up against the big-boys of Sci-fi, it was always intended to be a fairly low key universe. If you pit it against 40k, Star Wars, or Marvel it's going to go down like a two dollar hooker. Mass effect just lacks the biggatons to play with the big boys, being a largely kiloton scale universe that for some reason I cannot fathom keeps on getting matched against Giga or Terraton settings.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

@Death_Harbinger said:

A 50 megaton nuclear bomb would already have in the neighborhood of 120 times more energy than a reaper's Thanix cannon. So theoretically, modern Earth could give the reapers hell if we threw some Tsar Bombas into space at them. Not to mention that Mass Effect shielding is completely ineffective against energy based attacks. The reapers number 20,000 Capital ships at maximum assuming they're 10 billion years old, with an unknown number of destroyers. This means that the Annihilation Wave alone would heavily outnumber their fleet.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. ME Earth had such nukes and a ginormous space fleet, and they got wasted in what was most likely minutes.

Which is not to say the Reapers would have a chance in hell invading just Marvel Earth, let alone the whole universe, of course.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By tg1982

The Reapers would win in this scenario. It's pretty uneven.

xxironspiderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xxironspiderxx

mass effect is an EXCELLENT game but this is spite the Marvel universe wins this. i already thought of 10 ways 4 marvel to win

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SNascimento

@Death_Harbinger: Well, it's a long way from saying ME fleets are not as powerful as those from other universes to saying modern day Earth could do anything agaisnt a reaper invasion.

First, the Tsar bomb never was a viable weapon. It was never meant to be one, the Soviets just want a big show. Single modern ICBM warheads are considerable less powerful, but it doesn't matter because of how effective they can be deployed. And how many of them.

But if modern warheads were that powerful, the reapers have enought defenses to make them immune to that kind of warfare. And I don't mean the armor and shields, but lasers, battle formations, fighters, smaller vessels, etc. Not to mention nuclear weapon on space are much less effective than they are on a planet.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tg1982

@xxironspiderxx: Well the Reapers have Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, and we all know what he did to the Marvel Universe by himself, add the Reapers and Ultron.

But I do agree 100% ME games are excellent.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AtPhantom

It's a pretty broken thread. This isn't Marvel U vs the Reapers, this is Marvel U vs Thanos with the Reapers as his cheerleader squad.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tg1982

@AtPhantom said:

It's a pretty broken thread. This isn't Marvel U vs the Reapers, this is Marvel U vs Thanos with the Reapers as his cheerleader squad.

Yep. Pretty much.

xxironspiderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xxironspiderxx

@tg1982 Living tribunal is more powerful than the infinity gaunlet they have TOAA who is also more powerful MAU wins.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By desmond006

I say they take earth but loose the rest of the universe.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By vandinejd_1991

@xxironspiderxx: care to explain the 10 ways

xxironspiderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandinejd_1991:

@xxironspiderxx: care to explain the 10 ways

umm I haven't been on in a while but ok, magneto can pretty much kill ME characters and then gods like odin an the celestrials will take thanos & ultron, livng tribunal can solo, silver surfer and the beyonder together can solo, every phoenix with a little help,cosmic hulk w/rune king thor. idk about ten ways but ive got at least 5

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL