Magnetism Manipulation vs Gravity Manipulation

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lost_Rellik

Its been awhile since I posted one of my powers battles and this a little personal one I'd like you guys to debate over. Both cool, fundemental forces, extremely powerful, etc.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gravity Manipulation in essence is Magnetism Manipulation

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Son Of Storm
Magnetism.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Rockslide vs Magneto.... Ummmmmmmmm

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@DeathByAnts said:
"Gravity Manipulation in essence is Magnetism Manipulation"

How do you figure that? Their both two completely different forces.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need some form of Magnetism for their to be gravity.

jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jacobyLIVE

Can't much tear the metal out of someones body with Gravity Manipulation, now can ya

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@DeathByAnts said:
"You need some form of Magnetism for their to be gravity."

You sure about that? I've never heard such a thing. Btw im not saying its not true, because im not totally sure myself to be totally honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lost_Rellik: Pretty sure about that man but its been some time since ive studied quantum physics and the such.

@jacobyLIVE:  They are not absolutely identical but you do control magnetism when you contril gravity.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Knightly1
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@DeathByAnts said:
"Gravity Manipulation in essence is Magnetism Manipulation"
How do you figure that? Their both two completely different forces. "

I think he's saying they're twon things that hold everything together. But on the subject of which is stronger, you must include electromagnetism(magnetism is in the elements iron, zinc, and cobalt I believe.) Electromagnetism essentially encompasses the electricity and magnetism and the electrons, protons, and neutrons(although with a neutral charge) in atoms. Without electromagnetism, gravity wouldnt have anything to hold together(all fundamental forces are needed and work together to keep the universe in order.) But as to which is more powerful: gravity is constantly weakening due to the expanision of large masses in space and the increase in space between the objects. So right now, I'd say electromagnetism.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lance Bastro

magnetism is the stronger force, but doesn't mean it's superior it just has more variety.

gravity keeps us on the ground.

EM keeps our body from dispersing into the air.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Knightly1
@Lance Bastro said:
"magnetism is the stronger force, but doesn't mean it's superior it just has more variety.  gravity keeps us on the ground.  EM keeps our body from dispersing into the air. "

Kinda off topic but thank goodness for strong nuclear force.
Avatar image for kitsuneconundrum
kitsuneconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kitsuneconundrum

Black holes.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

magnetism because a really powerful magnetism manipulator can counteract gravity

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Static Shock

Magnetism.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xan84
@Lance Bastro said:

"magnetism is the stronger force, but doesn't mean it's superior it just has more variety.  gravity keeps us on the ground.  EM keeps our body from dispersing into the air. "

Not exacly. At distances gravity is more powerful. 

" However, as two objects get far apart, the gravity between them goes down by a factor of four when you double the distance, but the magnetism goes down by (at least) a factor of eight. On the scale of the solar system, with planets far apart, gravity is much more important than magnetism. " 

I found this off the net.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom

In essence, neither power trumps the other. A powerful gravity user can beat a magnetism user and vice versa. The only question here is how much control of a force can you get?

@Lance Bastro said:

" EM keeps our body from dispersing into the air. "
No it doesn't. The nuclear forces do that.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lance Bastro
@AtPhantom said:
" In essence, neither power trumps the other. A powerful gravity user can beat a magnetism user and vice versa. The only question here is how much control of a force can you get?

@Lance Bastro said:
No it doesn't. The nuclear forces do that. "
nuclear forces keep a nuclui together but not an atom.
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@DeathByAnts said:
" Gravity Manipulation in essence is Magnetism Manipulation "
it's not even kind of the same thing.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Knightly1

On a seperate note: I have a question. Radiation moves at light speed and speed doesnt, correct? So if the sun were to go supernova, it would be the radiation that kills us in the 8 minutes or so it take for to realize the sun has gone supernova?

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Xan said:
" @Lance Bastro said:

Not exacly. At distances gravity is more powerful.  " However, as two objects get far apart, the gravity between them goes down by a factor of four when you double the distance, but the magnetism goes down by (at least) a factor of eight. On the scale of the solar system, with planets far apart, gravity is much more important than magnetism. "  I found this off the net.     "
yea, i explained this on the other thread. the gravitation constant of the universe moves the masses in the universe and keeps everything together. that why i said in the other thread. grvity is flurished.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lance Bastro said:
" nuclear forces keep a nuclui together but not an atom. "
Yeah, that was my bad.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lance Bastro
@AtPhantom said:
" @Lance Bastro said:
" nuclear forces keep a nuclui together but not an atom. "
Yeah, that was my bad. "
oh no problem man.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Knightly1
@Lance Bastro said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" In essence, neither power trumps the other. A powerful gravity user can beat a magnetism user and vice versa. The only question here is how much control of a force can you get?

@Lance Bastro said:
No it doesn't. The nuclear forces do that. "
nuclear forces keep a nuclui together but not an atom. "

Really? I always thought it was strong nuclear force that "glued" atoms together. So is it electromagnetism then that "glues" atoms together?
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lance Bastro
@OblivionKnight said:
"Really? I always thought it was strong nuclear force that "glued" atoms together. So is it electromagnetism then that "glues" atoms together? "
the strong NF keep a nucleus together. the EM can't do it. however, it is the EM that bonds the whole atom together by bonding the electrons to the nucleus.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Knightly1
@Lance Bastro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
"Really? I always thought it was strong nuclear force that "glued" atoms together. So is it electromagnetism then that "glues" atoms together? "
the strong NF keep a nucleus together. the EM can't do it. however, it is the EM that bonds the whole atom together by bonding the electrons to the nucleus. "

So it's a combination of EM and SNF that keeps atoms together?
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lance Bastro
@OblivionKnight said:

"So it's a combination of EM and SNF that keeps atoms together? "

pretty much yes, however... keep in mind that you can never touch a nucleus... only the SF can bond it, while the EM field interacts with it while bonding other atoms together..

so remember. when you kiss ur girlfriends lips, you're not touching her lips at all, but her "electrons".. lol
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Knightly1
@Lance Bastro said:
"@OblivionKnight said:

pretty much yes, however... keep in mind that you can never touch a nucleus... only the SF can bond it, while the EM field interacts with it while bonding other atoms together..  so remember. when you kiss ur girlfriends lips, you're not touching her lips at all, but her "electrons".. lol "

Well I was watching NG(I believe it was National Geographic; cant entirely remember) and it did mention thta if you were to touch your hand, you're not really touching yourself, but a kind of invisible shield of electrons.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lance Bastro
@OblivionKnight said:
" @Lance Bastro said:
"@OblivionKnight said:

pretty much yes, however... keep in mind that you can never touch a nucleus... only the SF can bond it, while the EM field interacts with it while bonding other atoms together..  so remember. when you kiss ur girlfriends lips, you're not touching her lips at all, but her "electrons".. lol "
Well I was watching NG(I believe it was National Geographic; cant entirely remember) and it did mention thta if you were to touch your hand, you're not really touching yourself, but a kind of invisible shield of electrons. "
yea, that's right. that's also how magneto had a chance to bone rogue with no glove lol.. bc to him... she just a body of energy of electrons. and rogue loves!! magneto bc he is the only one who can touch her without being absorb.

so yea, almost every mass is constructed from the EMF. when we touch things with our hands, we are interacting with other electrons. but that's as far as we get. we can never touch the inner part of an atom no matter how hard we push lol.. it's the EM that protects us from dispersing into energy and it also protects us from "bonding" with other objects.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Surge2477

Magneto vs. Graviton. Gonna go with Magneto
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Knightly1
@Lance Bastro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" @Lance Bastro said:
"@OblivionKnight said:

Well I was watching NG(I believe it was National Geographic; cant entirely remember) and it did mention thta if you were to touch your hand, you're not really touching yourself, but a kind of invisible shield of electrons. "
yea, that's right. that's also how magneto had a chance to bone rogue with no glove lol.. bc to him... she just a body of energy of electrons. and rogue loves!! magneto bc he is the only one who can touch her without being absorb.  so yea, almost every mass is constructed from the EMF. when we touch things with our hands, we are interacting with other electrons. but that's as far as we get. we can never touch the inner part of an atom no matter how hard we push lol.. it's the EM that protects us from dispersing into energy and it also protects us from "bonding" with other objects. "

Wow. Thanks for the info.  Interesting to know that I've never truly felt anything -__-.So our sense of touch is just the depression of the shield of electrons when we "touch" an object? And amazingly, my opinion on you has changed for the better.
gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gobstakid777

So basically, doesn't this just evolve into 
Graviton vs Magneto ? 

And for the record, Magnetic Manipulation is the stronger of the two

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Djinn

i think magnetism would win due to it being able to have an effect on more forces than gravity does

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@OblivionKnight said:
" On a seperate note: I have a question. Radiation moves at light speed and speed doesnt, correct? So if the sun were to go supernova, it would be the radiation that kills us in the 8 minutes or so it take for to realize the sun has gone supernova? "
Short Version: Yeah.
Slightly Longer Version: All electromagnetic radiation moves at the same speed whether it be visible light or ultraviolet.  Light speed is the universal speed limit (except for theoretical particles that haven't been discovered) so no explosive force could make it to Earth before the radiation burst does.  Dissipating atmosphere, boiling seas, dogs and cats living together, etc.  This all happens before the fire and brimstone.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Knightly1
@Kal'smahboi said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" On a seperate note: I have a question. Radiation moves at light speed and speed doesnt, correct? So if the sun were to go supernova, it would be the radiation that kills us in the 8 minutes or so it take for to realize the sun has gone supernova? "
Short Version: Yeah. Slightly Longer Version: All electromagnetic radiation moves at the same speed whether it be visible light or ultraviolet.  Light speed is the universal speed limit (except for theoretical particles that haven't been discovered) so no explosive force could make it to Earth before the radiation burst does.  Dissipating atmosphere, boiling seas, dogs and cats living together, etc.  This all happens before the fire and brimstone."

Ok thanks. What I meant to say was "heat", but I see you understood.  So it's the radiation that would kill us correct?   
And this is question slightly off topic, buthaving to do with electromagnetism technically: Ok, so say I was hypothetically able to move at the speed of light. Now say I ran around someone at light speed for 5 years.  And then I was to stop. The light hasnt caught up to me yet, right? And if this is the case, then the person I was previously running around would always see me as 5 years younger than I am, right? This is something my friend brought up, but wasnt able to completely answer it himself.
Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Rainja

Well there both two of the universal forces elements as LANCE BASTRO said graviety is more variety but there ultimately just as good as the other.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kal'smahboi:  What do you think makes 2 masses attract to one another? Please don't say Gravity.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lagoon_boy
Magnetism.
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@DeathByAnts said:
" @Kal'smahboi:  What do you think makes 2 masses attract to one another? Please don't say Gravity. "
Love.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lagoon_boy
@Kal'smahboi:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kal'smahboi said:
" @DeathByAnts said:
" @Kal'smahboi:  What do you think makes 2 masses attract to one another? Please don't say Gravity. "
Love. "
Yep
xXLukeCageXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By xXLukeCageXx
I say Gravity
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Anyway, I think I would pick gravity because it allows you to direct the attractions between all matter and not just magnetically affected matter.

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnetic Manipulation

LightShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LightShadows

Electromagnetism is around 1e+36 times stronger than Gravity.

Magnetism Manipulation wins.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnetism stomps