shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

This Katara by the end of Book 2.

Round 1: Korra can only waterbend, just like if it were a real pro-bending match

Round 2: Korra can use all of the elements except airbending

Setting: The Earth King of Ba Sing Sae's throne room

No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Fire ferrets win due to numbers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Anyone else have an opinion? Personally I agree that Katara loses a majority, but she definitely doesn't go down without a fight.

Avatar image for fanofsuperheroes
fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

Add in blood bending and she will win. :-) But yea, majority for the team.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By YoungJustice

@fanofsuperheroes said:

Blood Bending can only be done during a full moon (Unless you are Amon).

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By beautifulrevery

@YoungJustice said:

@fanofsuperheroes said:

Katara has done Blood Bending without a full moon while searching for her mothers' killer(southern raiders)

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Israphael

@beautifulrevery said:

@YoungJustice said:

@fanofsuperheroes said:

Katara has done Blood Bending without a full moon while searching for her mothers' killer(southern raiders)

OP doesn't say morals off so Katara will not blood bend nor does it say bloodlusted. Katara outclasses everyone in this show except Amon and Tarrlok (likely Avatar state Korra who currently has no feats but can be scaled) who stomp.

Also, Katara can't blood bend without a full moon. It was a full moon when she blood bended the southern raider.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Fire ferrets win due to numbers

This

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@beautifulrevery:  

There was a full moon present, they literally flew right by it. 

Fire Ferrets win via numbers gain..that and Korra is a flippin beast.
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dextersinister

Korra alone would beat Katara with ease. How could the main cast of the LOA be better than the LOK when they where children and the only enemies they ever went up against where either nameless mooks or other children.

Korra is physically tougher, more experienced and has an eagerness to want to fight and learn to fight that not one of the protagonists had except for possibly Zuko. The weakest of the faceless mooks in LOK where all freaky super ninjas with high tech gadgetry.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An earthbender, a fire/lightning bender and the avatar? Yeah I'm pretty sure Katara will have her hands full...

I just feel bad that she outlived all of her friends. T_T But that fortune teller lady was right on!!!

fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

I love Katara, I don't want her to die. :-(

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@fanofsuperheroes: She doesn't have to die man. I never said they were bloodlusted.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dextersinister

@shroudofsorrow said:

@fanofsuperheroes: She doesn't have to die man. I never said they were bloodlusted.

I am curious as to how you possibly think that Katara could possibly stand up to Korra. Very few of the fights in LOK where normal by one vs one standards but Korra completely dominated whenever she went up against anyone who didn't either have a mecha or (plot spoiler) I auto win powers.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#15  Edited By Deadcool

Katara was way more skilled than all the team.

She wins without doubt.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@Deadcool said:

Katara was way more skilled than all the team.

She wins without doubt.

true....

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joewell911

@Dextersinister said:

Korra alone would beat Katara with ease. How could the main cast of the LOA be better than the LOK when they where children and the only enemies they ever went up against where either nameless mooks or other children.

Korra is physically tougher,

more experienced

and has an eagerness to want to fight and learn to fight that not one of the protagonists had except for possibly Zuko. The weakest of the faceless mooks in LOK where all freaky super ninjas with high tech gadgetry.

Water only she wouldn't

Firelord, Paku, Bumi, Azula, and alot more

Yes she is, but Katara is smarter

How?

Ty Lee and Mai could beat them, heck the noname Earthbenders could beat them

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dextersinister

@joewell: Korra was portrayed as highly competent, Katara isn't dumb but she wasn't as old or smart as her brother.

Katara wouldn't have a chance against anyone on this list, one of them is a child and 2 of them aren't even enemies. Tylee was a small girl how can she hope to compete against the chi blockers they are adults with all the obvious advantages that entails. It's only youth obsessed Japanese anime where young people are better than adults.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joewell911

@Dextersinister said:

Korra was portrayed as highly competent, Katara isn't dumb but she wasn't as old or smart as her brother.

Katara wouldn't have a chance against anyone on this list, one of them is a child and 2 of them aren't even enemies. Tylee was a small girl how can she hope to compete against the chi blockers they are adults with all the obvious advantages that entails. It's only youth obsessed Japanese anime where young people are better than adults.

Katara is way smarter than Korra, Korra's a little to head strong

Age doesn't matter, TY started the Chi-Blocking thing

R1: Katara

R2: Team Korra

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Dextersinister: Age is not always the key to success. Why do you think some people believe that the Power Pack could beat Spider-Man?

Regardless, Katara does lose I think, if for no other reason then because she is outnumbered. I do however believe that if it was just Katara Vs. Korra one on one in a waterbending only fight, that I could see go either way. Korra honestly seems to prefer firebending the most. Not that her waterbending skills are poor, but Katara could match her I feel, at least post-Book 1 anyway.

Aang (especially later on), Zuko (same), Toph, Iroh, Ozai, Suki, and Jet could all handle Chi-Blockers. Despite the show's best efforts to convince us otherwise, the Chi-Blockers are not invincible.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

@shroudofsorrow: There is a massive difference between a 14 year old and a 19 year old physically and mentally. The power pack is a terrible comparison as I assume they have different powers which could be like comparing a sword with a gun, a better example would be a starting Peter Parker vs Miles Morales.

Korra has very few combat water bending feats but everyone of them is very impressive being able to floor opponents instantly both times in the ring so it's up to basic common sense to explain why she is much better than Katara. She has the rank of master in all elements except air from a young age and was gifted from the start unlike Katara, she enjoys the art of fighting and likes the idea of improving her techniques, she is older and close to her physical and mental prime,the amount of training and facilities that Katara had compared to Korra is laughable, Korra had years of training which gives you the time to move by reflex that Katara doesn't have and finally she is the Avatar which means that in terms of raw power she is at least anyone's equal or better.

Your last paragraph makes no sense as you make it sound like there was multiple chi blockers there was only one chi blocker in LOA and most of the characters you've listed never actually fought with Ty Lee so you appear to be making things up.

Chi blocking isn't that dangerous as it would be far more effective to simply use a knife it's the unnatural agility the show had to give them so they would be a credible threat.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Dextersinister said:

@shroudofsorrow: There is a massive difference between a 14 year old and a 19 year old physically and mentally. The power pack is a terrible comparison as I assume they have different powers which could be like comparing a sword with a gun, a better example would be a starting Peter Parker vs Miles Morales.

Then any of the benders in the original Gaang (Katara included) could handle the same foes Korra could. And I still believe that age is not necessarily the key to success. It depends entirely on the person, or in this case, the character. The argument that older always equals better doesn't work. Otherwise Dooku would have never lost to Anakin. And I stand by the Power Pack>Spider-Man example because it is not like "comparing a sword and a gun". Peter has superpowers as well. Of course to be fair I don't really believe that Power Pack is better than Spidey so I suppose that nixs that argument.

And yes, I do agree that the Peter/Miles example is much better.

@Dextersinister said:

Korra has very few combat water bending feats but everyone of them is very impressive being able to floor opponents instantly both times in the ring so it's up to basic common sense to explain why she is much better than Katara. She has the rank of master in all elements except air from a young age and was gifted from the start unlike Katara, she enjoys the art of fighting and likes the idea of improving her techniques, she is older and close to her physical and mental prime,the amount of training and facilities that Katara had compared to Korra is laughable, Korra had years of training which gives you the time to move by reflex that Katara doesn't have and finally she is the Avatar which means that in terms of raw power she is at least anyone's equal or better.

I don't dispute this, with one exception: "amount of training" is a less legitimate argument then actual feats. Katara may not have had as much training as Korra, but she still has the feats to back up her skill. And she did learn from Master Pakku, who considered her to be his best student. And it was she who continued Aang's waterbending training. We also don't know how long Korra spent learning waterbending. We can only assume. We know that she spent what looks to be roughly a decade or so learning earth, fire, and water, but how much time she spent on each element is unknown. The only thing we do know for certain (other then again, the fact that she was considered to have her completed her training in all 3) is that firebending was the last of the three that she was considered to have completed.

@Dextersinister said:

Your last paragraph makes no sense as you make it sound like there was multiple chi blockers there was only one chi blocker in LOA and most of the characters you've listed never actually fought with Ty Lee so you appear to be making things up.

Chi blocking isn't that dangerous as it would be far more effective to simply use a knife it's the unnatural agility the show had to give them so they would be a credible threat.

It is a list of characters capable of downing the same foes Korra could. I am not "making things up"

And yes, the Equalists needed to be a credible threat, but come on. That level of agility was inhuman and easily comparable to what Spider-Man can do. Its a little overpowered, but that's just my opinion and irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Regardless, this is not Korra Vs. Katara but Katara Vs. The Fire Ferrets. But all things considered maybe I should have posted the former fight instead. Ah well.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dextersinister

@shroudofsorrow: Your not really getting this age thing. This isn't purely about experience that there would be between a 24 and 29 year old.

This about the large physical and mental difference that almost always exists between a 14 year old and a 19 year old that you somehow believe doesn't make a world of difference and could a 14 Katara have handled multiple chi blockers like Korra has on occasion going by existing feats, not a chance.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I'm pretty sure Katara got this. The newer benders in LOK are alot weaker than in the previous series.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Dextersinister: Oh, I understand that there is a physical strength difference between someone younger and someone older, but I still maintain that age doesn't mean everything. Does it mean something? Yes. Does it mean that Katara couldn't handle chi-blockers? No. Also keep in mind that Korra lost to chi-blockers just as often as she beat them.

fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

I must be missing something, please no on hate me. I saw all three books, was there more than just those that I missed??

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@fanofsuperheroes said:

I must be missing something, please no on hate me. I saw all three books, was there more than just those that I missed??

No. Katara looses.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morgrim

@Dextersinister: sir r u cray cray do u honestly believe korra can beat katara without avatar state keep in mind that aang had trouble fighting azula and katara is arguabley stronger than azula and aang is stronger than korra no argument katara would in fact demolish korra i mean she had trouble beating a guy who only used water bending not to mention the chi blockers however katara in the end would lose but only due to numbers however is she were blood lusted i could see her killing everyone

Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara dies.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dextersinister

@shroudofsorrow said:

@Dextersinister: Oh, I understand that there is a physical strength difference between someone younger and someone older, but I still maintain that age doesn't mean everything. Does it mean something? Yes. Does it mean that Katara couldn't handle chi-blockers? No. Also keep in mind that Korra lost to chi-blockers just as often as she beat them.

Korra's worst showing was when they first encountered the chi-blockers, chalk that up to surprise but after they got the drop on her the only time they ever proved a challenge to her was when they where in large numbers.

@morgrim said:

@Dextersinister: sir r u cray cray do u honestly believe korra can beat katara without avatar state keep in mind that aang had trouble fighting azula and katara is arguabley stronger than azula and aang is stronger than korra no argument katara would in fact demolish korra i mean she had trouble beating a guy who only used water bending not to mention the chi blockers however katara in the end would lose but only due to numbers however is she were blood lusted i could see her killing everyone

It took the combined efforts of Katara and Zuko to take down and crazed and Azula who Zuko said was not as good as she normally is. So no Katara is not stronger than Azula or Aang and even then that isn't a very good comparison as Aang like Azula had received there training in that time.

At the same age Korra and Aang would be just as equally skilled, I am basing this off pure common sense as there is no way in hell that the writers would risk offending anyone by making one better than the other even though they are the same person spiritually. Aang would be more skilled in the practical uses of bending as he values that over combat as his pacifist nature has shown on multiple occasions, Korra would be more skilled in combat, it's her interest.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morgrim

@Dextersinister: sir i beg to differ zuko said He couldnt beat azula they never said anything about katara and in the end katara did beat her plus everytime they have fought its either been a stalemate or a katara victory such as when they were underground and katara was about to destroy azula and zuko had to come save her butt plus do u know how many times katara has been outnumbered shes had to fight off entire dai lee squads not to mention legions of earth benders oh and btw there was a whole battle forum about korra and aang and everyone agreed aang is signifigantly better so yes katara would in fact mop the floor with korra

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dextersinister

@morgrim: You are correct about the underground fight and Azula but it's so unrealistic that Katara could possibly beat Korra considering all the points I've made prior, Korra is simply better trained, more mature, more aggressive and being the protagonist almost certainly more skilled although the last one is just me assuming but it almost certainly holds true. I see no reason outside of Katara was here first fanboyism as to why anyone would think that 14 year old Katara wouldn't get destroyed by Korra.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PlasticBag

Korra solos.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dextersinister

@PlasticBag said:

Korra solos.

I believe she does so with incredible ease because it boggles the mind to think that Katara with a few months of training can possibly stand up to an adult who has been training since a young age and attained the rank of a master water bender.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morgrim

@Dextersinister: i beg to differ first off korra snt an adult she is 16 and katara has beaten people twice her age secondly when looking at the training and skill of the characters u need to realise korra learned at a fairly basic pace she was taken in a like 8 and learned slowly and progressively while fighting people who had no ill will towards her however katara on the other hand mastered water bending in under a year taught the avatar and was constantly being attacked b people who ere trying to KILL her she is way more battle hardened and skilled than korra not to mention talented and aggressive i mean she mastered in 10 minutes what took a master water bending fighter months to master {blood bending} and also katara is a million times more mature than korra i mean korra acts like a child while katara was forced to grow up so as to take care of all those around her u would have to be crazy to think korra stands a chance against her

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morgrim

Bump

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dextersinister

@morgrim: Katara is actually 19, Korra has a handle of fights spread over a year I would hardly call that battle hardened especially considering the LOK was a much darker show with more pressure placed on it's protagonists, the scariest villain in the LOA was a small girl so Katara's fights where normally against nobodies even the Firelord didn't feel like a credible villain as they had kept him in the dark until the very end only really displaying his cruelty and not his power or presence, in LOK they fought an army of super agile chi blockers with advanced tech.

Aang was originally a much better water bender than Katara as she was originally not very good the writers changed this because she didn't bring much to the group so we have to assume Aang fell behind as he was divided between 3 other elements and she received a random power upgrade, I couldn't picture Katara standing up to the threats from the LOK series.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morgrim

@Dextersinister: sir r u insane in the membrane u believe more pressure was on korra a well trained girl ewho had a city full of people backing her fight against a minority group vs aang a 12 yo old with only air bending who basically was fighting against a nation that had control of about half the world and he had to do it with only help from katara soka and toph so dont claim korra had it harder plus aang had to learn all the elements while trying to stop ozai secondly katara was 14 how did u get 19 check ur facts also of course she is battle hardened after fighting epert benders everyday with her death in mind also azula was a more dangerous villian than amon the most amon woul;d do is take away ur bending azula would kill u plus amon had a small following and limited resources while azula was backed by a nation also the reason y katara became better was because she was determined not to mention gifted so ur argument is invalid katara would mop the floor with korra as would azula and aang korra had it easy so just stop

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Katara easily if they are limited to pro-bending amounts.
Other than that, Katara > EoS Korra. Korra doesn't solo anything.