Floopay's Challenge: Wulfgar (IDW/Novel) vs. Bane (DC)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Floopay

What is Floopay's Challenge?

Normally when I create threads, I try my best not to actually debate in them. In these threads, however, I will actually be debating. I will be making fair fights (as fair as I can find) and picking a side to debate with.

That being said. When you enter this thread you may feel free to debate for whichever character you like. Regardless of whether or not it's the character I've chosen to debate in defense of.

Why make this?

For those of you who don't know, I don't read much Marvel/DC these days. As a result, many of the characters I've grown fond of, I just can't make threads for. Mainly because most people haven't really heard of them, or have any real knowledge of what these characters can do. I find this will be a great way to debate against some of ComicVine's more popular character with less popular characters, and hopefully increase awareness of these less popular characters.

Wulfgar (IDW, and Devil Due Comics. Also Novels)

No Caption Provided

vs

Bane (Pre-52)

No Caption Provided

-Weather: Cloudy, light sprinkles, sun is mostly hidden behind clouds. About 75º F (24º C)

-Time: 3pm, 5 hours of daylight left

-Population: Relatively empty, just a few bystanders. No cops will be showing up.

No Caption Provided

Round 1:

• Both are unarmed
  • Both start 100 feet apart
  • Can see the other in full view.
  • Both have general knowledge on the other
  • Morals on
  • In character

Round 2:

• Wulfgar has Aegis Fang (his hammer)
  • Bane has Venom (enough to boost his stats, but not so much to lose control of himself)
  • Morals on
  • In character

Round 3

• Wulfgar has Aegis Fant
  • Bane has as much venom as he believes he will need
  • Morals off
  • In character
  • They have two days of prep

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wulfgar looks like one manly mofo

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any opinions?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine008

@floopay: You should probably post feats for Wulfgar.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Floopay

@angryprune: @wolverine08:

Wulfgar

Wulfgar, Son of Beonegar

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - Wulfgar's strength is far above any normal human. Capable of fighting toe to toe with giants and ogres, Wulfgar's strength is perhaps one of his greatest assets.

Peak Human Stats - Wulfgar's other stats are peak human for a person of his size and weight.

Enormous Man - Wulfgar is seven feet tall, and weighs approximately three hundred and fifty pounds.

Supreme Training - Wulfgar has honed all his senses, muscles, and abilities to near perfection. He is a fighter of both enormous strength, and expertise finesse.

Barbaric Rage - Wulfgar's already seemingly indomitable strength, stamina, durability, pain tolerance, and etc. can become increased even further when Wulfgar enters into a rage. The unfortunate side effect, is that his attacks lose a bit of finesse (though he still maintains much of his training, he does become a slight bit more brutish).

Aegis Fang - Wulfgar's weapon, Aegis Fang, not only comes with enhanced striking power, but will magically reappear into his hand if he wills it to. It does not fly back to his hands, it merely teleports back into his hand. There does seem to be a good 5 or 10 second waiting time from the time it's thrown.

Aegis Fang

Forged by Bruenor Battlehammer, and blessed by the gods, Aegis Fang is one of the most formidable weapons in R.A. Salvatore's entire novel series. When thrown it returns to it's wielder, and it enhances it's users striking/impact strength. Considering the man wielding it, it can be a most formidable weapon.

Bok

This is Bok. He's completely mindless and does whatever his master commands him to do to the best of his ability. He doesn't hold back, and he doesn't have any logic. At one point, he runs to his master and punches through a castle wall effortlessly, with no ill effects to his body. Feel free to click the link for further information on Flesh Golems.

Training

Wulfgar relies on a combination of his basic warrior insticts, and the skills taught to him by his master, Drizzt Do'Urden. Drizzt is probably one of the greatest fighters in Forgotten Realms history, and he was trained by his father Zaknafein Do'Urden (possibly the greatest fighter in Forgotten Realms history). His immense size, and indominable strength are only one of his greatest assets.

Wulfgar vs Heafstaag

This is a fight between Wulfgar and a guy named Heafstaag. Heafstaag was capable of giving even Drizzt a hard time. However, Wulfgar is able to humiliate him in weapons combat, and then crush the guys skull between his fingers. Heafstaag, as you can see, is also quite a bit bigger than Wulfgar, yet Wulfgar still overpowers him.

Wulfgar vs. Ingeloakastimizilian (aka Icingdeath)

Icingdeath is a White Dragon with a powerful ice breath. Wulfgar challenges it in open combat (foolishly). He fights it with a few powerful blows that send this thing reeling. However, it comes back and not only hits him with a few good blows (which would easily kill any normal person), but also tanks a frost breath head on. In another novel, one of these ice breaths was enough to fully crystallize several human beings.

Drizzt comes in and blinds the thing and shoots a couple arrows. However, Wulfgar does the bulk of the work, and kills it by shattering a giant stalagmite (seriously, a White dragon is about 40-80 feet long without it's tail) and impaling it on it's back. That's a lot of force to provide with one single warhammer throw!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bane

2. Wulfgar

3. Wulfgar

@floopay What side do you choose, and how does the bring x character in an debate with them work?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: I'm going to debate for Wulfgar. I will always side with the less popular character.

Essentially, this thread is my way of debating for unpopular characters I love to read, against some of comic books MOST popular characters. I try my best to keep these threads as even as possible.

And finally, what do you mean bring x character in a debate?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eisenfauste

@floopay: Oh never mind I was thinking of something else :P

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i must definitely read the other books, i've only read 1 until now and i think Wulfgar would win all 3 rounds

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i must definitely read the other books, i've only read 1 until now and i think Wulfgar would win all 3 rounds

I've only read the Legend of Drizzt through the Passage of Dawn.

The best Salvatore books are "War of the Spider Queen" and the "Sellsword Trilogy".

Actually, WotSQ is probably my favorite book series. I'd recommend it if you haven't read it already.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really think wulfgar will take all the rounds

Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Billdevil

I think think this would go Bane, Wulfgar, Bane. Wulfgar is a good brawler and very strong, but Bane has more hand to hand martial skill. Bane can't overcome Agis Fang easily but with two days prep? Wulfgar would play right into Bane's wheelhouse.

Straynger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Bane, Bane, Wulfgar.

If Bane has his wits about him, the barbarian is going down. If Bane is in junky venom mode Wulfgar will destroy him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Floopay

I would say Bane, Bane, Wulfgar.

If Bane has his wits about him, the barbarian is going down. If Bane is in junky venom mode Wulfgar will destroy him.

While I don't disagree with this. I believe the hard thing to overcome on Bane's part in Rounds 2 and 3 is going to be Wulfgar's range.

Not only does he have a huge reach and striking advantage with that hammer, but he can throw that thing from quite a distance, and it always appears back in his hand seconds after it lands.

It's going to be a tough fight all 3 rounds I believe.

Thanks for reading,
Floopay

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@floopay: Wulfgar is the one character I could honestly never really get into in the Drizzt series. I don't know, just didn't click with me.

Anyway:

1. Bane - He's more skilled than Wulfgar, and arguably they are equal in durability. Wulfgar relies on power when he doesn't have Aegis Fang, but it's been proven that skilled combatants like Drizzt can and have been his nightmare. I think bane has the strength and skill to edge out against the Son of Beornegar here.
  2. Wulfgar. I think Aegis Fang gives him a ranged and melee advantage, and the magical nature of his hammer has hurt even the likes of demons if memory serves. He can start hitting Bane before Bane can hit him, pure and simple.
  3. Three might be able to go either way. Bane has pretty good prep feats, while I can't really recall any notable ones of Wulfgar on his own. However, again, Wulfgar is more damaging with his hammer and it's not like he's stupid. He's a very capable barbarian and has a keen sense of his surroundings where prep might not help Bane much. Not to mention the physical-boosting barbarian rage.
the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a cool fight.

Round 1: Bane. They should be pretty similar statwise, but Bane is undoubtedly more skilled h2h combatant and by a significant margin.

Round 2: Could go either way but propably Wulfgar. Aegis-fang is a pretty powerful weapon and would tip the scales in Wulfgar’s favour.

Round 3: Prep time grants Bane a decisive win.