CAV: Yuri Boyka(ComicStooge) VS Drunken Master(LukeHero)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse
No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Fully Healthy
  • H2H Only.
  • Going All Out.
  • Druken Master is fully drunk.
  • Win by TKO: Total Knock Out or Death
  • No Knowledge.
  • Starting Distance 20 feet
  • Live On Pay Per View(For $89.99, 15% of Proceeds Goes to Children Hospitals)

Battlefield:

No Caption Provided

Fight Music Playing In The Background:

No Caption Provided

=================================================================

Note: We realize there are fans of both Scott Adkins & Jackie Chan, so feel free to leave a comment of excitement & encouragement, but please respect this is a CAV. This is not a normal debate thread if you are new to comicvine, this is a Challenge A Viner Thread where only Comicstooge & I will be doing the actual debating.

Thank You.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Check it out, make sure everything is cool. :D

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@lukehero said:

@comicstooge: Check it out, make sure everything is cool. :D

Sweet.

Do you wanna go first or should I?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note: We realize there are fans of both Scott Adkins & Jackie Chan, so feel free to leave a comment of excitement & encouragement, but please respect this is a CAV. This is not a normal debate thread if you are new to comicvine, this is a Challenge A Viner Thread where only Comicstooge & I will be doing the actual debating.

Jet Li wins.

Thank You.

Your welcome.

Looking forward to this fellas. Should be a fun one to read when it's all said and done. Tag me!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap I'll be watching this closely. I've watched all of the movies and have a couple of thoughts of how this fight will play out. Tag for votes please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Nice.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I'll let you go first. I'm going to go back and watch some of these 4 movies we are basically using. Or, at least try to go over the details of fights themselves.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

tag me for votes please!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ComicStooge

Round 1:

Yuri Boyka is a renowned prison fighter with ridiculous strength, agility, speed and skill that make him comparable to even a comicbook character. While the Drunken Master might have completely mastered his chosen martial art form, Yuri trained his entire life to be the best in every facet of fighting whether that be striking, wrestling or submissions. In his own words...

Loading Video...

This first fight particularly shows his speed, agility and brutality:

Loading Video...

Notice his various dodges, flips and counters? That's the sort of stuff he'll be pulling off against the Drunken Master here. It's worth noting he isn't limited to a small ring here and he's free to flip and move around an entire battlefield, giving him even more options.

Has the Drunken Master faced an opponent with such a wide variety of fighting moves? Boyka will throw knees, spinning kicks, takedowns, elbows etc. If Jacki hasn't seen moves like that before, he'll struggle to counter them.

Here's Boyka's second fight, against another opponent.

Loading Video...

Once again, Boyka's agility is on full display with his spinning kicks and flips. Along with that, he shows some submissions, such as a choke hold. He also displays a lot of creativity and unique moves, like when he headbutts his opponents fist during a punch (at such an angle where it hurts them) or that headlock bulldog move he uses at 1:05. Or how about this kick, where Boyka uses one foot to kick his opponent and the other to divert their arm out of the way? This is the sort of creative fighting Yuri will use here, except he has far more options given the open environment.

Just to show off Boyka's skill a little more, check out these examples of Boyka's training. He shows off a hurricanrana (a pro-wrestling move) followed up by an arm bar (that he uses to break a man's arm):

Loading Video...

And he demonstrates more skill here (a Judo throw and that headlock/funky head scissor move):

Loading Video...

Or how about striking power? Boyka hits hard enough to kick a wooden bench into splinters:

Loading Video...

And he can punch through wood as well:

Loading Video...

Furthermore, he's strong enough to easily snap an opponent's neck and can even attack vulnerable points such as the throat:

Loading Video...

If either of these attacks are used of the Drunken Master, the fight will be over.

In short, Yuri Boyka is a hard-hitting, grappling, flipping, submission machine who's brutality far exceeds his opponent. The Drunken Master might be a skilled martial artist, but Boyka trains to fight in brutal prison MMA fights and does so with the intention to become the most skilled fighter on the planet in every area. His versatility and physicals are the main elements that will allow him to gin victory here.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Whew, good stuff and really quick yo!!! I'll try to get my response together(probably won't be as fast as you though) , this is something to chew over. You and Yuri looking very impressive, but you're gonna get one hell of fight from me & Jackie. :D

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@comicstooge: Whew, good stuff and really quick yo!!! I'll try to get my response together(probably won't be as fast as you though) , this is something to chew over. You and Yuri looking very impressive, but you're gonna get one hell of fight from me & Jackie. :D

I'm excited to see where this goes.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lsdajfg;hladfkgj;aklfjg I should be the one debating for Yuri Boyka. -cries-

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lsdajfg;hladfkgj;aklfjg I should be the one debating for Yuri Boyka. -cries-

Nah. You wanna know why?

I am the most complete debater in the world.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mickey-mouse

@comicstooge: I just knew you were gonna post that :D . I'm watching these movies. Going to bed, but I shall post tomorrow. This will be tough, but fun. You and ole Yuri are no joke.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@comicstooge: I just knew you were gonna post that :D . I'm watching these movies. Going to bed, but I shall post tomorrow. This will be tough, but fun. You and ole Yuri are no joke.

Sure thing, homes.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mickey-mouse

@comicstooge:

Round 1:

Jackie Chan's Wong Fei-hung aka the Drunken Master is a master at the art of the Legendary Art of Drunken Boxing. In the first film his Uncle Beggar So trains & teaches him about his secret style based on the Eight Drunken Immortals(Gods).

Loading Video...

Drunken Master's Teacher: Beggar So aka So Hai

No Caption Provided

Chan's teacher wasn't just some ole dude. He was actually a main character portrayed not only in this movie, but in several other films by the same martial arts actor Yuen Siu-tien. Yuen is perhaps best known as Beggar So (A.K.A Sam Seed) in three films: Drunken Master, Story of Drunken Master and his final film Dance of the Drunk Mantis. Having been trained by a Main Character who was a bad*** himself. I believe Chan will take the clear advantage when it comes to training IMO.

Not to say that Yuri didn't train his *** off or isn't a hard worker, or didn't train well, or get good training. But, I believe in a character being trained by someone with actual feats shows depth and authenticity. I see this point being made by other respectable viners when they bring up points for comicbook characters such as being trained by the likes of Batman, Lady Shiva, David Cain, or the League of Assassins when they compare members of the Batman Family to others who may have been trained by themselves or no namers. I believe viners like Jedixman, Frozen, and yourself have brought this up as a valid point, so I hope there will be no disrespect for Yuri taken if I bring this up as a point of emphasis here.

=========================================================================

Pre Drunken Master:

Even Before he became The Drunken Master. Chan's character was an excellent martial artist & was fully capable of using the more traditional styles of Kung-Fu. During the two films he even demonstrates knowledge of the Five Animal Kung-Fu styles as well.

Warning NSFW Language In the dailymotion video above and in the scan below:

In his fight with his Drunken Master teacher he used Crane, Monkey, & Tiger style against him. This fight was before he became the Drunken Master.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• At 6:18 to 7:10 he fights & embarrasses his martial arts teacher. If you notice Chan is more than willing to fight dirty & stomps on his Teacher's toes.
  • At 12:00 to 14:25 Chan fights a bully at the Market Place. Please take note of how Chan outmaneuvers his opponent, using the market place table. Chan uses a back handed fist and sends his opponent sprawling towards the ground and into a basket. Chan also dodges and further out maneuvers him by rolling on top of his opponents back to get behind him.
  • Chan's opponent picks up and sword and begins to swing it with noticeable skill, but yet misses Chan every time as Chan dodges his quick attacks easily. Although Scott Adkins is no slouch on quickness and speed. I believe that as the fight goes on I will prove Chan is the quicker of the two.
  • After the fight at 17:38 to 18:06 it is revealed that Chan beat the guy so badly he broke his legs, thumbs, and his skull.
No Caption Provided

========================================================================

Countering Yuri's Striking Power:

Scott Adkin's character's striking power is very impressive, but it's actually not something Chan hasn't dealt with before. Even in his Pre-Drunken Master form, Chan has taking hits & kicks from opponents such as Thunderleg & Iron Head.

Side Note: Thunderleg actually fought two others in the film Drunken Master. He kills Charlie Wie the Four Door Fist Champion. Charlie was strong enough to snap pieces of thick wood in half with his excellent striking power with one strike(Compare that to Yuri who had to punch through wood with several hits). Also Thunderlegs also fought & defeated Jackie's Film dad who was also a master of Kung Fu. Now although Charlie never really lands a direct hit on Thunderlegs, I want you to think about how durable Thunderlegs must be in order to block strikes with his body that can snap pretty sizable wooden posts with one strike. Think about how hard Jackie would have to hit him in order to injure someone like that, who has that kind of tough bone density. Think about how that fact compares to Yuri's own striking power? Now, so far by far feats Yuri is taking the edge. But, I think this may show Chan isn't too far behind him when it comes to the subject of striking power.

Charlie Wie Vs Thunderleg:

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided
Thunder Legs Snaps A Piece Of Wood In Half That Was Several Inches Thick, With One Kick
Thunder Legs Snaps A Piece Of Wood In Half That Was Several Inches Thick, With One Kick
No Caption Provided
Iron Head Breaks A Brick Right On Top Of His Head
Iron Head Breaks A Brick Right On Top Of His Head

If you will, please go back up to the Dailymotion video above. At 49:31 to the end of the video, Chan takes a beating from Thunder Legs, and is able to sustain the damage with no broken bones or even drawing much blood(if any really, I didn't really notice any). At 52:40 Thunder Legs shows what type of powerful kicks he was hitting Chan with and snaps a thick piece of wood in half with one kick.

Iron Head vs Chan:

Overall, I won't count this as a true win for Chan over Iron Head, because he receives help from his master and has to use a weapon to beat Iron Head. BUT: I will count it as a major achievement for Chan's durability because of what the video demonstrates.

Now if you take a Look at this Youtube Video here, this further demonstrates Iron Heads incredibly hard head & Chan's durability to such an incredible hit.

Loading Video...
  • At 0:20 to 0:38 Iron Head hits Chan with his head on is chest, gut, and back. Chan is able to handle the blows and keep going. Chan did all of this before finishing his training and becoming the Drunken Master. In fact Chan was completely sober during this whole ordeal which further demonstrates his baseline stats(without being drunk).
  • At 1:13 to 1:17 Chan again shows how he can outmaneuver an opponent by spinning off Iron Head's head on to his other side.
  • At 1:21 Iron Head headbutts Jackie so hard it sends Chan flying, but Chan is still able to take the blow like a champ and keep fighting.
  • At 1:50 Chan again shows how he can use the environment around him to his advantage in a street fight. He leap flips right off of a table to avoid Iron Head's further attacks.
  • At 1:53 Iron Head splits open a piece of wood. At 2:00 he busts up open a large heavy vase filled with water.
  • At 2:05 towards the end of the youtube video Chan begins slamming Iron Head's head with a large mallet. Even though Chan keeps slamming Iron Head's skull, the he really only sustains a bit of damage. He gets some large lumps on his head, but he doesn't get KOED. I will say that even on some comicbook characters that several slams to the head with a mallet would not only have KOED them, that probably would have cracked their skulls.

Seeing as how Chan was being hit with such an incredibly hard head. I truly believe that he can take any amount of damage from even Yuri's incredible strikes. Even Yuri's body parts can't possibly be as hard as Iron Head's head. When comparing Yuri's head(for his headbutt), fists(punches) , feet(kicks) , elbows(elbow strikes) , and knees(knee strikes): if Yuri had any his body parts repeatedly slammed by a large mallet his bones would crack. So far from what you have shown although Yuri is extremely impressive. I would honestly put Iron Head's skull above that.

Countering Yuri's Neck Attacks:

Yuri has shown an awesome neck attacks: his throat punch & neck snap. However, I think Chan has some clear counters towards those attacks as it's not something unfamiliar to him.

If you go up to the Dailymotion video at 27:24 Chan shows have his incredible neck strength. His father punishes him(for his disobedience) by tying his neck to a very large pot of water. Now he had to have been there holding that big pot of water for a while. I say that because if you notice the scene before that it is day time when his father further becomes pissed off at him. Then in the next scene with the neck torture when his friend comes through the window you can clearly see the sky is pitch black indicating that it is night time. So most likely he was there for enough time to pass from day to night.

No Caption Provided

In the Dailymotion Video from 46:49 to 46:55 he has his neck slammed & squeezed by a double door trap. The doors slam on both sides of his neck further demonstrating his necks incredible toughness.

No Caption Provided

(Post Drunken Master Level)

In Chan's final fight with Thunder Legs, he takes a leaping scissor kick right to the throat & chest. Keep in mind this is the same kick that broke a thick piece of wood in half with one strike. Chan takes it and recovers quite quickly. As you can see if you watch a bit longer after the kick, although this is post Drunken Master Level, Chan wasn't fully drunk as he had to take another drink to finish the fight.

The main point here is with Chan's incredible neck strength, combined with his particular unusual ability to sustain attacks to his neck. Yuri will find that his throat punch and even neck snap will be a lot harder to hurt Chan than any other opponent he has faced. I'll even point out that Yuri used those two particular moves on non main characters who don't have actual durability feats IIRC.

Countering Yuri's Grappling & Submission Holds:

Although submission and grappling is another Scott Adkins character excels at, it's not something Jackie's Drunken Master is altogether unfamiliar with. I believe in this two Jackie has some counters. Here is an example of one.

(Post Drunken Master)

During the final fight vs Thunder Legs: Thunder Legs entraps Jackie in a standing sideways armbar. Jackie then uses Cripple Lee(One of The Eight Gods) to counter and dances out of it.

Click Here For Video Clip

No Caption Provided

Now although it was Jackie's master who had to call out the counter, in the 2nd film Jackie is on his own and has fully mastered the Drunken Master fighting style and can handle his own counters by himself. If Yuri puts Chan in a submission hold, he can use this trick or maybe some others to get out of it, or hopefully avoid them altogether.

This should due for now, but I'll try and comeback to this point later.

========================================================================

Countering Yuri's Flips & Versatility:

Jackie has encountered fighters who present a large array of moves such as Iron Legs who if you watch the entire youtube fight below you'll see a wide variety of skills being utilized. Such as: Kicks, Chops, Punches, and even his Devil's Shadow Hands. So fighting someone with versatility shouldn't be something difficult for The Drunken Master. Drunken Master has a particular talent which if you don't mind I'll hold to the end that can counter a versatile fighter like Yuri. But, for now I'll move on to another point.

Even though the Devil Shadow Hands seemed to be a move meant to confuse an opponent, Jackie was able to figure out an appropriate counter move. Even despite the fact that was the first time he ever saw it. Therefore even though he might not have seen some of Yuri's special moves like his particular brand of flips, airborne kicks & other jumping attacks. That doesn't mean Chan can't use his experience and mental sharpness for recognizing counters to find the right counter to each move.

Even though it would be awesome for you and readers to check out the entire fight if they really want to be able to judge how well Jackie counters and fights, I marked the video here for a reason. In this clip right at the mark till 2:32. Chan drops to his knees to duck an attack and then counter strikes with his own attack.

Drunken Master VS Thunderleg:

Loading Video...

Now why do I bring this up? Because it's a bit reminiscent of a move George Chambers uses very effectively against Yuri. In this clip here. George Chambers Ducks Yuri's flying spin kick by dropping to knees and counter strikes with his own attack.

Now I definitely am not trying to use some gross ABC logic and say hey whatever George can do, so can Jackie. But, what I will say is that it's not outside the realm of possibilities that The Drunken Master is keen enough to figure out that he needs to duck an incoming flip or flying attack. As he was clever enough to figure out how to counter another tricky attack he was faced with such as The Devil's Shadow Hands, even though that was the first time he saw it.

The Drunken Master Goes On The Attack:

Now that I have shown off some of Jackie's counters and his incredible durability. I'll go through some of his attacks and put him on offense.

Drunken Master vs The Chained Henchman:

Loading Video...

Up above in this youtube video this is a good example of Chan tanking hits and given it back to a decent opponent. The Chained Henchman uses a heated chain and wraps it around his hand to deliver a devastating blow.

• At 0:10 to 0:14 he hits a guy so hard it sends him flying across the room. Jackie actually has to brace himself to catch him.
  • At 0:24 to 0:27 he punches Chan right in the gut with a power punch.
  • At 0:44 to 0:47 Chan uses one kick to send him sprawling backwards.
  • At 1:24 to 1:26 Chan pretty much b*** slaps him and sends him towards the ground.
  • At 1:37 to 1:50 Chan shows his incredible tolerance for pain as he places his foot on the heated bricks and it even catches fire. Then he kicks the guy in the chin/neck so hard it flips him on his backside.
  • If you notice At 1:59 several secs after the kick the guy is still on the ground holding his neck feeling the after effects of Jackie's kick.
  • Throughout the fight take notice Jackie is quick enough to avoid the Chained Henchmen's chain swings.
  • Also the chained Henchmen actually had feats before fighting Jackie. I highlight this because of all of the complaints from viners about facing previously featless characters: Stares at Frank D'amico.
  • If you watch Here from 1:17:52 till 1:19:09. He beats up some factory workers. He blocks a handful of steel rods one of the workers swings at him. He picks a guy up and tosses him through a window. He kicks a guy so hard he sends him back into the shelves. He also even starts to draw blood from a guy even though only fighting him for a little bit.
  • Just in case you need proof that is the same guy, here is his Showreel on youtube. His real name is Vincent Tuataane.
  • Also note this fight was when The Drunken Master was sober.

Drunken Master Vs Tsang:

Tsang is a martial arts instructor at the Jackie's Film Father's school. Now before this fight he was featless. But, later on in the film he actually at least beats up some fodder. I know, he doesn't do anything massively impressive, but at least that's something.

Loading Video...

• At 0:47 Jackie starts out using traditional fighting methods.
  • At 1:01 that's when he switches to drunken boxing.
  • At 1:29 to 1:32 he appears to grapple with Tsang and use pressure points on his back.
No Caption Provided

Again at 1:36 to 1:39 Chan uses pressure points, but on the neck. I will also note, Chan was clearly really hurting Tsang. But, The Drunken Master really didn't seem to want to hurt his opponent. As once Chan saw Tsang was really hurting, he loosened up his grip. Even when the girl declares Jackie the winner. He humbly downplays it and says it was a draw.

No Caption Provided

No this isn't silly Comicbook pressure point attacks where Batman jabs the pressure points and the Badguy instantly collapses to the floor. This is a more toned down movie version, but the principle is still the same. Bypassing someone's durability to blunt force strikes, kicks, and punches by effecting the points on their body and inducing crippling pain.

=======================================================================

In Conclusion(for now): First Round Wrap Up

Both of these guys are amazing fighters, but I believe Chan's durability and resistance to the type of attacks Yuri will use, will help Chan win the fight. Chan can counter most(if not all) of what Yuri will attack him with. Mix in Chan's great resistance to neck attacks, blunt force, and his keen ability to counter special moves mid battle: Chan should take the clear majority when these two meet in a street fight. Yuri has some great striking feats, but I don't think Chan is too far behind either. Add in the fact Chan will be targeting specific pressure points to bypass Yuri's durability and that Yuri may not have a counter for it, and you'll see that I can prove The Drunken Master at the end of this debate will be the winner.

I know this may have been a long post for an initial post, but I feel like I have a lot to cover. I'm actually saving some of Chan's many other special moves and counters to use in later rounds of the debate.

Yuri/Scott Adkins is one tough customer, but I believe Drunken Master/Jackie Chan has what it takes to win this Fight.

See You In Round 2!!!!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Cool. Yurt is tough and I know he's got some more tricks up his sleeve.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@lukehero: Oh my...someone put Boyka in a CaV?! I haven't read through both responses yet, but tag me for voting!

P.S. - don't worry about that first sentence. Yuri's one of my favorite characters, but I'll be completely objective.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonsterStomp

That was a massive ass post.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ComicStooge

Round 2:

In regards to training, Boyka himself was trained by a former Russian soldier named Crot. He mightn't have been trained in a bunch of funky ancient martial arts, but though Crot himself was crippled and old, but he was extremely knowledgeable.

Crot was the guy who taught Chambers the ins and outs of MMA.

Loading Video...

Durability:

In any case, DM's striking is pretty good, but then again, so is George 'The Iceman' Chambers. Chambers was a 2 time Heavyweight Champion of the World and only lost his title the first time because he went to prison. His striking feats are on par with anyone in Jackie's moves:

Chambers strikes can send dudes flying around:

Loading Video...

Yet he was incapable of knocking Boyka out with his striking:

Loading Video...

True, Boyka was taking a beating, but we have to consider the fact that he wanted to beat Chambers at his own game. The moment he started using his full arsenal, he had the edge.

Chambers was able to counter Yuri's moves because Chambers learned from Yuri's own teacher. That and he'd observed Yuri pull the move off. Jackie had neither of those luxuriates and while he's got a knack for counters, the more is sure to get him off guard, given Boyka's usage of it (which I'll detail in the section below).

Even in the second fight, the only way Chambers could put Yuri down was by breaking his leg:

Loading Video...

Watching the whole fight really puts into perspective how difficult Yuri is to put down.

Skill:

However, we fast forward to Undisputed 3, where Boyka really shines...

In Undisputed 3, Boyka spent the years after his defeat as a janitor, neglecting his training or any sort of exercise. However, this changes when he finds out about a global prison fighting tournament called the Prison Spetz Competition, were the winner gets an early release.

Boyka decides to train in order to mend his broken knee. Despite being out of practice, Yuri curbstomps a fighter who was skilled and physically impressive enough to be considered the best fighter in the Russian prison system (in a world where prisons are filled with oddly skilled martial artists, no less):

Loading Video...

He dominates multiple other fighters to show off his might. The guy is obviously impressive and an out of practice Yuri made him look like a joke.

Now, Jackie isn't the only guy used to fighting diverse, skilled opponents. The PSC had a melting pot of styles, such as this guy, Andriago Silva who's a Brazilian Capoeira fighter. He's beating Greece's best prison fighter here:

Loading Video...

Capoeira is not totally unlike Chan's own style. Very randomized and difficult to predict.

Still, despite his acrobatics and skill, Boyka defeats him:

Loading Video...

Or how about French Savate fighter Jean Dupont (the video miswrote his name):

Loading Video...

Countering the Drunken Master's counters:

DM might have some fancy grappling moves of his own, but by Undisputed 3, Boyka's style had moved beyond what we saw in the second installment and he actually began to counter those who thought they knew his style.

The following points are GIF heavy:

Now, Drunken Master might be able to escape a submission...

However, Boyka has shown that when an opponent does this, he puts them in an even more effective hold:

No Caption Provided

Drunken Master might have some grappling skill, but Boyka's own skill also affords him a great deal of skill at countering grapples himself:

No Caption Provided

If Chan attempts to grapple Yuri, he's bound to fail.

Now to address more of Boyka's unpredictability, even when it seems like his opponent has countered:

Exhibit A:

he misses a kick, only to land another while in mid air:

No Caption Provided

Exhibit B:

Boyka throws a kick and his opponent dodges, however, Boyka swings around and again and kicks him anyway.

No Caption Provided

In any case, how's Jackie's ground work/ ground and pound? If Boyka floors him and works from there.

No Caption Provided

As seen here, Boyka lands a German suplex on his opponent, before using ground and pound tactics. The frenchmen tries countering, but Boyka's own wrestling knowledge allows him to still maintain the edge. If Chan doesn't know what to do here, he could find himself in hot water.

Boyka's wresting can actually be used in conjunction with the environment to give more more maneuverability:

No Caption Provided

So it's just another thing Jackie must worry about.

And despite Chan's own defensive skills, just remember, Boyka doesn't just use his acrobatics to attack. He can move seamlessly from offense to defense in an instant:

Exhibit A:

No Caption Provided

Exhibit B:

No Caption Provided

Exhibit C:

Boyka shows he can avoid strikes and immediately counter attack:

No Caption Provided

Even if Jackie's neck is too durable that it can't be snapped or he's difficult to choke out, Boyka can utilize various other submissions, like kneebars.

No Caption Provided

Evidently, he's hardly limited to just going for the windwipe. Limbs are extremely vital, as Crot caught him and Chambers that a man is like an upside down pyramid - cut his base and he falls.

For the record, even in regards to Boyka's fancier moves more acrobatic moves, he generally employs them after a combo or when his opponent is stunned:

Exhibit A:

Stuns his opponent with a punch before using his funky spinning kick:

No Caption Provided

Exhibit B:

He lays down a brutal combo and uses flips to keep it going when his opponent is worn out.

No Caption Provided

Exhibit C:

No Caption Provided

Boyka uses a flip-kick against a stunned, wounded John DuPont. When his opponent gets up, he ducks and does one of his signature flip moves again again before finishing his opponent up with another airbourne kick.

Clearly, DM might have a more difficult time countering Boyka's flips and kicks than he normally would, given Boyka's tendency to stun his opponents before using them.

Pain tolerance/countering nerve strikes:

Chan might be able to utalize nerve strikes to hurt opponents, but Boyka's pain tolerance can overcome this...

During the PCS, he had his injured knee exploited more than a few times, but still did his crazy flips regardless:

No Caption Provided

And against Chambers, he was on the receiving end of multiple precision strikes and absolutely would not get KO'd or lose the ability to use his limbs:

No Caption Provided

While these mightn't seem too impressive, my next post will show you how damage Boyka can really withstand.

In Summary..

- Striking goes to Boyka, as you yourself have admitted (though this edge isn't huge)

- Durability might be a slight edge to Jackie, however, Boyka's pain tolerance lessens the edge somewhat

- The Drunken Master might be able to counter grapples, however, Yuri has proven that even when someone can counter one of his submission attempts, he can simply lock in a deadlier one

- Chan's neck might be too durable for Boyka to exploit, but DM's limbs aren't

- Boyka's kicks are notoriously hard to avoid

- Boyka's agility will allow him to avoid many of Jackie's strikes and he can counter attack

- In terms of quality of training, Drunken Master has the edge. However, Boyka has a more rounded skillset with disicplines like wrestling as well as ground and pound that DM might struggle with

- Boyka's pain tolerance will allow him to withstand DM's precision strikes and nerve attacks

- Boyka himself has faced multiple opponents with unique styles (boxing, savate, capoeira etc) so DM's is something he shouldn't struggle with too much, as he should adapt to it.

- Ultimately, Boyka is the more well rounded of the two and his versatility makes him a bit too much for the Drunken Master

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I so want to finish this man. If you're still interested I am gonna come back to this.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@comicstooge: I so want to finish this man. If you're still interested I am gonna come back to this.

I'm in my last year of high school, but I'll respond if I can.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Last year of highschool, enjoy it man. But, damn yall make me feel old. I'm gonna work on this on the weekend and try an cranknaomething out.

Avatar image for mightythunderbird
MightyThunderbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boyka

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I just want you to know, I watched those first two clips and then immediately clicked off the page and went and watched Undisputed II. Holy canoles I have a new favorite movie.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The greatest match ever!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: I just want you to know, I watched those first two clips and then immediately clicked off the page and went and watched Undisputed II. Holy canoles I have a new favorite movie.

Glad you liked them.