CaV: Aokiji (Defaint_Will) vs Aspen Matthews (Wyldsong)

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aokiji (Defiant_Will) vs Aspen Matthews (Wyldsong)
Aokiji (Defiant_Will) vs Aspen Matthews (Wyldsong)

RULES

• Composite Blue Aspen Matthews
  • Current Aokiji
  • In Character, but Serious
  • Random Encounter
  • Fight to K.O., Death, or Incap
  • Fighters Start 50 Feet Apart
defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Wyldsong

@defiant_will: Looks good bud, start when ready. As a head's up though, due to the holidays and all, I may be a few days, but I will see what I can do for an opener soonish. Oh yeah, need to add the equalized speed bit.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

T4V.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP. This looks pretty good.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHOS HERE BEFORE THIS CAV CANCELS

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thenewguysnm1

4-0 Newguy #war newguy # Newguy bless#Never forget

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

@defiant_will: Alright my friend, I'll do a quick little intro to kick this off. I will be honest, I usually don't debate against anime/manga characters. Generally most of those characters seem to be debated at the hypersonic+ range, and to be honest, most of my preferred character's just aren't that fast. That said, I am also generally not one to restrict characters or give them enhancements in CaVs...but...we have been talking for awhile and trying to figure out a good combo for a CaV...and when you suggested this match-up with equalized speed...well, I made an exception, because overall, it sounds like a fun, debatable match=)

Since both of these characters are from water based series, and I forgot to check on the battleground, I am running this debate assuming that we are around an ocean, with maybe some islands nearby I would guess.

No Caption Provided

Aspen Matthews

Aspen is a unique being in the world, the only person to be born of a union of the underwater races of the Blue and the Black. As such, she has the ability to manipulate water and energy for a variety of effects. Aspen is also a world renowned marine biologist, and of course, is a bit of a genius. Aspen has been shown to do a wide variety of things with her powers, and has been shown to pretty much replicate the abilities of nearly all of the underwater races, of which there are a few. I am opting to use composite Blue feats for this debate though, mainly to show off some awesome feats from the series, and to give more of a comparison to just what Aspen can do, having matched her power against some of these characters and having come out on top.

Water Manipulation

When you are facing Aspen, we are talking about facing someone that is part water manipulator, energy manipulator, and even a partial weather witch. This is someone that can separate oxygen from water, can shape and harden water, release a form of energy from water, manipulate energy directly, or how about creating heavy water while smack dab in the middle of nuclear fusion:

No Caption Provided

While I find that extremely impressive, let me give you an idea of the scale of her powers and abilities. There are members of the Black who were capable of creating city busting attacks:

No Caption Provided

These guys were on the warpath, trying to wipe out humanity and all, and they decided to create an attack much larger than what I just showed above. This attack darkened the sky as far as the eye could see, and it took several of them to create:

No Caption Provided

Aspen pitted her will and power of hydrokinesis up against several powerful members of the Black, and tore down the attack all by her lonesome:

No Caption Provided

Which pretty much solidly places her as the most powerful water manipulator in the Fathom universe, overriding the power of multiple water manipulators on her own, and bringing down what was much larger than the previously shown city busting water attack. Few Elite Blue can match something like that, and the only other instance that even comes close is Kiani with her shielding the city of Mogadishu (larger than Manhattan), with a dome of water from missile attacks:

And possibly Trish destroying the underwater city of Hereta in one shot:

Obviously, there is more to bring up here, since I haven't even talked about her energy manipulation and her slew of offensive/defensive options, but for this first post, I just wanted to give you an idea of the scale of her abilities. Although, as I am sure you are aware, Aspen is not without offensive capabilities, as evidenced when she pulled a one-shot on an entire naval fleet:

Now, lets talk a little about the physical stats...

The Physicals

Overall, Aokiji from what I understand is probably physically superior to Aspen. He is the stronger and faster of the two in a pure physical sense, and possibly the more durable of the two. Honestly, pure physical strength is going to probably be fairly negligible here. Aspen generally approaches combat with her powers, and with her water control, she is a class 100. Utilizing the feats shown in the previous section, if the city level feats on the composite side, or one-shotting an entire naval fleet isn't enough to prove that...then here she is destroying and dragging a naval sub up from out of the depths:

No Caption Provided

Speed feats, I won't really get into at this point, since we equalized speed for this discussion, but she has been shown to pretty consistently make water react faster than bullets, energy attacks, missiles and so on:

With that stuff out of the way, water heals and rejuvenates Aspen. So she does have a bit of a healing factor where water is involved:

No Caption Provided

And since we have plenty of it around, she'll have some staying power here. To further the discussion though, Aspen's innate durability is pretty much far, far, far beyond that of a baseline human. The Blue obviously survive and swim in the deepest oceans depths without aid of any sort protective equipment, and Aspen is no exception to that rule:

While I can get into her tanking explosions and tonner level hits while in her human form, I won't spend much more time on it right this second, so I will just show her tanking and breaking out of an attack combined of earth, ice and liquid magma, and leave it be for now:

FYI, once Aspen fully realizes Anika is using water to accomplish her tricks, Aspen basically overrides control of all water in the area, leaving Anika powerless, and lays the smackdown on her:

No Caption Provided

Like a boss=)

Also, if we go back to my intro section...note that she was smack dab in middle of nuclear fusion. Not that extreme heats are something she is going to have to deal with against her foe here, but it is another good example of her durability/healing. Anyhow, there will be much more to discuss on this front, but for now, let us move on=)

Skill/Training

You may be thinking that they probably didn't train in combat techniques in her marine biology classes...and you would be right in that thought. Good thing that Aspen has in fact been trained in combat by Killian. She learned how to use her powers for destructive purposes, and learned how to use weapons and so on.

No Caption Provided

While she may not be taking down Batman in pure hand to hand, with her powers in the mix, she is more than a match for the majority of foes. Overall, I would expect that Aokiji is probably the more formidable in strict hand to hand and melee. That said, Aspen has taken down some of the top names in the Fathom universe, including her own teacher Killian, all due to her combination of skill and creativity with her powers. Considering the way she generally approaches combat, it is doubtful the battle will come down to hand to hand or melee, but she is far from unskilled=)

In Closing

So, a quick little intro, with some very basic information. I don't think there was anything shocking or surprising there, and we still have a long ways to go. I have read a little with debates on Aokiji in the past, but honestly, I don't know what to take at face value and what to believe on his feats and abilities. So, I won't touch on that, and will instead wait on your opener before I begin to discuss options on countering his powers and abilities. I think Aspen has a few options on that front, and it should be fun overall to see just how this all pans out. In the end, I need a little more intel on Aokiji before I truly begin to expand on my girl's powers and capabilities in this discussion.

So, let's see what you got...and of course, here is the obligatory Aspen hawtness to close out with...

No Caption Provided

Onto you my friend.

@vsw: Your tag=)

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. T4V

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice post

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4-0 Newguy #war newguy # Newguy bless#Never forget

Nice post

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@defiant_will: Not sure if you have started anything yet, but I thought my original opener was a bit light, so I fluffed it up a bit. Just a heads up, will not be changing or adding anything else.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wyldsong