Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Damn this is a good thread.

Can see myself siding with Sora due to a skill advantage and having enough power to at least hold his own across the board. Cade can also take wins by abusing his Force powers, primarily Dark Transfer.

Not sure if I see Bane winning being an option.

(:

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@i_like_swords: while Sora is stated to be a master duelist in all forms, does Sora feats prove this? He did lose to Vos and he is no master duelist. He also lost easily to Dooku even though he had Tholme as backup.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8bitgangsta: He was beating Vos, he only lost because Vos managed to pull it together during Bulq's WWE finishing move.

He didn't necessarily lose to Dooku, just got disarmed of his shoto. This happens quite a lot in duels even between opponents who are equals with a blade. Even an inferior party can disarm their superior at times. He eventually lost through power.

Bulq has his feat of fighting evenly with Windu, as well. While this can be attributed partially to Windu and Bulq knowing each other inside and out as fighters, you still need to be very skilled to operate at a high enough level to match Windu. That combined with him bettering Vos is enough to put him ahead of Cade and Bane.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@i_like_swords said:

Can see myself siding with Sora due to a skill advantage and having enough power to at least hold his own across the board. Cade can also take wins by abusing his Force powers, primarily Dark Transfer.

(:

How in the hell is Sora above Bane?

Dessel beating Kas'im before he changed to a style Bane was unfamiliar with is good enough for Bane to be in Bulq range, and Bane is head and shoulders above Bulq in the physical department and raw Force powers.

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@i_like_swords said:

(:

How in the hell is Sora above Bane?

Dessel beating Kas'im before he changed to a style Bane was unfamiliar with is good enough for Bane to be in Bulq range, and Bane is head and shoulders above Bulq in the physical department and raw Force powers.

I'm lighting the @burnface signal.

He's more skilled.

Why is beating Kas'im a match for beating Vos or fighting evenly with Windu under aforementioned circumstances? As far as I know Kas'im's main claim to skill is his technical proficiency of all seven forms, which has nothing to do with practical skill otherwise Cin Drallig would be in Bulq range.

I doubt physicals would really matter all that much. What is Bane's best claim to power outside of nexus showings?

Caseiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Caseiden

Darth Bane and Sora Bulq ally themselves because they're both darksided, they brutally curbstomp Cade, and after 3 seconds of heavy breathing, when they think they're done, Bane suddenly murders Sora with Lightning to fuel his greater Dark Side bloodlust.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@i_like_swords:

I'm lighting the @burnface signal.

I'm shaking in my boots.

*sarcasm*

He's more skilled.

When did I say he wasn't? If this was a duel only match of course I'll side with Bulq----but this isn't.

Why is beating Kas'im a match for beating Vos or fighting evenly with Windu under aforementioned circumstances?

When did I say match? I said he should be in Bulq's range, meaning he shouldn't be too far behind, like, at all. Sora's a low-level 8 at least and mid at best 8, while Bane is a mid-tier 7 at least to high tier 7 at best. Hence he should be in his range. it's also worth noting, that this was years before Bane's prime when he held an advantage over Kas'im.

As far as I know Kas'im's main claim to skill is his technical proficiency of all seven forms, which has nothing to do with practical skill otherwise Cin Drallig would be in Bulq range.

He also had a reputation as one of the most skilled Sith in The Brotherhood of Darkness, and the best Bane has ever seen, that is at very least enough to elevate him to low-level 7.

I doubt physicals would really matter all that much.

It wouldn't play a huge role. But it can help bridge the skill gap between Bane and Bulq.

Regardless his TK advantage is certainly there, and Lightning could also be of use.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

I'm shaking in my boots.

*sarcasm*

He has killed Bane countless times on the versus board battlefield. With him at my side, there is no conflict I cannot be victorious in.

When did I say he wasn't?

You didn't. That was my reasoning for Bulq being better than Bane, primarily.

When did I say match? I said he should be in Bulq's range, meaning he shouldn't be too far behind, like, at all. Sora's a low-level 8 at least and mid at best 8, while Bane is a mid-tier 7 at least to high tier 7 at best. Hence he should be in his range. it's also worth noting, that this was years before Bane's prime when he held an advantage over Kas'im.

As far as I know Kas'im's main claim to skill is his technical proficiency of all seven forms, which has nothing to do with practical skill otherwise Cin Drallig would be in Bulq range.

He also had a reputation as one of the most skilled Sith in The Brotherhood of Darkness, and the best Bane has ever seen, that is at very least enough to elevate him to low-level 7.

Well this sounds fair enough to me.

It wouldn't play a huge role. But it can help bridge the skill gap between Bane and Bulq.

I'm not certain it would. Bulq isn't overflowing with physical showings but one could argue that the physicality of those he fought (Vos and Windu) wasn't enough to make a huge difference, so it wouldn't with Bane either. Vos and Windu are both physically powerful in their own right, and also both adequately fast.

Regardless his TK advantage is certainly there, and Lightning could also be of use.

Based on what? Lightning could be problematic admittedly, but is his TK really enough to tilt the fight in his favour?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

He has killed Bane countless times on the versus board battlefield. With him at my side, there is no conflict I cannot be victorious in.

No Caption Provided

You didn't. That was my reasoning for Bulq being better than Bane, primarily.

I thought I made that clear what the whole Bane should be in Bulq's range part, but fair enough.

Well this sounds fair enough to me.

Alright.

I'm not certain it would. Bulq isn't overflowing with physical showings but one could argue that the physicality of those he fought (Vos and Windu) wasn't enough to make a huge difference, so it wouldn't with Bane either. Vos and Windu are both physically powerful in their own right, and also both adequately fast.

Fair enough.

Based on what? Lightning could be problematic admittedly,but is his TK really enough to tilt the fight in his favour?

Bane has killed Qordis (who was one of the most powerful Sith in the Galaxy at the time) with the Force, melted blaster with a telekinetic wave, pushed back half a dozens armored soldiers while crushing their bones and organs and leaving cracks in the wall, leveled a camp sides, etc, etc. I also seem to recall him hurling Zannah with TK, but I can't find the feat. In terms of Force Lightning, Bane wrecked an entire room the very first time he used Lightning, charred flesh, etc, etc.

I'm not saying Bane could stomp Bulq straight out in the Force, but it can definitely alter the outcome of the battle if he decides to actually use it when he sees he can't be Bulq for a majority via dueling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Bane has killed Qordis (who was one of the most powerful Sith in the Galaxy at the time) with the Force, melted blaster with a telekinetic wave, pushed back half a dozens armored soldiers while crushing their bones and organs and leaving cracks in the wall, leveled a camp sides, etc, etc.

Killing Qordis is a good feat, how good depends on how powerful Qordis actually is. Those other two TK feats are pretty good, but I wouldn't say they're too far ahead of Vos shattering a stone cliff something like a decade before his prime, more or less, or levitating a large boulder for an extensive period of time from a far distance away, and then continuing to do so after being pierced by several ninja stars. And Bulq was throwing Vos around repeatedly with telekinesis during their fight, and was also able to directly TK Windu at one point (who in turn also managed to TK Bulq).

I can agree to Bane having an advantage, but it's probably only worth as much as the dueling edge Sora has.

In terms of Force Lightning, Bane wrecked an entire room the very first time he used Lightning, charred flesh, etc, etc.

What do you mean by the first feat? I don't know if charring flesh is enough to do much other than push Sora back somewhat, unless he charred the flesh of a force sensitive.

I'm not saying Bane could stomp Bulq straight out in the Force, but it can definitely alter the outcome of the battle if he decides to actually use it when he sees he can't be Bulq for a majority via dueling.

I think his power edge is enough to bring the fight quite close to a stalemate, which seems fair for both sides.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Killing Qordis is a good feat, how good depends on how powerful Qordis actually is.

I don't know, in fact, I don't recall him having any feats at all. All we know is he was stated as being one of the most powerful Sith in the galaxy at that time.So you can basically take what you will from the showing.

LAL

Those other two TK feats are pretty good, but I wouldn't say they're too far ahead of Vos shattering a stone cliff something like a decade before his prime, more or less, or levitating a large boulder for an extensive period of time from a far distance away, and then continuing to do so after being pierced by several ninja stars. And Bulq was throwing Vos around repeatedly with telekinesis during their fight, and was also able to directly TK Windu at one point (who in turn also managed to TK Bulq).

I can agree to Bane having an advantage, but it's probably only worth as much as the dueling edge Sora has.

Fair enough to all of this.

What do you mean by the first feat?

My mistake, looking over the text again, it said it had the power to rip apart an entire room.

The smell of burning ozone wafted through the archives, filling Githany’s nostrils as she watched Bane practicing his latest exercise. The room crackled and hissed as he channeled the energy of the Force and flung it about the room in great arcing bolts of blue-violet lightning.

Githany stood with Bane at the center of a maelstrom. A fierce wind swirled around them, tearing at her hair and the folds of her robe. It rocked and shook the bookshelves, knocking manuscripts to the floor and rifling their pages. The air itself was charged with electricity, causing her skin to itch. In the midst of it all, Bane laughed, then raised his arms in triumph and launched another blast to ricochet off the far wall. Each time the lightning flared, the intensity of the flash burned Githany’s retinas, causing her to shield her eyes. She noticed that Bane didn't look away: his eyes were wide and wild with the rush of power. The thunder was almost deafening, and the storm was still building. If Bane wasn't careful, the echoes would reach the levels above the archives, revealing their secret training ground to the rest of the Academy. Moving carefully, Githany reached out and touched his arm. He snapped his head around to face her, and the madness in his eyes almost made her recoil. Instead she smiled.

"Very good, Bane!" she shouted, trying to make her voice heard above the din. "That’s enough for today!" She held her breath in anticipation until he nodded and lowered his arms. Instantly she felt the power of the storm abating. Within a few seconds it was gone; only the mess it had made remained.

"I’ve-I’ve never felt anything like that before," Bane gasped, his face still showing his exhilaration.

Githany nodded. "It’s a remarkable sensation," she agreed. "But you must be careful not to lose yourself in it." She was parroting the words of Master Qordis, who had taught her howto summon Force lightning only a few days earlier. However, she had never conjured anything even approaching the majesty of what Bane had just unleashed.

"You must maintain control, or you could find yourself swept up in the storm along with your enemies," she told him, trying to mimic the calm, slightly condescending tone the

Masters used with their apprentices. She couldn't let him know that he had already surpassed her in this new talent. She couldn't let him know that she had felt the cold grip of fear clutching at her during his performance.

He looked around at the toppled shelves, taking in the books and scrolls strewn about the room. "We’d better clean this up before somebody sees it and wonders what happened in here."

She nodded again, and the two of them set to restoring the archives to their previous state. As they worked, Githany couldn't help but wonder if she had made a mistake in allying herself with Bane.

Only the top apprentices had been present when Qordis had taught them to use the dark side to corrupt the Force into a deadly storm. None of them-not even Sirak-had been able to create much more than a few jolts of energy that first day. Yet only an hour after being taught the technique by Githany, Bane had summoned enough energy to rip apart an entire room.

---Taken from Path of Destruction

I don't know if charring flesh is enough to do much other than push Sora back somewhat, unless he charred the flesh of a force sensitive.

You think Bane killing a human being and charring them as the after effect is enough only to push him back?

Clenching the fingers of his left hand tight against his open palm, Bane wheeled toward the two men on his right and thrust his fist up into the air. A dozen forks of blue lightning arced out from above his head to envelop the screaming soldiers, cooking them alive. Shrieking in agony, they danced and twitched like marionettes on electric strings for several seconds before their smoking husks collapsed on the ground.

Source: Rule of Two

Credit Shootingnova

Also, skimming through respect threads, I found this feat for Bane; even after she deflects Bane's lightning with her blade, she is sill forced back by the shear power it possess:

As she moved in for the kill another burst of lightning came toward her. She caught it with her lightsaber, but the impact drove her backward a step, giving Bane just enough room to duck down beneath her coup de grace and scramble clear of the wall.

Source: Dynasty of Evil
Credit Shootingnova

I think his power edge is enough to bring the fight quite close to a stalemate, which seems fair for both sides.

I can agree there.

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 8bitGangsta

@caseiden: Cade is in the Dark Side as well lol.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 8bitGangsta

@jacthripper said:

@8bitgangsta: Not at EoS

How do you know? He said he is a Jedi, never said he would not be a Grey Jedi, and we never seen him chose to abandon his use of Dark Side abilities. He could very well still use them, and be a "Jedi".

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

cade

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Cade or Bulq. Bane is an inferior duelist to either, and none of his force abilities will really give him an edge against Cade. He dies first

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane's lightning is being heavily overrated as usual, a featless half-trained force sensitive Hetton in ROT dodged it even while Bane was bloodlusted by his orbalisks. Bulq can dodge it or deflect it with his lightsaber, as for deflecting bolts with lightning he was amped by the darkside energies of the stone prison for those feats. There is no evidence he could do it normally.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@burnface:

Bane's lightning is being heavily overrated as usual,

Says who? You?

LAL.

a featless half-trained force sensitive Hetton in ROT dodged it even while Bane was bloodlusted by his orbalisks.

So using one low-end feat trumps the rest of his lightning showings? Do you even see how faulty that logic is?

deflect it with his lightsaber,

Show me Bulq deflecting Force Lightning.

as for deflecting bolts with lightning he was amped by the darkside energies of the stone prison for those feats. There is no evidence he could do it normally.

...wat are you even talking about? No one said anything about this at all.