User Lists: 0

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@emmafrostxmen: honestly can’t speak for Black canary skill feats. Don’t know any beyond Gail Simone stating to be one of dcs finest fighters or something to that extent.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Batman. I just can't see Black Canary matching his high-ends like one-shotting Lady Shiva and stalemating Karate kid twice, once in zero gravity. But she will definitely give him a great fight.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman still be ahead of the Black Canary in skill. She give good battle to him=)

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has more experience and skill

giga_canon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black canary if she has her powers. bruce otherwise

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: it's like Bat already has defeated her - gagged her with a foam that shut her mouth ans one-shotted her with a single kick.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opps that's embarrassing for Dinah

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 geekryan  Online

Bruce, though it's a close fight.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VioletKyoshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Shiva was being mind-controlled by Grodd when Batman oneshot her. That's the only time he's ever beaten her.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stirlingarchrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By stirlingarchrr

If Canary could have beat Batman, she would have by now, equal stats he still has better gear and skill

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@stirlingarchrr: no gear and they’ve never engaged in combat (barring mind control) ever so i don’t see them never fighting as evidence either.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@samgee: actually i do not but i remember reading about it. definitely not usable for skill based scaling. mind control feats are always difficult to place.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Bruce wins on skill, and I think morals off makes the gap wider.

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samgee: yes. It's canon. From "Vixen: Return of the Lion" #5 (Post-Crisis continuity).

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@violetkyoshin: not only, he has beaten her back in late 80's or 90's, though he had some help from Robin.

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplehairedni1: Bat-Kick has drew blood and staggered Spectre himself, dude. As much as I love Black Canary, Batman beats her anyway.

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: it's not an anti-feat. It's a showing that Batman can perfectly counter Canary and if they would fight without any gear, then Dinah should be barred to use her Canary Cry, and even if she still can use it, Batman can easily incapacitate it via pressure points and throat strikes. In-character, Dinah won't go all out, so there's no "Black Canary screams and turns Batman into a liquid".

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Even with her better showings in Birds of Prey Canary's always been established as not as skilled as the tippy top guys like Batman and co. She's never been at that level and it being morals off makes Bruce a lot better at kicking her ass without the Canary Cry being abused.

@emmafrostxmen said:

@samgee: actually i do not but i remember reading about it. definitely not usable for skill based scaling. mind control feats are always difficult to place.

People like to cope about the Grodd instance but Shiva was still fighting as competently as she was in other instances as with all of the other supervillains there. There was no suggestion she was nerfed or weaker given she was tagging Batman a good few times and putting him under pressure. Bruce got pissed thinking about what Shiva did to Catwoman and one-shot. Not that hard to really figure out all things considered. I don't think there's any context for people to use from that.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@violetkyoshin: not only, he has beaten her back in late 80's or 90's, though he had some help from Robin.

I mean that's less reputable because that was very early in her publication history but it's still a thing, I suppose

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Alex_Ferrana_

@professorrespect: I agree. As much I love Black Canary, she is not as good as Batman in terms of martial arts (she's still great, but Batman is greater). And her Canary Cry still helps her a lot. Plus, even though once Barbara Gordon claimed that Dinah can take on Batman, it doesn't mean that she can beat him. IRL example - a lot of boxers was able to take on Mike Tyson, but only few of them managed to defeat him.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wayne and rather comfortably.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@professorrespect: batman has never really been at a level where he can feasible stomp someone with the reputation of shiva. batman straight up admitted he can’t beat cassie and cassie herself has lost to shiva on occasion. it could be usable if they had a solid fight and bruce managed to win, but no martial artist in dc is stomping shiva without pis or mind control shenanigans.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex_ferrana_: they didn’t actually fight even. batman just kicked her while she was mind controlled after surprising her with gear.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@emmafrostxmen said:

@professorrespect: batman has never really been at a level where he can feasible stomp someone with the reputation of shiva

He did it before with Jason Todd Robin etc, unless you think Jason somehow is too much for Shiva that doesn't really make much sense. Batman in all of their other instances was either weakened (Knightfall where he was physically crippled and mentally unstable) or inconclusive.

It's Batman 2/Shiva 0 in my mind from Post Crisis references. Shiva in both of those instances was not tangibly hindered in any sort of way that is based on factual information and Batman was focused and determined not to pull his punches.

batman straight up admitted he can’t beat cassie and cassie herself has lost to shiva

Cassandra only loses to Shiva because of either holding back (which she openly admits to doing most of the time as her childhood conditioning means she's always seeing people's lethal weak spots, even in casual conversation) or other context. Cassie minutes after dying beat Shiva to death in a fair 1 v 1 fight when that's not in place and her morals aren't in the way.

Batman very much can go on Cassie's level. Winning is another thing altogether though not irrelevant here.

but no martial artist in dc is stomping shiva without pis or mind control shenanigans

Richard Dragon/Fake Prometheus/Cassandra Cain/Connor Hawke/Archer Brawn/Sa'ar and more were all PIS? Poor excuses you are making here ngl.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@professorrespect: i don’t mind you arguing he can win against shiva, but arguing that bruce one shotting shiva is consistent comes off as untrue. they are both some of the best fighters in the dc universe. to imply batman is so significantly above a high tier martial artist (debatably top 3-5 in the verse) that he can not only low diff her but to go as far as curbstomping her is quite out of the realm of possibility.

mind control feats are always sketchy for martial artists already so with the added unrealistic nature of the feat it’s quite dismissible. shiva isn’t too far off cassie and if shiva can fight cassie she’s more than capable of fighting batman.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@emmafrostxmen said:

@professorrespect: i don’t mind you arguing he can win against shiva, but arguing that bruce one shotting shiva is consistent comes off as untrue

Him being able to do it when specifically determined and focused off the anger of his long-time girlfriend getting nearly beat to death is perfectly justifiable given the context.

to imply batman is so significantly above a high tier martial artist

Did I say that? I just said he beat her when pissed off. He did. He did so earlier on with Jason Todd as well when equally determined.

mind control feats are always sketchy for martial artists already

No context in the actual issue itself shows that as factual in any form possible so again this is simply false. She fought perfectly fine against Batman in that instance (even getting the first hit on him alongside multiple shots afterwards) so it's not even like she got sidelined in two seconds lol.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@professorrespect: that would be due to stats then and in this fight stats are equalized.

“No context in the actual issue itself shows that as factual in any form possible so again this is simply false”

^its impossible to know therefore making it not usable. it’s completely speculative. there are instances of it not hindering skill and one’s where it does. shiva landing a hit doesn’t mean that she’s fighting 100%. impossible to know in either direction. when ivy was controlling flash he was notably less combatively effective for one.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: that would be due to stats then and in this fight stats are equalized

How is it down to stats? What determines it as stats based on him being pissed off at Shiva?

^its impossible to know

It IS possible to know, you repeating this over and over like it's a actual point means nothing. Shiva was perfectly fine fighting Batman and he noted nothing about her being weaker/slower bar the lack of talking. She scored multiple shots and wasn't anything lesser.

shiva landing a hit doesn’t mean that she’s fighting 100%

Nor does "mind control bro" make her somehow not 100% despite no proof backing this up. There's no evidence of your point, so I can just dismiss it equally without anything.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@professorrespect: if you’re one shotting someone that means you landed a single hit that was powerful enough to ko them immediately by definition. you said shiva got hits in so hypothetically had you swapped their stats then by extension shiva would’ve won the fight and the reverse would’ve occurred. batman with shiva’s stats vs shiva with batman’s stats would have resulted in shiva winning due to her getting the first hits in. that’s why it’s stats rather than a skill based victory.

of course she’s not physically weaker or slower…when did i say mind control messed with her physical stats? what i said was it messes with skill due to the character not being in their right state of mind. they aren’t them so they by extension aren’t fighting like themself. that’s how it works.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@emmafrostxmen said:

@professorrespect: if you’re one shotting someone that means you landed a single hit that was powerful enough to ko them immediately by definition

power + skill etc

unless you can quantify it more as power than bruce just being reasonably capable enough to finish the job with his morals then it doesn't matter.

you said shiva got hits in so hypothetically had you swapped their stats then by extension shiva would’ve won the fight

Did I say anything about Bruce's stats? Read again.

when did i say mind control messed with her physical stats

When did I say that, exactly? Sounds like a shitty strawman to me. I said:

"Nor does "mind control bro" make her somehow not 100% despite no proof backing this up."

no stats mentioned etc

what i said was it messes with skill

nothing mentioned in story or with context clues so debunked immediately

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I know, still doesn't change the fact that she was basically one-shotted.

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: in my opinion, people kinda wanking Shiva too much due to her statements and status of a top tier martial artist, despite her having several instances where she had clear limits and losses.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've yet to see either Shiva or Cass or Dinah stalemate Karate Kid in zero gravity.

Alex_Ferrana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Batman has beaten Cass Cain in sparrings when she lost her body language reading ability, scolding her that her overreliance on that ability cost her actual combat skills.

Dingus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: A light punch to the right spot will still spark you out.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex_ferrana_: cassandra speaks in body reading. it is her first language and always will be what she’s comfortable with. if you take away someone’s main way of communication they will have a very hard time communicating and fighting is all about reading, predicting, and reacting. cassandra without body reading isn’t cassandra.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@professorrespect: mind control isn’t being in your right frame of mind and we’ve seen over and over again fighters be hindered by their frame of mind not being in the right place. there’s countless examples throughout fiction and i know you’re aware of that. for one, when emma frost takes control of people they have a completely different skill set than they had prior. they start using their powers in completely different ways.

however, i’m well aware we aren’t going to agree here i’m just going to drop it.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: mind control means you aren’t in your right mind. you’re being controlled and therefore aren’t thinking as you normally do or with the same objectives/morals which is why it is hazy scaling. this goes for all mind control. when emma frost controls mutants they use completely different skills and fight completely differently despite it visually looking similar due to their powers remaining the same.

regardless i’m aware you’re never going to agree with me and i’m not going to agree with you. it’s best we drop it.