Batman Vs Bane Vs Vandal Savage Vs Lex Luthor

Denzio97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who's the best tactician? Who's got the most brilliant mind?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex and Vandal Savage are close. But in terms of feats, Lex wins.

Avatar image for thewhitelantern
TheWhiteLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheWhiteLantern

tactician? damn.. maybe batman(only since that what he's best at) or maybe lex, i cant decide. Most brilliant mind i'd say lex no contest.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best tacticiain

1. Batman

2. Bane

3. Lex

4. Vandal

The most briliant mind

1. Lex

2. Batman

3. tie between Bane and Vandal

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tactician? Definitely Bruce. Vandal is up there too. New 52 Bane hasn't shown much tactics so far.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigCimmerian: Best mind. Lex> Bruce? I disagree. Lex is a better scientist and engineer. But in the pure sense of word, Bruce is smarter. He's a good engineer(not as good as Lex) and way better tactician and detective. His brain works much faster. Give both of them a puzzle to solve, and Bruce will be the winner. Ask them to create antidote for a certain virus, Lex would create it first. A chess match- Bruce would come out as victor.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@BigCimmerian: Best mind. Lex> Bruce? I disagree. Lex is a better scientist and engineer. But in the pure sense of word, Bruce is smarter. He's a good engineer(not as good as Lex) and way better tactician and detective. His brain works much faster. Give both of them a puzzle to solve, and Bruce will be the winner. Ask them to create antidote for a certain virus, Lex would create it first. A chess match- Bruce would come out as victor.

I agree with you 100%, but I used Comic Vine logic when Bats and Lex fight. Batman couldn't beat Lex in prep battle no matter what. Lex can send Bizarro and army of Doomsdays at him and level Gotham flat with nukes from his satelite.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RBT

@BigCimmerian: This is where morals come into play. Do you think Bruce without morals won't be able to hack into US nukes and level metropolis? He can. But he won't. A prep battle between Lex and Bruce can go into Bruce's favor if his morals are off.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

Lex

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dextersinister

@rbt said:

The best mind would be Lex by far, he excels in every applicable form of intelligence, and has has mastered every form of science, Batman has terrible social skills, no one trusts him, Luthor can convince the world that heroes are the real threat and is probably the best character at getting villains to work together without infighting.

Puzzles would be dependent on the puzzle, Lex would win at Chess considering he has photographic memory he would have a massive advantage.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dextersinister: Bruce masters in all forms of science too. Batman has terrible social skills. Bruce doesn't. Heroes actuallly work under his leadership so I don't see how that is a problem.

Bruce has photographic memory too, you know? Chess is a game of strategy. Saying that Lex can beat him in chess is an insult to Batman's detective skills.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

The best mind would be Lex by far, he excels in every applicable form of intelligence, and has has mastered every form of science, Batman has terrible social skills, no one trusts him, Luthor can convince the world that heroes are the real threat and is probably the best character at getting villains to work together without infighting.

Puzzles would be dependent on the puzzle, Lex would win at Chess considering he has photographic memory he would have a massive advantage.

Batman has photographic memory too and everybody trusts Batman lol.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Bruces level of scientific knowledge doesn't come close to Luthors, Batman is not a master of every form of science and wouldn't consider himself one, at best he is knowledgeable in every form, your confusing socializing with social skills, he betrays the trust of the Justice League because he doesn't trust them, Lex Luthor can get the Joker to play nice.

There are no hidden meanings in chess, the best way of winning in chess is mapping ahead as many moves as possible moves, retaining and ditching that info when needed, Lexs mind would be better at that than Bruces.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dextersinister: I'm not denying that. I even mentioned that Lex is a better scientist.

Him betraying league was a completely different thing. They have potential to be a threat, which they have. Superman brainwashed by Darkseid, Hal going crazy. Batman was right about this too.

Lex can get Joker to play nice? Not really. No one can get Joker to play nice. What you're talking about is not social skills. Its manipulation. Batman is the guy who manipulated Darkseid in doing his bidding.

Mapping ahead is another word for strategizing. And believe me, Lex is not close to Bruce when it cones to that.

Denzio97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Denzio97

@rbt: @dextersinister: @bigcimmerian: I think that's very relevant to your discussion:@BigCimmerian: This is where morals come into play. Do you think Bruce without morals won't be able to hack into US nukes and level metropolis? He can. But he won't. A prep battle between Lex and Bruce can go into Bruce's favor if his morals are off.

Finally, morals count a lot too. Even when it comes to Luthor's presidency, Superman himself said he could have prevented his election but didn't want to use his influence and status to manipulate people's decisions.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Lex is the smartest man on Earth for a reason. :P

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denzio97 said:

@rbt: @dextersinister: @bigcimmerian: I think that's very relevant to your discussion:@BigCimmerian: This is where morals come into play. Do you think Bruce without morals won't be able to hack into US nukes and level metropolis? He can. But he won't. A prep battle between Lex and Bruce can go into Bruce's favor if his morals are off.

Finally, morals count a lot too. Even when it comes to Luthor's presidency, Superman himself said he could have prevented his election but didn't want to use his influence and status to manipulate people's decisions.

Yes, their morals would sometimes be deciding factor of their battles. But, even then Bruce doesn't have Bizarro and Doomsday clone to use against Lex. Maybe those Justice League robots?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lex.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Him betraying league was a completely different thing. They have potential to be a threat, which they have. Superman brainwashed by Darkseid, Hal going crazy. Batman was right about this too.

This isn't about contingencies and Batman was never the only person to think that another member could go crazy, Superman gave Bruce the ring and knew full well of it's existence, it's Brother Eye and Tower of Babel, going behind their back and exploiting the trust the team has in him.

Lex can get Joker to play nice? Not really. No one can get Joker to play nice. What you're talking about is not social skills.

He's done it all the time he was the leaders for the Injustice Gang, he is mentioned as a trope subverter for villain infighting because he's genre savvy.

Its manipulation. Batman is the guy who manipulated Darkseid in doing his bidding.

In the infamous Batman/Superman line, using alien tech, with a code that would be too simplistic for any computer considered secure on Earth let alone one for a doomsday device on one of the most advanced planets in the DC universe.

Your example is also terrible, it's the equivalent of me walking into your house with a bomb and making demands, no one would consider me a smooth operator.

Mapping ahead is another word for strategizing. And believe me, Lex is not close to Bruce when it cones to that.

Your overestimating what that can encompass and not looking at it for what it is, your trying to say that Bruce can handle mentally more data than Lex. Bruces forte would be in uncovering hidden meanings, connecting seemingly unrelated pieces of information and that doesn't apply to chess.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Bane aren't even factors in comparison to Savage and Luthor....This isn't even a battle BTW. Asking who's better at something that isn't fighting isn't worthy of the battle forums whether it's related to battle or not, it's still not a battle. But for the sake of the thread itself, Vandal is the better tactiction due to having over several thousand years of experience fighting in every kind of war imaginable while Lex is the better intellectual due to having the mental capacity and resources to fight extremely powerful super beings head on and nearly wipe out the remaining kryptonian population on two occasions...and you know...become a god....

Killer-Flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATGOD WINS!

PRAISE BE TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!