Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterDetective

Has it ever been said before Batman "dies" that the omega bean just throws you into another dimension instead of killing you, or is it just some excuse not to make Batman die?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I tought that the one who was throwed into another dimension after being "killed" was Captain America. But heck each time a superhero dies they come with something to revive him, even if it´s something dumb.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They've done both for as long as I've known of Darkseid.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterdetective: Darkseid's Omega Beams are highly versatile. He teleports people all the time.

No Caption Provided

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LaserLambert

The first time Darkseid used the Omega beams, he sent the Forever People back through time.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Nerx

Just the common weirdness that surrounds batman, his beams disintegrate those 'not important' to the universe. Seeing how many plot batman packs...

yeah

just

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@masterdetective: Darkseid's Omega Beams are highly versatile. He teleports people all the time.

No Caption Provided

Nice I thought that was just an excuse Grant Morrison made but now I feel this makes him a even better writer.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It was established somewhere that the Omega Beams can in fact revive the dead, if Darkseid killed someone with them. Which is something he has done a number of times on Desaad, because of his tendency to grow too big for his boots and has to be stomped back into line. The odd thing however is that Desaad has managed to worm his way into the only soft spot within Darkseid, since he keeps bringing him back. (In a way it's like the Cain/Able dynamic from the Sandman series).

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@outside_85: Or simply that Darkseid gets a joy out of killing Desaad

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman never died.

He was just sent back in time.

I am an expert on both characters and I have read the issues.Darkseid's Omega Beams sent Batman back in time and when Superman found Batman's supposed body,it was a clone created by Darkseid.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@batshrine: Well according to Bekka (Orions wife) there is no such thing as joy within Darkseid.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I tought that the one who was throwed into another dimension after being "killed" was Captain America. But heck each time a superhero dies they come with something to revive him, even if it´s something dumb.

Not to be nit-picky...but Captain America was never thrown into another dimension. He was just sent flying through the timestream, so that the Red Skull could take control of his body using Doom's tech.

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Batman just eats the Omega Bean Darkseid throws at him

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Urban_Ronin
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Omega Beams have reality warping abilities and can teleport, transport through time, recreate a being, or destroy one. With a blast, he sent Infinity Man to the ends of the universe, but he could have destroyed him with them instead had he so chosen. Generally, Darkseid is shown to have restraint, because his enemies may be useful down the road, but I admit its mainly for plot purposes. A character who can instakill anyone has to show restraint or you will run out of characters pretty quickly.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I am terrified of the Omega Bean. Batman should be too, it is the only thing that negates his bat-power and it's a potent natural laxative. Feeeear the Omega Bean.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Omega beam vs Batman is the perfect example of what happens when an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object.....

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Darkseid said to Batman "can you outrace the omega sanction?" I am assuming that the omega sanction is a type of omega beam that instead of vaporizing you sends you back through time. If this is true I would guess Darkseid did it in an effort to make Batman suffer instead of simply killing him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Darkseid said to Batman "can you outrace the omega sanction?" I am assuming that the omega sanction is a type of omega beam that instead of vaporizing you sends you back through time. If this is true I would guess Darkseid did it in an effort to make Batman suffer instead of simply killing him.

Your assumption is correct. Bruce never died, he was sent back in time and it was already plotted long before his 'death'.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By the_tree

He also did it as a finishing blow to the universe (Although it was unsuccessful). The Hyper Adapter page on here really helps in clearing things up.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Bruce never died,he was sent back in time and it was all part of Darkseid's plan.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

If Batman had 1 more second of prep time he would have won.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always wondered about the omega beams. So they are just more silly magic they can do whatever the writer wants filler? The nuttiest one I've read "His Omega Sanction traps the organism in a series of alternate realities, each one worse than the previous" So these magic beams check out your personal history to know what circumstances would be bad and keep track to send you to progressively worse realities? Like some anti guardian angel? Can't they just be deathly powerful and leave well enough alone?