Tears of a Clown (My fanart)

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

Edited By The Lobster

I'm usually not one to post artwork unless it's a holiday or something, but I needed others thoughts on this. I think it's really good, but I know that no matter what I can always do better. So that's where you guys come in, I'd like some constructive criticism. Here's my Arkham City version of Harley Quinn.....

No Caption Provided
This image just kinda came to me, I wondered what happened between the end of Arkham City and the beginning of Harley Quinn's Revenge. I imagine that Gotham wouldn't really have a funeral for the man who's killed hundreds of people. They'd probably just drop his body in the ground and leave. The only one who'd actually attend the Joker's funeral would have been Harley. I'd also imagine that Batman would kinda feel sorry for Harley, she may be crazy but even crazy people can fall in love. 

Just so you know my favorite artists are Shawn Crystal, Skottie Young, Jeorme Opena, and Sheldon Vella. Just so you know who's been an inspiration in my artwork and what I aspire to in terms of style. 

Alrighty then, let the constructive criticism begin. If you like it, feel free to look at my other stuff and tell me what you think of them at my deviantART page.
ogarza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ogarza

really cool

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Lobster
@ogarza: Thank you. Any Constructive Criticism you can offer?
ogarza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ogarza

before i do that is batman looking at harley or is he facing backwards?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Lobster
@ogarza: Could go either way, I'd like to think he'd be looking at her. After all, he didn't save her boyfriend.
ogarza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ogarza

i really like it and my only criticism is you should've gone with blonde harley. since its based on what happened after arkham city

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Lobster
@ogarza: alrighty then, thanks.
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Pretty good! As far as some constructive criticism... hm. She looks a bit squat, I'll say... short for how thick she is, and her head is a bit too big to be realistic. Unless she's a chibi, I'd say you could use to stretch her out a little, particularly her legs which look almost comically small.

Watchmen95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Watchmen95

Well done! The only thing I can say are the legs could be bigger. Other than that, I like it! :D

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

Pretty good really. I like the separation of foreground and background elements.

A couple of ideas... you might want to cut off the part of the tree that's sticking out of the rectangle. That way you can have a clear separation between foreground (stuff that can come out of the rectangle) and background. Also, you might want to try to make all those things in the background like the tree and Batman be silhouettes, just solid black. OR, keep them colored, but add much harsher black shadows on the left side... think Frank Miller. If you dont want to try that out on your original work, make some photocopies and try stuff out on those. The problem with the background stuff now is that it looks too flat, especially since you have some nice shadowing going on on Harley and the foreground stuff.

Anyway, just some ideas. Hope that helps.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Lobster
@Joygirl said:
Pretty good! As far as some constructive criticism... hm. She looks a bit squat, I'll say... short for how thick she is, and her head is a bit too big to be realistic. Unless she's a chibi, I'd say you could use to stretch her out a little, particularly her legs which look almost comically small.
Thanks, when it comes to style I want something cartoon like but at the same time not cartoony enough that people don't take it seriously. So I'll look into fixing the disproportions in future pieces 

@Watchmen95 said:

Well done! The only thing I can say are the legs could be bigger. Other than that, I like it! :D

. Thanks for the advice, glad you liked it and I'll work on my legs and feet....don't want to be like Rob Liefeld and just ignore them as much as possible. 

@WillPayton said:

Pretty good really. I like the separation of foreground and background elements.

A couple of ideas... you might want to cut off the part of the tree that's sticking out of the rectangle. That way you can have a clear separation between foreground (stuff that can come out of the rectangle) and background. Also, you might want to try to make all those things in the background like the tree and Batman be silhouettes, just solid black. OR, keep them colored, but add much harsher black shadows on the left side... think Frank Miller. If you dont want to try that out on your original work, make some photocopies and try stuff out on those. The problem with the background stuff now is that it looks too flat, especially since you have some nice shadowing going on on Harley and the foreground stuff.

Anyway, just some ideas. Hope that helps.

Frank Miller, that could work. Thanks for the shading and coloring tips. Now obviously artist don't always color there own works in comics, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't work on it some more. Thanks.
Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Katie24

Great now I have that freakin' Smokey Robinson song stuck in my head! :P

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Lobster
@Katie24 said:

Great now I have that freakin' Smokey Robinson song stuck in my head! :P

If this site had a like button, I'd like that comment.
Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Katie24

@The Lobster : :)

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Decept-O

@The Lobster : Nice job, really good.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Lobster
@Decept-O: thank you
LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LipstickZombie

I like it! It has a cool eerie feel to it that fits with Harley.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Lobster
@LipstickZombie said:

I like it! It has a cool eerie feel to it that fits with Harley.

Thanks, any kinds of constructive criticism?
LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LipstickZombie

@The Lobster : I don't know, I like it the way it is