Artist Show-Off #43 Future

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@uncanny_kat is still getting familiar with our site, so as a courtesy I'll start up the next contest on their behalf.

Let's go futuristic, take a character and bring them into the future, the older the character the better, since it would be more obvious of a change. (like Xena in the 30th century). You can still pick your favourite character and throw them really far into the future too.

Contest will end Saturday OCT 7 (extended).

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@egod:

I think this is a great theme.

I want to join but have too many family situations going on at the moment. Im hoping at least a couple of other artists will toss in their creativity with some great art!

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EGoD  Moderator

@ramsillustrations: RL is always a bugger, hope it gets better.

For me it's issues with my dominant arm. Takes a long time to complete artwork and I have too many pieces that still need to be finished, entering contests don't work for me.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz
No Caption Provided

Here is my sloppy entry, Hopefully the concept gets across OK. And I wanna chime in a bit with regards to to time to participate, First I do enjoy this opportunities and look forward to jumping in and having some fun.

Honestly CV will always be home as this is were I was able to grow and practice the most as a self taught artist. Thankfully I have grown enough to say I have commissions and projects that occupy my time these days which means less for contests and Draw One,Ask One's

Case in point with this Future KP, I had the idea immediately but just couldn't figure out the design I wanted, I wanted to include of SKEETS style Ron robot as well, but the next thing I knew time was up lol

In any case, look forward to the other entries!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RamsIllustrations

`

@mrfuzzynutz said:
No Caption Provided

Honestly CV will always be home as this is were I was able to grow and practice the most as a self taught artist. Thankfully I have grown enough to say I have commissions and projects that occupy my time these days which means less for contests and Draw One,Ask One's

Absolutely! Thats why I join from time to time. My practice here helped me to achieve improvements on my art. This is home and winning isnt my goal at this point. Its just about the participation and hoping others will continue to join in. Sloppy? Still is a solid entry from you. Hopefully @egod will extend this in case someone else can jump in.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@egod:

Im with you bud,

I feel for you and having physical limitations on your creativity, another of our members that followed me on FB is also very much limited with using his hand. I hope you can find a way around or past this.

Whether we do it for a career or just a hobby its a passion for most of us. Wish you the best!

My moms health is my situation. Most of my time is devoted to her different situations and my day disappears.

Things escalated at the beginning of covid and continue, no complaints, just that most of my day revolves around her care so my project has taken a backseat to her being my priority.

Mom was so good to me growing up I can only return the favor in her time of need.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blackdog2009
No Caption Provided

movie poster for ROCKY LIVES

Sinopsis: In the year 2076, Rocky Balboa is back. Cybernetically enhanced, now the stakes are planetary as Rocky fights for the fate of humanity against the Martian Giant, four arm Champion Monarch.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@ramsillustrations: Gotta be their for mom :) I'm getting frustrated with the issues of my left arm. It has been getting worse over the years and now that I finally have a family doctor, hopefully it will be resolved and get rid of all the pain. Not fun when you do everything by hand and can't. I can understand how people can be devastated with issues that stop you from doing things you love. Started finding other things to do, like making stuffed teddy bears, but days where the discomfort runs down my arm and causes my hand to shake, I give up on trying to sew, especially after constantly stabbing my fingers several time.

BTW I did extend this for a couple more weeks last night, give people some extra time.

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Make the most of your mum, I wish I did more for my mum and now I try to do more for my Mother-in-law.

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jatinder

Still think of something to draw, I have a few Ideas, just need to put pen to paper, Here is a piece I did a few years ago for a similar competition. Warlock > Magus of the future. This is not my entry but may inspire someone.

No Caption Provided
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009:

Nicely done, solid entry!

@egod:

Wishing you the best, im glad you are finding alternatives for your creativity but it sounds like thats also limited, at least for now. Yeouch, I sew only as emergency measures but yeah getting stabbed can really be a deterent. Hope the doctor can help!

@jatinder:

Thanks man, diapers, turning her meals into puree and washing loads of laundry takes a lot of my day as well as her meds, at one time every 2 hours to taper her anxiety wasnt getting me much sleep.

I havent given up on her and continue to try to give her the best for her situation that I can.

I warn people that the meds they put seniors on shorten lives and cause dementia or make it worse.

I saw you have a cause for it that you are involved in. Kudos to you on that!

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Thank you. Fact of life we all get old and what goes around comes around.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jatinder:

Yes we do. I dont do it expecting anything just glad I was there for both my parents. Couldnt turn my back on my mom when she needs me the most.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EGoD  Moderator
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod: Really appreciate the sentiment! Thanks.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod said:

Contest will end Saturday OCT 7 (extended).

Good call. I was swamped these last few weeks, but I should be able to post something by this coming Saturday.

I'm thinking something like Dejah Thoris in the 41st century. Given how civilization tends to devolve in most science fiction/fantasy "end of days" stories, I'll have to figure out a way to distinguish her future appearance from the past. The woman hates clothes, so it will be a challenge.

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jatinder
No Caption Provided

Here is my entry for this competition. it can be a number of Female characters, Black Canary, or Black Widow, Black cat, etc.. 10 or 15 years in the future, Imagine they have settled down, maybe have 4 kids so why shouldn't they have a family, white roots showing, put on a few pounds (I know I've put on a few pounds, things beginning to sag a little.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's one possible future interpretation of Dejah, who is launched as a Marvel public domain character and immediately finds herself immersed in X-men lore as both the host of the phoenix and the new Queen of the Technarchy in the fictional year of 5055 CE.

No Caption Provided