Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

So about that ending to the Zamasu arc

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thoroughly enjoyed the Zamasu arc, but as I dwell on the intricacies of Goku's actions, I can't help but feel more than a little annoyed.

At this point, Goku is a queer amalgamation of a sociopath and bona fide idiot.

Forgetting the ribbon was bad enough, but only remembering the Zeno button after the entire planet gets wiped out just bothered the hell out of me. I get that his negligence was necessary for the story to play out the way it did, but it severely compromised the character for me.

Trunks and Mai are returning to a completely new time line, with a new Zeno, Gods hierarchy, etc. Which means everyone on the planet who lent Trunks their energy is now abandoned in the After Life for all eternity. It's just ridiculous to me that all those humans that suffered so much over the course of the arc are dead, but they decide they can be happy by simply running off to a new time line, and Goku has this big shit eating grin on his face the whole time.

I know I'm nitpicking, but my god, this all annoyed the hell out of me.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz:

Which means everyone on the planet who lent Trunks their energy is now abandoned in the After Life for all eternity.

Actually Zeno may of destroyed the after life as well, so everyone in that entire timeline may no longer exist, lol.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz:

Which means everyone on the planet who lent Trunks their energy is now abandoned in the After Life for all eternity.

Actually Zeno may of destroyed the after life as well, so everyone in that entire timeline may no longer exist, lol.

Lol WHAT? Was that a universe bust Zeno did at the end? If so that means Goku got an entire universe wiped out on top of everything else. But it's ok guys, we'll go to a new timeline.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alextheboss

@lawz: Ya I'm pretty sure he wiped out either the universe or the entire multiverse in that timeline.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@lawz said:
    @alextheboss said:

@lawz:

Lol WHAT? Was that a universe bust Zeno did at the end? If so that means Goku got an entire universe wiped out on top of everything else. But it's ok guys, we'll go to a new timeline.

Well the timeline was pretty much fu- doomed already... Every single Kaio Shin was dead and Zamasu was merging with the universe and starting to leak to other dimensions...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alextheboss

@rukelnikovftw said:
    @lawz said:
    @alextheboss said:

@lawz:

Well the timeline was pretty much fu- doomed already... Every single Kaio Shin was dead and Zamasu was merging with the universe and starting to leak to other dimensions...

They could of just fixed it with their timeline's super dragon balls. supposedly they have no limit. technically they should still be able to do it, but I doubt they will.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mike_Fowler

"but they decide they can be happy by simply running off to a new time line,"

Uh, that ain't what happened, trunks nearly breaking down at the end shows that. Trunks and Mai what they did to ensure that the people they knew could get at least somewhat of a second chance (that's why he flashes back to future Gohan when he sees Gohan before he leaves)

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:
    @lawz said:
    @alextheboss said:

@lawz:

They could of just fixed it with their timeline's super dragon balls. supposedly they have no limit. technically they should still be able to do it, but I doubt they will.

But then, at what point would it be restored? With Zamasu merged with the universe, like at the very end? Not very convenient... There was no one alive then. When Black had nearly crushed the resistance, like when the arc began? Why not before he killed all those people, those are the ones trunks is protecting right? But then again? why not before Black appeared alltogether?

But all of those would contain another Trunks right? That wouldn't work, it would became a new timeline the moment Original Trunks and Mai step into it.

Well maybe then they can wish for the timeline to be restored, and everyone revived save for Zamasu, but then... would that be trunks "home"? Since he's reviving everyone, why wouldn't he reviva Gohan? Its his mentor and big brother figure. But then again, now that he knows his father, Goku, and the rest of the Z fighters, why wouldn't he revive them all, it would be pretty shitty of him to CHOOSE not te revive them... and then it wouldn't be his world anymore...

Trunks is smart, he knew his world ended.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw:

But then, at what point would it be restored? With Zamasu merged with the universe, like at the very end? Not very convenient...

They could wish for the timeline to be restored with everyone back to life besides Zamasu. If they absolutely had to they could wait a year and make another wish.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@alextheboss said:

@rukelnikovftw:

But then, at what point would it be restored? With Zamasu merged with the universe, like at the very end? Not very convenient...

They could wish for the timeline to be restored with everyone back to life besides Zamasu. If they absolutely had to they could wait a year and make another wish.

I already addressed that wish

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss said:

@rukelnikovftw:

Yes but there is really no reason not to try end revive the timeline. And yes he could revive all of his friends from before too. Even if he didn't, just reviving the timeline would make them exist again in the afterlife at least.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally pathetic.

Zeno just destroy the Universe.Why zeno didn't save people.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:
    @alextheboss said:

@rukelnikovftw:

Yes but there is really no reason not to try end revive the timeline. And yes he could revive all of his friends from before too. Even if he didn't, just reviving the timeline would make them exist again in the afterlife at least.

Yeah, but, as i told you, if he revives them, it would be a world completely different from the one he lived on, and if he doesn't, then he's an egotistical mofo, for not reviving his mentor, father and/or friends BECAUSE that was the world he grew up in. Either option breaks Trunks life. He already lost.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: No they would be the exact same people. The super dragon balls are supposedly all powerful. They should be able to fix about anything.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrx112: Interesting Man who silence all DBS fanboys and even Herms.

https://twitter.com/1000Dante123/status/803027106078789633

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Galactic_1000

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/802948647679688705

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: No they would be the exact same people. The super dragon balls are supposedly all powerful. They should be able to fix about anything.

Ok, i'ññ try one more time, Trunks lived in a post apocalyptic world, where everything is shitty, and almost all his relatives and ppl he cared for are dead. He's the sole defender of the world, and for most of his life had to live in hiding. If they restore Trunks timeline, and revive everyone in it, it would be a completely different place, he wouldn't have to live in hiding, wouldn't be the sole defender of earth, and his father and his mentor would be alive. That is very musch a different world.

Now, for this not to happen, trunks would have to chose NOT to revive his sensei Gohan, his father, and the rest of the Z-fighters, and that is a choice Trunks can't take without being a douche, he's been left in a lose lose situation with regards to restoring his world. That's why his world is gone.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw:

Ok, i'ññ try one more time, Trunks lived in a post apocalyptic world, where everything is shitty, and almost all his relatives and ppl he cared for are dead. He's the sole defender of the world, and for most of his life had to live in hiding. If they restore Trunks timeline, and revive everyone in it, it would be a completely different place, he wouldn't have to live in hiding, wouldn't be the sole defender of earth, and his father and his mentor would be alive. That is very musch a different world.

That would be a good thing though... Why would he want to live in a world where he has to run and hide has the worlds only defender...

Now, for this not to happen, trunks would have to chose NOT to revive his sensei Gohan, his father, and the rest of the Z-fighters, and that is a choice Trunks can't take without being a douche, he's been left in a lose lose situation with regards to restoring his world. That's why his world is gone.

Yes his "old world" was gone, but he can wish back the same people into a new world that is much better than the old one. That way he won't have to share the other world with another Trunks. That's just weird.

Corvin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Corvin123

I think the whole Zamasu arc is terrible for several reasons. The logical contradictions about time travel, Trunks ridiculously PIS power ups, the humiliation of Vegetto and so forth. But the crown on the crapthrone was how awfully neglectful were Goku and Vegeta. Goku forgot senzus, then forgot the urn and they fought all the time like they did not care at all because they knew the plot will save them and the rest is meaningless. Goku said against merged Zamasu: "This is my full power". "Really? What where you doing untll then you neglectful dickhead? Where was kaioken 10x? You know, the technique you used in a meaningless tournament just for fun. I guess the innocent lives of the last survivers are not worth enough for you to try everything you can." The final of this embarrassing battle was quiet proper. They achieved nothing on their own, they had to call Zeno so the whole battle was pointless. The survivers who had so much faith in them all died and they never get resurrected because they all abandoned them. Why did not Trunks and Mai went back to the past and stayed there in the first place? I hope you kids paid attention and learnt a lot about how you should never take anything serious, how ignore everything except for yourself, and about morality just in general. Good job DBS, that was the most disgraceful story I have ever seen in anime, especially in Dragon Ball.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the whole Zamasu arc is terrible for several reasons. The logical contradictions about time travel, Trunks ridiculously PIS power ups, the humiliation of Vegetto and so forth. But the crown on the crapthrone was how awfully neglectful were Goku and Vegeta. Goku forgot senzus, then forgot the urn and they fought all the time like they did not care at all because they knew the plot will save them and the rest is meaningless. Goku said against merged Zamasu: "This is my full power". "Really? What where you doing untll then you neglectful dickhead? Where was kaioken 10x? You know, the technique you used in a meaningless tournament just for fun. I guess the innocent lives of the last survivers are not worth enough for you to try everything you can." The final of this embarrassing battle was quiet proper. They achieved nothing on their own, they had to call Zeno so the whole battle was pointless. The survivers who had so much faith in them all died and they never get resurrected because they all abandoned them. Why did not Trunks and Mai went back to the past and stayed there in the first place? I hope you kids paid attention and learnt a lot about how you should never take anything serious, how ignore everything except for yourself, and about morality just in general. Good job DBS, that was the most disgraceful story I have ever seen in anime, especially in Dragon Ball.

All fair criticisms. The arc had some epic moments, but far and away too many plot holes.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@corvin123: I'll just address two things

This one

"Why did not Trunks and Mai went back to the past and stayed there in the first place?"

Because they DIDN'T want to. This is like asking why didn't trunks just stay in the past when he came back during the cell arc. They wanted to give those who died at least some form of a second chance at life, and now they have the power to do so. Even though seeing them will constantly remind them of their failure to protect their world, they'll at least know that one timeline of the people THEY knew are able to live in peace (it's why trunks broke down while seeing Gohan and being reminded of his future, but then remembered that at least one version of Gohan got to live his dream of being a scholar)

And also, goku didn't forget the urn, Roshi did

Corvin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: It was a rhetorical question. The ending made the whole arc meaningless to me. The whole struggle of the survivers, their hope, their suffering, Trunks desperate attempts to save them... all for nothing. At least they could make Zeno recreate the universe or the super dragon balls. It would not have been a happy ending in a fairy tale style because Trunks already lost too much but it would have given some justification for the arc. The ending just pointed out how unforgivable Goku and Vegeta's careless behavior is.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@mike_fowler: It was a rhetorical question. The ending made the whole arc meaningless to me. The whole struggle of the survivers, their hope, their suffering, Trunks desperate attempts to save them... all for nothing. At least they could make Zeno recreate the universe or the super dragon balls. It would not have been a happy ending in a fairy tale style because Trunks already lost too much but it would have given some justification for the arc. The ending just pointed out how unforgivable Goku and Vegeta's careless behavior is.

I mean I am all about the journey and dark ending, so I personally like it. That being said, I hate how stupid they make Goku in this arc. I mean the Z warrior are never known for making good decision, like letting Cell become his perfect form, or not killing Dr.Gero before he finish making the android, and etc, but it was due to personality instead of oh I forgot the senzu bean and the charm and left the vase at the time machine. I mean seriously WTF, making a stupid joke that effect the plot SERIOUSLY. I mean that for me was the only part of the series that did made me feel like most of the stuff are pointless, because it took away the tension for me. I mean I like the arc overall, but Goku being stupid just annoy me and he was probably at his worst this arc aside from the scene where he got mad.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvin123:

A) I don't think Zeno has the ability to create, only destroy (otherwise, he would've recreated the 6 universes he destroyed beforehand)

B) goku was careless (until he was told how black killed his family, then he got dead serious whenever he fought them). But how was vegeta careless?

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
    NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:
    @lawz said:
    @alextheboss said:

@lawz:

I could be wrong, but did Zamasu not say that he destroyed the Super Dragonballs in the future so that they couldn't be used again to stop him? I wonder if the present time-line dragonballs would work on an alternate multiverse...

Also, Zamasu said that he killed all the other gods and humans in all the other universes and left Earth of Universe 7 until last. After Zamasu became the sky and killed everyone else on Earth, there was only the 7 of them left before Zeno was called. And to be quite honest, with the state of the multiverse at that point with no humans or gods anywhere, even if Earth was full of people, you'd probably still see Zeno destroy the whole multiverse anyway.

When you think about it, its all Goku's fault.

1. Goku insisted on fighting Zamasu which made Zamasu not just hate humans more, but want to utilise Goku's body for his plan.
    2. His fight against Hit made Zamasu aware of the Super Dragonballs.
    3. His fights with Black made Black stronger
    4. He forgot the ribbon so Future-Zamasu couldn't stay trapped
    5. He forgot the senzu beans dispite his whole plan being eating a lot of senzu beans
    6. He talked Vegeta into giving Trunks their energy so he had the power to destroy Zamasu's body enabling him to abandon his godly form and begin to become the universe
    7. And he pressed the Zeno button who then destroyed everything because the entire multiverse was now dead and nothing at all was salvageable.

Thanks Goku

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded:

I could be wrong, but did Zamasu not say that he destroyed the Super Dragonballs in the future so that they couldn't be used again to stop him? I wonder if the present time-line dragonballs would work on an alternate multiverse...

Ya that's what I'm saying. I think they should try and use the present super dragon balls.

When you think about it, its all Goku's fault.

1. Goku insisted on fighting Zamasu which made Zamasu not just hate humans more, but want to utilise Goku's body for his plan.

Well this didn't actually happen in the manga version of Super. In the manga version of super Zamasu figures out about Goku from god tube, which actually fixes the time loop paradox.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: I stopped reading the manga a while back. I felt like it was rushed and didn't have the detail it should have. Like it was really only there so that there was a manga to go along with the anime and sell books.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: I recommend reading through it. It's pretty good. Also the fight with future dabura and babadi was shown in more detail.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: I'll take it back up again then. Shouldn't take long to read through. I remember reading the manga related to DBZ and noticing that generally, there were three issues that provided the story for one episode. In DBS when I was reading it, it was more like 1:1. But if it has extra details I'll want to read it.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: ya some things are different. for the most part i like the choices in the manga better. it's written by someone who actually cares for the series and it's much more consistent. the anime is entertaining, but a mess.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

I mean I like the arc overall, but Goku being stupid just annoy me and he was probably at his worst this arc aside from the scene where he got mad.

What scene was that? Got me curious...

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@jgames said:

I mean I like the arc overall, but Goku being stupid just annoy me and he was probably at his worst this arc aside from the scene where he got mad.

When Black told Goku he killed his family.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:
    @rukelnikovftw said:
    @jgames said:

When Black told Goku he killed his family.

Oh, ok, thx

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@nemesisreloaded: it depends on how you feel regarding things such as power scaling and smaller details

Me personally, I enjoy the manga, but I find it to be (like you said) rushed. I also dislike some of the choices it made (such as hit's character and the mystery regarding black)

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: I think I will give it a read anyway. If you think its still rushed, I probably will, but it'll be nice to see the differences and have the extra little details the anime skips over.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.